Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 49 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Reika
QUOTE(Glam @ Jul 10 2005, 09:50 PM)
O.O reika what page is the cow is suppost to be on? *goes read chapter 49 for the 10th time* OOOh the ROYAINESS!! <3 cow sensei >.>
[snapback]209603[/snapback]

Huh... I was reffering to Arakawa-sensei...
Sensenic
QUOTE (GS4Life @ Jul 10 2005, 02:58 PM)
SPOLIERS (sorry I dunno how to make those box things)

All right, people... Don't you see there be words between this --> '[',']' (the name I can't remember... happy.gif), then text, then another one with the symbol '/' added? These are called tags and work wonders in the Internet forums such as this one.

Just you try putting the text like this -->

[_spoiler_]<here be spoiler stuff>[_/spoiler_]

, without the '_' and...
tah-dah!
QUOTE (Yukina_Raven @ Jul 10 2005, 07:16 PM)
Anyway, Horse!Envy freaked me out.

Reminded me a lot of Tucker's Nina/Alexander chimera. Must be those blank eyes. Creepy... :S

OT PS: Hey, Random Person, could I see that whole "Super Fullmetal Bros" art from your av, plz? wink.gif
Envious...
Very minor detail but...

When Envy transforms from the horse, you can see a close up of the hoof turining into a hand. Here, it's clear that Envy's middle finger forms the hoof, while the four fingers are around it.

This is quite accurate to a real horse's foot anatomy. The middle phalange forms the hoof, while the rest of the fingers form vestigial structures around it..

Mayabe Arakawa studied some animal anatomy before? It's surprsingly accurate...
Hikusa Rockgirl X
Arakawa is just awesome ;_;
btw x.o
yay, the scanlations are done
*wonders why the Scanlations arent posted*
x_x soon or late, i think i'm not avaliable to post them XD?
anywayz just a hint, they are on the LJ community and like always translated by ZOMGFTA :D
Senefen
*checks date* It's the 11th and 9:35am Jap time (Aus it 2 hours ahead? Or is it 3 cant remember)
O.o you guys are fast.
Cant download till tomorrow (stupid connection). Will just read spoilers.
Poor Ed gets so beat up. Looks like hes in over his head (again).
Saturn Stars
I am australian, and Japan is One hour ahead of us. Australia is up to 15 hours ahead of America. SHowever it is not yet the 12th in japan as it is only monday the 11th 12:32 pm here in australia.

So in japan it's about monday 1:32 pm. So it came out early I guess
Kasumi
Actually, GanGan (as well as many japanese magazines) come out a day or two earlier than scheduled. happy.gif It's always been like that.
Aoko-chan
Horse Envy freaked me out ~.~ ... Looks like Nina Chimera

LOL Riza is saving Roy's ass again xD!! With Envy, Ed, Al and Ling are going to do fine.. but how about Gluttony..mm..
Martel
::dies:: does anyone know if there is a translated chapter 49 out? I hate to admit it but I can't read the raw version sad.gif ::cry::
Kyo_Umerio
hey all i just wanted to make an apperance and let you all know i'm still alive biggrin.gif YAY ME!!!! anyways i cant wait to read Chapter 49 and also um Hi Everyone? did you miss me ? *shows off Sig and Ava that Electrastar made him and clings to her* i loveded you Electrastar!!!
lialiakicks
ZOMG, it's Pride! O_O

It's about time we find out who the bastard is... >_>
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(sunshinegirl7 @ Jul 10 2005, 04:22 PM)
*Spoiler*( just to be safe)

Is the girl towards the end of the chapter riza when she was a kid? I was wondering since I cant read japanese.

*Spoiler*
[snapback]209366[/snapback]

that gaiden is the prologue to FMA's 3rd rpg from square enix -- that little girl isn't riza but is the main character of the 3rd game -- FMA: The girl who surpasses the Gods"

hey umerio! nice sig and ava!
o_O Yo.. does anyone got the translation for chapter 49...? T____T I can't read Japanese and I really want to know what's going on....
POTOPHREAK
Link to LJ post for Chapter 49 from the SUPER AWESOME ZOMG Fruit Tree Alchemists:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/2549759.html
And I love this chapter biggrin.gif The cell with the useless Roy with fungus on his head! Riza is so cool... Gluttony isn't cute as before but he looks really strong. Poor Ran Fan...
But Envy's comment on Hughes mad.gif
We still don't see Pride clearly... perhaps he may be someone we already know? unsure.gif
pinako
this is sorta a random question but does anyone know if in the manga so far if they showed us who sloth is...?
Reika
QUOTE (POTOPHREAK @ Jul 11 2005, 07:37 AM)
Link to LJ post for Chapter 49 from the SUPER AWESOME ZOMG Fruit Tree Alchemists:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/2549759.html
And I love this chapter biggrin.gif  The cell with the useless Roy with fungus on his head!  Riza is so cool...  Gluttony isn't cute as before but he looks really strong.  Poor Ran Fan...
But Envy's comment on Hughes  mad.gif
We still don't see Pride clearly... perhaps he may be someone we already know?  unsure.gif

At first I thought Bradley wanted Roy alive so he would become "Pride", but now I don't know why would he want him alive :s
Shinobi Alchemist
This chapter was awesome tongue.gif I wonder what will happen next (everyone here does it, right?)
The useless Colonel hahah, Roy is really getting dissed laugh.gif
I can't wait for chapter 50!!!

By the way, I have a question. Does it take 1 month until a new chapter is out or am I wrong?
Shinsei Kage
Judging from Pride's shadowy appearance, he's a man. Which means that Lust is the only female homunculus. And she's dead.

...I wouldn't call myself a feminist or anything, but....I kinda wanted Pride to be female just cause it would give more variety to the homunculi. But I guess not. XD

And...I can't help but wonder...why was Envy a horse? Did he transform into a horse to help him reach Ed & co. faster, or something?
Chronuic
Uh Roy isn't in a Cell that's Tim Marcoh who was taken by Envy and Gluttony a few chapters back.
Umeko
Popping in real quick from camp to say that I have the chapter linked on our website (link in signature, as always), and while it is password-protected, it's the same password as last month because I didn't get a chance to change it. (Go to the chapter 48 topic for the clue.) If someone wants to make a new topic to say this, go right ahead, because I don't have the time to right now. >.>; Must get off the staff computer!
GS4Life
Ran Fan must live. If she dies, I will be very very very very very very very very very very very very very sad, and utterly pissed. Please don't die Ran, please don't die.

That was rather nrandom but I'm fin. So then.....
drake220
Hey, just thought I'd say that MSN has the full translated chapter up. Here's the link:
http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/f...emistmanga.msnw
unfortunately, they don't have the preview for the game just the chapter.
About the chapter:

I don't see Ran fan dying anytime soon. She seemed to be doing fine. However, i found everyone blasting the colonel absolutely hysterical!!
Also, poor Ed accepting that gun! I think this chapter was pivotal in character development for ed-chan. It's like the one thing he held himself back from, he's now doing. He hasn't handled a gun any time before now, has he? I don't think so. I wonder how Winry will react if she ever found out that because of what she said, he's using weapons now. That's be a very cool scene to see!
And about Marcoh- did we know about this transmutation circle of blood before?!?!? I find this extremely cool! they are making a transmutation circle using wars and blood and an entire country are the ingredients!!! How freaky!!!
god, i adore the Hommonculi!!!!

In response to Shinsei Kage, I woud have also liked to see some more female Hommonculi but hey, all this says is that males are more suspetible to the esven deadly sins then females are!!
Reika
QUOTE(Umeko @ Jul 11 2005, 04:08 PM)
Popping in real quick from camp to say that I have the chapter linked on our website (link in signature, as always), and while it is password-protected, it's the same password as last month because I didn't get a chance to change it.  (Go to the chapter 48 topic for the clue.) If someone wants to make a new topic to say this, go right ahead, because I don't have the time to right now. >.>; Must get off the staff computer!
[snapback]210320[/snapback]

And.. What link is your website? ^^U
Adam_The_Unpredictable
Drake220,
The reason I didn't post the PS2 preview on http://www.msnusers.com/FullMetalAlchemist was because the translation... wasn't right.
Umeko was just putting wierd stuff in the text bubbles.
He had King bradley singing Little Orphan Anne... Funny, but that wasn't what was going on.

And for Reika,
Umeko's site is http://www.zomgfta.duelstandby.com/
Electrastar
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Jul 10 2005, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE(sunshinegirl7 @ Jul 10 2005, 04:22 PM)
*Spoiler*( just to be safe)

Is the girl towards the end of the chapter riza when she was a kid? I was wondering since I cant read japanese.

*Spoiler*
[snapback]209366[/snapback]

that gaiden is the prologue to FMA's 3rd rpg from square enix -- that little girl isn't riza but is the main character of the 3rd game -- FMA: The girl who surpasses the Gods"

hey umerio! nice sig and ava!
[snapback]209894[/snapback]

Why thank you Chibi-Viki. It was made by ME tongue.gif (insert shameless plug here)
Anyway...who the hell is Pride..I thought it was going to be Hohenheim, but I don't think that's the case...Sloth is huge....The figure looked rather slender...it can't be Kimbley because he can do alchemy...

So many unsolved mysteries in the manga...I love it biggrin.gif
Random Person
I just read chapter 49. Ed seems more grown up, and I thought it was cute that he thought of Winry when he accepted the gun. Hope nobody gets eaten XD.
Shinsei Kage
...Pride is Tucker!

*is shot*
pinako
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Jul 11 2005, 10:36 PM)
...Pride is Tucker!

*is shot*
[snapback]210898[/snapback]

tucker cant be pride!! tucker is dead and eds dad is pride in the manga! and in the anime king bradly is pride...so it cant be tucker...and yea chapter 49 is realy cool i read the translated one and theres like 37 pages or somthing and in the raw version theres like 48 or somthing and theres somthing about a girl with this flower looking thing on her hand and i found this pic once where theres like ed al roy and that girl
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(pinako @ Jul 12 2005, 12:26 AM)
...Pride is Tucker!

*is shot*

tucker cant be pride!! tucker is dead and eds dad is pride in the manga! and in the anime king bradly is pride...so it cant be tucker...and yea chapter 49 is realy cool i read the translated one and theres like 37 pages or somthing and in the raw version theres like 48 or somthing and theres somthing about a girl with this flower looking thing on her hand and i found this pic once where theres like ed al roy and that girl
[snapback]210927[/snapback]

Who says Ed's Dad is Pride in the Manga? that hasn't been confirmed yet!
Shinsei Kage
...Oh yeah, sure Tucker is dead. That's what they want you to think!

No, but seriously. Pride's identity is still a mystery at this point in time. And I highly doubt that Ed and Al's father is Pride, because homunculi can't reproduce. King Bradley's son is adopted, remember?

Anywho...if Pride does end up being Tucker, I'll be laughing my ass off. I only suggested it because Pride appears to have either very short, balding hair or no hair at all. And his facial structure does slightly resemble Tucker's. And cause it would be such a delicious plot twist! And yet it would also make no sense, because Tucker can use alchemy. XD

But..I wonder if Pride and that....thing/person/whatever that Ed and Al created are connected?

...How the heck are homunculi created in the manga, anyway? I know it's different than in the anime, but..I completely forgot how it was in the manga. =_=
Reika
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Jul 12 2005, 09:09 AM)
...Oh yeah, sure Tucker is dead. That's what they want you to think!

No, but seriously. Pride's identity is still a mystery at this point in time. And I highly doubt that Ed and Al's father is Pride, because homunculi can't reproduce. King Bradley's son is adopted, remember?

Anywho...if Pride does end up being Tucker, I'll be laughing my ass off. I only suggested it because Pride appears to have either very short, balding hair or no hair at all. And his facial structure does slightly resemble Tucker's. And cause it would be such a delicious plot twist! And yet it would also make no sense, because Tucker can use alchemy. XD

But..I wonder if Pride and that....thing/person/whatever that Ed and Al created are connected?

...How the heck are homunculi created in the manga, anyway? I know it's different than in the anime, but..I completely forgot how it was in the manga. =_=
[snapback]210944[/snapback]

I thought he was tucker too

but that doesn't make too much sense... the only thing we know is that we know him
Sensenic
QUOTE(POTOPHREAK @ Jul 11 2005, 07:37 AM)
[spoiler]We still don't see Pride clearly... perhaps he may be someone we already know?  unsure.gif
[/spoiler]
[snapback]210017[/snapback]

That's probably it, but in this chapter he made this comment to Wrath Bradley: "You've been around humans for too much time" (or similar), which makes me think that maybe we don't know him... But then, why keeping him in the shadows for so long? Hmmm... So many misteries about this guy...
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 11 2005, 08:48 AM)
[spoiler]
At first I thought Bradley wanted Roy alive so he would become "Pride", but now I don't know why would he want him alive :s [/spoiler]
[snapback]210092[/snapback]

Awwww, come on, let's try to have better memory next time:
One- Homunculus are not made from actual people in the manga (at least that we know so far) and...
Two- Bradley said clearly that he wants Roy to "open the Gates"/"see Truth"/"become a "clapper"" so he becomes an actual Human Sacrifice, because, for now, he's only a Candidate (that is, an alchemist good enough to be able to open the Gates and come back), just like Marco is or Al was before Martel's thing.
QUOTE(Shinobi Alchemist @ Jul 11 2005, 11:00 AM)
By the way, I have a question. Does it take 1 month until a new chapter is out or am I wrong?
[snapback]210124[/snapback]

Yes, this manga is... eh... monthly? Well, each chapter comes out every month, so don't expect chapter 50 till around the 10th of August.
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Jul 11 2005, 12:06 PM)
[spoiler]And...I can't help but wonder...why was Envy a horse? Did he transform into a horse to help him reach Ed & co. faster, or something?[/spoiler]
[snapback]210133[/snapback]

Well, that'd be it, I guess. He had to reach Gluttony quickly, so a horse, as the fast and rather common animal it is, is approppriate.
QUOTE(Adam_The_Unpredictable @ Jul 11 2005, 09:05 PM)
Umeko was just putting wierd stuff in the text bubbles.
He had King bradley singing Little Orphan Anne...   Funny, but that wasn't what was going on.
[snapback]210530[/snapback]

Umeko, you're definitely nutz... laugh.gif

And thanks a million again for the chapter, you 2. And so fast this time.
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Jul 12 2005, 03:09 AM)
...it can't be Kimbley because he can do alchemy...
[snapback]210722[/snapback]

And yet it would also make no sense, because Tucker can use alchemy. XD

OK, people... I don't think Pride is either of two, nor that the homunculus can actually do Alchemy out of their "specialty"... But let's just settle this: In the manga no one has said Homunculus can't do alchemy. Stop using anime info as a reference because much of it has already been contradicted by the manga. They're 2 different stories with some points in common, so please do separate these 2 once and for all.

Thanks.

Again, altho' I think so (homnuculus can't reproduce), it still hasn't been said so, and the fact that one of them hasn't actually reproduced doesn't necessarily mean none of them can. Don't take early conclusions, please.

Hardly... "It" is buried in a grave in Rizembool/however-you-spell-it.

And the official chronology from the PG2 advanced the info that Pride is the oldest of the Homunculi, having been born hundreds (thousands?) of years before, actually. happy.gif

You have a philosopher's stone -> Build a human body around it -> then you have an Homunculus linked to the stone: that is, the stone becomes the Homunculus, so if you take the stone out of the body, a new body shall be born around it, the only way to kill an homunculus is to "kill" the Stone -> Info taken from the Roy vs Lust battle from vol. 10.

Arff... that was a long one u_u
Reika
Awwww, come on, let's try to have better memory next time:
One- Homunculus are not made from actual people in the manga (at least that we know so far) and...
Two- Bradley said clearly that he wants Roy to "open the Gates"/"see Truth"/"become a "clapper"" so he becomes an actual Human Sacrifice, because, for now, he's only a Candidate (that is, an alchemist good enough to be able to open the Gates and come back), just like Marco is or Al was before Martel's thing.

You said it, THAT WE KNOW, I had a theory that would explain why they want Roy to open the gates, and even the eye gluttony has in his stomach when he awakens. Now it can't be applicable for roy, but yes for the homunculi creation, but I can't tell you my theory because it would spoil my doujinshi readers what's coming.
NeoKakashi
QUOTE(pinako @ Jul 11 2005, 11:26 PM)
...Pride is Tucker!

*is shot*

[snapback]210927[/snapback]

Hohenheim is more likely to be Father, not Pride. And we now know that Father=/=Pride. smile.gif
Zink
QUOTE(Sensenic)
Again, altho' I think so (homnuculus can't reproduce), it still hasn't been said so, and the fact that one of them hasn't actually reproduced doesn't necessarily mean none of them can. Don't take early conclusions, please.

I direct you here.
Al clearly states that Homunculi can't reproduce. One should take notice though that it is quoted from books which also state that there was no successful attempt at creating Homunculi, so the credibility of that quote is refutable.
Shinsei Kage
QUOTE(Zink @ Jul 12 2005, 06:26 AM)
QUOTE(Sensenic)

I direct you here.
Al clearly states that Homunculi can't reproduce. One should take notice though that it is quoted from books which also state that there was no successful attempt at creating Homunculi, so the credibility of that quote is refutable.
[snapback]211004[/snapback]

Exactly what I was going to say, Zink.

Also...

OK, people... I don't think Pride is either of two, nor that the homunculus can actually do Alchemy out of their "specialty"... But let's just settle this: In the manga no one has said Homunculus can't do alchemy. Stop using anime info as a reference because much of it has already been contradicted by the manga. They're 2 different stories with some points in common, so please do separate these 2 once and for all.

Thanks.

...Would you care to explain how it would be possible for homunculi to perform alchemy? Also, if they could do alchemy, don't you think that one them would have by now? Take that into consideration.

Thanks.
Glam
If Tucker was pride wouldn't someone have to bring him by doing human transmutation? And also, why would anybody want to bring him back to life? >.> AND I think pride is someone we haven't seen before cause they said he didn't come out much right?
QUOTE (Sensenic @ Jul 12 2005, 02:14 AM)
We still don't see Pride clearly... perhaps he may be someone we already know?  unsure.gif

That's probably it, but in this chapter he made this comment to Wrath Bradley: "You've been around humans for too much time" (or similar), which makes me think that maybe we don't know him... But then, why keeping him in the shadows for so long? Hmmm... So many misteries about this guy...

They can have Pride pop up among a bunch of new characters in the future, so keeping his identity still a secret is to let us keep speculating who he is when he might be slowly introduced later. Pride need not be someone we have already seen but might be someone else who we will see later appearing as a 'normal' person.
GS4Life
I know who pride is he's Lil' Slugger. Wait a sceond he can't vbe Lil' Slugger if Rick James is Lil' SLugger. But what about Al Gore. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I can't take it anymore. *is paranoid* *Sees Lil' Slugger and points to him*

Me: OOOOooooooOOOO! That's Lil' Slugger! Wait, that's not good.... ohmy.gif
*gets slugged*
Me: Curse you Pride/Al Gore/ Rick James!
Shinsei Kage
QUOTE (Glam @ Jul 12 2005, 05:55 PM)
If Tucker was pride wouldn't someone have to bring him by doing human transmutation?  And also, why would anybody want to bring him back to life? >.>  AND I think pride is someone we haven't seen before cause they said he didn't come out much right? 

*sighs*

Okay everyone, listen up. When I said earlier that "Pride is Tucker!", I was JOKING. You could even say I was being sarcastic!

So no more posts saying "OMGZ Tucker can't be Pride becuz ____!1!1!!". Sheesh.
Reika
QUOTE (Shinsei Kage @ Jul 13 2005, 04:58 AM)
QUOTE (Glam @ Jul 12 2005, 05:55 PM)
If Tucker was pride wouldn't someone have to bring him by doing human transmutation?  And also, why would anybody want to bring him back to life? >.>  AND I think pride is someone we haven't seen before cause they said he didn't come out much right? 

*sighs*

Okay everyone, listen up. When I said earlier that "Pride is Tucker!", I was JOKING. You could even say I was being sarcastic!

So no more posts saying "OMGZ Tucker can't be Pride becuz ____!1!1!!". Sheesh.

In the manga, that we know, homunculus aren't created like in the anime, what Ed created wasn't an homunculus
Kaiko
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 12 2005, 10:36 PM)
In the manga, that we know, homunculus aren't created like in the anime, what Ed created wasn't an homunculus
[snapback]211730[/snapback]

Wait, I'm confused now. So what are homunculus supposed to be in the manga? XDDD;;
Reika
QUOTE(Kaiko @ Jul 13 2005, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 12 2005, 10:36 PM)
[snapback]211730[/snapback]

Wait, I'm confused now. So what are homunculus supposed to be in the manga? XDDD;;
[snapback]211797[/snapback]

what?
Senefen
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Jul 12 2005, 05:36 AM)
...Pride is Tucker!

*is shot*

*is the one who shoot*
mad.gif I don't like Tucker. Plus you dragged out everyone who cant take a joke.
^^ was funny though.

A giant transmutation circle huh. Wow didnt think of that O.o. Makes sense I guess. If pride is hundreds of years old they've been at this for a while. Xerxes to the east and Ishbal (south east?) were points. Amertris has been waring with everyone for centuries. Looks like the Ed-going-to-war fanfics mightnt be as far off as we thought. Father made Wrath to control the military and they're targeting their eternal enemy of Drachmasca (? something like that, I think Drachmasca is in FFXII actualy ^^) next. So Xerxes was full of alchemists, Ishbal was too, the north will be, that leaves us what? 2 points to the west which could have happened hundreds of years ago (was it 5 points? cant remember).
By the sound of it they're getting close to it too. Assuming father is Hoe, Izumi mentioned that he was getting close to his goal.... or I could be totaly wrong. There hasnt been much talk of this. How do you think the homunculus are gonna do this?
Zink
Marcoh assumed the Homonculi wanted to create the Philosopher's Stone using the huge transmutation circle, which would make sense in the anime, but not really in the manga. Why would they want to create the Philosopher's Stone? As we know, they have 6 of those right now. The only reason I could see why they would need another one, would be to recreate Lust. But Lust died not a long time ago, and the plan to recreate her wasn't centuries long... So what are the Homonculi making?
Sensenic
QUOTE (Zink @ Jul 12 2005, 06:26 AM)
I direct you here.

Ah, OK, didn't remember that, I just took in mind that no homunculus has said "we can't reproduce" or similar so far. Completely agree with you there, then.

One never knows...
QUOTE (Shinsei Kage @ Jul 12 2005, 11:54 PM)
OK, people... I don't think Pride is either of two, nor that the homunculus can actually do Alchemy out of their "specialty"...

...Would you care to explain how it would be possible for homunculi to perform alchemy? Also, if they could do alchemy, don't you think that one them would have by now? Take that into consideration.

Thanks.

No, I won't care to explain. I just follow the manga, don't make up theories.

Anyway, did you read the first phrase? I didn't say "Homunculi can do alchemy", I said (or I meant) "I don't think Homunculi can do alchemy, BUT that it has never been said explicitly so in the manga". Just that. And asked you to stop basing your comments from info from the anime because you might be disappointed by the manga some day, since it's already quite clear that they're following very different paths. I say that because, at first, I started reading the manga with the info from the first half of the anime that I had seen as the "base", and it was somehow disappointing at first. Then I noticed it was viceversa, so that's why I reread it completely twice to get the things straight, independently from the anime.

Now, if you people were not refering to that comment from the anime (That statement in particular is made in the anime at the 5th lab by Lust or Envy, IIRC), but instead deduced this yourselves from the manga, then I apologize. But I doubted it, because I've seen this particular one referenced in some other places already as a universal truth for the manga too, that's why I "jumped" this time.

Hope I made myself clear cuz I explain myself so poorly sad.gif
QUOTE (Guest @ Jul 13 2005, 01:58 AM)
QUOTE (Sensenic @ Jul 12 2005, 02:14 AM)

They can have Pride pop up among a bunch of new characters in the future, so keeping his identity still a secret is to let us keep speculating who he is when he might be slowly introduced later. Pride need not be someone we have already seen but might be someone else who we will see later appearing as a 'normal' person.

Hmm, that's an idea, could be.

But I think Pride is bound to appear "soon", since he appeared as a silhouette already. But I could be wrong, of course.
QUOTE (Senefen @ Jul 13 2005, 11:38 AM)
A giant transmutation circle huh. Wow didnt think of that O.o. Makes sense I guess. If pride is hundreds of years old they've been at this for a while. Xerxes to the east and Ishbal (south east?) were points. Amertris has been waring with everyone for centuries. Looks like the Ed-going-to-war fanfics mightnt be as far off as we thought. Father made Wrath to control the military and they're targeting their eternal enemy of Drachmasca (? something like that, I think Drachmasca is in FFXII actualy ^^) next. So Xerxes was full of alchemists, Ishbal was too, the north will be, that leaves us what? 2 points to the west which could have happened hundreds of years ago (was it 5 points? cant remember).

The 2 west points are in continuous conflict, as Ed pointed out in chapter 32 (continuous conflicts with the south and the west, specifically), so I guess they're doing the bloodshed still now, "as we speak" happy.gif. Only the Briggs mountains are difficulting the invasion of the North (the Drachma Empire, BTW, the Greek currency before the Euro wink.gif), Ed said.

As for the East, I disagree. I think it was not Xerxes, because, they said, Alchemy comes from there most probably, so that comes before. I rather think it was the Lior conflict, altogether with others in the area, and I think that's what Hughes discovered (the different conflicts drawing a pentagram) that got him killed.

PS: Yup, checked the Timeline and Xerxes was destroyed before Father created Pride, so I guess you could say the Xerxes stuff comes before.

And, yes, Ishval was in the southeast (or so I seem to recall they mentioned once).

EDIT:
QUOTE (Zink @ Jul 13 2005 @ 12:31 PM)
Marcoh assumed the Homonculi wanted to create the Philosopher's Stone using the huge transmutation circle, which would make sense in the anime, but not really in the manga. Why would they want to create the Philosopher's Stone? As we know, they have 6 of those right now. The only reason I could see why they would need another one, would be to recreate Lust. But Lust died not a long time ago, and the plan to recreate her wasn't centuries long... So what are the Homonculi making?

Well, actually Marcoh said they're planning to do a "giant" stone. Also, Envy said he came pretty close (not that he got it). What are they up to? That, we do not know yet. happy.gif
MSqre
...aaaaa... is my eyes deceiving me? The last page of chapter 49 about the preview of chapter 50 says that the next chapter will be out on the 21st of July... that's not only BEFORE the movie but it's too early and that's the first time two chapters came out in a month... Hmm, this is too good to be true. Can anyone check my eyesight please?
Saturn Stars
i think that's refering to the game right?
lialiakicks
Yeah, they're talking about the FMA3 game. Sorry dude.

FMA MANGA SPOILERS

Anyways, is anyone here Catholic? I heard that the Homoculi die according to the descriptions in the Catholic Bible. Envy is supposed to be frozen and Gluttony dies of frogs and maggots (or something like that). Uh, anyone know what I'm talking about...? O_<
Shinsei Kage
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Jul 13 2005, 07:19 PM)
Yeah, they're talking about the FMA3 game. Sorry dude.

FMA MANGA SPOILERS

Anyways, is anyone here Catholic? I heard that the Homoculi die according to the descriptions in the Catholic Bible. Envy is supposed to be frozen and Gluttony dies of frogs and maggots (or something like that). Uh, anyone know what I'm talking about...? O_<
[snapback]212704[/snapback]

I'm Catholic, but unfortunately I have no clue what you're talking about. =/ Sounds interesting, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.