Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions For This Board/Forum
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Member Requests and Suggestions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Latina Nina
Wow i have alot things that i wanna suggest:

1. I think there should be an Introduce yerslef section so new pp come and make their come welcome me topic

2. Members could have forum jobs like sum1 can be a sig maker, amv maker, avatar maker, greeter, advice column, etc

3. There should be a money system like some1 can have a job and get paid or get a certain amount of money for each post, and if its spam it won't count

4.There could be a section for ppl who could post their problems and other members can post advice for them

5. We should have clans and members with alot like lets say 3,000 or 1,000 posts can be clan leaders

6. there should be an RPG inferno system on here or maybe just an RPG section where ppl can talk about it

7. There could also be a section for members that have a certain amount of posts say like 500 or more and they can go in and get some cool info for them only, like a VIP section

8. There could be like a shop where ya spend fake money and get stuff

9. there should be a battle system, where members can battle other members, it would be fun if we can have Alchemy battles, lol

10. There should be a creativity section where ppl can post their own fanwork, not only for FMA but other fan art too and poems and stuff

well these are all just suggestions, if you have any opinions about any of these please post, i really like this forum and i also want to try to make it fun too, now if this is something unnecessary then Mods go ahead and do yer job
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Latina Nina @ Jun 4 2005, 08:32 PM)
Wow i have alot things that i wanna suggest:

1. I think there should be an Introduce yerslef section so new pp come and make their come welcome me topic

There's already a pinned "Welcome" topic that can be found in Open Chat. Plus, you're free to create a topic about your individual introduction at Spam Central.

2. Members could have forum jobs like sum1 can be a sig maker, amv maker, avatar maker, greeter, advice column, etc

Everybody's free to do as they wish. For example: Rizababe and Haroken created their very own signature shops where other members can ask for signatures etc.

3. There should be a money system like some1 can have a job and get paid or get a certain amount of money for each post, and if its spam it won't count

biggrin.gif;; I don't think anyone would be willing to pay someone to post in their forum...

4.There could be a section for ppl who could post their problems and other members can post advice for them

There's already a section dedicated to the subject: "Comments & Questions." wink.gif

6. there should be an RPG inferno system on here or maybe just an RPG section where ppl can talk about it

bryantq, one of the site administrators is already considering making a section dedicated to RPGs, if I'm not mistaken.

7. There could also be a section for members that have a certain amount of posts say like 500 or more and they can go in and get some cool info for them only, like a VIP section

Hmm, guess bryantq and/or penguin|tired will have to see about this one. biggrin.gif My only concern is the increase of spammage it'll unmistakenly result in.

8. There could be like a shop where ya spend fake money and get stuff

...uh... Be my guest? biggrin.gif

9. there should be a battle system, where members can battle other members, it would be fun if we can have Alchemy battles, lol

I think that's where RPGs come in. No? wink.gif
i know this is not a place to be talking about this,but when i log in i can not do replys since the website tells me i do not have permission to go reply to the forums,the only thing i could do is reply as a guest,i need your wise words,pleez!!!!
sad.gif please don't be rude and please answer me,please be considerate to the unfotunate,this is not a joke sad.gif or at least tell me where the appropriate forum is,
sad.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Are you sure you registered at this forum and not the gallery? I can't say for sure if that is indeed the problem, but if it is...
animejunkie429800
^^ that happens to me too. whenever i try to sign in at the gallery or anywhere else besides the forums, it says that i'm not a valid member or sumthing like that. and whenever i finish posting comments below my name says: Guest.... mad.gif mad.gif
that's not my problem dry.gif i signed in normal
F.M.A_Fan_2005
I think that this site is best the way it is and whoever madeit did a excellent job of making it! :D
Latina Nina
well this forum is great, i just wanted to think up some new ideas ^^ thanx fo readin this anyways ^^
DameGreyWulf
You might have heard some of these, and might not have
ANYWAY

1. Ya'll should get a skin. There's a lot of places where you might be able to find some FMA skins. This place looks a little boring. I suggest a dark one instead of light one, because most light skins are boring and plain. Well, that's mainly if they're white or something.
I could try and search for some.

2. No frames! We've still got the FM-A.com frames stuff on there, and it tends to mess with the forum. I'd give the forums their own page or something.

3. Related to the 2nd one, a banner just for the forums. The banner on FM-A.com tends to mess up and do weird things..

4. More unique things. Like FMA sprites/smilies

5. Bigger avatars.. possibly.. 150x150 is most boards' standard. But this suggestion isn't really so important so you can just ignore it if ya want.

Those are just some. I had a big list, but I can't think of them now o.0
mongooseboi
QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Jul 30 2005, 06:25 PM)
You might have heard some of these, and might not have
ANYWAY

1. Ya'll should get a skin. There's a lot of places where you might be able to find some FMA skins. This place looks a little boring. I suggest a dark one instead of light one, because most light skins are boring and plain. Well, that's mainly if they're white or something.
I could try and search for some.
[snapback]233354[/snapback]

a skin for the webpage? i duno i like the simple white color. it doesn't distract my eyes as im posting. but i guess another skin could be interesting.
2. No frames! We've still got the FM-A.com frames stuff on there, and it tends to mess with the forum. I'd give the forums their own page or something.

not really sure what you mean, but the forums seem fine to me.
3. Related to the 2nd one, a banner just for the forums. The banner on FM-A.com tends to mess up and do weird things..

again maybe this is just a unique problem for you, but the banner has never caused any problems for me. and also, simple and clean is easy on the eyes.
4. More unique things. Like FMA sprites/smilies

yes that would be pretty interesting :] i personally wanted a kakshi smiley, but no word on new smileys yet.
5. Bigger avatars.. possibly.. 150x150 is most boards' standard. But this suggestion isn't really so important so you can just ignore it if ya want.

Those are just some. I had a big list, but I can't think of them now o.0

wow for me these forums give the most leeway, with 120X120. i think that gives plenty of room for a avatar. Minitokyo's forums only allow a 50x50 avatar, and most fansub forums only allow a 100X100 avatar.
foolmetal alchemist
Also, most of your requests eat up extra bandwith. Which means Bryant has to pay more.
bryantq
we're not using frames, the avatar wont be bigger smile.gif, using sprites requires permission and licensing issues (if you find some, where the artist will allow them, i will gladly ad them), and the banner shouldnt have any problems any further.

The skin, while is the default, still matches with the site design. I may consider allowing people to choose individual skins by preference.
DameGreyWulf
Ok

And what I meant by frames was this (click on thumbnail):
IPB Image
Ronaldo Rodregez
Why don't you just make it so avatars have to be hosted off the user's own webspace?
mongooseboi
webspace?..why dont you just use photobucket. its free.

[edit]
and also, the forum link is in the frames, scroll down. they are under factbook.
bryantq
those arent "frames" because no where are we using html frames tongue.gif
DameGreyWulf
Well yea XD
But they're kinda annoying because everything's moved >> thatway
And sometimes things are cut off..
foolmetal alchemist
That may be only because your screen resolution is too small. If you have the website on full-screen you shouldn't have any problems.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Aug 1 2005, 02:51 AM)

That's what photobucket provides...
Dame
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 1 2005, 12:59 PM)
That may be only because your screen resolution is too small. If you have the website on full-screen you shouldn't have any problems.
[snapback]236876[/snapback]

1024x768
And I always have my window open fully, because otherwise it's annoyingly small
mongooseboi
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Aug 1 2005, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Aug 1 2005, 02:51 AM)

That's what photobucket provides...
[snapback]237044[/snapback]

avatars can be hosted off photobucket...
Hitsugaya Toushirou
~ Making "Do Not Flame Winry Or Riza Rule"? ~

I would suggest making a rule to not flame winry or riza.

Or making Rude Obscene vulgar comments bout them in the pictures area.
Carnal Malefactor
You worry too much about the feelings of fictional characters.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yeah, and no flaming Envy either, he's very sensitive.
mongooseboi
QUOTE(Envy @ Sep 26 2005, 07:48 PM) [snapback]293303[/snapback]

Yeah, and no flaming Envy either, he's very sensitive.

envy is a n00b biggrin.gif jp :]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
*sigh* Not that Envy. laugh.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(Envy @ Sep 26 2005, 09:28 PM) [snapback]293368[/snapback]

*sigh* Not that Envy. laugh.gif

o hahaha..whoops :]
Radical Alchemist
...seriously... why does it matter? Their not realy, first of all (if you were talking about a real person who has the ability to get hurt by another's comments THEN we'll talk)
Fullmetal Fangirl
I care alot about fictional characters to be honest ^^;; When my friends bag my favourite character a get really pissed and they wonder why. Or if someone bagged my OTP i would hate them forever. Well, not forever, but yopu know what I mean. But thats just me.
Omakase Shimasu
Flames should always be reported to the staff and/or you can leave a post at the The Grammar Police Station. Whatever suits your fancy.
Automne
Ahem...What a rule 'Do not flame Winry or Riza.' Why these two characters only? Why not all the characters? sleep.gif
Anyway, It's better doing like Kase said.
adamclark
i believe that link to the grammar police station is not working.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE (Hitsugaya Toushirou @ Sep 26 2005, 02:50 AM) *

well when people flame the characters it does get pretty annoying sleep.gif
Riza-Hawkeye

Very annoying.... Last time I checked no one here was a baby... dry.gif
Chopper Enthusiast

Yes, instead of having a useless rule, why not defend the characters yourself. If someone slanders a character tell them that they have no proof that Riza is a man, Envy is homosexual or that Barry the Chopper is a crack whore. All false claims can be easily discredited and disprove.

Ah, and those rumours up there, I just made those up and do not support any of them.
Ronaldo Rodregez

I think they'll live.
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Oct 17 2005, 08:51 PM) [snapback]301005[/snapback]

I think they'll live.

Listen to this man.
Melydragon

I think there should be a policy against flamers. But then we still have the staff and Grammar department who do a good job. If you have a problem with flamers better report them.
Quistis88
I pinned this thread. smile.gif
MonsterEnvy
Perhaps we ought to make it necessary for new members to at least take a look at the rules and Forum Decorum thread before posting... so many n00bs seem to run around spamming and creating spam threads simply because they're not familiar with how our forum works, and haven't bothered to look up the rules. It wouldn't eliminate spamming and pointless threads, but it would probably cut down on them.
Just a suggestion biggrin.gif

Oh, and the 'assisstant' as well as viewing profiles seem to be a bit confused... there are URLs on top of each other and things all shifted. It worked fine before the layout changed... perhaps it's something that bryantq just hasn't noticed to fix?

Incidentally, I think that Tombow would make a great mod, if you're ever recruiting.
Popogeejo
Could we have a General fanwork board for non FMA related work?
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 13 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]394766[/snapback]

Could we have a General fanwork board for non FMA related work?

do you realize that could open the door to the gates of hell?
Popogeejo
Since when have I been apposed to a little chaos?
Aslong as people still follow forum rules it couldn't go to far wrong...could it?
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 14 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]395118[/snapback]

Since when have I been apposed to a little chaos?
Aslong as people still follow forum rules it couldn't go to far wrong...could it?

(opposed)

well just imagine fan fics of .... forum families .... or fan fics of lemonkeyxVoid .

I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg too.
Popogeejo
Atleast it would be hard to do fan-art.
Although now I thoink about the ammount of "Piczorz of Mi puppyz and stuff I lyk" threads may kill me.
Ailuro
QUOTE(asu @ May 14 2006, 08:02 AM) [snapback]395120[/snapback]

(opposed)

well just imagine fan fics of .... forum families .... or fan fics of lemonkeyxVoid .

Actually, those kinds of fanfics would be rather amusing. ohmy.gif
fma lover stef
QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 14 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]395173[/snapback]

QUOTE(asu @ May 14 2006, 08:02 AM) [snapback]395120[/snapback]

(opposed)

Actually, those kinds of fanfics would be rather amusing. ohmy.gif

HA HA!! laugh.gif they would!
Lone Wolf
I agree with MonsterEnvy. Many noobs don't seem to read the forum rules at all - I've seen many, many "new" topics started by noobs (many topics that have already been created), and then they get mad when a mod closes their topic.

Aren't new members required to read the Forum Rules? If not, I think they should before they post, much less make a topic.
asunder
QUOTE(Lone Wolf @ Jun 5 2006, 12:40 AM) [snapback]406204[/snapback]

I agree with MonsterEnvy. Many noobs don't seem to read the forum rules at all - I've seen many, many "new" topics started by noobs (many topics that have already been created), and then they get mad when a mod closes their topic.

Aren't new members required to read the Forum Rules? If not, I think they should before they post, much less make a topic.

How would you suggest enforcing this?
- Making a quiz to test if a person has read the rules?
- I think there's a great video from the somethingawful forums about people who are new to internet forums.

I don't think there's a good solution to this to be honest.
Lone Wolf
Yeah, I figured such... but maybe one of the mods might have some brilliant idea that will work... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.