Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Anime Made You Cry?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Slashrose1010
Has there ever been an anime that made you cry? Have you had to grab a few extra tissues for the last ep?

I actually was pretty darn said when Julia and Spike died in BeBop. Wolve's Rain was a pretty all around sad series too.

Hagaren made me almost tear up a few times... but made me laugh when some suffered =3

GetBackers made me almost tear up too in a few scenes XD I know, not really a sad anime, but I can't help it >3
~Pride~
Wolf Rain too..Im not sure what made me but Im sure I did I think when the guy with the scar died unsure.gif im not 100% sure though.
Elderberry
Hm...I don't usually cry a lot, but think I can name a few...rolleyes.gif

- Hagaren- Episode 51 is the only episode that actually made me cry or tear up (mostly the second half where 'Brothers' starts playing again). Well...then again, I cry every time I watch that episode...laugh.gif;;

- Rurouni Kenshin OAV: Tsuiokihen- I remember crying a few times when I watched this several years ago.

- D.N.Angel- Episode 24, with the conclusion of the 'Toki no Byoushin' storyline struck me as being really sad for some reason...
~FMAgurl~
Full Metal Alchemist- episode 25 and 51

Wolf's Rain- [spoiler]When Toboe died[/spoiler]

Edit:i Also cried the first time I saw episode 7 of FMA.
Zarpia
Some of them made me cry, but not a lot, just a tear or 2....

-Inuyasha - When Kagome saw Inuyasha and Kikio's kissed (lol, but it was sad to me)
-Inuyasha - In the 3rd movie when they communicate trough the tree, is really a pretty scene.
-Wolf's Rain - At the end when (white wolf, don't remember the name) dies.
-Escaflowne - When Hitomy and Van say godbye to each other
-and others...
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Aside from Fullmetal Alchemist, which made me cry on more than one occasion, there where a few other anime episodes that brought tears to my eyes, mainly:

Voices of a Distant Star: I don't cry often, but this short anime movie made me cry for an hour. I'm really not sure why, but I found something about this odd but beautifuly done movie extreamly touching...

Cowboy Bebop: Spike's death struck me as extremly sad.

Rurouni Kenshin/samari X: Reflections: The ending broke my heart. How could they end the series like that...

I know there are probably more, but this is all that is currently coming to mind.
edsgirl
Umm no! I don't think an anime has ever made me cry. I guess I'm just a cold hearted B****!
Otoki Tomoe
FMA made me cry lots of times, particularly episode 25. Both my brother and I went through nearly a whole box of Kleenex. And yeah, hearing "Brothers" play in the last episode makes me cry too.

Also, the movie Grave of the Fireflies (Hayao Miyazaki) totally made me burst into tears. What a powerful movie.
Quistis88
FMA episode 25, Fruits Basket episode 15, Grave of the Fireflies, and various episodes of this remake of Candy Candy that they had back in Hong Kong when I was a young'un.
Zarpia
You mean this Candy Candy

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/zarpia/candy.jpg[/img]

coz if it is then i did too, i love Candy Candy is the first anime i ever watch (and i didn't know it was anime back then), i didn't like the end tought, but i saw it comming, i used to have a cruch on Terence or Terry...
FMAlover^
The last episode of FMA makes with cry non-sstop for around 30 minutes.Luckily no one saw me... FMA is the one and only anime that I watched almost all the episodes!
Lord Odenetheus
Gravitation episode 13... I don't know why, I cried when Shuichi began to sing.

The FMA episode where Ricky and Leo found out about their mother.

I cried when Lucciola went to the Maestro.

I cried in episode 21 of Mai-HiME, as well as episode 15.

I tend to cry quite easily... at least where the emotional types with cute faces die.

*Cries*
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
to me, the only anime that made me cry

Naruto- Gaara's life story, Kakashi's life story and Naruto's life story (i really didnt cry, but ABOUT to)
Karo
I think I cried on the last 2 episodes of FMA. Yeah that's it. heh. I think I did on Inuyasha too, but I don't remember.
Luckyalchemy27
I'm always crying during FMA. I cried during episodes 7 and 25, and if it ends how I think it will, I am going to be crying during the last 5 episodes.
~Pride~
So alot of you say "FMA ep. 25" What happened on that ep.? blink.gif
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ Jun 17 2005, 10:27 AM)
I'm always crying during FMA. I cried during episodes 7 and 25

Ohhhh, I can't believe I forgot about episode 7! I totally cried during that one, too.
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ Jun 17 2005, 11:00 AM)
[snapback]193901[/snapback]

[spoiler]Hughes dies in Episode 25... it affected my brother and I a LOT because my brother is also in the military and he lost some of his close friends in Iraq.[/spoiler]
Kihaku
Hmmm.. FMA ep 25 didn't make me cry.. but I was close.. anyway I watched it with my brother and for some reason I never cry then. XD
Hmm.. have to think
Naruto ep 19 All that between Haku and Zabusa.. *sniff*
Naruto ep 51.. I think.. anyway the whole thing about Gaara and Lee, mostly Lee...
Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters ep 183... if I remember right. The final events of the Doom saga
Full Moon wo Sagashite pretty many eps here and there [spoiler] what come to mind are the eps with Keiichi at Mitsuki's parents grave.. the death of that old man, the realisation fo Eichi's death (although I knew that)[/spoiler]... and the last ep too, which was mostly touching instead of sad...
Ai no Kusabi [spoiler] when Katze started crying
after everything that had happened[/spoiler]
Prétear ep 13 [spoiler] when Sasame died[/spoiler]
Gankutsuou ep 18 [spoiler]the whole thing about Franz's death.. [/spoiler]
Tactics ep 25 [spoiler] Suzu's death and how her spirit stayed and couldn't move on before Haruka and Kantarou repaired their relationship [/spoiler]
Pokémon [spoiler] when Charizard left... I was pretty close to tears when Butterfry left too[/spoiler]
Still embarrassed about that.. tongue.gif
Oh and to mention manga.. the ending of Videogirl Ai made my cry
Hmm... can't remember any more at the moment wink.gif.
FMA JPD
Ya ep. 25didn't make me cry, but close. It was so sad"Mommy why are they burying daddy''
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Quite a few moments in FMA made me tear up which is rare for me because usually during movies and anime I'm a cold hearted bi%&h, nothing can make me cry.

Oh except for Samurai X trust and betrayal. What happens toward the end of that made me cry.
animefangirl
fma eposode 25 and 17

the first sailer moon movie somewere in the middle of it i started crying hystericly

fruits basket eposode 29

and most hayeo miyazaki films
MasterKris
Fruits Basket-almost everything...Momiji's story, Hatori's story, Yuki's story, Hanajima's story...

Full Metal Alchemist-I cried to death in episode 25.....................WHY OH WHY??!!
Toby-Chan
Heck, FMA reduced me to a pile of sniveling goo nearly every other episode. Those S.O.B's at bones can really screw with your emotions...

It's definitely my number one crying anime ^.

Aside from that, Grave of the Fireflies; not the first time, but maybe the third time I watched it.

Fruits Basket constantly makes me sniffle in happiness and in the angsty sadness of it all. Momiji and Tohru's scene together at Tohru's work really gets me everytime.
Kyou Tohru and Yuki on the roof for New Year's sunrise = T3h happy moment of d00m!!!

I may or may not have cried a bit for the end of Utena, and... I'm pretty sure Haibane Renmei drew some light sniffling.
Luckyalchemy27
My friend says:

Descendents of Darkness

I don't know why, never seen it, but she says it's sad. Must go watch it.
Digitalgirl
Ep.25 of FMA made me cry. Then when I watched it in english I almost cried again.
Cowboy Bebop: The part when Spike died was just......;_;
[and a naruto manga ch. that I can't remember the # of made me cry. When Naruto said he thought of Sasuke as a brother]
mongooseboi
last ep of chrno crusade. sadest thing. EVER
Nination
Ep 25 FMA did it for me
Season2 Digimon when Ken had to face himself
CowBoy Bebob when Spike died
When I found out Gundam Wing was over =(
When I find out animes are over =( =( =(
There aren't really that many for me.

QUOTE(~Pride~ @ Jun 17 2005, 11:00 AM)
[snapback]193901[/snapback]

*SPOILER*
### That's when my boy Huges dies ###
~Pride~
Well now I remember ep. 25* I was celebratings his death I hatedc him hes to crazy over Alicia blink.gif Then taking the form of his wife then killings him was classic I loved it!! laugh.gif cant wait until this happens:
Elderberry
QUOTE(Pride-mono)
...And you claimed that you saw all 51 episodes...dry.gif
~Pride~
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Jun 17 2005, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE(Pride-mono)
...And you claimed that you saw all 51 episodes...dry.gif
[snapback]194118[/snapback]

I have a horrible memory ElderBerry thank you!!
To prove it Envy is ltn.Ross and Hughes notices he forgot the mole under eye.And before he kills him he turns into His wife!!
Metallic Angel Alchemist
QUOTE(~.:Anime_Gal:.~ @ Jun 17 2005, 10:11 AM)
to me, the only anime that made me cry

Naruto- Gaara's life story, Kakashi's life story and Naruto's life story (i really didnt cry, but ABOUT to)
[snapback]193819[/snapback]

yay, I wasn't the only one to cry at those. I cried when gaara's caretaker said his mother never loved him, and he was a curse, and she hated him. That was so mean. Who would tell that to a little kid. I also cried at sauke's story when he asked his father does if his brothers didn't like him, and his brother kept making him relive that horrible night.

In FMA I cried at episodes 3,7,25, and 51. They were all so sad especially episode 3 "Mother" Ed, and Al were so happy, then they found their mommy dead.
Luckyalchemy27
Well now I remember ep. 25* I was celebratings his death I hatedc him hes to crazy over Alicia blink.gif   Then taking the form of his wife then killings him was classic I loved it!!  laugh.gif

*gets all teary* You are so CRUEL!! *runs away crying*
Carnal Malefactor
Elfen Lied made me bawl like a little girl a few times.
I had to choke back tears when [spoiler]Hughes died in FMA and Misato in Evangelion.[/spoiler]
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Jun 17 2005, 11:31 PM)
Elfen Lied made me bawl like a little girl a few times.

I only got a little teary in the last episode before the timed detonation.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 17 2005, 12:58 PM)
Quite a few moments in FMA made me tear up which is rare for me because usually during movies and anime I'm a cold hearted bi%&h, nothing can make me cry.

Oh except for Samurai X trust and betrayal. What happens toward the end of that made me cry.
[snapback]193971[/snapback]

I am also cold hearted I can't think of one time I cried. I've never cried during an anime or a movie it's just not my style. '__' Though the stuff that happened was sad except I didn't cry. huh.gif

EDIT:

have a horrible memory ElderBerry thank you!!
To prove it Envy is ltn.Ross and Hughes notices he forgot the mole under eye.And before he kills him he turns into His wife!!

Horrible memory? Che.. it should be basic knowledge of when that happened or at least why everybody is so shocked.
Ronaldo Rodregez
End of Cowboy Bebop.

[spoiler]Hughes dying in FMA.[/spoiler]
Celestial Shadow
FMA, Chrno Crusade, 1,000 other animes...

I'm generally cold-hearted in real life matters, but when it comes to anime and video games, I cry fairly easily. (Yeah I know, I'm weird)
Dreakon
Didn't cry, but wanted to when...

[spoiler]
Wolfwood died near the end of Trigun
[/spoiler]

I also wanted to during episode 7 and 25 of FMA. But never did.

Guess it was more shock, then sadness...
Aoko-chan
In episode 25 of FMA (and almost on episode 51)
heavensangel
the last few episodes of gundam seed made me cry

a few others probably have as well but I can't think of any at this moment
Shiho
Gensomaden Saiyuki, when

[spoiler]When Nataku closed his mind from the world, making him a soul-less doll for eternity.(poor boy, just because he didn't want to kill his own friend.Poignant. sad.gif [/spoiler]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Dreakon @ Jun 18 2005, 07:29 PM)
Didn't cry, but wanted to when...

[spoiler]
Wolfwood died near the end of Trigun
[/spoiler]

That's right I forgot all about that. I did get teary eyed when that happened. He was my favorite character. sad.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Nevermind! The day I post on this thread, I cry during an anime. How ironic. blink.gif Even though I hate Sasuke, I cried when he told his lifestory, even though I already knew and him and naruto's friendship.
edsgirl
Man this is making me feel very cold. It must be nice to have some sort of emotional feeling.
@Cafe: That was pretty sad, but it makes you see why Saskue is the way he is.
@Envy: That was sad too, but I really didn't mind tongue.gif

I guess I can say that FMA almost made me cry, but I didn't in the end.
Kihaku
QUOTE(FMA JPD @ Jun 17 2005, 11:51 AM)
Ya ep. 25didn't make me cry, but close. It was so sad"Mommy why are they burying daddy''
[snapback]193967[/snapback]

Oh yes.. that part! I was on the verge of tears then.. It was just.. so *sniff*

QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ Jun 17 2005, 02:14 PM)
My friend says:

Descendents of Darkness

I don't know why, never seen it, but she says it's sad. Must go watch it.
[snapback]194064[/snapback]

Hmm.. the ending is very touching wink.gif. But I was more happy than sad actually wink.gif.
Anyway Yami no Matsuei is a great series so I recommend it smile.gif.

Oh Fruits Basket.. I forgot.. The anime didn't make me cry though.. but while reading the manga I cried at Momiji's and Kyo's stories...
Jen_Elric
I cried when:
Kagome realized she loved Inuyasha (don't know why, I just did!)
FMA epi. 25 (and almost cried during episodes 3, 7, and 17, but didn't)
in Wolf's Rain...
[SPOILER]
Toboe died. I bawled!
[/SPOILER]
ending of Cowboy Bebop (I got very teary eyed)
Ending of Fruits Basket ( the anime)

For some reason, even though there are very sad parts in the Fruits Basket manga, I don't cry! I just get very sad. But when Hana-chan cried in the anime, boy, I sobbed! T_T
MasterKris
Some scenes in Detective Conan.
Celestial Shadow
Lemme add Gungrave to my list...I cried when Brandon told Maria basically, that he didn't love her (of course he lied to protect her) and when he died, and when Big Daddy came to see Brandon after he was reanimated...Yeah so I was crying for like 5 episodes straight. Stupid show dry.gif
edsgirl
That was sad CF, but I knew it was going to happen, so it softened the blow. That entire show is a train wreck! You know what's going to happen from the very beginning, but you just can't stop watching it! blink.gif
Celestial Shadow
I knew he was going to die from the beginning, but it was still sad sad.gif

Yeah, the whole show is tragic, but I don't wanna stop watching it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.