Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Am Appalled.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Metal and Mad
Please view these comments:

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/gallery...651&mode=search

You people are really, really, REALLY mean.

How uncalled for was that unconstructive 'criticism'? I've seen much much worse on the site, and I presumed, foolishly, that at least a little friendliness might show its face to a new artist.

I am appalled.
xrninja
i'm pretty appalled as well. i don't know exactly, but i think you have to register separately for the gallery, so those probably aren't forum users (have you seen some of the comments by gallery posters on ed pictures? they're mostly insane, foaming pre-teen fangirls). i can guarantee that the picture would have been much better received if posted here.
hagane_no_tokage
i agree, don't pay any attention to the spectacular examples of pre-teen immaturity shown in the gallery. it's pathetic.
Blackwings
some people are like that ignore them if it isnt any proper critisism that will help this is why i hate kids -_o
Quistis88
Immaturity. One more reason why I never visit the gallery. mellow.gif
foolmetal alchemist
The gallery was the first thing I saw on this site. It almost convinced me not to join the forums. Thank god the forums aren't full of rabid ed fangirls like the gallery. Although, we do have a fair share of them.
animejunkie429800
when i read the comments, it was crazy. it almost made me NOT to join... but i did anyway.
Radical Alchemist
Same here.. i almost didn't join.
phoenix dying
But people are all entitled to their opinion *< don't kill me for saying this* It may of been a little harsh, but there are people in this world who are like this..deal with it
FMAlover^
The face of Ed does look a bit weird,fingers a bit too slim ,eyes umm...weird but overall not bad.Al is not bad.I think its the eyes spoiling the picture.Its not bad,really!
foolmetal alchemist
No one is arguing about whether it's good or not, we're just saying it wasn't right for those people to say it sucked without even giving a reason.
Elderberry
Eheh...I never really went through the Gallery at all...happy.gif

I think it's not bad for a first attempt at all...Aru turned out nicely with that slightly rough/sketchy feel, and Ed's pants are shaded pretty well. Ed's face is a little bit distorted, though. happy.gif;
Reika
"the drawing SUCKS AHAHAHAHA"

What kind of comment is that??? What kind of person stops in a topic to say something like that when they probably aren't able to do any better? sleep.gif Don't take it seriously. I like the drawing, specially the shadows, both are quite proportional, and the idea of the drawing itself is good, besides, the alchemy signal is quite a nice touch! I encourage you to continue drawing! ^^

Some tips I hope can help you to improve: When making the eyes there must be in the middle of them another eye's length space so the eyes don't seem too joined, and the arms+hands reach at the middle of the tighs. That's the theory!! Now practice! tongue.gif XD Keep it up!

---------EDIT---------

But people are all entitled to their opinion *< don't kill me for saying this* It may of been a little harsh, but there are people in this world who are like this..deal with it

You don't have to be mean to be sincere or entitled to your opinion, besides, i know people that like to be mean to other people just because they find it amusing....
Dai
that's not even a commentary, just a destructive way to hurt tou ¬¬ just ignore them
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Reika @ Jun 29 2005, 10:39 AM)

You don't have to be mean to be sincere or entitled to your opinion, besides, i know people that like to be mean to other people just because they find it amusing....
[snapback]202037[/snapback]

Really its how i am.

But back on topic, the ed's eyes; i agree throw the picture off.
Wow. I'm impressed.

I'm not a manga artist - I'm a cartoonist, which is why Ed's style is a bit weird in the picture. Indeed, to echo what's been said, the argument isn't about how well it's drawn. I know it's hardly perfect (it's a first attempt, and I've never drawn animé style before, and I can't render, and generally I'm just a bit rubbish biggrin.gif), but thanks very much for the constructive criticism! It's taken on board.

I shall remember to post here in the future. Although everyone here is much much better than me, which is a bit intimidating biggrin.gif
Metal and Mad
Whoops. Yeah, that was me, sorry wink.gif
Phyco girl
Great work, especially on Al.

Ed looks good, he's in proportion just maybe work on the face a little. The eyes are a little too close together but that's okay happy.gif I'm sure you'll improve in time! Ed's hands also look a little odd but I'm sure that can be fixed too. Keep drawing!

As for those idiots in the gallery... ignore them. Though I DID see some of the nice people from the forums there happy.gif
Morgri
I've always laughed at the rabid Ed fangirls, I always think the comments are funny. As far as the comments on the picture... you'll get that anywhere; don't get mad cause it's just bound to happen anyway.

As far as the drawing, it's better than I could do if I where coming up with something outa my head, but as constuctive criticism allows:

The proportions are a bit messed up, and well some other details on the face aren't exactly as they should be, but other than that it's pretty good. I think Al looks great (way better than I could anyway biggrin.gif).

-Morgri.
Tobu Ishi
Gallery =/= Forums

If you want a chance of reasonable critique on a picture of Edward Elric, come to the Forums. If you want comments along the lines of "AHAHAHAHA I WIL MARI EDO-KUN ADN HAV HIS BEBBEEZ *LOLOLZ* WINLY SUX SHE HAS HED LIYSE UNDR HER HANKY!!!1" go to the Gallery.

That is all. happy.gif
foolmetal alchemist
I love your explanation Tobu! laugh.gif But that is seriously true. Only a small fraction of the fangirls on the gallery make it into the forums.
Metal and Mad
I wonder why...?
foolmetal alchemist
They probably have the intellectual level of three-year-olds and can't express full thoughts, thus don't feel that they should show off their stupidity in a forum. happy.gif

Edit* I had to post there because those user's comments are reeaally pissing me off.
Luckyalchemy27
*fumes for a while* You know, it's comments like that that really piss me off! That's just great! I'm having a bad day now. I'm gonna go off to my corner and sulk. The idiots who posted those comments can just go and f*** off for all I care. *stomps off*
Metal and Mad
Well, my fears regarding the civility of the FMA fanbase have been duly allayed. I shall take no notice of gallery comments from this moment onwards wink.gif

Working on a new one now. It's slightly more conventioinal in terms of style, so maybe won't upset them all so much tongue.gif
AlchemistCookie
Maybe I should post some fanart and see how all those rabid fangirls react.

"zED IS NOT A WOMAN, YOU SLUT!!!!!11!!" (I drew a cross-dresser Ed once for some reason) That is the number one reason why I hate the gallery.

Oh yes and: The eyes need somework on, the hand also needs some work on, everything else is fine. happy.gif
TSilver Fox
Personally I skipped reading the rest of the comments after the first few because they where highly uncalled for. Ermmm till I glanced over a few of the nicer ones.
I would have been one of the first to borrow Roy's gloves and send those fangirls a few sparks happy.gif ah, but seems they've all run away already dry.gif Tisk..

Well, that said, Sorry I didn't reply earlier.. I don't visit the fanart section very often (which is strange, I really Should.. huh.gif ..Maybe it'll inspire me to post some of my own fma fan art here.
........................................................*thinks of scary people*.. or.. not.
Anyway! I did leave a comment there. And I agree all those comments where
a bunch of rash brats. I hope to stick around and see more of your artwork. The shading and rendering there was awesome, I'm still working on having the patience to do all that work myself!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.