Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When Girls Beat Up Guys
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga
Pages: 1, 2
MasterKris
From all the mangas I usually read, girls beating up guys is very common. So I wanted to see how many there are in the manga world. (also anime world too) Here, I'll start. Winry beating up Ed.
Electrastar
You mean beat up as in, the girl-gets-angry-and-sends-the-guy-flying type right ? In that case, I'll name the classic Akane beating up Ranma...man she sent that poor guy flying through walls a hundred times during that series, both anime and manga. laugh.gif
MasterKris
You mean beat up as in, the girl-gets-angry-and-sends-the-guy-flying type right ?
Yep, exactly. biggrin.gif
mongooseboi
naru gives the 1337 naru-punch to kietaro.
Electrastar
When Lina slaps around Gourry in The Slayers. Their quarrels are frequent...but classic if you ask me.
Jen_Elric
In fruits Basket, Kagura Sohma beats up Kyo Sohma, but that's because she loves him. XD
In Inuyasha, Sango slaps Miroku, and Kagome "Sits" Inuyasha.
艾德华
well i've seen asuka beating up negi but not really often.... tongue.gif
Azura Elric
Rosette beating up Chrono...almost all the time lol. You think a demon would revolt after being whacked and pushed around so many times. [Chrono Crusade]
Zarpia
I like when Kagome yells "Sit" at Inuyasha, or when Sango slaps Miroku in the face...

Is not actually beating up, but close...
sharpieaddicted
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jun 2 2005, 09:12 PM)
[snapback]184394[/snapback]

keitaro*

i love love hina laugh.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Azura Elric @ Jun 3 2005, 01:17 PM)
Rosette beating up Chrono...almost all the time lol. You think a demon would revolt after being whacked and pushed around so many times. [Chrono Crusade]
[snapback]184631[/snapback]

Chrno's just too nice to fight back tongue.gif
Xagest
I still love the part where Riza kicks Roy's legs out from under him when he was trying to do his flame in the rain.

Moral of the story.. Women are very.. VERY dangerous ph34r.gif
Mad Wanderer
Kaori in City Hunter with the giant hammer among other thiings.

Doesn't DS get beat up by girls in Bastard! too ?

And of course Yuske in Yuyu Hakusho.

smile.gif
MasterKris
Anna from Shaman King beats up Yoh. No, she nearly just KILLS him! biggrin.gif She beats him up so much that Yoh said Anna was a demon that escaped from h*ll.
Latina Nina
Love Hina: Naru and Keitoru, AI Love You: Satai beats up Hitoshi or Toni beats up Hitoshi, Flame of Recca: Foku kicks alot of asses, Inu- yasha: Sango and Miroku and thats all what i can think of for now, oh yeah Noir: 2 girls that are killers, and yup that it, thats all what i can think of
Karo
Yep. Naru and Keitaro. In the manga and Anime Naru constantly knocks keitaro out and sends him flying. Funny biggrin.gif
Kihaku
Oh gosh.. I hate it when the girls beat up guys.. It's not fair considering that they can't counter attack.... I pretty much hate all female characters like that.. . (well I like Kagura though).
It depends on the situation though... The part with Roy and Riza (not actually qualified as beating) was for his own good.
Now girls kicking ass (and beating guys at it) is a different thing though wink.gif.

Hmm.. Kaname and Sousuke... Poor Sousuke...
MasterKris
There would also be Sana beating up Akito from Kodocha.
mongooseboi
QUOTE(艾德华 @ Jun 3 2005, 08:34 AM)
well i've seen asuka beating up negi but not really often.... tongue.gif
[snapback]184596[/snapback]

you mean asuna, if you are referring to mahou sensei negima

QUOTE(sharpieaddicted @ Jun 3 2005, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jun 2 2005, 09:12 PM)

keitaro*

[snapback]184884[/snapback]

*thanks. its been ages since i saw it and im forgetting their names hehe
Wandering Namekian
In Dragon Ball Bulma beats up Roshi and Oolong, because they're perverts (and when Chi-Chi was younger she threw something into Roshi's head to test him). Dragon Ball has a lot more of female characters yelling instead of beating the male characters up, it seems to have a similar effect though.

In Yu Yu Hakusho Keiko and Botan hit almost all the characters at one time or another.
Koneko_chan
Fullmetal Alchemist (obviously)

FLCL

I'm ashamed to say Pokemon. I watched it in the 1st grade. -__-

Ack! I can't think of any more!
MasterKris
Fullmetal Alchemist (obviously)

FLCL

I'm ashamed to say Pokemon. I watched it in the 1st grade. -__-

Ack! I can't think of any more!

What in the world are you talking about??
Christallie Kalric
DC, ran beats shinichi up at 1st episode, before he was strunk... She also kicked a lot of guys' ass with her karate.
Too much to name in Magister Negi Magi...
beyondredemption
Yuya of Samerai Deeper Kyo beats up Benitora and sometimes Kyoshiro, although Benitora enjoys it a little too much for comfort... biggrin.gif
MonsterEnvy
[quote=sharpieaddicted,Jun 3 2005, 07:19 PM][quote=mongooseboi,Jun 2 2005, 09:12 PM]naru gives the 1337 naru-punch to kietaro.

[/quote]
keitaro*

[snapback]184884[/snapback]

[/quote]
*thanks. its been ages since i saw it and im forgetting their names hehe
[/quote]
Yay, I love love hina too... but it's not only naru-keitaro, it's also su-keitaro, motoko-keitaro, sara-keitaro, and the rarer (but not unseen) shinobu-keitaro and kitsune-keitaro.

Let's not forget about haruka-seta either!

In Naruto, Tsunade seriously beats up Jiraiya, even though you don't actually see it. Sakura gets naruto once in a while too, i think.
Venus Alchemist
Zatch Bell- Tia beats up Zatch
Starsword
I can think of a few instances.

Full Metal Alchemist

The first one would be the episdoe of FMA when Winry smacked Ed in the head with her wrench for cheating during the arm wresteling contest in Rush Vally. Another would be when Pinoko Rockbell started throwing things at Ed after he called her a "backwards old bat" since she told him human Alchemy is forbidden.

Naruto

My favorite instance of female physical abuse against guys would be in the "Forest of Death" when Naruto was trying to take a leek infront of Sakura. She (of cource) wacked Naruto upside the head and told him to do his business in a bush.

Roruni Kenshin

There are several instances when Kaoru beats up on Kenshin for one reason or another. The first one was when Kenshin burst in on her when she was taking a bath. Kenshin thought She was attempting to commit suicide by drowning herself. Another instance was during the Megumi/Kanryu plot arch that first introduced that phycotic doctor we all know and love (Megumi Tanaki). In the Manga, after a few days of waiting for Sanosuke to wake up after being beaten on very badly by Saito, Megumi slapped Sanosuke in the face while he was still unconcious. What she said was probabbly my favorite quote from that show EVER. laugh.gif

"Wake up you, or I'll start shopping for a coffin!"

-Megumi Tanaki

Kitty Alchemist
Ranma 1/2 - Akane beat up Ranma
Naruto - Sakura beat up Naruto
Slayer - Lena beat up a lot of guys when she mad or hungry
Fullmetal Alchemist - Winry beat up Edward
Shaman King - Anna beat up Yoh
Inuyasha - Kagame beat up Inuyasha and Sango beat up Miroku
Venus Alchemist
All the girls in Ranma 1/2 are to be feared.
Fayth Prophecy
Sakura, Kaoru, Megumi, and Winry are to be feared. Especially Winry and her wrench.
DZBrick6
One Piece - the manga, not so much in the anime...Nami beats the HELL outta those boys!

Trigun - Meryl seems to have it out for Vash a couple of times.

DragonBall GT - Pan's brutal towards both Trunks AND Grandpa Goku!! Granted, mostly through whining, but the occasional clout is there as well.

Samurai Champloo - Don't think I've ever seen Fuu go after Jin at all, but she does slug Mugen a few times.

IGPX - Takashi gets his clock cleaned by Liz...just sparring...

Cowboy BeBop - Faye might not ever hit them, but Jet and Spike sure do have to put up with a whole lot o' yelling and complaining...
Kel
These have been said already, but naru gives many a 1337 punch to kei. kagura is a deathbomb and winry has her flying wrench of death. Let's see...any more? Yuko beats up watanuki mentally...I know more but I just cant think right now ;-;
Kal Rommel
Once again, Chrono from Chrono Crusade...poor Chrono. He's so abused by Rosette ><;
The one time in Gravitation when Ayaka slapped Shu....;_; Not a recurring violence...she's evil anyways.
There's Sei from Kaze Hikaru...given her situation, she's apt to attack the guys when the situation gets too uncomfortable >>;
Definitely Winry beating up Ed ><; Poor Edo.
I'm scanning my manga shelves...but I really can't think of anyone else. The Inuyasha girls are obvious....Oh well.
>>;
Can't really think of anything...-ish lame-
Panda_Battle
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jun 2 2005, 12:23 PM) [snapback]184172[/snapback]

From all the mangas I usually read, girls beating up guys is very common. So I wanted to see how many there are in the manga world. (also anime world too) Here, I'll start. Winry beating up Ed.

nauto: sakura knocks out naruto teeth and beats him up really bad when he starts doing perverted ninjusto like transforming into a naked girl.
beyondredemption
Remi from Rebirth, although, to give her credit, she only punches perverts, and especially Eiji.
Bakka
in bleach ive seen Rukia beat up Ichigo
Longsword
This goes all the way back to Urusei Yatsura with Lum zapping Ataru all the time. That might be what started it all...

In fact it is so damn common in anime now that it is almost more difficult to think of a series where girls do NOT beat up guys... Hokuto No Ken is the only one I can think off the top off my head -Kenshiro is just way too bad-ass to be hit by any of the girls -Mamiya tries hard, though!

In fact, I'd be curious if there are any mainsteam anime where the guys beat up girls (no, hentai does not count). Not that I especially want to see such things, just more curious if it ever happens...
Hanozo
When Anna beats the crap out of Yoh and Horo Horo and etc.
Sakura beat up Naruto
Kaurou (can't spell it) punches kenshin and rapidly smacking him in the head with the bamboo sword. laugh.gif
and thats all i can think of for now.
Jato
I love when, in Bleach, Yachiru Kusajishi, the little girl, turns around and just freaks the heck of of a messenger. Its not exactly a beat down, but she could, and they both knew it.
Longsword
QUOTE(Jato @ Oct 25 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]465467[/snapback]

I love when, in Bleach, Yachiru Kusajishi, the little girl, turns around and just freaks the heck of of a messenger. Its not exactly a beat down, but she could, and they both knew it.

She does bite Ikkaku on the head, though... That's gotta count for something!

I mean, look at it! XD

IPB Image
Jato
QUOTE(Longsword @ Oct 25 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]465471[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jato @ Oct 25 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]465467[/snapback]

She does bite Ikkaku on the head, though... That's gotta count for something!

I mean, look at it! XD

IPB Image

Aaaah! Its a werewolf child! Shes so cute!
pawnedbyme
Sakura beats up Naruto when he acts perverted from Naruto (happens a lot can't remember all of them)
Edward Elric_is_Love
Love Hina- Poor Keitaro...he's just in the wrong places at the wrong times... tongue.gif
Evangelion - Asuka's wailed on poor Shinji quite a few times.
Trigun - When Meryl's pissed at Vashie-kun

Obviously FMA and Inuyasha...That's all I can think of off the top of my head...
miracle_flame_alchemist147
The one in Death Note where L/Ryuuzaki was explaining his plan to Light and Misa, then Misa was like "no way am I gonna seduce them, i already have Light!!" and then Misa started doing something to L/Ryuuzaki's head/hair but I'm not sure if its considered her beating up a guy

or the one in vandread there are loads of scenes where girls beat up the guys
Drakenzar
This one is my fav
Kenchin getting some from Kori

Mudkipblader
FMA...

Pokemon: Misty puts Ash a few times back on his place.
And let's not forget Misty's attempts to get Brock away from the girls. She hits him a lot XD
Beyblade: Hilary's fights with Tyson.
Not really beating up, but I think remembering Hilary once hitting Tyson.
Kal Rommel
If there was an anime of W Juliet, Ito would be beating up guys all the time. She's just cool that way.

I forget the girl's name in Whislte!, and I'm just too lazy to check...but half the time she totally pwns the guys...always fun to see guys get their butts kicked in soccer.
Bakka
HMMM girls dont beat up guys in.......ya im stumped
Colette
Haduko beats up Ta-kun in FLCL (Yes, I butchered the names, I don't care.)
Fujihakama
Has anyone mentioned Ryoko beating Shizuma to a pulp yet? (Real Bout Highschool)
Oh and don't forget about Chidori's paper fan wacking sessions at Sousuke. (Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.