Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions For This Board/Forum
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Member Requests and Suggestions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Tombow
^ You're welcome! Hope to see you around the board! smile.gif

EniviD EiraM
~ Suggestions For The Site And Some Questions ~

can wa add some backgrounds on the site...
I mean, add some graphics and some arts to the site because for me...
the white color background seems to be boring...peace!

also, I wanna ask if are the members different from the board?
Can the members become board members too?
Will the site update about the latest on FMA?

[pls. post a reply or back comment to my profile. THANKS!!]
Tombow
@Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) - Welcome to our board! Once you register and becoming a member of fullmetal-alchemist.com board, that goes for all part of our board, the forums, Gallery, etc. Although, some members use only our Gallery and haven't posted in the forum part of our board, while some other members post only in the forums and have not used other part of our board, and so on. But, as far as I know, on our board, <site member> = <board member> = <forum member> and every member is welcome to use all parts of our board. biggrin.gif

As for the next question, the updating of the FMA info on the site is... I think, "on-going," but it seems to be going quite slow. ^^ If anyone would like to help out, and submit the stuff for updating of the FMA info for the site, here is the submission guideline posted by our Web-master Admin:

QUOTE (bryantq @ Sep 6 2007, 01:55 PM) *
...If you think something belongs on the website, make a post in this forum with the written data and images you would like to submit. If i approve it, i will add it to the main site and credit you for your hard work!

Rules:
  • Content must pertain to the Fullmetal Alchemist brand (anime, manga, movie, games, merchandise, etc)
  • Information must be cited if pulled from another source. Please include the origination url and author if applicable.
  • Images used cannot be fanart.
  • Please proofread for grammar and punctuation.
  • You may use BBCODE in your article and i will publish it as you design it smile.gif
How to submit:
To submit an article, use the following guidelines:

In the Topic Title, first prefix the title with the category in which the article falls (pick one from the left menu), followed by the topic.

For example, if i am submitting a character description for the anime series, which belongs in the Anime section of this website, my topic would be:

"Anime: Character Bio - Roy Mustang"

In the topic description, mention if this is a completely new article, or if it is an update to an existing one.

Please make sure your submissions are all proof-read and error free, then please post your submissions on this thread. ^^

Aside from that, there are numerous threads with FMA info in the forum part of the site that are updated periodically, although I'm guilty of falling behind on updating some of the threads with the latest info. ^^ If anyone would like to help out with translations or cataloging of FMA info for the info threads in the forums, please PM me and let me know. smile.gif

And, thank you for your suggestion! The admins will come here and read members' suggestions periodically (though they may not leave the reply posts.) ^^
EniviD EiraM
I suggest if the board will arrange some cosplay party with the reunion of all the members of this site ...

well, good luck to the board with that request !

haha !
Tombow
QUOTE (Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) @ Nov 21 2009, 09:51 AM) *
I suggest if the board will arrange some cosplay party with the reunion of all the members of this site ...

@Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) - You mean, actual real-life cosplay-reunion party? unsure.gif
If so, I guess that might be kind of hard to organize, as our members are scattered around the world, from Boston to Bosnia, Peoria to Paris, Chinatown in NY to Chinese towns in, uh.. China.. you get the idea. XD But, if anyone is planning to attend some anime con, with or without doing cosplay, then you can post on our Anime cons thread to see if some people from our board might be attending the same con, and if you guys like, you can get together at the con. .. that's the closest I can come up with for now. XD And, if any of our members do get together at some Anime con, please take pics and post them on our board later!! biggrin.gif
thedespised2166
Just an idea. Make 2 separate quizes (1 is FMA1, the other is FMA2: Brotherhood) just to see how smart some people are of the FMA series. biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
Go ahead and make threads for 'em.
Tombow
QUOTE (thedespised2166 @ Dec 19 2009, 01:05 PM) *
Just an idea. Make 2 separate quizes (1 is FMA1, the other is FMA2: Brotherhood) just to see how smart some people are of the FMA series. biggrin.gif

@thedespised2166 - That sounds fun! ^^ Or, if the quizzes are trivia based (as I assume?? ^^) then please feel free to add your posts on, and revive our two existing "FMA Trivia quiz" threads: FMA-1 anime trivia game and FMA manga trivia game threads. biggrin.gif

ETA: I saw the quiz thread, and glanced at questions... wow these are hard questions! tongue.gif
Good luck with your thread! biggrin.gif

EniviD EiraM
I like to suggest these things :

-- topics that are already closed must be removed from the whole forum
-- comments to board members should be considered as a post smile.gif
-- ranking requirements should decrease .. think about the beginners, they might be bothered by their rank and decide to quit the forum 'cause it takes hundreds of post before stepping on the new rank smile.gif
-- make some more updates about general FMA stuffs ..
-- have fun games for the visitors and the members to play ti kill their boredom at posting smile.gif

just suggesting ... smile.gif)
Popogeejo
Once more Popo takes up the mantle of back seat mod, much to everyone's disdain.

QUOTE (Naomi Kumikoh(cutiedivine) @ Feb 2 2010, 11:31 AM) *
-- comments to board members should be considered as a post smile.gif
-- ranking requirements should decrease .. think about the beginners, they might be bothered by their rank and decide to quit the forum 'cause it takes hundreds of post before stepping on the new rank smile.gif

If people take post counts that seriously then I think it would be preferable if they left. The numbers are pointless. If anything they should be wholly removed as they just encourage spam as people try to get their numbers up.

-- make some more updates about general FMA stuffs ..

The forums move pretty quickly. We're getting new episodes of Bortherhood weekly and manga chapters monthly all of which the forum is covering really enthusiastically. There's not much more we can do that we aren't already doing.

-- have fun games for the visitors and the members to play ti kill their boredom at posting smile.gif

Hit up Spam Central. There are more games there than you can shake a stick at and you're welcome to make more as long as they meet these easy conditions:
1: We don't have a thread like that already,
2: The game you make up isn't horribly bad.
Chiyo
Only ever disdain Popo when you are being personal, frankly I thnk you like taking back-seat Moderator role sometimes.

Just to add to what has been said, in reference to deleting closed topics, generally they are left open when (like you yourself Naomi) they have been directed to another link.

So...for example...you opened a topic on anime pets. As a similar thread also existed I closed it and left a link to the place where you can find the original. It wasn't deleted so 1. You know what has happened and 2. Other members of the forum don't make the same mistake.
Popogeejo
frankly I think you like taking back-seat Moderator role sometimes.

Oh I do like it, but if you or Tombow want me to knock it off then by all means tell me.
Disasterpiece
Suggestion:

I'm a forum admin on a prominent Avatar:The Last Airbender forum and about two years ago we embedded a chat box on the bottom of the forum page, making it easier for members to chit chat!

My suggestion was that we have a chatbox (Chataango, for the most part, seems a lot of anime sites have that) for better forum flow and member socialization biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Feb 2 2010, 05:37 PM) *
Suggestion:

I'm a forum admin on a prominent Avatar:The Last Airbender forum and about two years ago we embedded a chat box on the bottom of the forum page, making it easier for members to chit chat!

My suggestion was that we have a chatbox (Chataango, for the most part, seems a lot of anime sites have that) for better forum flow and member socialization biggrin.gif

@Disasterpiece - Thanks for the suggestion! ^^ Actually, we get that suggestion periodically here, and as far as embedding a "chat box" on our board, our Web-Master/Site owner said "no," but I think members who'd like to do real-time chat can use our designated chat channel, assuming it's still actively accepting chat by our members. ^^
kikuchan xx
My suggestion:

Please count the posts posted in Spam Central. All topics there is good and many people enjoy to post there but even they post most there, the number of there post wont increase.

( too many "post" and "there" XD )
Chiyo
Post count doesn't mean anything, that is not the point of being in a forum, it doesn't make you better than anyone else hence we don't encourage you trying tp up your post count by spamming.
Tombow
QUOTE (kikuchan xx @ Feb 23 2010, 06:43 AM) *
...Please count the posts posted in Spam Central. All topics there is good and many people enjoy to post there but even they post most there, the number of there post wont increase....

Sorry, but... "posts there to be NOT counted toward members' total post counts" was one of the basic premise of the creation of the Spam Central forum by our Web-Master, and I agree with the basic principle behind it. smile.gif Please post in Spam Central forum for the joy of posting. ^^

And, I agree with Chiyo, that on our board, members don't get any "extra" benefits for having larger post counts, and post counts really don't matter on our board, as we put more emphasis on "quality" of posts, over "quantity." Therefore, we highly discourage members to get caught up on increasing one's post counts, especially by the way of posting tons of mindless junk posts, and instead, we recommend our members to take time on each post, and make them "count" by the way of "quality of the posts." smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
I hope it's okay to make this suggestion, but I was wondering if there was a way to make the "Newcomers" thread more visible if at all possible? Of course, there are people who find it, but I know that when I came here I didn't even know there was such a thread and that's why I never introduced myself; So it's just lead me to think that perhaps some new members don't get to introduce themselves because they don't know where to do it. (I'm probably wrong, but it's just a thought!)

Perhaps a subforum named "Welcome/Introduction" (or whatever is best) under the "Open Chat" forum so it appears next to "Debate District" so that everyone can see it? And then in the "Welcome/Introduction" subforum you could have the "Newcomers", "Welcome back" and "Goodbye" threads? (If that makes any sense!)

I apologise if this is a stupid or impossible idea, but it's just a thought that came to mind. smile.gif
Tombow
@A Pierrot's Aria - Ha, funny you mention... this has been in the working and already on the way. XD The new sub-forum will be more or less similar to what you're describing, and some more... probably including some "forum rules & guidelines" threads, and hopefully adding a series of "posting tutorials" threads in this 'newbie welcome center" (tentative title) sub-forum, and I'm hoping it'll be up sometime soon, or we may go ahead and put up the sub-forum, and then keep working on it. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
^Ah! Wow! That's great. =P Thank you for taking the time to take a read anyway. =P
EniviD EiraM
I like for this site to have something that is unique and different from other fan sites ...
something rare,interesting and excellent biggrin.gif

and can we make this site be more lively ? I mean, when you say FMA you mean action right ?

just my suggestion smile.gif

Broken Chouchou
As a site dedicated to fans for discussing FMA, I find it pretty excellent. Not really sure what you mean by unique and rare (elaborate?), but either way, FMA is coming to an end. So I expect the activity will hit a significant drop in a relatively near future. So making the site more lucrative seems a little pointless, frankly.

Just my thoughts, I'm not a mod biggrin.gif
Chiyo
I'm afraid I don't really understand what you mean EniviD EiraM. I'm not sure what we could establish as something "unique" on a forum. A forum is an area of discussion, and we have discussions on all elements of Fullmetal Alchemist as well as many other things. People post information all the time so we are as up to date as you can get, and there are at least 20 new comments a day.

FMA does mean action, it is also a manga/anime soon to reach its end. This site will be it's busiest in the next few months.
Popogeejo
She means every member should be given a pony and all posts should be in explicit 90's rap form.
shanryelric
.__.'' let's see.. maybe this has been posted, but I think a new logo would be good, and new design too! I mean, there's FMA Brotherhood, It's going to be better If we use FMAB's logo.. so the design wouldn't look outdated happy.gif and update the informations and the main page, because the video posted there is no longer available in youtube smile.gif thank you!
Chiyo
I keep looking at our header images and wondering if we need to update. Ed and Al are Ed and Al, no matter which series, but perhaps if it is possible we could find some new images to use. I shall run this by Tombow and take a look for some suitable pictures, but if anyone has any suggestions they are welcome to offer them.
Aribelle
I know nothing about how one goes about changing forum layouts, so if this would completely not work forgive me, but given enough people are willing to participate it would be fun to hold a contest for members to make a new header or something, should you decide to change it. I'm not sure how plausible it would actually be in practice, but something to think about smile.gif
shanryelric
^ great idea!! happy.gif can't wait biggrin.gif
Disasterpiece
~ A "chit Chat Thread"? ~

I know the Penny for your thoughts thread is for people with current thoughts and what not, and I've been....spoken to by the mods about interacting with members by replying to their posts laugh.gif

So! My suggestion is that a thread be made for people who can talk about anything and still carry the conversation about someone's post. I know that one way to carry a convo is thru PM, but I just believe it would make things more convenient and simple if a thread was made like this.

I've been on other forums that have a similar thread like this, and it's a hit among the members there.

Just a thought happy.gif
Tombow
Hi Disasterpiece, thank you for the suggestion. biggrin.gif Yeah, we get the similar requests time to time, and other related suggestions to make our board more "chat friendly." Those are kind of difficult for us to implement because we are very much oriented to be a discussion board and not as a social chat board, and as such, as you mentioned, the closest we have come up as an "any topic" chat thread is the "Penny" thread in Open Chat forum where members can post any topic that are related to what's happening in members' life recently, as well as other "topic oriented" chat threads such as "Let's talk about our Pet!" thread, "Siblings... Tell Us About Yours!" thread, "Thread For Short People To Talk About Being Short!." and "Maths, Do You Hate It?" thread, and ...basically, pretty much most of the threads in Open Chat forum (except the ones in two special sub-forums). XD

As far as creating a "shout-out box/chat box" type chat thread where members will post short "one line/one word" type chat comments, as is, they'll probably be considered as a spam postings for now, even in Spam Central forum, and hence it will probably get closed. Sorry! tongue.gif

But, we do take member suggestions seriously, and just because the things suggested by members do not show up as a result on the board right away, that does not mean these suggestions are forgotten. On contrary, we try to incorporate those suggestions whenever we get the chance to do so. And, this is one area I have been long considering, and trying to come up with some way to incorporate without turning us into a chat board. I have several ideas, but nothing is solid yet, and so, all I can say for now is I'll try to keep working on it, and thank you again for your suggestion! smile.gif

We'll probably merge this one to Suggestion thread sometime later. ^^

ETA: Dec. 16, 2020. Merged thread. smile.gif
Raichi
~ Advertizing? ~

Okay so I have a small request...

I've started RP'ing in a free forum of FMA during the summer break, but when school started it sort of died down and all this time I really want to continue with my characters and their story sad.gif

And there's NOWHERE on the internet to advertize it but the main site of the free forum provider which hasn't brought in any new members after a week or so of bumping the advertizement.

So yeah, I'm just a member of the forum and I just really want to continue RP and want more people to join so I have someone to RP with.

Is it okay if I ask others here? It's just a free forum and at the moment every member is too busy to RP anymore.
Tombow
Sorry, Raichi but our board is rather strict about advertising other forums/boards/RP (or game) sites, etc. in our forums, and it's a no-no to make any post or thread for the purpose of advertisement or recruitment for other sites on our board (or otherwise do any such activities through PM, etc. on our board.) Yeah, sorry. sad.gif

But, since we do offer our own RP forum on our board, I hope you can make the best use of our forum, and enjoy doing RP in our Roleplay Community forum. smile.gif
I believe you already have an FMA RP thread in our RP forum and there are some participant RPers on the thread and waiting to start the RP. Hope it will go well. ^^
Raichi
that one already started but nobody is replying anymore.
Tombow
QUOTE (Raichi @ Dec 11 2010, 08:25 AM) *
that one already started but nobody is replying anymore.

Uh.. it could be that maybe because you were gone from the board for a while? (And, some of them might have been busy with school works. ^^) Have you tried PMing these people and let them know that you're back and would like to start PRing on that RP thread? I believe most of them are currently active, and as far as I know I think they are interested in doing FMA RPs. Maybe you can try communicating with them and find out.? smile.gif
Raichi
I did, still nothing.
Tombow
^ @Raichi - When have you tried it? Maybe they were busy at that time? I think school works are just about winding down and some of them are currently actively posting in the forums. Would you like to try contacting them again? If I get the chance I'll try to mention your RP thread also. smile.gif
Raichi
well two got back to me today smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (Raichi @ Dec 15 2010, 02:51 PM) *
well two got back to me today smile.gif

@Raichi - Glad to hear that! Hope your RP thread will go well! biggrin.gif

Also, if you got more questions, or need help with RPing in our Roleplay Community forum, you can also ask our friendly Roleplay Community forum adviser, Razzy for her help. smile.gif

We'll probably merge this to Suggestions thread sometime later. ^^

Dec. 19, 2010 Merged thread. smile.gif
Rainshine
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I've seen this on other forums and it's worked pretty well, so I thought I might as well mention it here, but: buddies?
Where we take newcomers and pair them with older members as a sort of mentor/mentee thing, where the mentors can show their buddies around the site and answer any questions that they might have about anything, and make sure that they know the rules of the forum as well as general forum etiquette, so that by the time their mentor/menteeship is over, the newbies feel welcomed to the forum, and have a good idea of what goes on around the forum and what's okay/not okay, etc.

Sound cool? c:
A Pierrot's Aria
I think this is a really good idea, Rainshine. Not only would the mentors be able to help newcomers if they're stuck, they could also be their first forum friend. I know a lot of newbies tend to feel quite left out, especially among older members. I'll PM you and we can discuss it further. smile.gif
Tombow
@Rainshine - Thank you for the suggestion! happy.gif Please discuss it further with A Pierrot's Aria. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.