Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L'arc~en~ciel
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2
hidden__happiness
Ha, stupid question to ask but just wondering.

Has anyone heard of the song Lost Heaven by them??
It's for the movie of FMA, and I like it... a little tooo much...
anime lover girl
I love this band sssssssssssoooooooo much.I love Lost Heaven.
Slashrose1010
Dude... Laruku is great. My favorite song is Lies and Truth. The violins just kick major ass and Hideto-san is just so cool, not that Tet and Ken aren't too tongue.gif Lost Heaven is pretty cool, but I like Coming Closer a lot too ^^ I hope I handed out a few good songs to anyone who isn't too familiar to the band ^.^
gseed
I love Ready Steady Go! Such a good song!!!
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(gseed @ Jul 1 2005, 10:27 PM)
I love Ready Steady Go! Such a good song!!!

I feel RSG is a pretty good song, but not their best work at all. I actually like Riraito the same if not better tongue.gif If you like RSG you will probably like Driver's High and maybe Heaven Drive as well... People, listen to more Laruku! XD
DonnaDelDrago
I don't know many songs of L'arc~en~ciel
But I like the few I know. Lost Heaven and Spirit Dreams Inside are my favorites.
hidden__happiness
Ready Set Go wasn't too good... I didn't like it much, but what I did like is Lost Heaven.

Haha.. I've been listening to it a little tooo much.. lol.
I haven't heard any other songs but i will soon.
alphonsethearmoredone
of the few songs I've heard by this band I realy like, but its so hard to find songs online and haveing no money to buy realy sucks
hidden__happiness
Can't you just download??

Like thats where I get my songs from.. just a downloading place where I now forget...
alphonsethearmoredone
I've download a few Jpo/Jrock songs but its hard to find those sites, I don't want to use torrents
AZNSSSSS
i like larc en ciel, but the thing i hate is that most of the U.S. larc en ciel fans r nerdish and otakus. it makes larc en ciel look kinda bad in the U.S...

o yea, u guys should buy Awake, its awesome and most of the songs r done by Hyde so its interesting. and u should check out their song New World which was writtin by yukihiro (surprising....) and the music for it was written by yukihiro and hyde and its pretty good!

and just asking, does anyone know of what Lost Heaven is about? im just gonna say it, its about saying they r letting go of heaven because they wont go there anyways (aka the fma characters). ook, im done
Slashrose1010
^^ I am glad you responded like that, Guest.

I know some online Laruku fans and they aren't dorks or anything. But I guess there may be some. I have the Awake album, it is very nice. I didn't know Yuki and Hyde did most of the music though. I tried looking for some Acid Android and SOAP, but I can't seem to find any, and I don't have any money for import CDs.
Officer_Riza
ready Steady Go is a good song and im trying to learn how to play it on the Gutair but i cant find the song download so if someone knows one please tell me
Bubbles
I love L'arc~en~ciel!!!! I've had Heaven's Drive stuck in my head for about 3 hours now... *sweatdrops*

I just got AWAKE and I love it to DEATH!!!!! Especially Jiyu e no Shotai and LOST HEAVEN.

I also just got the Live in the USA DVD and I must say Hyde and Tetsu are both crazy! But I love them. And watch Ken while he's playing...he makes funny faces... heehee.

As for the meaning of LOST HEAVEN... go here: http://www.centigrade-j.com/ It has A TON of J-rock translations, including all of AWAKE.

as for the downloads, I found a new worldwide client called eMule which works very well. Easy to find a lot of Japanese music on there. I also purchased the CD, but I'm still waiting for it to come. *cries*
Judith
Hey, people... Since I have only the songs of L'arc en Ciel that're in the FMA soundtrack, does anyone have an idea where they can be downloaded from since torrents are really such a pain in the behind and kazaa is a total no-no...
-Kr!zY-
@ Judith-dude, maybe you could google it or something?like search for Jpop/rock mp3 downloads or something like that?...just an idea :)

back on topic, L`arc~en~ciel's vocalist has an awesome voice! yep, i'd say i like their music (though im more into heavier rock and metal..lol)i havent heard alot of their music ...Lost heaven sounds really good though, and RSG is alright^^ hm...i think i might go have a lookie for the songs Slashrose mentioned...^^
Judith
@ -Kr!zY- : darl', I tried looking up most of FMA music in google, altavista and such... No result... I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't tried... And bittorent sounds seriously crappy...

Hm, is there an official site with some downloads or something?... That would be seriously great. happy.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(-Kr!zY- @ Jul 8 2005, 07:08 AM)
@ Judith-dude, maybe you could google it or something?like search for Jpop/rock mp3 downloads or something like that?...just an idea smile.gif

back on topic, L`arc~en~ciel's vocalist has an awesome voice! yep, i'd say i like their music (though im more into heavier rock and metal..lol)i havent heard alot of their music ...Lost heaven sounds really good though, and RSG is alright^^ hm...i think i might go have a lookie for the songs Slashrose mentioned...^^

Yes, I like Hyde's voice as well ^^ You might want to look for The Nepenthes which is a lil heavier. Heaven's Drive 2005 is a very good song if you can find it. Butterfly's Sleep is also a pretty good song. You will most likely like All Dead as well =D I hope you like most of the songs I suggested.
-Kr!zY-
@ Judith: sorry, i was just trying to help ^^

@ Slashrose: thanks for that dude! :D yeah, i'll try and have a lookie for those~ (though it's quite difficult to search for them..) ^.^
http://larc-en-ciel.tk/ people i like to help so here are a lot of laruku songs is the web itīs in spanish but who cares

byesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TBM
Chrisy
Love them. Ready Steady Go! Favorite song. They rock out loud.

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 9 2005, 05:05 PM)
http://larc-en-ciel.tk/ people i like to help so here are a lot of laruku songs is the web itīs in spanish but who cares

byesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TBM
[snapback]208953[/snapback]

Who needs English anyways? It's not like we have to be able to read! I mean c'mon. Who said anything about that?
Bubbles
hey Chrisy, I'm just warning you now that the mods frown on double posting (as you did above)

I recomend editing your posts from now on to include "edits" and new information, unless someone posts under you.

Be careful from now on, kay?

*End OOC* (god I RP too much..)

I have been watching Live in the USA constantly.... Did anyone here actually go to that concert? I had friends who were at Otakon 2004 but missed the concert due to costume malfunctions (IE attatching feathers for AngelSanctuary wings before the contest).

I have decided that Tetsu is just funnily crazy..."Do you want to eat my bannanas???" *tosses bannanas into the audience*....I fell of the couch laughing...
-Kr!zY-
@ Slashrose: ^^ I found all the songs (except for Heavens Drive) that you suggested, they're all cool, but i really like The Nepenthes!! dude that song rocks!, oh and i managed to stumble accross As One (Awake) that rocks as well!
Cheers!^.^

~oh, and thanks guest for that link! you rock!^^
Champloo
I love this band. *used to have like 100 sumodd songs before she had to start over* ^-^ Butterfly's Sleep was my fave!
Bubbles
QUOTE(-Kr!zY- @ Jul 12 2005, 05:32 AM)
@ Slashrose: ^^ I found all the songs (except for Heavens Drive) that you suggested, they're all cool, but i really like The Nepenthes!! dude that song rocks!, oh and i managed to stumble accross As One (Awake) that rocks as well!
Cheers!^.^ 

~oh, and thanks guest for that link! you rock!^^
[snapback]210976[/snapback]

Heaven's Drive is one of my favs, I even have the PV for it. I also have it on the live DVD and watch it CONSTANTLY... I'm so pathetic...XD
Slashrose1010
@Kr!zY: No problem. Yeah, the Nepenthes is a pretty cool song.

@Bubbles:I also like Heaven's Drive. I haven't seen the PV for that but I have seen Driver's High PV, which was kind of pointless until they flew off the cliff XD that was funny.

Great Find for Laruku fans! Engrish translations for their songs! Woot~!!
http://www.geocities.com/my_neo_universe/lyrics.html
e n v i i
Ooh, I love L'Arc~en~Ciel! x3 Some of my favorites are Stay Away, Round and Round 2005, Ready Steady Go, Lost Heaven, and New World. I've never seen any of their PV's, unfortunately. D:
Slashrose1010
Some of their PVs are pretty good. Ready Steady Go is OK, but I like Niji and Lies and Truth a lot. I also have Honey and Link, but I don't like them much. I have also seen the Killing Me PV, but I didn't like it enough to keep it on my hardrive. The song is alright though.

I like Ophelia from their new Awake album. It is different from what they usually do and has a bluesy feel to it. Hoshizora and Trust are also good.
adamclark
for a Japanese pop band they're pretty good (actually, I've heard a lot of great Japanese musicians).

Their video for "Ready, Steady, Go" is very well done. Japanese video/movies usually have a bad reputation in the US for being too cheesey or campy, but their's was very well done.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(adamclark @ Nov 6 2005, 06:11 PM) [snapback]309999[/snapback]

for a Japanese pop band they're pretty good (actually, I've heard a lot of great Japanese musicians).

Their video for "Ready, Steady, Go" is very well done. Japanese video/movies usually have a bad reputation in the US for being too cheesey or campy, but their's was very well done.

mellow.gif Do you like... want your face eaten? They are not pop dry.gif Some songs are poppy, but on the other hand, they have songs like The Nepenthes, their PUNK~en~Ciel remixes and just songs that mix rock and other genres like Ophelia.

Ready Steady Go is an overrated song by Laruku imo. The video was kind of bland as well *has to admit the chibis were nice though*. It was just hyped up because they hadn't made music for awhile and was an OP for FMA, a popular anime. Hyde's vocals in the song weren't especially great in this song compared to others, but Smile was a good CD as a whole.
fMa_nv92
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I love this group!!!!!!!....why wouldn't I?? I LOVE READY,STEADY,GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Halford
Thats about the only song Ive heard by them. Anyone else know any good songs by them?
Dingbat
Am I the only one who likes their old style better than their new one? By old style I mean the likes of Honey, Heaven's Drive, Driver's High, Flower, etc. The new one seems too forced. Like Hyde is trying to sound gruff all the time...
Slashrose1010
@fMa: They have much better songs than Ready Steady Go rolleyes.gif I am sure that must be the only song you have heard from them if you think that song is so great.

@Halford: Go read the previous bloody pages. Why do people keep asking for more song suggestions when it is so easy to look on previous pages or search for a discography on Google.

@Dingbat: I like a mix of their old and new stuff. I felt that the Awake album was a little overly hyped and maybe even overrated, but it was still a nice album. I guess Hyde's current singing style is a little more deep/gruff sounding, and not as smooth as songs like Heaven's Drive, Flower and Vivid Colors, but I still like it. Even if you don't like Hyde's singing style in Laruku, you can always listen to some good ol' Sons of All Pussys or Tetsu69 tongue.gif *....fails to mention Acid Android*
Ladymercury
QUOTE(hidden__happiness @ Jun 28 2005, 09:40 PM) [snapback]201793[/snapback]

I hate them and I wish the disband and save me the pain of watching them forcefully release crap music.

I'm an old school Laruku fan that wished REAL was their last album, because SMILE was just autrocious.
DustStorm
I love Lost in Heaven. One of their best songs.
Dingbat
I hate them and I wish the disband and save me the pain of watching them forcefully release crap music.

I'm an old school Laruku fan that wished REAL was their last album, because SMILE was just autrocious.

I somewhat agree to your second point. I only like Feeling Fine and Ready Steady Go from SMILE. REAL and the oldies are much better.

@ Slashrose: Yeah, I do feel that AWAKE is too overrated. I seriously despise Hyde's tendency to go over the top with dramatic gruffness ^ ^ Their upbeat songs are much more memorable and pleasing that that.
Slashrose1010
@LadyMercury: No one is making you listen to them. If you don't like the songs they release in anime OSTs, then simply don't watch the OP/ED or 'buy' the CD.

@Dingbat: It is just a change in style I suppose. I think the change in voice is good in some songs. I don't think songs like Lost Heaven would sound with a smooth voice like he has in say, Flower. I liked a lot of their old songs, but I felt that a lot of their songs back then were too poppy or slow for my taste. I like how they lean to a more rock sound now, but I still like their old stuff.

As for the overhyped album, Awake. That is to be expected. After coming back for the Smile album, which was highly praised, usually more so than Awake still, people had high expectations. It is kind of like how Green Day's American Idiot album was so overly hyped and praised rolleyes.gif
Ladymercury
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Nov 10 2005, 04:13 PM) [snapback]311960[/snapback]

@LadyMercury: No one is making you listen to them. If you don't like the songs they release in anime OSTs, then simply don't watch the OP/ED or 'buy' the CD.

I can't help that every corner I turn into I see their faces and hear their music sleep.gif; It also doesn't help that their new legion of fans are more annoying than the Moon Child legion. I'm sorry, but when it comes to Jrock, I'm hella bitchy.
Slashrose1010
Around every corner... Do you like, live in Japan or something? Or in some European nation where they are popular, because you won't find a lick of Laruku where I am from *Scuzville, PA*. If you mean seeing them a lot on forums, internet sites, J-Rock related sites etc, I could kind of see why, but then avoid sites that are Laruku based/populated. Even in j-rock related sites, I am sure they have things related to other bands that you may enjoy anyway smile.gif
shining alchemist
I can't say which was their best CD because, well, I've only got one. And that would be Smile. My 2 favorites on there would be Coming Closer and Revalation. L'Arc~en~Ciel rocks out loud!!!(curently blasting my ears off with Coming Closer)
shadow_raven_nevermore
there... ok i guess
hi shiny one
Smoke Alchemist
Feeling fine is one of the songs on there CD smile that i can listen to over and over again!
Quistis88
Hmm . . . I recently developed a liking for their song "twinkle, twinkle". biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 17 2005, 09:24 PM) [snapback]316337[/snapback]

Hmm . . . I recently developed a liking for their song "twinkle, twinkle". biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I love the intro to this song. It sounds like it is from the seventies or some past era. *likes songs that are/sound old* I am not extremely fond of the vocals in this song, but the inctruments are alright. I like Hoshizora, Existence and As One better though. The CD in its entirety is still pretty gewd though :3
Smoke Alchemist
Yeah i kind of noticed the way they have a sound that is circa 1980 something...reminds me of some of the old hair bands LOL But i like the CD i have a lot!
Edward'sGirl
I.....love....L`Arc~en~Ciel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *goes into screaming fangirl mode* TETSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gifI LOVE TETSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

hehe...Gomen,
Anyway L`Arc rules, and they always will.
Lost Heaven, Niji, Ready Steady Go, Neo Universe, all of their songs are awesome, I've got tons.
Gotta love Laruku. cool.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
Heh, I've downloaded a couple songs. They seem pretty good. :?
Tombow
I, too like their older songs better, but I still listen to them. happy.gif
niagra flame
QUOTE(hidden__happiness @ Jun 28 2005, 08:25 PM) [snapback]201793[/snapback]

NOT ESPICILAY BUT I LOVE READY STEADY GO WHO DOESNT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.