Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Mar 29 2005, 06:28 PM)
im vietnamese, and some of my friends are too. its kinda cool since we share the same last name. nguyen!
[snapback]142013[/snapback]

That's got to be THE most common Vietnamese surname. I know at least 15 Nguyens, and none of them are related.
mongooseboi
yea its weird. my friends aren't related to me either, but you know. maybe in some distant relation, we might ALL be related together :] :]
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Mar 29 2005, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Mar 29 2005, 06:28 PM)
im vietnamese, and some of my friends are too. its kinda cool since we share the same last name. nguyen!
[snapback]142013[/snapback]

That's got to be THE most common Vietnamese surname. I know at least 15 Nguyens, and none of them are related.
[snapback]142038[/snapback]

75% of the population (= Though Tran and Pham are popular.
Slashrose1010
Yay! I am a Tran tongue.gif and yes, I have like 50 family members with that last name XD My mother's maiden name is Nguyen. My dad is Tran ^^

Slash Tran tongue.gif
xrninja
if we're related by last name, i'm related to both son goku and sun tzu (of "art of war" fame). cool.gif
Carnal Malefactor
75%!? ohmy.gif blink.gif

Dating must be a bitch in that country...
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 29 2005, 08:03 PM)
75%!?  ohmy.gif  blink.gif

Dating must be a bitch in that country...
[snapback]142157[/snapback]

Well it's just a guess I mean probably almost every vietnamese person you meet last name is nguyen. A couple of Trans and Phams then their are the ones you never hear about like Dao.
Falling_Man
Hah, I know a Nyugen too.

@lizzyangel:Nice pics. You look pretty.
Carnal Malefactor
I used to have a boss named Kristen Nguyen... she was absolutely sizzling and dressed provocatively.

Needless to say, I didn't last long at that job... too difficult to concentrate. unsure.gif
xrninja
ah, i know a dao. mostly nguyen here though, with the occasional tran, pham, and van.

let's flip through last year's school directory and look for the chinese people....
10 Chan, 10 Chang, 16 Chen, 8 Cheng, 6 Hsu, 6 Huang, 21 Lee, 8 Liao, 16 Lin, 10 Liu, 13 Wang and 7 Wong. those are the most common, and there are a lot that are the same in chinese but they spell the english differently. so with our 49% asian population at school, someone's going to have the same last name.

hm, and last year we had 6 Nguyen, 2 Tran, 1 Van, and 1 Vu. this is fun. tongue.gif
mongooseboi
oddly enough i knew every since vietnamese person at our school. o btw you forgot the 1 Sun. :]
xrninja
actually, 2 Sun because i sit next to a Jason Sun in fifth period. tongue.gif
mongooseboi
o haha thats cool, so you aren't alone after all smile.gif
Electra
I'm a Bui. x3 Linda Ha Bui is my full name~ I know only know 2 vietnamese people in my school >.< And someone in the school has Bui as their last name too! o.o! I'm also half chinese~
mongooseboi
yea i have a friend that is half vietnamese, half chinese. oddly enough, she doesn't speak either of those languages.
Electra
I don't know chinese... Thank god both of my parents know vietnamese. I haven't been taught to read and write vietnamese... But I was able to read vietnamese. XD All I do is sound out the words @_@;
lizzyangel
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Mar 29 2005, 03:28 PM)
Now that you mention I think you look mixed. You're very pretty by the way.  smile.gif

thank you!^^

QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Mar 29 2005, 10:26 PM)
Hah, I know a Nyugen too.

@lizzyangel:Nice pics. You look pretty.

thankees!^^

QUOTE(xrninja @ Mar 29 2005, 10:34 PM)
ah, i know a dao. mostly nguyen here though, with the occasional tran, pham, and van.

let's flip through last year's school directory and look for the chinese people....
10 Chan, 10 Chang, 16 Chen, 8 Cheng, 6 Hsu, 6 Huang, 21 Lee, 8 Liao, 16 Lin, 10 Liu, 13 Wang and 7 Wong. those are the most common, and there are a lot that are the same in chinese but they spell the english differently. so with our 49% asian population at school, someone's going to have the same last name.

hm, and last year we had 6 Nguyen, 2 Tran, 1 Van, and 1 Vu. this is fun. tongue.gif

i hear there are alot of Kim's and Lee's in korea, if i took my mother's last name, i'd be Elizabeth Kim Kim. ha, thats kinda funny. laugh.gif
any way, i have always been the only asian in the area, and in the paper they printed out new statistics, in RI theres only 2.3% population of asians. and in the US there's only 3.6%. *sigh* being minority sucks.

ps- sorry im babbling. im very bored. sad.gif
alchemist x
What the hek?

Super post.
Come on, don't you know not to trip-post?

Well, anyway, DON'T
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Electra @ Mar 30 2005, 12:20 AM)
I'm a Bui. x3 Linda Ha Bui is my full name~ I know only know 2 vietnamese people in my school >.< And someone in the school has Bui as their last name too! o.o! I'm also half chinese~
[snapback]142545[/snapback]

I'm a bui smile.gif

Oh , don't triple post. IT IS TABOO!-- Lizzyangel
alchemist x
What is Bui exactly?
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Mar 30 2005, 03:08 PM)
What is Bui exactly?
[snapback]142898[/snapback]

It's a last name. Everybody in my class always manages to kill the name.
alchemist x
Oh, Wow.
Electra
-
Toby-Chan
This discussion makes me feel so boring being just plain white.

I'M POLISH, DANGITT! I have a heritage too!
xrninja
just plain white? aren't most caucasians a blend of every european race out there? laugh.gif last year in english we were bored and the people around me were naming off their ancestries...."oh, i'm 1/4 german, 1/8 french, 1/8 swiss, 3/16 bohemian...." and i was thinking, "ah, i think i'm 100% chinese." -__-
Toby-Chan
I guess that's true. But there's not anything very original about being a mutt. tongue.gif My dad's side of the family does a little bit of Polish/Czech cultural stuff around holidays, but that's about it. I do have a bunch of obscure nationalities, but that dosen't make me look any less white. Plain old skinny lil' pasty white girl who never tans. Yup, that's me. ^^
Carnal Malefactor
Wow... and I thought I was only one here like that...

But wait! I have the added bonus of being half-Ashkenazi, which makes my hair ungodly wavy and look like shit whenever it gets over an inch long.
Celestial Shadow
Half wha? blink.gif
mongooseboi
im azn but i have curly hair. its pretty weird. must be some weird genetic trait.
Electra
My hair's straight... Really straight and boring XD
Ailuro
Straight hair isn't boring. Think of all the different things you can do with straight hair that you can't do with curly hair. smile.gif
xrninja
i kind of wish mine was just straight. mine has a little bit too much body and....personality. i never let it down because when the hair hits my shoulders/hood, it ricochets and bounces off in all sorts of weird shapes and curves.

another straight hair benefit (for girls) against curly: you don't have to waste money soaking your hair with chemicals to straighten it. smile.gif
Alchemist_ed
why the hell bother showing yourselves on the internet its not like you are going to meet each other! ( well maybe in some cases) but anyway im not takin part in givin me pic
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
He's got a point, my hair is friggin curly man i got a fro almost lol
Electra
But I dunno what to do with straight hair. I remember when I always put it in a ponytail and people were like, "cut your hair or something! It always looks the same every single day! XD". So one day, I put it in a clip so when I leaned on my hair on the bus, it wouldn't get tangles, and people were saying, "Awwww! Your hair's pretty!"
Carnal Malefactor
definition of ashkenazi, for those who don't know
Elderberry
QUOTE(Electra-san)
But I dunno what to do with straight hair. I remember when I always put it in a ponytail and people were like, "cut your hair or something! It always looks the same every single day! XD". So one day, I put it in a clip so when I leaned on my hair on the bus, it wouldn't get tangles, and people were saying, "Awwww! Your hair's pretty!"
Me too! laugh.gif I always have my hair in a ponytail, and this trend has been going on since 6th grade...For Halloween I attempted to cosplay as Sloth, so I wore my hair down (it was pretty long at the time). Everyone was like, "I didn't realize your hair was so long!" or "Your hair's so pretty!" along with the usual "You should wear your hair down more often!!"

And about 50 people (mostly girls, actually happy.gif) tried to touch my hair. Riiiiiight. biggrin.gif||
alchemist x
QUOTE(Alchemist_ed @ Mar 31 2005, 09:31 AM)
why the hell bother showing yourselves on the internet its not like you are going to meet each other! ( well maybe in some cases) but anyway im not takin part in givin me pic
[snapback]143478[/snapback]

Well duh, to place a face with a personality.
If you don't wanna take part then, go the hell away.

Once again, DUH.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Mar 31 2005, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE(Electra-san)
Me too! laugh.gif I always have my hair in a ponytail, and this trend has been going on since 6th grade...For Halloween I attempted to cosplay as Sloth, so I wore my hair down (it was pretty long at the time). Everyone was like, "I didn't realize your hair was so long!" or "Your hair's so pretty!" along with the usual "You should wear your hair down more often!!"

And about 50 people (mostly girls, actually happy.gif) tried to touch my hair. Riiiiiight. biggrin.gif||
[snapback]143594[/snapback]

I switch , from letting my hair out and tying it. Though I think long hair is pretty , long hair is hard to take care of and comb, I would rather have hair above my shoulders and probably never have to comb it.

AE: Because some people would like to know who they are talking to.
alchemist x
I think my reason is better. HMPH

lol

IPB Image

Beck, It is horribible.
But it is my spring picture so I thought I might updade.

Side note: Smiling is just not me is it?

EDIT: Aww crapo,
Sorry for dub posting.
Sorry
Electra
People think I should let my hair down too... But it gets so annoying >.< I mean, it's 27 inches... -____-;;

Lol, when I was doing my work in Science class, my Science teacher was touching my hair o.O XDD
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Mar 31 2005, 02:35 PM)
IPB Image

Beck, It is horribible.
But it is my spring picture so I thought I might updade.

Side note: Smiling is just not me is it?

EDIT: Aww crapo,
Sorry for dub posting.
Sorry
[snapback]143685[/snapback]

one word to express: ohmy.gif you look different.
Slashrose1010
Didn't he have much lighter hair before? He is either lying or he fought the law, and the law won tongue.gif *listens to that song*
alchemist x
Aww common I have that picture of me professionally.
school pics. blak
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Mar 31 2005, 01:35 PM)
And about 50 people (mostly girls, actually happy.gif) tried to touch my hair.  Riiiiiight. biggrin.gif||

Wow. Just the other day, about 50 people, (Mostly girls) groped my legs, so I can, lyke, totally relate! (Well, it might have to do with the fact that I was wearing fuzzy velour pants that day... either that, or I'm just an irresistable lesbian magnet. cool.gif tongue.gif )

And as we're on the topic of hair; Fricking frustrating! My hair dislikes being curly, and also strongly dislikes being straight. I got a mini flattening iron, which is pretty much doing the trick for now, but I worry it might be scorching the living daylights out of my hair and all it's nutrients. Then again, it's pretty strong.

But yeah. Generally, when I wake up, I'm t3h madd afro queen. So while straightening steals a good 15 minutes from my life that could otherwise be spent in good old productive sleeping, it's quite a lifesaver.
Xithion
@alchemist x - mad.gif How dare you have hair that slightly resemles mine! I'LL KILL YOU! j/j Actually mines longer, black, and has alot of wave. Not curls just wavy.
alchemist x
Xith: So what you stupid little bastard my hair is tons better.
Accually my hair sucks monkey balls.

Xith: I am kidding about what I just said so don't hate me or I will shoot myself. lol
lizzyangel
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 31 2005, 07:15 PM)
And about 50 people (mostly girls, actually happy.gif) tried to touch my hair.  Riiiiiight. biggrin.gif||

Wow. Just the other day, about 50 people, (Mostly girls) groped my legs, so I can, lyke, totally relate! (Well, it might have to do with the fact that I was wearing fuzzy velour pants that day... either that, or I'm just an irresistable lesbian magnet. cool.gif tongue.gif )

[snapback]143764[/snapback]

yea, rolleyes.gif im one of those girls. im not lesbian.... ( unsure.gif well, not totaly) but i like to touch other girls... mad.gif like not in a perverted way.... i just feel so comforatable around my friends laugh.gif ...... we go around school alll day touching each other, and laughing, and alot of people assume we are lesbians just because.... welll, you know. dry.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Apr 1 2005, 05:48 AM)
Accually my hair sucks monkey balls.
[snapback]144268[/snapback]

sad.gif Ick!

IT DOSE NOT!

QUOTE(lizzyangel @ Apr 1 2005, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 31 2005, 07:15 PM)

[snapback]143764[/snapback]

yea, rolleyes.gif im one of those girls. im not lesbian.... ( unsure.gif well, not totaly) but i like to touch other girls... mad.gif like not in a perverted way.... i just feel so comforatable around my friends laugh.gif ...... we go around school alll day touching each other, and laughing, and alot of people assume we are lesbians just because.... welll, you know. dry.gif
[snapback]144298[/snapback]

Ah well, I guess loads of girls do it.....

I think... <__> I have confuzzled myself!!!
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(lizzyangel @ Apr 1 2005, 08:12 AM)
yea, rolleyes.gif  im one of those girls. im not lesbian.... ( unsure.gif well, not totaly) but i like to touch other girls...  mad.gif like not in a perverted way.... i just feel so comforatable around my friends laugh.gif ...... we go around school alll day touching each other, and laughing, and alot of people assume we are lesbians just because.... welll, you know. dry.gif
[snapback]144298[/snapback]

XD That's how I am. I hug everyone, hold hands with my friends, etc, whether they're male or female friends. I'll even kiss my friends on the cheek or hands once in a while. I'm just an openly affectionate person. It's odd. I wouldn't let a guy grope me, but I let my girl-friends do it all the time.

I'm fine with it. Until Kate and Shelby get abusive. tongue.gif They like to slap me on the butt, because I'm their cute lil' housewife. It's a longstanding joke, you see. >.> Could be interpreted the wrong way, but whatever. I'm an awesome housewife, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.