Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pokémon
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
fullmetalalchemistchick
Pokémon (ポケモン Pokemon?, English pronunciation: /ˈpoʊkeɪmɑːn/, POH-kay-mahn) original run April 1, 1997 – ongoing.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters
List of anime series

Plot Summary: A young boy named Ash Ketchum embarks on a journey to become a "Pokemon Master" with his first Pokemon, Pikachu. Joining him on his travels are Brock, a girl-obsessed Rock Pokemon Trainer, and Misty, a tomboyish Water Pokemon Trainer who may have a crush on him. Ash and Co. end up traveling through various regions, including Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto, and then enter the Pokemon League competitions there. Along the way, they run into many confrontations with Jessie, James, and Meowth, a trio of Pokemon thieves who are apart of an evil organization called "Team Rocket". But everytime Team Rocket try to do their evil deeds, they fail thanks to Ash and his Pokemon.

Genres: adventure, comedy, tournament
Themes: monsters
Episodes: 276 - ongoing
Age Rating: Universal
(Source - ANN)

-------

I lOVE POKE'MON!!! I love it alot!!! i like FMA and inuyasha yeah but Poke'mon was my first anime since 2nd grade so i've liked it for 6-7 years! lol laugh.gif so how do you guys like it and wich season do you like 1-2-3-4...and wich movie 1-2-3-4-5-6...and wich pokemon do you like in each season the origanal like pikachu, the next one with cyndiquil, totadile, and chikorita, and the next season like treeko, torchic, mudkip...go ahead answer laugh.gif

<attachment removed>

sorry that pic. of INU is so cute i couldn't resist lol

Elderberry
Hehe, Pokemon was my first "anime" as well...although I'd rather not have anything to do with the dub now, the original Japanese version is great. tongue.gif

Oh, and please don't double post...happy.gif||
MasterKris
Pokémon is my first anime too! I just don't like it anymore cause it has gotton boring, and did ya know? Other countries already ended Pokémon(yes, every season) four years ago. But I do like the Pokémon Special manga! I really want to buy it~
fullmetalalchemistchick
QUOTE(fullmetalalchemistchick @ Jun 19 2005, 12:17 PM)
sorry that pic. of INU is so cute i couldn't resist lol
[snapback]195259[/snapback]

double post? blink.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(fullmetalalchemistchick @ Jun 19 2005, 03:20 PM)
double post? blink.gif
[snapback]195341[/snapback]

yep, double-posting is forbidden, as well as attaching random pictures to your post that have nothing to do with the subject of your post.

i recommend you and all new members read this guide before making any more posts/threads: Beginner's Guide to Forum Decorum

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 20 2005, 09:52 PM)
RULES AND RECOMMENDATIONS YOU SHOULD FOLLOW:

- Double-posting is a taboo.  Double-posting is when you post twice consecutively; triple-posting is when you post thrice consecutively, so on and so forth.  Please refrain from doing so.  Do not talk to yourself in the same thread, because it will only make you look stupid.  There is an EDIT button near the bottom right-hand corner of each and every post you make.  Also, we are aware that occasionally, the system may automatically make a double-post.  If that happens, please edit one of the two posts and replace the content with "Delete Me!" or something similar, so a passing mod will know that the extra post was not intentional.

- The attachment feature is not to be abused.  If you have a picture you want after every post, please put it in your signature.  Otherwise, if the picture/file you are attaching has absolutely NOTHING to do with your post content, then please do not attach it, or a moderator who happens to pass by your post will have the right to remove it.
[snapback]93019[/snapback]

anyway, i've been watching Pokemon on TV since i was in 6th grade...i admit the dub is terrible, but i have a soft squishy place in my heart for it just because it's Pokemon. tongue.gif though i'm 18 now, i still get up every saturday morning to watch it on the WB at 9:00. biggrin.gif i'm not quite sure what i'll do when i have to go to college in a few months...

i don't really like the 3 starter pokemon in Pokemon Advanced, though. none of them look particularly cool when they evolve....i like all of the three original starters, though, and cyndaquil for the Johto arc. as for the evolved starters, i like charmeleon and quilava. smile.gif

@ MasterKris: isn't the series still going on in Japan, though? i don't think Pokemon's ended yet.
FMA JPD
(sigh) Alas pokemon to was my first anime(when I was in first grade) but it got old after 6 years, but sometimes I yern for the good old day's of playing pokemon GBA games
~FMAgurl~
I think it was my first anime...unless Sailor Moon came out first. Can't remember blink.gif. Anyway, I stopped watching it after a while. There were way too many pokemon to keep up with. I only remember the originals. wacko.gif Oh, and I watched the very 1st 3 episodes a couple weeks ago.
animejunkie429800
man... that was like, what, um. 7 years ago??? blink.gif crazy. well, i do what ninja does too happy.gif cool.gif
MasterKris
@ MasterKris: isn't the series still going on in Japan, though? i don't think Pokemon's ended yet

Ah! But it is! My friend in Korea told me about it.
Lord Odenetheus
I liked pokemon alot, though Sailor Moon was my first anime. It was the first anime ever aired in Sweden.
WhiteMike
Man o' man, that brings me back... That was my first anime too. I love the games (still do). Im seriously considering picking up emerald, but we'll see...
Scar-San
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jun 20 2005, 01:46 AM)
Pokémon is my first anime too! I just don't like it anymore cause it has gotton boring, and did ya know? Other countries already ended Pokémon(yes, every season) four years ago. But I do like the Pokémon Special manga! I really want to buy it~
[snapback]195316[/snapback]

yes my country already ended it many times ago ( i'm from Turkey)
CodeAlchemist
heh.. Pokemon... that was my first anime as well.. but it's a bit too childish for my liking nowdays.
fullmetalalchemistchick
WOW blink.gif I didn't think so many people would respond to this so... much... blink.gif well some of you say some things i have no idea what your talkin about so tell me what station its on? like chobits where the heck do you watch that
Gato Gurl914
meh i like playing the games still, but the anime is a bit too juvinile for me.
animefangirl
i love the games but the show is never gonna end !
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I used to love Pokemon, it was the wierdest show ever. Think about it. You have to go out into the woods and hunt down these strange, little creatures, then you have one of your own strange, little creatures beat said creature up. Then, you suck strange, little creature into your pokeball and brainwash it so that it comes out thinking it's your friend and will beat up other strange little creatures for your amusement.

I think it's the show that helped me get back into anime.
Quistis88
I liked the games more than I ever liked the anime. I've only really seen the English dubs, and those ones weren't too bad. The voices changed slightly over time though.

I do like the concept, which is why I can never hate Pokémon completely. biggrin.gif
andres higuera
Pokemob is boring because
1.owned by 4kids
2.no blood
3.i'ts getting old (it's been around for 7 years)
4.boring
5.no violence
6.no action
Gato Gurl914
this is a good point. if we could get some undoctored uncut stuff it would be awesome.
andres higuera
Yeah,maybe if it was uncut it would have blood
and would not be so much for kids maybe
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jun 22 2005, 02:39 PM)
I liked the games more than I ever liked the anime. 

I never played the games. I never got to see Pokemon subbed and uncut but I've seen some screen shots of stuff that was edited out of the episodes shown on tv. Maybe someday I'll track down those episodes, then again probably not far too much anime I haven't seen.
fullmetalalchemistchick
QUOTE(andres higuera @ Jun 22 2005, 02:39 PM)
I don't despise pokemon  or anything but it's kinda a boring show
1.owned by 4kids
2.no blood
4.boring
5.no violence
6.no action
7.no death
8.those little monsters look deformed and mixed up
Sorry if it hurts any of you,I am NOT making fun of it
but it pains me seeing it owned by 4kids
you should notice you are watching a KIDS show
I am not critizizing you but i'ts true
It pains me to say that I apologize
Pokemon is history since it is old and it stinks i hate 4kids
4kids SUCK
[snapback]197377[/snapback]

ok dude you keep saying i'm not making fun but this and this sux oh and it pains me shit and oh i'm not critisizing but its not that i dont like it but that there is nothing good in it. dude if you dont like it just say so damn what is your prob. gory bastard its a show for kids there not gunna have death sorry that you enjoy people dieing and bloody scenes but man shit get over it. dry.gif
POTOPHREAK
I used to like pokemon VERY very much (especially Pikachu hehe, I am a girl). It was like *counts* 3 or 4 years ago?? I am still reading the manga, but I am not really interested in the newer anime seasons. Death? Violence? Blood? Your kidding me eh? Pokemon just isn't for this kind of audience. sleep.gif
Jen_Elric
It was my first anime I got a little addicted to. But I don't watch anymore. I like the old episodes. I have to agree though, it seems too much like a kids show. I'm not bashing it, it's my opinion. So don't get mad at me, Fullmetalalchemistchick, like you did with Andres! Jeez, all he/she did was give their opinion! 4kids does suck, anyway. Look at what happened with One Piece!! Why does Luffy sound like an 8 yr. old!!
Sorry, that was kinda offtopic.
Anyways, I still own a small stuffed Pikachu. I LOVED Pikachu!! happy.gif
Lyndsie_Elric
Heh... My first anime too... ^.^; I feel sorta stupid now for liking it. Ever since I got into the more mature animes I just stopped liking it. I bet that happened to just about everyone here. ^.^;
Ronaldo Rodregez
Pokemon in the first season was good. The first games were good. Then it got repetitive. And it never stopped.

Then you get your clones. I got sick of it fast.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Jun 23 2005, 08:36 AM)
Pokemon in the first season was good. The first games were good. Then it got repetitive. And it never stopped.

Then you get your clones. I got sick of it fast.
[snapback]197793[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said, the first season was the best.
Koneko_chan
The manga has violence and blood.

but just a little.

I got over all that stuff, but a couple years ago, I was a total fanatic.
Kasumi
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jun 20 2005, 04:22 PM)
@ MasterKris: isn't the series still going on in Japan, though? i don't think Pokemon's ended yet

Ah! But it is! My friend in Korea told me about it.
[snapback]196035[/snapback]

Pokemon has ended, but Pokemon: Advanced Generation is still running in Japan. wink.gif So technically, no, Pokemon the anime hasn't ended yet.
Gato Gurl914
laugh.gif i still have a ratty old pikachu doll
~FMAgurl~
I lost my Pikachu doll. I was so sad sad.gif.
Elderberry
Hehe, I never had a Pikachu doll. (Although I remember wanting one in elementary school...laugh.gif)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I still have a bunch of my pokemon stuff. I have surfing pikachu on my desk at work.
mongooseboi
pokemon will never die. my aim icon remains a pikachu, and i plan to keep it that way :]
Jen_Elric
I guess even though most of us have stopped watching the show (and maybe don't watch the movies anymore), Pokemon will stay with us forever. Whether it's keeping old stuffed Pokemon characters or playing the vidoe games, we keep it alive that way.
Hope that made sense...happy.gif;
fullmetalalchemistchick
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Jun 26 2005, 03:24 PM)
I guess even though most of us have stopped watching the show (and maybe don't watch the movies anymore), Pokemon will stay with us forever.  Whether it's keeping old stuffed Pokemon characters or playing the vidoe games, we keep it alive that way.
[snapback]200144[/snapback]

definatley and thats exactly how i feel too biggrin.gif
Alphonse Alchemist
I like poke'mon still. I had this huge Pikachu doll from my grandma for Christmas but then sadly I also got a puppy the next Christmas after and the puppy found Pikachu and it was a massacre... >_<
Ed's_Girl
POKEMON FOREVER!!!!! (ed vs pokemon) that aint hard! Sorry ed wins that one!
Kasumi
I agree with Jen Elric. Not to mention, Pokemon (Pikachu in particular) has become a character like Mickey Mouse. They'll never be forgotten.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Jun 26 2005, 06:24 PM)
I guess even though most of us have stopped watching the show (and maybe don't watch the movies anymore), Pokemon will stay with us forever.  Whether it's keeping old stuffed Pokemon characters or playing the vidoe games, we keep it alive that way.
[snapback]200144[/snapback]

You know, I slowly stopped watching the show, but I stopped altogether when Misty left. I mostly only watched it to see if Misty and Ash would ever tell their feelings for each other anyway laugh.gif I still need to see Pokemon 5 though...6 and the future ones can die. The first 3 were good, 4 kinda sucked but I hear 5 wasn't bad.
T_M_C
well it wasnt my first anime expirence Dragon Ball Z actually was but Pokemon is a good relife from all the shows like Gantz and Naruto (the uncut stuff not this americanized anime crap)
CursedAnubis
Just for future refrence, the character é is produced by pressing alt + 130 on your keypad. Pokémon was my first anime also. Too bad it kept going and going and going... I got bored =(
andres higuera
QUOTE(fullmetalalchemistchick @ Jun 22 2005, 09:22 PM)
1.owned by 4kids
2.no blood
4.boring
5.no violence
6.no action
7.no death
4kids SUCK

ok dude you keep saying i'm not making fun but this and this sux oh and it pains me shit and oh i'm not critisizing but its not that i dont like it but that there is nothing good in it. dude if you dont like it just say so damn what is your prob. gory bastard its a show for kids there not gunna have death sorry that you enjoy people dieing and bloody scenes but man shit get over it. dry.gif
[snapback]197568[/snapback]

I am NOT a bastard and i am not mentally disabled
my post posts are screwed up so try not hating me
so much! ohmy.gif
I will say it here and now that I hate pokemom
RocketJess
Pokémon is cool. happy.gif Been a fan since it started, before it got huge.

Team Rocket are awesome. happy.gif *points to username*

The anime is good, though it's getting a bit too drawn out now... and I keep forgetting to watch it. happy.gif;

I like the games too - GSC was the best of them, in my opinion. RSE changed a few things and I didn't like it as much... too complicated...
Kasumi
I keep forgetting to watch Pokemon AG as well. The Kanto series and Orange League series were great, it was Johto that caused it's downfall.

And yes, I agree, TR is cool, no matter what other people may say. happy.gif
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(andres higuera @ Jul 1 2005, 01:06 AM)
QUOTE(fullmetalalchemistchick @ Jun 22 2005, 09:22 PM)
1.owned by 4kids
2.no blood
4.boring
5.no violence
6.no action
7.no death
4kids SUCK

[snapback]197568[/snapback]

I am NOT a bastard and i am not mentally disabled
my post posts are screwed up so try not hating me
so much! ohmy.gif
I will say it here and now that I hate pokemom
[snapback]203247[/snapback]

Did you even read the topic title? Anyway, I still wish that I had followed the series because it's bugging me that I don't know what's happening!
Acura
I dont think anyones hate pokemom when they were a kid but it was one of the first animes I ever saw
inuyasha and pokemon rules
I like pokemon ever more than i liked it when i was 9 years old and i'd say pokemon 2000 the movie,pokemon 4ever,pokemon HEROS,pokemon 3,Mew vs.MEWTWO,MEWTWO Strikes back.One more thing Misty need to come back and stay with the gang and ask someone else to take care of the Cerulean city GYM 4 her and why couldn't Daisy,Violet or Lilly stay and take care of the GYM,They're is a NEW season of pokemon coming and it will tell why misty went to cerulean gym and why brock left all of his pokemon in pewter city(pokemon CHRONICLES)it will only be showing in UK and if anyone like in the United Kingdom and sees it in september can you pleaz tell me what happened why misty had to leave and brock left his pokemon at home.I'll really like it.As Gary would say SMELL YA LATER. tongue.gif
Kasumi
It was explained in the Pocket Monster Special (that used to air every Thursday in Japan) about Misty's life as a Gym Leader and Brock's return to his hometown. (and they've turned these specials in Pokemon Chronicles in US) I don't think it's all that good of an idea, considering the Specials were supposed to fit in with the Hoenn series, but putting into a season totally on its own, it'd feel like they're not related at all.

And the reason Misty had to leave was explained in ep. 275...
[SPOILER]Misty's sisters won an around-the-world trip lottery at the supermarket. Thus, they need someone to look after the gym, and who better than their little sister, Misty?

Of course, around-the-world trips don't last forever, and her sisters return at some point. However, Misty aspires to be the world's greatest Water Pokemon master, so she wants to become stronger by battling more trainers the the Cerulean gym leader. (another reason is because she doens't trust to leave the gym in her sisters' hands, as explained when Misty visits Ash some time later) tongue.gif [/SPOILER]

As for Brock...
[SPOILER] His oldest little brother is turning 10, and the gym duties will be passed on to him. His brother, having no confidence of being able to run the gym properly (as we all know their parents aren't the most reliable people in the world), Brock gives him all his pokemon except Forrestress. (his brother doesn't have his own pokemon) [/SPOILER]

So yeah, the episode about Brock is full of plot holes, but it's one way the producers could get rid of Brock's pokemon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.