Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions For This Board/Forum
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Member Requests and Suggestions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
asunder
QUOTE(Lone Wolf @ Jun 5 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]406209[/snapback]

Yeah, I figured such... but maybe one of the mods might have some brilliant idea that will work... laugh.gif

here's that video fyi: http://www.penguinsstealmysanity.com/posting.html

we could ask if anyone wants to make an equivalent video for the fma forums~
Tombow
QUOTE(asu @ Jun 5 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]406220[/snapback]
QUOTE(Lone Wolf @ Jun 5 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]406209[/snapback]
Yeah, I figured such... but maybe one of the mods might have some brilliant idea that will work... laugh.gif
here's that video fyi: http://www.penguinsstealmysanity.com/posting.html[/url]
we could ask if anyone wants to make an equivalent video for the fma forums~

Yap, I remember one forum I run into long time ago (not anime/managa forum) that required new members to watch that video!! laugh.gif There, when you first becoming a member, you got directed to that video, and the new member got to watch it, and click on "yes I watched the video" before proceed further. biggrin.gif

Panther-San
A few suggestions of my own:

1) A new skin, or a choice between a few. I usually go on the computer as soon as I wake up in the morn', and the white buuuuuurns my eyes ohmy.gif

2) A Roleplaying section. I'm addicted to rping. *manical laughter*
sweety_pie
I have a few suggestions about new members.
-They shouldn't be able to post new threads, for a certain amount of time.
Like a week, or two.
Or until they make a certain amount of posts.

And also some people think that big siggies are okay, cause they find them in the gallery. So I think that big siggies shouldn't be allowed in the gallery, or at least in a different part.
Lysander
How would you suggest enforcing this?
- Making a quiz to test if a person has read the rules?

Actually, I think that's a great idea. One of the more experienced members could ask questions like: "What are Mods?" or "What's the code for this?" tongue.gif
Popogeejo
Wouldn't that be impractical. We're here for enjoyment, not to test n00bs.
Lysander
I guess, but it would help and for people who hate noobs, it could be.unsure.gif
Tombow
^^ Yeah, maybe not actually testing them, but it would be great if we can add one extra step in the new member application process, maybe right after the confirmation email, then directing the new member to Quistis-sama's Forum Rules/Guides page, and ask him/her to read and then click on "Yes I read the forum rules/guides" before enabling that member for posting in the forums, IMO. rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
Actually, I do believe that video is already linked in my guide(s). Which leads me to ask, have you really read it? rolleyes.gif
Tombow
^^ Yay, Quistis-sama is here!! (BTW, I think the link is not in all versions of Guide pages..^^)
Could you add one extra step/page in the new member process, where you ask them they read your guide??

(And, could you somehow make it so that unless they click on "Yes I read these pages" they can't start posting!! Yeah, that's it!! I like that!! biggrin.gif)
Quistis88
Unfortunately, I cannot do that. Only bryantq is capable of making that happen, I believe.
Tombow
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 14 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]446380[/snapback]
Unfortunately, I cannot do that. Only bryantq is capable of making that happen, I believe.
Booo... ok, then... ^^
Keoni
It's a very good idea, but I doubt if it would actually work. Wouldn't it be like the license agreement you find with new software. I can honestly say I hardly ever read any of them. I just scroll down (going: "blahblahblah" laugh.gif ) an click "I agree". I fear this would be just like that. sad.gif
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Paintchat perhaps? There are a lot of artists here anyway. Or would that eat up a lot of bandwidth?
Tombow
QUOTE (Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Sep 15 2006, 10:29 AM) *
Paintchat perhaps? There are a lot of artists here anyway. Or would that eat up a lot of bandwidth?

@Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - Yap, I noticed we have lots of artists on our board, and many are very talented, too!! Isn't it great!!?? smile.gif
But yeah, Paintchat could probably take up bandwidth.. I guess?? And, I think the last time the board created a "regular" chat after repeated requests here, nobody showed up!! laugh.gif

Stealth
So is there actually a chat room here?
asunder
QUOTE(The_Stealth_Alchemist @ Dec 10 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]483138[/snapback]

yes, there's a link to the IRC chat channel on my signature.
Tombow
QUOTE(asunder @ Dec 11 2006, 12:15 AM) [snapback]483140[/snapback]
QUOTE(The_Stealth_Alchemist @ Dec 10 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]483138[/snapback]

yes, there's a link to the IRC chat channel on my signature.

@Asu-san - So, anyone on the board can join the chat there, assuming the tech stuff is done right, correct??
asunder
Yep Tombow! All are welcome. We're awaiting your arrival ;D
Tombow
^^ Thanks!! That's good to know! (I'm working on it...) happy.gif
Stealth
Well the link in your sig sound's good and all but i don't want to have to join up to another forum, it will be so much easier to have one here and but it is just so out of the way there.
Popogeejo
Click the "#circleoftyrants @ Rizon" bit to go to the thread explaining how you get into the chat room. You don't have to join another forum, you just have to DL and install a small, simple program.
Demon x
yeah, another suggestion why doesn't the members in last visitors in a members profile is placed in a neat way the information are all into each other and stuff, and text is over text, hasn't anybody noticed that.
Tombow
QUOTE(Demon x @ Dec 28 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]488828[/snapback]
yeah, another suggestion why doesn't the members in last visitors in a members profile is placed in a neat way the information are all into each other and stuff, and text is over text, hasn't anybody noticed that.

Tehehe, yap, I noticed that, too. Tho, I have no idea how to fix it, or if it's fixable on the board side, or if it's a software problem. tongue.gif
Demon x
yeah, well it's good to know it isn't something wrong with my connection or pc, thanks but I think it's better if it was fixed.
Tombow
QUOTE(Demon x @ Dec 28 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]488861[/snapback]
yeah, well it's good to know it isn't something wrong with my connection or pc, thanks but I think it's better if it was fixed.

I agree!! Hope they would eventually fix it!! smile.gif
bryantq
paintchat eh.. ill look into that if theres a demand wink.gif
Popogeejo
If possible could we have some alternate forum skins?
Also, could we have out blogs back please?
Vash_the_Gunslinger
^^^^^
Both of those would be helpful and gladly accepted.
bryantq
blogs require more money lol; the picturechat im looking into.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(bryantq @ Jan 5 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]491565[/snapback]
blogs require more money lol;

Well, then don't get that then. I understand completely.
Ailuro
QUOTE(bryantq @ Jan 5 2007, 03:27 AM) [snapback]491533[/snapback]
paintchat eh.. ill look into that if theres a demand wink.gif

Yes, yes! High demand! Very high! biggrin.gif
bryantq
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Jan 5 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]491679[/snapback]
QUOTE(bryantq @ Jan 5 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]491565[/snapback]
blogs require more money lol;

Well, then don't get that then. I understand completely.

Eventually, i will try to get them back up. Don't despair as the data is not lost.
Tombow
^^Thank you, Bryantq-sama!! biggrin.gif

Looks like this one is fixed!! (Wow, I'm impressed about that!! That was quick!! biggrin.gif )

Demon x
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 6 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]491886[/snapback]
^^Thank you, Bryantq-sama!! biggrin.gif

Looks like this one is fixed!! (Wow, I'm impressed about that!! That was quick!! biggrin.gif )

I am glad another suggestion:
could there a link for the forum rules and guide lines immediately after new members register?
it's better I believe if this has not been done yet.
Tombow
@Demon x - We've already suggested that one, multiple times actually, along with other "new member" suggestions, but as far as I know, those were not taken up, and never materialized. I guess something to do with some technical issues. tongue.gif
You know I was at another forum yesterday night and I found out they have an "auto-merger" for double posting. It automatically merges the second post with the previous post if it's both made by the same person. I accidentally made a double post there and was surprised to see my second post appear on the same post and has a "Reason for editing: Auto-merged to avoid double posts" tag.
asunder
QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Jan 23 2007, 08:10 AM) [snapback]496710[/snapback]
You know I was at another forum yesterday night and I found out they have an "auto-merger" for double posting. It automatically merges the second post with the previous post if it's both made by the same person. I accidentally made a double post there and was surprised to see my second post appear on the same post and has a "Reason for editing: Auto-merged to avoid double posts" tag.

there's already something like this already in place in this forum...
But it doesn't work. Try double posting and the second post you make doesn't automatically merge with your previous post.
asunder
post 1

post 2

post 3

seems to work fine...
the setting is for posts made within 5 minutes of each other...I guess i can expand it to 20 or so.
Ahh... I didn't know that there's a time frame between the creation time of the previous post and the new post.

EDIT: Oh. I tried double-posting and all I got is a flood control warning.

*Posted 1 minute after the previous post. Let's see if it's going to auto-merge.

EDIT2: Ahh. Ok. It works.
Tombow
@Asu-san - So, it's "on" and set to 20 minutes now?? smile.gif

I like that!! biggrin.gif

CodenameElizabeth
Heya. I know that I already mentioned this HERE, but I figured that it would be a good idea to post in a "suggestions" forums so that people who can actually DO something about it may actually SEE it.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to start a "FMA Cosplay" sub-forum under Fanworks. The original Cosplay thread in Open-Chat has been pretty much dead for a while, and there was all kinds of cosplay posted in there.

Costumes, IMO, are "FanWorks" just like fanart or fanfiction. And it gives those of us with no artistic or writing talent something to post to show our support for the fandom! wink.gif

Opinons?
Demon x
a member search option if it isn't there, so people could enter a member's profile without looking fir it.
Tombow
@Demon X - For member search, look upper right of the forum page, and click on Members.
There is a blank space in upper middle-left. Enter the name you are looking for, then click on GO which is on the Right side. smile.gif

@CodenameElizabeth - Aha, the sub-forum!! That's an Administrative decision, so please wait for Admin-sama's response. (if any. ^^ )
(Although, I think, in general, getting a sub-forum is rare for a topic, though the requests are plenty, and since the overall traffic volume for the cosplay topic is rather small on our board, the request may not be fulfilled this time. .. I could be wrong, tho. unsure.gif )

Meantime, I do agree that cosplay is a form of Fanwork, and if people on Cosplay thread prefer, I could move Cosplay thread that is currently in Open Chat forum, to FMA Fanworks forum front section. (I think it can still contain non-FMA cosplays there as well.)
If that is posters on Cospaly thread prefer. (The thread has been in Open Chat forum for a while, so some posters may prefer the thread to remain there.)

Maybe you can post on that thread, and ask how everyone prefer... stay in Open Chat forum, or move to Fanworks forum... ?? smile.gif

CodenameElizabeth
Maybe you can post on that thread, and ask how everyone prefer... stay in Open Chat forum, or move to Fanworks forum... ??

Good suggestion, Tombow. I think I'm going to do that.

My opinion as to why the Cosplay thread is dead is because I think people aren't aware of its existance. (Open Chat has a whole ton of crazy stuff in it, and threads are often buried three, four pages back due to traffic on other popular threads on the same board.) It took me a while to find it in the first place, and I would have totally forgotten about it if you had not remided me it was there...
mei_tenshi
Perhaps if the Cosplay thread were pinned on the Fanworks page, that would keep it from getting buried?
travisbmoore
I need indentions for my paragraphs.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(travisbmoore @ Feb 12 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]504391[/snapback]
I need indentions for my paragraphs.

...How about making them worth reading first? rolleyes.gif
CodenameElizabeth
...How about making them worth reading first? rolleyes.gif
^^^ FTW!

Perhaps if the Cosplay thread were pinned on the Fanworks page, that would keep it from getting buried?

I like that suggestion. Less of a drastic step than creating a sub-forum...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.