Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 49 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Darklink
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 49 here.

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 10.

================

Hey anyone know when chap. 49 will be out for us???? I asume since there is only like 51 episodes in the anime that there will be roughly 51-55 mangas? Any one know if there will be alot more mangas than the anime?

<Last updated by Michiyo- on May. 8, 2011>
foolmetal alchemist
There will be at least 30 more chapters in the manga.
Darklink
Ok good, i will be looking forward to reading all of them smile.gif. Ummm still does anyone know when ill get to read chap 49? and also im not sure to the exact number of anime episodes there are i know there are like 51 so if anyone can clarify that for me it would be great.
foolmetal alchemist
There are exactly 51. The manga has a different story than the anime and will thus continue in a different manner.
Darklink
ok great, still cant wait for chap 49 its gana be great smile.gifsmile.gif
NightMistress
It'll be out in a week or two.
DarkWarrior
Oh 30 more chapters? That's another two and a half years.... I hope my interest doesn't change during that time. I'm really looking forward to the end of this manga.
foolmetal alchemist
It may even be more. There hasn't been an exact amount decided.
Senefen
I heard 20 or so books, which is like another 4 years of chapters O.o. I dont think its been confirmed.
OK.
Manga is very different to anime.
One chapter does not always equal one episode.
Chapter 49 comes out on the 12th of July but Umeko cant translate till about the 17th because shes working.
Fullmetal Fangirl
crap, when I saw the title of this thread i got excited and thought someone had scanned it but...crap. Anyway, sometime next week i think, and seeing where abouts we are in the manga and the story and stuff, it may take more than 51 chapters...
foolmetal alchemist
The manga is different than the anime so it will have a different amount of chapters than the total amount of episodes. Each have very different stories.
tathchan
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Jun 28 2005, 09:10 AM)
Have you heard anything we just said Fangirl?? THE MANGA IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ANIME. IT WILL HAVE MORE CHAPTERS THAN THE ANIME HAS EPISODES. THEY BOTH HAVE VERY DIFFERENT STORIES.
[snapback]201398[/snapback]

Sorry to butt in, but I think that was rather rude. Speaking as someone who hasn't been long in the FMA fandom myself, I think a little more patience could be granted to the "newbies" who are still trying to find their way around. It's inevitable that someone will repeat something that might already be common knowledge to those who know where and how to keep completely up-to-date, but that's no reason to snap at them - warn them against doing that in the future, yes, but you don't need to snap. sad.gif

(I wouldn't have said anything except that I saw your comments on the "Wrath = Fuhrer?" thread and noticed the same tone there. Lighten up a little, please? Some of us are still trying to catch up!)

On a lighter note, I'm glad to see that the next chapter will be up soon! I'm counting down the days. It will be so interesting to see just how different from the anime the manga ends up becoming... smile.gif
foolmetal alchemist
I agree my comment wasn't very grounded but in that other topic everyone was up to date with the manga. Besides, if someone isn't up to chapter 49 in this manga, why would they respond in this topic? I am sorry if my ill mood upset Fangirl, I was only angry because I had just explained the matter in one of my previous posts on this topic.
tathchan
Besides, if someone isn't up to chapter 49 in this manga, why would they respond in this topic?

I do agree that people need to make sure they know what they're talking about before they reply to a topic (or start a new one) - and definitely that they need to make sure another thread on the topic doesn't already exist before starting a new one - I just thought that you were a little harsher than was necessary in your reply. I do understand your frustration though.
foolmetal alchemist
Thank you, you were right to tell me off. I my comment was harsh.
Red Shadow
Can't we all just get along? *Snickers* Hey Tath-chan. Glad you found the place, this is Henrika from ff.net. Yes, I will be very happy to see the new chapter.

As for Foolmetal, thanks for apologizing, it makes the world a little nicer, though I do think it would be nice if newbies checked other threads and read up on the difference between the anime and the manga before asking questions like that over and over again.

I heard 20 volumes too, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
GS4Life
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh when will MSN post it. The raw version should be comin out pretty soon. I've been waiting impatiently dry.gif dry.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif (Damn I need to stop using the silly litttle faces dry.gif )
Shinobi Alchemist
Heh, when I saw this thread I thought that chapter 49 had been realesed tongue.gif but it's not so unfortunately...
I think the Manga is better than the Anime...the story is different between them and the best part is that people from Xing (supposed to be acient China) comes to Amestris happy.gif
Ling is one of the coolest characters and maybe Ran Fan will be equiped with auto-mail tongue.gif
And all who've read chapter 48 know what's happening right now in the Manga smile.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Jul 5 2005, 01:43 PM)
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh when will MSN post it. The raw version should be comin out pretty soon. I've been waiting impatiently dry.gif  dry.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif (Damn I need to stop using the silly litttle faces  dry.gif )
[snapback]206123[/snapback]

Be patient, for there's still one week to go. It comes out the 12th in Japan, so it'll be the 12th/13th in USA (my guess).

Enjoy the present material, such as Haga-Rangers!
QUOTE(Shinobi Alchemist @ Jul 5 2005, 02:22 PM)
Ling is one of the coolest characters and maybe Ran Fan will be equiped with auto-mail tongue.gif
[snapback]206141[/snapback]

Well, 49 oughtta come out with the character popularity rankings. If Ling and Ranfan haven't climbed up to at least the top ten, then those GanGan readers are just <censored>.

Ling and Ranfan, GO!
u_u;
NightMistress
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 5 2005, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Jul 5 2005, 01:43 PM)
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh when will MSN post it. The raw version should be comin out pretty soon. I've been waiting impatiently dry.gif  dry.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif (Damn I need to stop using the silly litttle faces  dry.gif )
[snapback]206123[/snapback]

Be patient, for there's still one week to go. It comes out the 12th in Japan, so it'll be the 12th/13th in USA (my guess).

Enjoy the present material, such as Haga-Rangers!
QUOTE(Shinobi Alchemist @ Jul 5 2005, 02:22 PM)
[snapback]206141[/snapback]

Well, 49 oughtta come out with the character popularity rankings. If Ling and Ranfan haven't climbed up to at least the top ten, then those GanGan readers are just <censored>.

Ling and Ranfan, GO!
u_u;
[snapback]206408[/snapback]

Actually, because Japan is almost a whole day ahead (especially the west coast of the US where they are 3 hours behind the east coast where I am), we'll have word and scans in the USA around the 11th/12th.
Shinobi Alchemist
I'm lucky that MSN are posting FMA chapters at all... there's not a single Swedish site I know that posts Mangas...not even the FMA Manga!! mad.gif
But that's OK I suppose, since I read FMA manga online and download other Mangas like Naruto from English or American websites tongue.gif
AA battery
hahaha, whenever I read threads regarding to sth like "WHEN THE HE|| IS CHAPTER 49 GONNA BE OUT?" or sth like "IS THE ANIME FINISHED YET?" or "IS ANIME RELATED TO MANGA???" or sth like that, newbie style questions, still reminds me of that FMA movie virus on April's Fool, because some FMA fans does NOT know that movie is not supposed to be out until July 23.

my point is, if you do like this anime/manga/whatsoever, please do keep yourself somehow updated with its info so that you can stop asking stupid questions (asking when the manga is gonna be released is classified as a stupid question, because on the last page of every chapter always tells you when the next chapter will be out. altho the "month" and "date" is written in kanji, the number "7" "12" is written in... uh, numbers that we can read sleep.gif so isn't that kinda... obvious?) also, to prevent yourself from catching virus/torjan that are aimed at anime/manga fans?

Just wondering, who here actually downloaded that FMA movie virus/torjan on April 1? It kinda made me laugh when 2 people on my MSN labeled their screen name as "ZOMG DON'T DOWNLOAD FMA MOVIE BECAUSE IT IS A VIRUS!!!" on April 2nd, and were shocked when I told them that the movie isn't supposed to be out in Japan theatres until July 23, hahaha.

*/sarcastic comment*
Shinobi Alchemist
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jul 7 2005, 07:59 AM)
hahaha, whenever I read threads regarding to sth like "WHEN THE HE|| IS CHAPTER 49 GONNA BE OUT?" or sth like "IS THE ANIME FINISHED YET?" or "IS ANIME RELATED TO MANGA???" or sth like that, newbie style questions, still reminds me of that FMA movie virus on April's Fool, because some FMA fans does NOT know that movie is not supposed to be out until July 23.

my point is, if you do like this anime/manga/whatsoever, please do keep yourself somehow updated with its info so that you can stop asking stupid questions (asking when the manga is gonna be released is classified as a stupid question, because on the last page of every chapter always tells you when the next chapter will be out. altho the "month" and "date" is written in kanji, the number "7" "12" is written in... uh, numbers that we can read sleep.gif so isn't that kinda... obvious?) also, to prevent yourself from catching virus/torjan that are aimed at anime/manga fans?

Just wondering, who here actually downloaded that FMA movie virus/torjan on April 1? It kinda made me laugh when 2 people on my MSN labeled their screen name as "ZOMG DON'T DOWNLOAD FMA MOVIE BECAUSE IT IS A VIRUS!!!" on April 2nd, and were shocked when I told them that the movie isn't supposed to be out in Japan theatres until July 23, hahaha.

*/sarcastic comment*
[snapback]207265[/snapback]

Well, those who are asking these stupid questions must be quite dense in their heads dry.gif Those chapters that MSN posts are in a HUGE size and it's very difficult to miss the text on the last page: "Next issue --month --day" or something like that...
GS4Life
"Well, 49 oughtta come out with the character popularity rankings. If Ling and Ranfan haven't climbed up to at least the top ten, then those GanGan readers are just <censored>."

Wha?! top 10, They don't deserve that.....................................................
I mean come on, They should be in the top 5 dammit. I mean Ling is the very essence of kick arseness. Ran Fan is so kawii (I said that right, right?) TOP 5 along with Greed, Ed, and Winry. People these days.*nods head *
Random Person
lol, I just read from chapter 1 to chapter 48 within the past week. (my head hurts, but it was worth it XD) Before that I only saw up to episode 26 in the anime. I have to say that the manga is alot better and thanks to it I understand FMA a whole lot better. That and the manga shows much more EdxWin hints smile.gif. I didnt even know Ling or Ranfan existed till this week. I hope they at least get in the top 10.
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jul 6 2005, 11:59 PM)
[snapback]207265[/snapback]

It was labelled as a screener - and though unlikely, it was possibly the real thing. ^^

And a lot of people that knew the real date downloaded it anyways :/
Senefen
We'll have to make sure Umeko does the poll as well as the chapter.

If some one has the chinese or Jap program on their com they should do a basic intro to date formats.
*box with line through it * = Day
*open box with line through middle and tail on right hands side* = month
^^ 3 years of chinese comes in handy. Also if you pay attention on the last page of the chapter it says the date, generaly the translators translate it >.>. FMA Character polls are funny ^^. This should be good. Does anyone have the 1st poll by the way?
The torrent for the raw is out, but I don't know if I can post the link.
^I also found that torrent a little bit ago, but the ZIP file I get from it doesn't appear to be working (I get errors when attempting to extact)
Reika
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 10 2005, 06:07 AM)
^I also found that torrent a little bit ago, but the ZIP file I get from it doesn't appear to be working (I get errors when attempting to extact)
[snapback]209150[/snapback]

The chapter isn't supposed to be out on 12th?
Hikusa Rockgirl X
Supposly.. but the Raw is out XD
i found it too
i dont know if i can post it tought x_o
Reika
QUOTE(Hikusa Rockgirl X @ Jul 10 2005, 09:59 AM)
Supposly.. but the Raw is out XD
i found it too
i dont know if i can post it tought x_o

[snapback]209234[/snapback]

Why not? T^T
The Frozen Alchemist
Hi, I just got finished reading ch49; and it was great. The Doctor, Mustang, Hawkeye leave with lanfan. Hawkeye gives Ed her gun. Gluttony proved that he can clear more area alone than a single hurricane and that Envy likes turning into horses.
Reika
QUOTE (The Frozen Alchemist @ Jul 10 2005, 11:51 AM)
Hi, I just got finished reading ch49; and it was great. The Doctor, Mustang, Hawkeye leave with lanfan. Hawkeye gives Ed her gun. Gluttony proved that he can clear more area alone than a single hurricane and that Envy likes turning into horses.

You know, you could warn poeple that you are going to spoil EVERYTHING about
that chapter. I read it already too ^^
Sensenic
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 10 2005, 12:25 PM)
[snapback]209269[/snapback]

Where is it, plz? me no can find... happy.gif;

EDIT: Found. Impatient me.

And you, guest people, there be spoiler tags. Use them, [spoiler]for Truth's sake.[/spoiler]
another guest
Well, you forgot that

*SPOILER*

Pride made an appearance (but he was still covered in shadow)
Conversation between Pride and Wrath about Wrath's blasphemy
.... and Pride's statement that destroyed all "Pride = Father" theory

*END OF SPOILER*
Reika
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 10 2005, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 10 2005, 12:25 PM)
[snapback]209269[/snapback]

Where is it, plz? me no can find... happy.gif;

EDIT: Found. Impatient me.

And you, guest people, there be spoiler tags. Use them, [spoiler]for Truth's sake.[/spoiler]
[snapback]209274[/snapback]

I posted it here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/royai/
Aoko-chan
Ne Ne, where did you guys get it?? I thought it was out on the 12th?? Can you share the link where you got the scans with us??

Edit::
O Crap, I didn't see the link X__x... been reading too much Royai fics lately, bad for my eyes, good for my brain and heart XD
Reika
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jul 10 2005, 01:53 PM)
Ne Ne, where did you guys get it?? I thought it was out on the 12th?? Can you share the link where you got the scans with us??

Edit::
O Crap, I didn't see the link X__x... been reading too much Royai fics lately, bad for my eyes, good for my brain and heart XD
[snapback]209287[/snapback]

I posted it just on top of your post XD
GS4Life
SPOLIERS (sorry I dunno how to make those box things)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Things aren't looking good for Edward Ling and Alphonse. Gluttony may be as powerful as Wrath about now. I would say Ling is the strongest good guy as of now, but he may no longer be able to kick the crap outta Gluttony, I'll miss that. Anyways Does anyone know who the hell stabbed poor Ed? Envy is the only that makes sence, but why the hell would he shapeshift in mid battle when everyone knows who he is. If Wrath shows they are utterly screwed. Although Envy is weaker than Ed AL and Ling, alot weaker than Ling. So he's more or less useless assuming he's not the one who stabbed Ed. Hopefully no one will find Roy, Riza, Ran Fan, and that doctor.Ran Fan's near deaths from 45-48 gave me enough heart attacks sad.gif .
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
SPOILERS (Just in case)

The part with Ed being stabbed is not part of the storyline. It is a preview for the new game coming out. It will more than likely have no bearing on the actual storyline whatsoever. smile.gif

SPOILERS
GS4Life
^ oh, blink.gif that doesn't make much sense but thanks.
Spoilers away
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I kinda realized it wasn't during the battle when I looked it over and remebered Ed wasn't wearing a jacket during the past few chapters. I still didn't know what it as for though. Then that means.......... Ha ha, Envy is gonna get his ass kicked.......AGAIN!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
sunshinegirl7
*Spoiler*( just to be safe)

Is the girl towards the end of the chapter riza when she was a kid? I was wondering since I cant read japanese.

*Spoiler*
Kirara
Okay this isn't a spoiler so I am making this post so everyone sees. Page 38 till the end is a side story for the new FMA video game that is coming out in Japan. It has NOTHING to do with the main plot of the story. The young girl you see is just a made-up character for the video game.

Anyways that was another great chapter. Roy is useless <3
Yukina_Raven
Woot! This was an awesome chapter! Loved Riza saving Roy's ass... again. laugh.gif Also loved Ed remember what Winry said. I dunno, that scene was powerful to me. He hesitates taking the gun, then remembers Winry telling him sadly "Don't die". Sadly all the dialouge was lost to me since I can't read Japanese, but someone wanna spoiler me anyway? What exactly was said that destroyed the Pride = Father theory? And I'm still convinced that Hohenheim is this "Father" that the Homonculi take orders from...

Anyway, Horse!Envy freaked me out. o_o And ANOTHER cliffhanger ending. *Sulks* I have a bad feeling Envy's gonna seriously whip Ling, Ed and Al... sad.gif
Reika
Did any one notice that:

Roy is in his boxers and the Cow won't show us him!!! >.< and most important!! who was with him in the moment he took the clothes off!!!!???? ha! Riza! XDDD since he can't even stand up... he needed help right??? woho! *starts with her fantasies*
Saturn Stars
Someone please post the link to the raw, I'll love you forever!

Reika, are you talking about the fma chapter 49? I have no idea what that cow thing was about lol!
Reika
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Jul 10 2005, 09:02 PM)
Someone please post the link to the raw, I'll love you forever!

Reika, are you talking about the fma chapter 49? I have no idea what that cow thing was about lol!
[snapback]209564[/snapback]

I posted the link to the raw, but well, here you have again:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...89721#t34589721

And yes, XD I was reffering to that chapter, although the cow is supposed to be Hiromu Arakawa XD
Saturn Stars
I shall go read chapter 49! Yay
Glam
O.O reika what page is the cow is suppost to be on? *goes read chapter 49 for the 10th time* OOOh the ROYAINESS!! <3 cow sensei >.>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.