Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Anime Made You Cry?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Kyros
QUOTE(Black Hyoto @ Sep 28 2005, 08:18 PM) [snapback]293939[/snapback]

[font=Palatino Linotype]Episodes 25 and 51 of FMA and also the episode of Trigun when Wolfwood died speaking of that. before he died did Milly do more than sleep over?[color=#666666]

...mark teh spoilers...and Milly, prolly...

I found the ending to bible black sad sad.gif

I wanna see grave of the fireflies too cuz I heard that is was sad but good.
ScaR
well. How could you NOT shed ONE tear in ep25!! I almost never cry but I think I cried a little when I saw that ep!

And when I watch GTO - Live ACtion I sometimes cry tongue.gif
Jellybean
This thread inspired me to watch Grave of the Fireflies for the first time and I cried my eyes out. Seriously, I was a blubbering mess. That is one sad movie. sad.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Okay, so it was an anime movie, but heck...

Escaflowne's ending nearly made me cry, because it was so sweet and sad.

Tsubasa can sometimes get kinda sad too, at times...
Kyros
QUOTE(ScaR @ Oct 4 2005, 06:40 PM) [snapback]296045[/snapback]

well. How could you NOT shed ONE tear in ep25!! I almost never cry but I think I cried a little when I saw that ep!

Does your favorite character(s) die in just about everything? Mine do, which is why #25 didn't really bother me as much even though I didn't like it. Here are just a few examples of when my favorite character(s) die to give you a hint of how used to it I am:

Blue Gender - I think like my top 5-8 favorites died
Harry Potter - I think it was book 5 pg807
Gundam Wing - one favorites died in last battle vs Wufei (not saying who cuz of spoiler)
Trigun - favorite 2 badguys and one confuzzled good/bad guy
Cowboy Bebop - finalle nuff said
E's Otherwise - she was killed in like episode 4-5 *tear*
Argentosoma - try episode 3 I think it is...starting series with ubersadness

There's a few. You want more? I will tell you later if you need further explanation. In conclusion, a favorite character dying to me is expected.
ScaR
QUOTE(Kyros @ Oct 5 2005, 04:16 PM) [snapback]296306[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScaR @ Oct 4 2005, 06:40 PM) [snapback]296045[/snapback]

Does your favorite character(s) die in just about everything? Mine do, which is why #25 didn't really bother me as much even though I didn't like it.

No, not my favorite, but one of the coolest character! laugh.gif
Automne
I think FMA is the only anime that made me cry though maybe it's not really that:

Ep. 25: The first time I saw it. I already know what was gonna happen. I cried, yes, but let's say I 'forced' myself to cry (Yes you can tell I'm a masochist. I won't blame you... Maybe.) because I suddenly though of plenty of non FMA sad things.

Ep. 7: I certainly shed a tear here but nothing more.

Ep. 51: My heart ached for Envy, Wrath and The Elric brothers.
~FMAgurl~
I don't know why, but I cried at the very very end of episode 17 of Samurai Champloo. After the credits, when YOU ~Himawari~ by kazami was playing, it said "Umeko Ando, may her soul rest in peace".
harmony_kh_kairi
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 5 2005, 01:38 PM) [snapback]296344[/snapback]

I think FMA is the only anime that made me cry though maybe it's not really that:

Ep. 25: The first time I saw it. I already know what was gonna happen. I cried, yes, but let's say I 'forced' myself to cry (Yes you can tell I'm a masochist. I won't blame you... Maybe.) because I suddenly though of plenty of non FMA sad things.

Ep. 7: I certainly shed a tear here but nothing more.

Ep. 51: My heart ached for Envy, Wrath and The Elric brothers.

I say whoever don't cry during those episodes has got a heart of steal cause they're just plain sad.

I'm a bit of an emotional person and I cry at almost anything that is overly sad. I know for a fact Tsubasa Chronicles makes me sad, Wolf's Rain made me cry so hard it wasn't funny, Trigun is really sad towards the end (and even when some of the minor characters die if they were good), the last few Harry Potter books have made me cry as well as The His Dark Materials series, and on and on. I think I could go on all day about the animes, mangas, movies and books that have made me cry.

Edit: Oh and I can't forget LOTR even though I've read that book over 100 times I still cry at all the sad parts which is like half the book practically cause there's happy parts that make me cry too.
TheVileOne
I got SERIOUSLY teary during the last stand of the Tachikomas in episode 25 of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

I don't know what it is. But their tenacity, and when Batou's tachikoma prays to God for strength, and that they never gave up just to save Batou. It just made me emotional. A lot of Ghost In The Shell seems to be about expressing our humanity...and these tanks, these weapons, were just trying to express theirs.
animefreak_zzz
the one anime episode that was really saddening was the last episode of chrno crusade...
enuff said...dun wanna spoil it for ani one...i was sad over it for 1 whole day...
that was long enough..haha laugh.gif
Jonouchi
Negima ..episode 23 at the end of the episode...it made me cry.
Matt Perry
Ehh, Some episodes of Inuyasha can be truly touching. 17 minutes into MSN episode 2 or 4. That made me cry by laughing.
Full Metal Elf
Hmmm...since FMA is the only anime show i've watched so far...well, I "cried" (I don't usually openly cry with films...but I feel it if you know what I mean happy.gif) during several episodes. The one with Nina, the last 2 for sure. sad.gif

I also saw Spirited Away...that was amazing! I was sad during that film too sad.gif.
emtee
I cried a couple times from FMA so far, especially ep 25 of course, but usually strange little things can jerk a tear or two from me - like Ross saving Ed when he was basically blowing up in the red water and he thought she was his mom. That was great, especially since everyone always says he has no right to childhood since he joined the military.

But Wolf's Rain was the one that really made me bawl my eyes out:
[spoiler]I saw the four wolves in the book of red moon and then after Toboe died I thought, well we know what four make it...then they ALL DIED! I so didn't see it coming. That little chat Tsume had with Toboe, that was a serious tearjerker.[/spoiler]
Hopeless13
I'm not a crier bt Grave of the Fire Flies was an acception, along with episode 25 Farewell Ceremony of FMA, Cowboy Bebop, and episode 35 The Metting of the Fallen another episode of FMA.
I learned how to "Brothers"on the key board too.
Guest_Vicious_*
I'M i the only one who drop a tear at evangelion?
fma ep 25 was sad...
But i think the bebop end touched me the most.
ELRC
[font=System] im 19 years old and watching the episode of full metal alchemist when nina gets transformed into a chimera, and hearing her i guess cry and attempt to make sounds even that hurting her, i started crying, my sister came down and laughed at me, but still its really really sad, especially when scar i kills her
Haru-San
i cried about that too
also the end of Wolf's Rain made me cry
and of course episode 25 of FMA made me bawl
ELRC
i may feel a bit new at this, but which episode was episode 25, everyone has mentioned it so i just thought id see which one it was
VeRi
For FMA end of episode 25 and [spoiler] when ed transmuted sloth/their mother into a different material and at the end she says to clean up[/spoiler]

and 2nd half of haibane renmei
nakagos bunny
I've cried during Fushigi Yuugi, I can't watch Nakago's death scene without crying. Other tear-jerking moments for me are Hotohori's death, Suboshi's death, Chiriko's death and Nuriko's death.
Alice of the Knives
I cried in Last Exile... then I cried when Maes died... thenI cried in wolf's rain, but i don't think I cried anywhere else.. Oh, andon the Lion's King when Mufasa died, even though that isn't anime... I couldn't finish the end of book 4 in FMA. At least I didn't try to read it in school. Thank goodness.
Kitty Alchemist
I cry when hughes die on fullmetal alchemist, and ep 6 on gravtation
MasterKris
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!
The anime, Air, made me cry!! It's so sad!! sad.gif
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! IT MADE ME CRY ON EVERY EPISODE OF THE HALF SEASON!
Chiyo-chan
FMA... sad... WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END IN SUCH A SAD WAY!?!TTToTTT
:sniff: thank god for d movie and the ova! altho d movie ended kinda sad too-.- stilll... i wish d show could hav been longer, so sadTTTToTTTT
MeLRizA
FMA... the part where Roy attended hughes' funeral... when he cried... that was damn sad... i cried when i read the comic... sad.gif
the ending of FMA is damn sad also... esp to see Roy got badly injured... i almost thought he died... fortunately he didn't... ehehez..
the way nina died is also really sad, her life ended cruelly lolx...
ice_cobalt
I cried while watching Rurouni Kenshin OVA Seisouhen and Tsukoihen. The story before and after Kenshin's cross-shaped scar was a terk-jerker.
shinjikun
Grave of the Fireflies. That one put a hole in my heart. sad.gif
katfire
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jun 16 2005, 09:27 PM) [snapback]193671[/snapback]

Has there ever been an anime that made you cry? Have you had to grab a few extra tissues for the last ep?

I actually was pretty darn said when Julia and Spike died in BeBop. Wolve's Rain was a pretty all around sad series too.

Hagaren made me almost tear up a few times... but made me laugh when some suffered =3

GetBackers made me almost tear up too in a few scenes XD I know, not really a sad anime, but I can't help it >3

Spike died in BeBop I more then one time.
FullmetalPikachu
FMA episode 50 and 51
sweety_pie
FMA made me cry when i saw the fate of Nina. poor lillte girl..she was so cute.
Popogeejo
Gunsinger girl was sad. Didn't make me cry but it came close.
Very good watch.
Migchao
Fullmetal Alchemist. I cry so much sometimes.
Kitty Alchemist
Fullmetal alchemist. There was a lot of sad moments.
Fullmini Alchemist
I have never cried during a show before but the last episode of Chrno Crusade almost made me cry same as the last episode of FMA.
envy15
God I cried like hell in FMA and Wolf's Rain.
Galorfilinde
Fullmetal Alchemist made me cry several times. Episodes 7, 25, 50 and 51. I cry very easily tongue.gif

the last episode of Scrapped Princess also made me cry, but it was a lot less than FMA.
Ice Blizzard
Naruto made me sad, close to crying , but didn't
sweety_pie
The animes' that make me cry are:
-FMA
-One Piece
-Zatch Bell
-Eureka Seven
-Naruto
-Cowboy Bebop
-Trigun
-Pokemon
yoko0217
QUOTE(Galorfilinde @ May 25 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]400906[/snapback]

Fullmetal Alchemist made me cry several times. Episodes 7, 25, 50 and 51. I cry very easily tongue.gif

the last episode of Scrapped Princess also made me cry, but it was a lot less than FMA.

I almost cried while I was watching B'tX ep 10.

I almost cried in FMA 50.

Well...animes don't make cry a lot tongue.gif

Only movies can (not anime movie...Like I said)
*~vachi~*
Here itīs my list:

-FMA

-Rurouni Kenshin...so sad...damn it...

-Fruits Basket...Momiji...;_;

Currently, only those...how dissapointing I thought the list was bigger...hopefully it will grow...meaning, I will watch more anime soon! *dances*

Pride-kun
I'm going to have to watch and/or finish watching soem of these animes you guys have mentioned =0

For me...FMA nearly makes me cry in some episodes. And after watching Maes Hughes tributes all morning one morning I began to tear up.

And Chr(o)no Crusade did too. The third last episode and the last one actually did make me cry. The ending theme for the last episode of it nearly made me cry. And a whoel bunch of scenes throughout the series made me feel dredfully sad =(

Edit: Actually...it really depends on if I'm moody or not. The first tiem I watched the Nina episode of FMA I was sad but that's it. I wasn't moody. The second time I was moody, and I almost felt like crying. -.-;;
la-alkimista
laugh.gif full metal alchemist episode 1,2,3,4,5,6........51 jajaj XD blink.gif

IPB Image

PUKE
Fullmetal alchemist, Digimon, and Pokemon.
sweety_pie
Lots of anime make me cry. And I'm not afraid to admitt it (even though my friends laugh at me about it.)I've already listed the ones that do.
Silver Wolf

A lot of anime make me cried. These are the one I remember right now:

FMA
Wolf's Rain
Fruits Basket
Vampire Alchemist
FMA eps 25 and 51
Chrono Crusade eps. 22 and 24
Jaganshi
Alright guys, get ready for a long list

The final 2 episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex
The ending of Wolf's Rain
Season 2 of Trigun, episode 23. (....Wolfwood! sad.gif )
Final episode of Loveless
Final few episodes of Elfen Lied
Final episode of Cowboy Bebop
Fight between Renji and Ichigo in Bleach
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayl
Samurai X: Reflections
Episode 5 of Oh my Goddess
Episode 25, Fullmetal Alchemist

Mmmkay, I think I'll stop now. I'm very sensitive to anime. sad.gif
psychohippie
i cried during the last two episodes of Fruits Basket sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.