Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtf Is This?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Jellybean
I found these scans on another website. Al E. seems to have some sort of scary-looking, headless armor thing with him now. Maybe it's the thing he was performing a transmutation on in the trailer, eh? I don't know. What do you guys make of it?

PS - Sorry if this is already posted somewhere or if it's in the wrong section. I wasn't really sure where to put it.
NightMistress
It kind of looks like it once had a head or something but it just got knocked off. *sigh* I really need to start learning more Japanese.
Elderberry
Hm...I can't really tell, either...There's a little box that introduces Aru, but I don't see a corresponding one for the weird looking armor.

Aru sure looks adorable though. laugh.gif (he's completely adopted Ed's outfit! mellow.gif) ...and is that a design of Wrath I see in the corner!? laugh.gif
(*being random and obsessive*)
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Jun 3 2005, 01:00 AM)
Hm...I can't really tell, either...There's a little box that introduces Aru, but I don't see a corresponding one for the weird looking armor.

Aru sure looks adorable though. laugh.gif (he's completely adopted Ed's outfit! mellow.gif) ...and is that a design of Wrath I see in the corner!? laugh.gif
(*being random and obsessive*)
[snapback]184514[/snapback]

yep that's wrath with automail arm and leg
Omakase Shimasu
I wouldn't know about the armor thing. But is it just me or have Al's eyes undergone a change as well? They look more golden than brown/green-ish to me.

Yes, I have a weird fascination when it comes to eyes, thank you.
Aoko-chan
@Omakase Shimasu: O.O Yeah, Al's eyes look different..but it might just be the picture.
ling*
This question is probably mentioned before, but could someone tell me again because I don't really know. Thanks wink.gif

Why's Ed always wearing that outfit?
Isn't he supposed to wear the military uniform?
Or the outfit he's always wearing IS a kind of military uniform?
If so, why's Al wearing that same outfit as well?

Sorry bothering you but I want to know. Thank you rolleyes.gif
Electrastar
Woah.
Alphonse really wants to look like Edward as much as he can. I bet that he'll get confused with him in Amestris all the time and that he'll be called the Fullmetal Alchemist. I mean, he looks just like him and has a huge armor following around as well.
Azura Elric
Yep, the suit of armor adds the finishing touches to how people remember fullmetal by lol.
lialiakicks
WTH's up with the armor's head...? O_<

Oh well. At least Al's still cute. *glomps*
Fresh_Coffee
Al looks too much like Edward not to much for my liking...
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Jun 3 2005, 04:03 PM)
Al looks too much like Edward not to much for my liking...

Well, he is Eduardo's brother. But yes, he does look too much like him. Maybe because at first they wanted to ellude people to beleive that that was Ed, not Al. Al has circles in his gloves, kind of like Kimbly. I guess it is constructive alchemy that he has on his gloves, since that is mostly what he uses in the show.

[spoiler]Al was returned to his body at the age of 10 at the end of the show since that is when he was taken by the Gate, right? Just to verify...[/spoiler]
NightMistress
[spoiler]Yes. So that should make him 12 in the movie. And with Ed being 18, he's now 6 years older instead of 1. [/spoiler]
Toby-Chan
Oh, good! Rose and Winry are gonna be there. X3

I'm reaaally wondering what's gonna be the deal with Wrath and Envy. Rrgh. Waiting bites.
Edo-mame
Yes, one Edo is enough, I liked Al the way he was but I guess that can't be helped, I just hope his personality hasn't changed. What if Al gets mistaken for the Fullmetal Alchemist and gets arrested... ? I also liked it better when Edo wasn't so much older than Al for soem reason.
Merc
This was already translated on the web site awhile back. Sycia I believe translated those pieces. It's in the news section somewhere.

~Merc
Fullmetal Fangirl
Those scans are scarey....especially that armor thing...*hides behind Edo-mame*

LOL, does anybody know what the hell it is? His companion? Like Ed had Al as a suit of amor so Al gets that thing?
xrninja
moving to the movie section ~~>
TheVileOne
Could that be the ultimate auto-mail Winry said she was making?
OMNI Enforcer
They look great. Its also good to see Wrath, Winry, and Rose. Whats with that armor though?
Shinobi Alchemist
hmm...I wonder what's up with that armor...and Al are kind of cool in Ed's outfit and hairdoo tongue.gif
Al also has transmution circles on his gloves...he may have become a State Alchemist in the movie cool.gif
the drifter
i was looking in the live journal community and found this juicy translated note.
the images appeare to be in chinese but i dunno.
i did not translate any of this so do not give me credit for any tranlating i just want to share with you what i found about the fullmetal alchemist movie:

i'll just translate the bit in the bottom left of the first pic. if anyone wants translations of everything, just tell me and i'll try my best happy.gif

A big earthquake has happened!
What has happened to the Alchemist world?
Because of the invasion of the military and the large transmutation by Scar, Lior has become a tarnished place. In order to reinstate this place, Alex Louis Armstrong decided to retire from the army and work as a businessman.

One day, an earthquake suddenly happened in Lior, a strange transmutation circle appeared in the center of the city and a lot of armours swirled in the air! These armours destroyed everything wherever they came across, making the people run away frantically. In the midst of the danger a strong tornado appeared, swirling all the armours into mid air! This tornado was transmutated by a boy wearing a long red coat, Alphonse Elric! Al, who is 13 years old, has already become a excellent Alchemist, he can even put a part of his "soul" into an armour and control it, showing an amazing power.

On the other side, Central city also was hit by a strong earthquake, causing lots of buildings to fall and the ground was severly cracked, making the whole city suffer great damage. Roy and Riza who were working in central started to investigate, and found a large underground city! Is the earthquake that happened in Lior and Central just a coincidence or do they have any relationship? Where did the mysterious armour come from? What dangers will the Alchemist world face?

[edit again]
the white box thingy in the top right corner of the first picture:
People in the Alchemist world (left to right)
Armour: An armour that Ed sees, it's the same model/type as the one Al's soul used to be in, it could be said as a strange "reunion".
Warth: Disappeared after having automail equipped on him, wonder how will he appear again?
Roze: Lived in Rizenbul for some time, she is now going back to Lior to help with the recovering.
Winry: After she's grown up, she become more mature and has returned from training in Rush Valley. Her skill/technique must have become much better.

under the 3rd trailer pictures:
Crossing world
To get the gate towards Shambala, Ed heads towards the mysterious oraganization, Thule Society. What aim does the Thule Society have? What is ther relationship between this and what is happening in the Alchemist world?

IPB Image IPB Image
NightMistress
Thank you for the translations. Man this sounds so confusing. We get something new with every new ad that pops up. 3 weeks to go!
ling*
Thanks laugh.gif
Do you have a bigger scan of that mag article? Do you know which mag is it from?
YAY!!! Only 3 more weeks to go!!!
xrninja
why does everything happen to Lior? poor Lior.

(threads merged, since they're regarding the same scans.)
POTOPHREAK
Thank you so much the drifter!

Roy and Riza are working together in central yay!!! yay!!! yay!!!
Which magazine is this??
交差的世界...
Maybe Shambala is a "crossing place" of the Alchemy world and our world.
Sirya
QUOTE(the drifter @ Jul 3 2005, 05:07 AM)
Al, who is 13 years old, has already become a excellent Alchemist, he can even put a part of his "soul" into an armour and control it, showing an amazing power.

that is pretty neat smile.gif
the drifter
what really troubles me is the fact that al can put his soul in armors and control them. if he is controling it he will probaly need to be in a meditated state while his soul is in the armors. if it breaks or if something happens to his body while in such a state it could be the end for young alphonse
<3 <3 <3 Rose! biggrin.gif

Good to see she's still around.
AliCat
QUOTE(the drifter @ Jul 3 2005, 05:07 AM)
Al, who is 13 years old, has already become a excellent Alchemist, he can even put a part of his "soul" into an armour and control it, showing an amazing power.

*sputter* He can do what now?

*gigglesnort* Is this some odd side effect that no one could have predicted? I mean, it wouldn't really be a side effect but that is a strange twist. He spent years locked up in a suit of armor, trying to get out (even if he doesn't really remember it), and now he occasionally wants back in? I'd like to see how Ed would react to that one...

Al: Look what I can do! *puts a piece of his soul in the suit of armor and starts controling it*

Ed: ohmy.gif
Tiger_Chimera
QUOTE(AliCat @ Jul 3 2005, 07:23 PM)
Al: Look what I can do! *puts a piece of his soul in the suit of armor and starts controling it*

Ed: ohmy.gif
[snapback]205275[/snapback]

Lol, I can actually see that happening. Anyway, the armor looks really freaky.Al looks cool, though.Now, about the translation.It had soul in quotation marks, so maybe it is saying that he can make the armor do anything he does (EX. Al claps his hands together, the armor claps it's hands together). Just my crappy theory. biggrin.gif
TheVileOne
Ok so putting things together. I assume that giant suit of armor attacked the rebuilt Lior? And I'm also assuming the hidden underground city that Riza and Roy find is the one Ed finds and goes through to Dante's lair near the end of the series.
the drifter
yeah but something else is troubling me.

at the ep 51 while he was still in the land of alchemy Ed told rose that she should leave and take wrath with her because he was gonna destroy the city so nobody would ever look for/creat the philospher stone ever again....so how is the city still around?
seems bones can't even keep their versions of anime right
Sirya
I was under impression he just said so to get away Roze from there, so she couldn't stop him from what he was doing.
Besides, I really don't think he knew what was going to happen - but if he said that to Roze, what's the point for her to tell the others if it's gonne be destroyed?

and, did we knew that the city was still there afterwards? or is it something that comes from the movie? unsure.gif
Satsuka
Movie Scan01Movie Scan02Movie Scan03

SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE IT (I got it from www.central-city.org)

OMG ROYAI
AliCat
Translating it might be an issue...some of the symbols are so small they are just little blurs.

It was fun to see the pictures though biggrin.gif
Saturn Stars
I agree that the characters are extremely small, and there isn't any new infor there anyway really. It's stuff that's best left to wait for the movie
IronFlame
Hmm the "lior" I've seen in these fansubs is Reole?
Kasumi
Reole... Well, that's a spelling I've never considered before. laugh.gif

Weird, I thought I saw "Liore" somewhere in the manga before, but going through the Perfect Guide Book, Liore/Reole isn't listed.
_alchemist
one word: HOHENHEIM!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Lust's Stalker
I've seen "Liore", "Lior" and "Riore". In the dub I believe it's Lior as well as the manga, though it's not 100%, one could suppose that it's supposed to be Lior in the JP anime as well.

One thing that I found wierd was that every character on the 3rd page had a screen shot of them from the movie beside them except Sheska, her's is a screen of her and Winry tapping Sloth's phoneline (you can tell because Winry's outfit is that of the military (which is obvious due to it being blue with that white collar part))

I wonder why there are no movie screens of her?
Kaiko
Ooh Al's skills have really improved! This just adds on to all the excitement already! xD
Saturn Stars
It annoys me, it's like they are making a mini Edward. Al is Al. Edward is Edward. I think I am going to have trouble knowing which is which in the movie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.