Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions For This Board/Forum
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Member Requests and Suggestions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
asunder
good suggestion from mei~
and it's been moved and pinned!
Tombow
Aha, I see cosplay thread is moved!! smile.gif

QUOTE(travisbmoore @ Feb 12 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]504391[/snapback]
I need indentions for my paragraphs.

@travisbmoore - If you are writing with ADDREPLY, then Indention is one of the 6 square buttons (the far Left one) on the upper Right of the replay post composing window. smile.gif

Is there possibility get a rss-feed to forum?
I would like to check easily all topics where I/+others could check more etc!
Tombow
@70150 - I'm no techie, nor qualified to answer your question, but just posting to say..
Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
I'm sure our Admin-sama can check out your suggestion later. ^^
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 14 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]505147[/snapback]
@70150 - I'm no techie, nor qualified to answer your question, but just posting to say..
Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
I'm sure our Admin-sama can check out your suggestion later. ^^

Thanks!
Ok!
I think it is quite easy becouse there is just-plugg-me-and-ready-to-go systems wich creates automaticly rss-feeds to forums or sites.
But I let the admin do his/her work tongue.gif
The RZA
The forum could use a shoutbox.
Tombow
QUOTE(The RZA @ Feb 15 2007, 12:13 AM) [snapback]505358[/snapback]
The forum could use a shoutbox.

Aha, that's another suggestion that goes to Admin-sama. biggrin.gif
I don't know how much resources it takes to maintain the shoutbox, but we'll see?? biggrin.gif
(I still like to see Blogs back at some point, too. ..Just a reminder to Admin-sama.. laugh.gif )
Ailuro
QUOTE(70150 @ Feb 14 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]505059[/snapback]

There is a way to subscribe to specific threads and forums. If someone responds it notifies you through email. Simply go to "Forum Options" in the top right corner of the thread/forum box. The last option should read "Subscribe to this forum".

If that isn't what you were referring to, then sorry.
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Feb 14 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]505371[/snapback]
QUOTE(70150 @ Feb 14 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]505059[/snapback]

There is a way to subscribe to specific threads and forums. If someone responds it notifies you through email. Simply go to "Forum Options" in the top right corner of the thread/forum box. The last option should read "Subscribe to this forum".

If that isn't what you were referring to, then sorry.

I am not familiar with this forum type, so I have to check how much that subscribtion is what i was searching.
Thank you for information!
Demon x
some rules for IRC channel?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Demon x @ Feb 16 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]505930[/snapback]

Well Zarpia started the channel so Zarpia can set the rules. The IRC channel is a separate entity from the forum and not endorsed by the site admins as far as I am aware in any official capacity.
Could you name the irc channel! Is it not /j #CircleOfTyrants?
I did join to that channel wich I dound here but there was no other people than I!
[update: Joined to right channel now!]
Popogeejo
#circleoftyrants on Rizon.
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 16 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]505931[/snapback]

Well Zarpia started the channel so Zarpia can set the rules. The IRC channel is a separate entity from the forum and not endorsed by the site admins as far as I am aware in any official capacity.

@Popo - Oops. I have been telling forum members that #circleoftyrants mIRC is the chat channel for the forum, when asked specifically by members about the possibility of forum having chat channels. >.< Should I stop telling that?? unsure.gif
Popogeejo
Feel free to keep telling folks. As long as they're warned the channel is more "mature" than the forums then it's fine.
At least that's how I see it.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 16 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]506002[/snapback]
Feel free to keep telling folks. As long as they're warned the channel is more "mature" than the forums then it's fine.

Mm, yeah, basically. In other words, not for twelve-year-olds.
Tombow
Ah, yes that sounds good!! Good precaution!! Thanks!! happy.gif
Commie
<Merged "Suggestion" thread with the following two posts here. 02/17/07 ~Tombow>

Suggestion: Upgrade you're site to IE 7 compatibility, I have to use FireFox to post. laugh.gif dry.gif

~Commie blink.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Commie @ Feb 17 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]506149[/snapback]
Suggestion: Upgrade you're site to IE 7 compatibility, I have to use FireFox to post. laugh.gif dry.gif

~Commie blink.gif

@Commie - Welcome to the board!!
I'm moving your post to Suggestion thread. smile.gif

ETA: Topic merged, and the thread author was notified of the merge. smile.gif

@Commie - We hear you. ^^ Meantime, while the board is working on it, please use FireFox to post on this board. smile.gif
Amol
I think the posts edited should also be added with the new posts in the lists every time one edits their posts, i just edited my post and put in the trailer , but there will be less people seeing it as it wont really be seen as a new post in the search column !

I'd suggest something should be done to make sure the people know that the posts have been edited !
Tombow
QUOTE(Amol @ Feb 18 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]506385[/snapback]
I think the posts edited should also be added with the new posts in the lists every time one edits their posts, i just edited my post and put in the trailer , but there will be less people seeing it as it wont really be seen as a new post in the search column !

I'd suggest something should be done to make sure the people know that the posts have been edited !

@Amol - Pssst, [spoiler]PM your friend or someone who posts on that thread to tell about the new important addition you made, and the person is likely to make a new post and that will bring up the thread. [/spoiler] ^^

I understand the "NO double posting" rule is sometimes very frustrating.
But, I think, if double posting is permitted, some people might make intentional "bump" posts to bring up his/her own thread. (Yap, I had seen some people done that even on this board, before him/her learning about our "No double posting" rule. )

And, I know on some other boards, threads bump up automatically when any of the posts on the threads is edited. (Tho not on our board.) But, in my own experience, this became more annoying than useful, because people like me would make tons of typo mistakes, and I have to make frequent editing of my posts to correct them later, and so are quite few others.
And, since the program can not distinguish if the editing being done is some important and note-worthy stuff being added, or just correcting typo mistakes or some rewriting being done or adding some silly stuff, if we somehow able the board to make some "notice" whenever the thread is edited, I think this might trigger many "empty" notices, and so, in reality, this may not be as useful as it might sounds.

Theoretically speaking, if the thread is busy and has many traffics hopefully that will ease the frustration of no double posting rule. smile.gif

(And/or try the method I posted above. It usually works well, IMO. biggrin.gif )
Kisara
<Merged "Fanclubs, Or clans" thread with the following two posts here. 02/22/07 ~Tombow>

I think there should be a fanclubs/clans section. It doesn't have to be FMA only, but you can make clubs for other animes, mangas, bands, shows etc.
Tombow
@Kisara - I'm merging your "Fanclubs, Or clans" thread to Suggestions thread. We can continue this discussion there. biggrin.gif

ETA: Thread merged, and the thread author notified of the merge. smile.gif

Now, about the "fan club" sub-forum...

This is just my personal opinion, but... I tend to think (at least, for now,) "fan club" threads will function better if left in their relevant forums, such as, "Lust" fan club thread in FMA Character Discussion forum, "Naruto" fan club thread in General Anime forum, "Linkin Park" fan club thread in General Music forum, and so on, rather than having one "fan club" sub-forum and throwing in all fan club threads that are meant for varying types of target subjects.
As such, we already have fan club threads in some forums, and I think we are quite free to expand the posting activities in those fan club threads. (Tho, currently I haven't seen much activities on most of those threads.)
Till we see measurable increase in post traffics on those threads that might justify the creation of a sub-forum, I think we can start out by creating and posting on certain fan club thread you desire (and try to sustain the measurable thread activities,) within currently applicable forum. smile.gif

(But, this is just my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if others have different views. biggrin.gif )
Zarpia
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Feb 16 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]506039[/snapback]
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 16 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]506002[/snapback]

Mm, yeah, basically. In other words, not for twelve-year-olds.
Just 12? that seems to young don't you think? <3
BleedingAngel
<Merged "Clans" thread with the following 6 posts here. 03/02/07 ~Tombow>

I think it would be a fun idea to have clans and members and leaders to have some fun with.

(please tell me if there is already somthing for this)
Kenji
Introducing Members Team tread

Apparently there is one...but it got closed...
Amol

And we have the Circle of Friends here, i have no clue of what it is , but i guess its something like this. I think someone from there can tell you better
BleedingAngel
Yeah but Circle of friends is weak and boring its for girls and pussys (no affence) we should have somthing a bit tougher than Circle Of Friends and we could have like Clan Signs or symbols
Kenji
QUOTE(BleedingAngel @ Mar 3 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]512398[/snapback]
pussys

Congratulation!!
With that word alone you have offended a lot of active members and with that word alone I finally have a reason to hate you... =.=

Think before you post!!!
Tombow
@BleedingAngel - I'm going to merge your "Clans" thread to "Suggestions" thread. smile.gif

ETA: Thread merged, and notified the thread author of the merge. smile.gif
BleedingAngel
Yeah sure thats cool

i love you man wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif hahaha
Popogeejo
QUOTE(BleedingAngel @ Mar 3 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]512398[/snapback]
Yeah but Circle of friends is weak and boring its for girls and pussys (no affence) we should have somthing a bit tougher than Circle Of Friends and we could have like Clan Signs or symbols

Yeah, we are a bunch of pussies. I mean c'mon, "Circle of friends" how girly does that sound? Then there's...umm....errr....But damn the name is kinda girly.
At least you have a very masculine name, BleedingAngel.
Certainly the CoF has done nothing of merit. Certainly it wasn't us who have held several games/events like Day of the Homunculus and Anime Viewing night. We do nothing for anyone. rolleyes.gif
We don't even have any important members...We're totally weak. If only we had some of most veteran members and some mods..oh wait, we do.

Your idea is great though, Clan signs or Symbols, that's so hardcore, testosterone filled manliness. Clans should be all about logos, nuts to doing anything interesting when you can have cool symbols.

Before you could start a member team you needed something like 500+ posts. Maybe more. Even then the idea has been stopped and I don't think new member teams are allowed.
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Popogeejo is always so harsh. ph34r.gif

But I like the way he posts. Always critical. mellow.gif

Regarding the clan thing. I did notice that this message board is kinda... not to be a killjoy but, it's kinda like it's dying. Not much people post here. But I'm just glad there are still people posting here now and then. I don't spend alot of my time here since not that people go here but it's ok with me. I don't think it's practical having clans and those things here. A clan of three to five people is not a clan at all.

It also seems like having Paintchat here is useless since there aren't many people participating in this forum. It's kinda sad. I really did wish we were more. sad.gif It seems like I have to dump the idea of Paintchat here.

BTW, would anyone of you happen to know a site that hosts audio? Kinda like YouTube but for audio. Hopefully its reliable. Thanks! It's because I'm planning to make a thread called "What does your voice sound like?". I'm also open to ideas and stuff.
Tombow
@Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - I think the board goes through a sort of cycle each month, and this time of month (the first of the month through 10) seems to be more quite each month.

Aside from that, I think your observation of the board having less daily/nightly participants, compared to when we had new episode of FMA on Cartoon Network (U.S.) each week, is correct, and IMO, expected. I'm actually surprised that we are still getting thousands of more new members since the broadcasting of the final episode on Cartoon Network in the U.S.

However, it's good to know that in some other countries, they are currently having first time broadcasting of new episode of FMA, and lately we are getting many new members from Finland, and South East Asian countries. smile.gif

As for the Paint-Chat, I tend to agree that the expected traffic volume for that feature is not large enough to warrant that particular feature on our board at the moment.
But, I'm sure the suggestion was appreciated, nonetheless. biggrin.gif

And, about the audio hosting sites, I know there are some, but don't have the links with me right now. Maybe you can check out Karaoke!! thread, and see if you can find some hosting sites? unsure.gif
BleedingAngel
God damn straight man why in hells name would we have anything interesting when we can have Logos I mean that all itís about am I right?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(BleedingAngel @ Mar 4 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]512684[/snapback]
God damn straight man why in hells name would we have anything interesting when we can have Logos I mean that all it’s about am I right?

I dunno, dude! I'm just a girly pussy after all. rolleyes.gif
I will, however give you a handy piece of advice: Use punctuation. Then we might start, you know, taking you seriously.

Or you could just send a PM to random people saying "Please don't hate me" followed by thirty something sad.gif icons.

That'll help. wink.gif
Demon x
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 16 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]505931[/snapback]

so I am to suggest that on Zarpia?
alchemist x
This may be a stupid idea, but its been in my head for a while.. and excuse me if its
already been mentioned.

But you know how there is like 02734237734 some odd members that haven't been active
sense they joined or haven't had a single post. I think it might be a good idea to delete
those members or something.... =\ that way it would be easier to surf through the members
and there might be some names freed up and such.

Just an idea though happy.gif
Tombow
@Garuda - I'm not sure... Hopefully, someone who knows about that better can answer your question... unsure.gif

@Alch. - Thanks for the suggestion!!
I think this has been suggested, and if I remember correctly, we got the words from the Big Boss (the board owner) and his words were that no deleting inactive accounts. So, I guess that's that. biggrin.gif But, appreciate your input!! happy.gif
alchemist x
;_; aww poop. XD its a pain in the butt looking for members when there are 34590 inactive ones ya know?

XD but its nothing big so oh well XD
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
It would kinda upsetting for the user if he/she ever comes back to the boards just to find out that his/her account has been erased. I'm missing the magic of FMA now... Maybe everyone else is too... =( After going through the series and the movie, the journey with the Elric brothers and everyone else ends. But I'm sure FMA will become a classic. =) If I ever have children in the future, I'll make sure they experience the magic that is FMA.
Tombow
QUOTE(Alch. @ Mar 8 2007, 06:24 AM) [snapback]515013[/snapback]
;_; aww poop. XD its a pain in the butt looking for members when there are 34590 inactive ones ya know?

@Alch. - Sorry!! BTW, you can use Member SEARCH to find the one you are looking for.. you know that, right?? Click on Members on the Upper Right of the forum page, then enter the member name (or even partial name, as long as you remember the beginning of the ID) and click on Go, or you can change the search parameters for Advanced search also. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Ratzenheich FMA Super fan @ Mar 8 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]515014[/snapback]
It would kinda upsetting for the user if he/she ever comes back to the boards just to find out that his/her account has been erased. I'm missing the magic of FMA now... Maybe everyone else is too... =( After going through the series and the movie, the journey with the Elric brothers and everyone else ends. But I'm sure FMA will become a classic. =) If I ever have children in the future, I'll make sure they experience the magic that is FMA.

@Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - I agree. And, that's a nice thoughts about your children experiencing FMA!! happy.gif
alchemist x
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 8 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]515041[/snapback]
QUOTE(Alch. @ Mar 8 2007, 06:24 AM) [snapback]515013[/snapback]

@Alch. - Sorry!! BTW, you can use Member SEARCH to find the one you are looking for.. you know that, right?? Click on Members on the Upper Right of the forum page, then enter the member name (or even partial name, as long as you remember the beginning of the ID) and click on Go, or you can change the search parameters for Advanced search also. biggrin.gif

tongue.gif I know that silly, I'm just saying when I'm searching for members that I don't know exist yet wink.gif
which i totally don't have a life and i like to do that XD
Scythoro
Have you guys considered adding more emoticons? After a while the same ones get monotonous. I understand that you don't want a random smiley every other word. But they can add to the mood somewhat, as long as it is not abused. It's just a thought though.
Tombow
QUOTE(Scythoro @ Mar 11 2007, 03:12 AM) [snapback]516427[/snapback]
Have you guys considered adding more emoticons? After a while the same ones get monotonous. I understand that you don't want a random smiley every other word. But they can add to the mood somewhat, as long as it is not abused. It's just a thought though.
@Scythoro - Come to think of it, we have been using these emoticons for a while!! ^^
Although, personally, I'm attached to the ones we have and don't want to lose any of them, and I'm not very fond of seeing more elaborate or "busy" smileys flooding the board, but the one I don't mind being added is "sweatdrop" () (or variation of it.) tongue.gif

@Alch. - Hope you enjoy your "exploration" of the member list!! biggrin.gif
crystal flame Alchemist
i would like the link to my website added into this site
Popogeejo
QUOTE(crystal flame Alchemist @ Mar 25 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]521797[/snapback]

Do you have a link to this site? The admin aren't going to approve a site they've never seen...
We don't even have a links sections as far as I've seen.
Tombow
QUOTE(crystal flame Alchemist @ Mar 25 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]521797[/snapback]

Yap, Popo is correct about the links, but thanks for the suggestion!! biggrin.gif
For now, you can put the link to your site in your sig, & part of your personal Profile page. smile.gif

Fullmetal_heart
sorry if anyone already suggested this but....if we could have a background on our profile, sort of like myspace backgrounds that would make this site better....(not that it has any major flaws)....just a suggestion....
Tombow
QUOTE(Fullmetal_heart @ Mar 28 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]522735[/snapback]
sorry if anyone already suggested this but....if we could have a background on our profile, sort of like myspace backgrounds that would make this site better....(not that it has any major flaws)....just a suggestion....

@Fullmetal_heart' date - Ah, yes, one of your interests is... "adding things to 'my profile' on different sites," right?? Nop, I don't think we had this suggestion before. ^^
Thanks for the suggestion!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.