Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tringhams Brothers Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Eyeball08
Why dont russel and... uh... the other younger one get enough credit?

I think that The younger ones plant-alchemy ability was great!

<Edited the thread title from "The Tringhams fans, Why don't they get enough recognition?" to "Tringham Brothers Fans!!, Thread for fans to talk about Tringham brothers!!" 02/23/07 03/07/07~Tombow>
Elderberry
The younger brother's name is Fletcher. happy.gif

I think they're decent characters (Fletcher is adorable~!), but seeing as they only appear for a very limited number of episodes and you never recieve a huge amount of information about their past, most of us latch on to more prominent characters like Ed and Lust. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
.__. Yes, Lusto is the greatest. I think Russel is a pretty cool character for only being in about 4 or 5 eps. I found it very comical [spoiler]when he stupidly tried to pass off as Fullmetal again and was thrown in jail.[/spoiler] laugh.gif
Elderberry
@Slash-san: Ohh, that was funny! laugh.gif

[spoiler]And poor Fletcher was waiting innocently outside, when all of a sudden, all these armed men file into the bookstore very swiftly. XD[/spoiler]
Luckyalchemy27
FLETCHER IS FRICKIN' ADORABLE!!!!!!
Merc
[spoiler] It was funny until they were very nearly executed for it. Lucky for us 2nd Lt. Maria Ross and Sgt. Brosh were there to save the day. W00t! Poor Brosh, he should really get more screen time. He's hilarious. [/spoiler]

~Merc
I_Love_Alphonse
I love the tlingum brothers!
I adore Fletcher! he is so cute and *caugh* hot *caugh*
I also like Russell. he is cool...but if I say anymore...I will be mocked by everyone I know.
Anywho, the two tlingum brothers are some of my favorite characters.
Elderberry
Hehe, there was actually a small fanbase for the Tringham brothers a long while back. I suppose that should be reformed. happy.gif

They actually have a very important role in the series, depsite being largely minor characters.
Celestial Shadow
They were really cool for minor characters and I really loved them both...Especially that hot older brother wub.gif
POTOPHREAK
I read the novel no.1 (it's in Chinese cos I live in Hong Kong, I think the English name should be like, Gravel Earth?). Fletcher is a really good child and I like him very much, and he's so adorable in the anime. As for Russel, well, he's an OKAY character, but I don't like him that much. Afterall, he made the stupid village people upset Ed and Al.
silver bg
Fletcher is so cool
Electrastar
I thought Fletcher was a little stuck up when we meet the two brothers the first time. But when they make a short cameo in the much later episodes, he improved a bit showing concern for Edward's safety. It's also cool to see another pair of brothers that are also very close to one another.
I_Love_Alphonse
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Jun 11 2005, 05:31 PM)
They were really cool for minor characters and I really loved them both...Especially that hot older brother wub.gif
[snapback]189987[/snapback]

Finally! I am not the only one who thinks Russell is hot! Fletcher is hotter though.
The two brothers rock. They are some of my favorite characters.
foolmetal alchemist
Fletcher sort of reminds me of Naruto. tongue.gif Also, Russel has the same voice as Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho.
FM.Alchemist
I WUB RUSSELL!!!!!!!! Almost as much, and maybe even more than, Ed!!!!! They should definitely get more recognition!!!! I read the original novel #1 too..... it was great!!!! happy.gif But the Tringums should have been in more episodes. sleep.gif
Mikage_Elric
Russel and fletcher are the cutest brothers ever. next to the Elric Brothers

'm a russel fan girl
Full Metal Elf
The Trighams rock!! I was happy to see them again at the end...happy.gif.

And Russell is hot....Fletcher is just too cute..lol..smile.gif
Popogeejo
Russ is fugin' hardcore.Just look how he shrugged off Ed.True he was using a Red stone but he certinly had Ed beat in hand to hand combat.

Then ofcourse he laid the verbal smack down on Ed aswell.
Ed:Thats not how you beg.On your knees......I said get DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!
Russ:Why,so we can see eye to eye?2ou must be used to people looking down on you by now.

Russel:2 Ed:1
FMA4ever
Russel is really cool! Ed's jealous of his height! happy.gif And then Fletchers just cute!

There should be a poll on this. Which Tringham brother do you like more? biggrin.gif
DantElric
Russel is funny
Fletcher is adorable. smile.gif

poor poor Fletcher always gets caught up in Russel's 'bright' ideas...

but they're both okay. i like them both

laugh.gif
Miyuki-chan
Fletcher is very adorable and cute he looks like Al a lot!
Wrath V
Russel and Fletcher are amazing, I must mention that Russel is much taller than Ed, still he is younger... poor Ed that doesn't like milk... rolleyes.gif
Edamame
Although the Tringum brothers are only minor characters, I thought that they added to the overall plot. I felt rather bad for Russel who was compelled to follow in the foot-steps of his father even though he was harming the towns-people with his research. Then there was poor Fletcher who was dragged into the whole mess by his older brother. Russel and Edward's rivarly was rather amusing and Fletcher reminded me a great deal of Al in his loyalty to his older brother.
Fina
Gotta agree with you there, Eyeball. x3
Russell and Fletcher have got to be the best FMA characters. Heck, I even named my corn-snake after Fletcher.
Edamame, Russ and Fletcher are supposed to remind you of Ed and Al. ; ) Its the whole purpose of their character.
N. Havoc J.
Because they suck. They were one shot characters who were only supposed to show up for a couple of episode and then they get there roles blown out of proportion because that damn director couldn't come up with something to move the story along.
Chiyo
QUOTE(N. Havoc J. @ Aug 18 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]434275[/snapback]

Because they suck. They were one shot characters who were only supposed to show up for a couple of episode and then they get there roles blown out of proportion because that damn director couldn't come up with something to move the story along.

Don't tell me, you could have done better? Oh, and the word is 'their'.

For unkown reasons, in my fics I put Rose with Russel, but they were never big enough characters for anyone to get too hooked on.
Fina
We all have our oppinions, I suppose, Havoc. However, just because they're minor characters doesn't mean they suck. Someone could love a minor character like Cornello or Mugear... Heck, for all you know, someone's favorite character could be Armstrong's father. It honestly doesn't matter how minor the character is.

Ack. You're all spelling Russell wrong, or most of you. If you look up the name on a baby names website or really, anywhere else its Russell with two L's. Also, if you've read stuff on Russ Tringham, then you'd know it was spelled that way. xP
nataliel
I like this brothers very much!
Russell even more (he`s one of my favourite characters!
(somehow he reminds me Peter from Narnia (outfit, face, hair...)

This is interesting, how Ed and Al are similar to Russell and Fletcher:
Older brothers are somewhere hot heads, somewhere careless (Russell seems to me more interesting character then Ed dry.gif ).
Younger brothers are more reasonable, more polite (not surprising, they became friends so quickly).

Now, let me think who might be nice gilrfriends for them...
RussellxWinry... eee.. FletcherxNina or Elysia, (this might be cute! smile.gif )... RussellxKlose.. no... RussellxSchezka laugh.gif ...umm... Russellx...me! biggrin.gif
Amethyst Sunset
I think every character, no matter how minor, has a role in the plot, so the Tringhams do deserve some praise, and sometimes they provide a little comic relief by colliding with the Elrics - especially Ed and Russell.

Come ON, if you were short like a shrimpy pipsqueak, you'd get mad at someone who's younger AND taller than you, would you? wink.gif And that scene where Ed kicks Russell in the face is just too priceless.
nataliel
QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Sep 2 2006, 06:56 AM) [snapback]440378[/snapback]

Come ON, if you were short like a shrimpy pipsqueak, you'd get mad at someone who's younger AND taller than you, would you? wink.gif

There`re not lots of short people with a such sick amour propre! laugh.gif
(i`m personally rather short for my age, but i really like it! tongue.gif )
Nepharski
The Tringhams were relatively forgettable characters if you ask me, and that's all I really have to say on the subject.
Dark-Shadow
I like fletcher
Freya-chan
wow...this is old....
they never get any recognition probably cuz they re in all of 5 episodes and lin takes they're place in the manga
Sorry Russell sorry Fletcher!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.