Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167
Ailuro
Bacon angst...? ohmy.gif

I have never been called goth, even when I do wear a black shirt and black pants by coincidence, and I even have rather dark hair. Maybe it's because I always lack make-up or something to that effect. huh.gif
I feel like I'm rambling.
Quistis88
Good pictures, NinjaKasumi123. smile.gif

And this thread also makes me LOL a whole lot.

QUOTE(Void @ Jan 17 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]339619[/snapback]
Where's the rest of it?

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 17 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]339651[/snapback]
I know what gothic is. In fact, I was gothic for a brief period. I was a flying buttress. happy.gif

laugh.gif Cute.

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 17 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]339668[/snapback]
mellow.gif I'm not kidding.

laugh.gif Cute.

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 17 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]339715[/snapback]
Bacon angst...? ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

I've never been labelled as a goth either. I don't think there's really any goth in me, other than the fact that I do like clothing from the Victorian era. I get "band geek" way more than I get "goth". tongue.gif
Zarpia
NinjaKasumi123 - Cute pictures and you have a little cute dog too happy.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 17 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]339709[/snapback]

I was called a goth through most of high school.

I hated high school.

you should've dressed in brighter colors then.
zombie
NinjaKasumi123 Can you see?
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 18 2006, 12:10 AM) [snapback]339721[/snapback]

I've never been labelled as a goth either. I don't think there's really any goth in me, other than the fact that I do like clothing from the Victorian era. I get "band geek" way more than I get "goth". tongue.gif

I don't recall ever being assigned many labels. Maybe that, or I've just forcibly removed the thought at the sheer pointlessness and stupidity. sleep.gif I know my older sister did a lot of name-calling, but I don't thnk that counts as labeling; just stereotypical angry profanity. The people I know closely give me silly titles, mostly things like 'dork', 'fangirl', etcetera. Outside of that, I don't think I've ever recieved any major judgement from others, aside from '...you're amusing', or 'cute', or 'God, you're scary.

Um...

Artist. And Writer. Mostly when my mom introduces me to people. I don't care much for those labels. I just do mediocre art and writing for fun. Artist and Writer sound majorly pretentious... imo.

This is off topic.

To bring it on topic... sorta...

Here's what Toby can do with her pimp hat </Webcamwhore>
edsgirl
laugh.gif Toby, your just a weirdo! But the hat flip was pretty cool!
NinjaKasumi123
QUOTE(zombie @ Jan 18 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]339808[/snapback]

sad.gif nope...

====================

^^ thanks for your comments on my adorable baby shih tsu... XD esp me... lol

=D you people guessed it! ^^ truth is I'm a Punk Goth in real life
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jan 18 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]339667[/snapback]

QUOTE(arche @ Jan 17 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]339658[/snapback]

There's Goth and there's Popularized Goth.

Popularized Goth is like everything that is popularized, watered down to appeal to a larger group of people while still pretending to be a niche in itself.

Real Goth is actually not as pleasant to look at unless you understand or appreciate it. I don't have the interest in trying to fully appreciate true Goth and can only somewhat appreciate Popularized Goth, which shows how watered down popularized goth is tongue.gif

Ok, being at my advanced age compared to everyone else around here. This is what a goth is in the sense of culture, not arcitecture.

Goths were people who liked to dress up in victorian style clothes and listen to bands such as bauhaus. My friends who are old school goths like to dress beautifully, were attracted to the dark side of life without being whinny wankers and were intellegent people. I had almost forgotten what goths really looked like until I went to the club last monday and saw women dressed in these fabulolus victorian style dresses (black of course) and men with nice coats and trousers. Not quite actual victorian but a variation of.

Fastforward to the year 2004-6. Now, to be labled a goth all you need to do is wear black, whine alot about your parents and look depressed. A far cry from the goths I used to know. In fact, I was once labled as goth because I was wearing a black Ramones shirt and a black pair of pants. Back in the day no one in their right mind would have mistaken me for a goth.

And Arche is right, is has been watered down to be sold to the general public so they can be alternitive and undergroud in order to fit in with everyone else.

Haha, yeah, I hate how people have turned the word Goth into what it is today. Victorian clothes would be fun to wear. I don't think I would dress in the male attire though, the dresses have so much more detail and is more fun to play around with.

I tried making the point that what they think is goth to be inaccurate, but they are just... stupid and just brushed me off with sarcasm. Geez, if teens are going to categorize each other, do it right, damnit.

And, Toby, nice hat trick :3 It would have been better with a drunken lampshade, though tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I dunno Slash, I think you could rock the victorian look with the frilly shirts and dress coats. Not that far off from EGL really.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 17 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]339625[/snapback]

Take no offense from this, but you remind me of that girl from the manga "Wallflower". smile.gif
She does! ohmy.gif NinjaKasumi, you're pretty smile.gif

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jan 17 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]339667[/snapback]

Goths were people who liked to dress up in victorian style clothes and listen to bands such as bauhaus. My friends who are old school goths like to dress beautifully, were attracted to the dark side of life without being whinny wankers and were intellegent people. I had almost forgotten what goths really looked like until I went to the club last monday and saw women dressed in these fabulolus victorian style dresses (black of course) and men with nice coats and trousers. Not quite actual victorian but a variation of.
See, that's what I thought goths were like. It's sort of like how Evanscence lead singer Amy Lee dresses. More victorian and in sheer, lacy clothing. I've always thought it was beautiful and want more clothes like that. 'Course I don't wanna be considered goth really...

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 18 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]339861[/snapback]
laugh.gif That's awesome Toby! I want that hat sad.gif A friend of mine from MN says they sell them at Valley Fair...What were you saying in the clip? Toby, you know you're just adorable, weird and dorky all at the same time tongue.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 18 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]339861[/snapback]

I agree. Omg!11one! Talent! laugh.gif
You're.. so.. cute.
You really remind me of a friend I have who is exactly like you.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Celestial Shadow @ Jan 18 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]339970[/snapback]

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jan 17 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]339667[/snapback]

See, that's what I thought goths were like. It's sort of like how Evanscence lead singer Amy Lee dresses. More victorian and in sheer, lacy clothing. I've always thought it was beautiful and want more clothes like that. 'Course I don't wanna be considered goth really...

The wearing of victorian style clothes is more of a base. There's a darker feel/attitude that not necessarily angsty, but just plain dark side of life. This is really what makes someone Goth. Just dressing in Victorian clothing won't do it and is really only the equivalent of wearing a halloween costume all the time. Envy is also right about the intellectual side of at least old school Goth. They were the ones who typically would say things that got you thinking tongue.gif.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Celestial Shadow @ Jan 18 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]339970[/snapback]
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 18 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]339861[/snapback]
laugh.gif That's awesome Toby! I want that hat sad.gif A friend of mine from MN says they sell them at Valley Fair...What were you saying in the clip? Toby, you know you're just adorable, weird and dorky all at the same time tongue.gif

If it was at valley fair I probably would have paid 20 dollars more for it and it'd be 5 times shoddier.

I picked it up at Fashion Bug for $1.98. Clearance rocks my socks.

It wasn't me talking; that was Kate. I think she said "Do a victory pose". (I cut down the clip, since it shows me trying about ten times and failing.)

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 18 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]339983[/snapback]

I agree. Omg!11one! Talent! laugh.gif
You're.. so.. cute.
You really remind me of a friend I have who is exactly like you.

It is me... I ninja-dash all the way over to your town when everyone here isn't looking. ph34r.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(arche @ Jan 18 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]339989[/snapback]

The wearing of victorian style clothes is more of a base. There's a darker feel/attitude that not necessarily angsty, but just plain dark side of life. This is really what makes someone Goth. Just dressing in Victorian clothing won't do it and is really only the equivalent of wearing a halloween costume all the time. Envy is also right about the intellectual side of at least old school Goth. They were the ones who typically would say things that got you thinking tongue.gif.
That's basically like writers and philsophers now.

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 18 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]339997[/snapback]

If it was at valley fair I probably would have paid 20 dollars more for it and it'd be 5 times shoddier.

I picked it up at Fashion Bug for $1.98. Clearance rocks my socks.

It wasn't me talking; that was Kate. I think she said "Do a victory pose". (I cut down the clip, since it shows me trying about ten times and failing.)
Oh, you destroyed my dream sad.gif I thought you were perfect. Fashion Bug sells pimp hats? huh.gif laugh.gif
~FMAgurl~

That's was an awesome hat flip biggrin.gif I've tried doing that, but could never succeed or have enough patience to try it more than 3 or 4 times
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Celestial Shadow @ Jan 18 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]340001[/snapback]

Actually philosophers usually wear bow ties and 2nd hand tweed blazers.
Elderberry
*interrupts discussion of gothic subjects*

One of my fellow foilists brought her digital camera to a home meet two weeks ago or so, as did one of the freshmen scrubbies. Since I was pretty tired and must have looked like a complete mess, I made some effort to avoid both cameras....but apparently I somehow ended up on the edge of this particular shot, with my face color all drowned out.... :\

Semi-zombie-ish EKE

(@Slash-kun: That's Megan-san. >3)
Slashrose1010
Ahh, the quintessence of evil has a form ohmy.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt

Nice hat flip Toby, you're ready to run off and join the circus.

@EKE
BRAINS!!!! laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
This is Miyuki's version of 'playing dead' laugh.gif
Fayth Prophecy
QUOTE(NinjaKasumi123 @ Jan 18 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]339886[/snapback]

QUOTE(zombie @ Jan 18 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]339808[/snapback]

sad.gif nope...

Same here...sometimes. But you're still very pretty^^
animefreak_zzz
@void- that's a very convincing 'play dead' indeed..kinda scary..seeing ur own pets "die" dry.gif ..

haha laugh.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(arche @ Jan 18 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]340013[/snapback]

QUOTE(Celestial Shadow @ Jan 18 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]340001[/snapback]

Actually philosophers usually wear bow ties and 2nd hand tweed blazers.

laugh.gif I know but the description otherwise reminded me of them.

QUOTE(EKE-kun @ Jan 18 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]340077[/snapback]
Pretty scary blink.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 18 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]340096[/snapback]

This is Miyuki's version of 'playing dead' laugh.gif

Yay! A Miyuki picture! She's still as cute as ever. biggrin.gif
NinjaKasumi123
QUOTE(Winry Rockbell Elric @ Jan 18 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]340103[/snapback]

Same here...sometimes. But you're still very pretty^^

^^ thanks! ^___^
Fayth Prophecy
NinjaKasumi123: You're welcome^^
Blade Alchemist
Here's me but it's not very good. sleep.gif

Me and my sucky pic

I look way to serious, I took it through a mirror, and I was tired.
Carnal Malefactor
Add an afro, and you look like Screech from Saved By the Bell

ph34r t3h n4tur4l l1ght... and my giant Russian head!
Quistis88
Bacon, I honestly think that this is your best picture yet. smile.gif Very nice.
siner
i will put up my pic later cuz i am in school right now and if my brother lets me on the comp today
mei_tenshi
Bacon: I like the other one better. You know, the one where you had a chainsaw and a demonic glow around you. This one looks normal. mellow.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 24 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]342784[/snapback]

I agree with Quis, Very nice wink.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Shhhh...you'll make Kyros jealous. laugh.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 25 2006, 01:25 AM) [snapback]342784[/snapback]

ohmy.gif Hey, you're right!

QUOTE(Void @ Jan 25 2006, 01:25 AM) [snapback]342784[/snapback]

I dunno...Bacon actually looks kinda hot there unsure.gif I think it's his calm, intelligent look.
edsgirl
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Jan 25 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]342944[/snapback]

Bacon: I like the other one better. You know, the one where you had a chainsaw and a demonic glow around you. This one looks normal. mellow.gif

laugh.gif I liked that one too.

Bacon bits just looks too smexy! I think i'll add you to my list of the smexiest guys on the planet. biggrin.gif
Genesis_Alchemist
I actually do have a decent picture of myself, which is shocking really....Normally cameras and I have a rocky relationship, at best.

This is when I got my hair cut after Graduation last summer, and donated all of it to Locks of Love (the organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair through chemotherapy and such). So you can see me, the triumphant victor in the battle against my extremely curly hair. All for a good cause.

Hooray for pictures.

(And yes, it was a little windy that day, so my hair was blown into my face a bit.)
Celestial Shadow
Nice pic! Your hair looks like it'd be killer to deal with though tongue.gif
Genesis_Alchemist
Oh, trust me; it is.

It used to drive me absolutely insane. I had to beat it into submission every morning. (Wouldn't want it to start eating my friends or something, now would I?)

But now we've come to some sort of armistice. A mutual respect, of a kind....

(Basically, I discovered the many joys of hair gel. rolleyes.gif )
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Jan 25 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]343041[/snapback]

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Jan 25 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]342944[/snapback]

laugh.gif I liked that one too.

Bacon bits just looks too smexy! I think i'll add you to my list of the smexiest guys on the planet. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif I'd like to see the rest of this list!
edsgirl
It's you and a ton of Japanese actors. tongue.gif

Your so cute, Genesis! I wub.gif curly heads.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 25 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]343042[/snapback]

I actually do have a decent picture of myself, which is shocking really....Normally cameras and I have a rocky relationship, at best.

This is when I got my hair cut after Graduation last summer, and donated all of it to Locks of Love (the organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair through chemotherapy and such). So you can see me, the triumphant victor in the battle against my extremely curly hair. All for a good cause.

Hooray for pictures.

(And yes, it was a little windy that day, so my hair was blown into my face a bit.)

That's actually kinda what my hair looked like when I tried to grow it long... now you know why I look the way I do. laugh.gif
Quistis88
Excellent picture, Genesis. You are very pretty. smile.gif
Zarpia
Genesis_Alchemist - Cute picture, you have nice hair happy.gif
Genesis_Alchemist
Heh, thanks for the compliments, everyone.

You guys really know how to make people feel welcome and at home, and I really appreciate it.

biggrin.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 27 2006, 05:11 AM) [snapback]343734[/snapback]

You guys really know how to make people feel welcome and at home, and I really appreciate it.

biggrin.gif

You will like it here it's lovely biggrin.gif

You have very pretty hair...Like my mom's smile.gif
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 25 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]343042[/snapback]

Hooray for pictures.

Aw, the link doesn't work for me sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Genesis_Alchemist @ Jan 27 2006, 08:11 AM) [snapback]343734[/snapback]

biggrin.gif

Actually, we're all just guys trying to get laid. wink.gif tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 27 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]343862[/snapback]

Bacon thinks I'm a guy? sad.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 27 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]343881[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Jan 27 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]343862[/snapback]

Bacon thinks I'm a guy? sad.gif

WTF I know, I was just gonna say huh? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.