Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Countdown for "FMA CoS Movie Release on Big Screen" Daily Fanart!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2
MSqre
Ok, I live on the other side of the globe, so it's officially 12.22am 03/06/05 now, which means it's 50 more days to go til the FMA movie debut!

I decided to do an artistic 50 day "countdown" til 23rd July. (because I was bored)
I did two pieces but I'm too embrassed to show my handdrawn one cause I spoilt it while inking and I'm not proud of this either :

50 More Days!

I was thinking that it might by fun if more people join me in the "countdown", so anyone want to join me and show your artistic talent? =)
Omakase Shimasu
Grand idea! biggrin.gif Although I'm really not that artistic... at all, I'll be sure to add in my own two cents one of these remaining days. wink.gif

X3 Muwaha, great choice in Ed-shots by the way. Love it! (Oh, but I really want to see your handdrawn piece too! Please? smile.gif I'm sure it's not bad at all)
Azura Elric
Ooh I'll join in the fun. ^__^ ...maybe you should set something up...like one person takes 40-49, another takes 30-39 and so forth.
Phyco girl
Great idea! I'll have my pic up by tomarrow!
a very long time waiting for but how long must we wait for see the movie, i mean i don't live in Japan so i gonna wait for some torrent i guess............... the time is longer that i thought ph34r.gif
hagane_no_tokage
ufufufufu, i'm kidnapping my sister and we're going to japan for like 3 days to see syambala and advent children. movie field trip!!!

i'll do some art! so who's got what days now? we should set up a schedule! biggrin.gif
Edo-mame
Sign me up!

Tokage: Lucky you, but going to Japan just to see a movie or two is too crazy for me. And Advent Children has a theatre release in Japan? I thought that it was just a univerasal release of the DVD/UMD. I check adventchildren.net everyday and didn't read anything like that.
MSqre
Hmmm, I was thinking of letting everyone who wants to join choose their own number and post what number they would be doing so that nobody takes that number... (but I'm afraid that this way some number would be skipped... )Maybe we should try this method of choosing numbers first?

Then, if any number are skipped, we either volunteer to do the number or try a new method of choosing numbers.

This way, we would know which number is chosen and which is left out.

I don't want to appoint anyone any number because it might be too much to do or too little time.

Oh, and everyone can join, whether good artist or not or pencil artist or digital artist. =)
Phyco girl
I already did a picture for the 49th day (today)http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Phycogirl/49days2.jpg

I hope nobody minds that I did that though. I didn't read the posts below my first post so... yeah.

Well I hope you like it anyways. Sign me up and PM me a schedule happy.gif
Hagane no Renzy
I'll sign up, definately. Can I be assigned a date?
MSqre
Ok, I'll assign dates only if you want to be assign to dates. But please post if anyone wants to change their numbers or if you wanna do two or more numbers.
And please give me a range of numbers you prefer to work on, so that I can assign you to a number which does dont put a stress on time management.

And for those who want to choose their own dates, just post the number you would want to do.

<>No. 48<> Anyone doing this number? I'm not assigning anyone this number 'cause someone might be doing it now.
<>No. 47<> Azura Elric
<>No. 46<> hagane_no_tokage
<>No. 45<> Edo-mame
<>No. 44<> Hagane no Renzy

Hey, thanks for doing <49>, Phyco girl, it's not bad smile.gif. But the trio below is kinda messy.
Phyco girl
QUOTE(MSqre @ Jun 4 2005, 06:53 AM)
Ok, I'll assign dates only if you want to be assign to dates. But please post if anyone wants to change their numbers or if you wanna do two or more numbers.
And please give me a range of numbers you prefer to work on, so that I can assign you to a number which does dont put a stress on time management.

And for those who want to choose their own dates, just post the number you would want to do.

<>No. 48<> Anyone doing this number? I'm not assigning anyone this number 'cause someone might be doing it now.
<>No. 47<> Azura Elric
<>No. 46<> hagane_no_tokage
<>No. 45<> Edo-mame
<>No. 44<> Hagane no Renzy

Hey, thanks for doing <49>, Phyco girl, it's not bad smile.gif. But the trio below is kinda messy.
[snapback]185079[/snapback]

Thanks. The trio is sorta supposed to be cartoonish not all neat so I guess it's kind of messy. I think I messed up on somethings since I was in a hurry happy.gif Sorry! I can't wait to see everyone's fanart/countdown pieces!
Fullmetal Fangirl
May i join in?
MSqre
Of course you can, Fangirl! smile.gif How 'bout doing 43?

Aww man, we missed 48......
Fullmetal Fangirl
What day is 43?! I forgot were we're up to! The numbers on my MSN display name but i lost count... *sweatdrop* is 43 on Wednesday or somthing? Ill do a fanart on it...somehow
Edo-mame
Err, I kinda lost count too, but it doesn't really matter if it's late is it? But then again it defeats the purpose...
MSqre
For the western side, it's No. <47>, for me (SE Asia,GMT+8), it'd 28mins past the end of No. <47>.

No. 50 is err...3rd of June?
and 49 is 4th of June.
48 -> 05/06/05 (Yesterday, Sunday)
and so on ... ... ... Edo-mame's turn would be on 08/06/05 (Wednesday).
Fangirl's turn would be on 10/06/05 (Friday).

I don't mind if it's late, I just wanna have some fun. smile.gif

Omakase Shimasu, I won't assign any number to you because I thought you might be busy and all. But if you plan on doing any number, just tell us. smile.gif Thanks for the comment on my picture anyway and sorry I can't show you the handdrawn one even if I want to. *Glares at scanner*
Omakase Shimasu
Thanks for the consideration, but I'll do one of those countdown pictures, even if it kills me. biggrin.gif Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get one done anytime soon. I'll definitely give you a heads-up once I'm beginning my attempt. wink.gif

Regarding your handrawn picture: It's a shame, because I'm sure I wouldn't have been the only one to enjoy it. smile.gif (You will give me a word when your scanner isn't being such a pain, right? *__*)
Fullmetal Fangirl
This was like, teh speedy sketch, sorry im ALWAYS in a hurray for no reason!!

IPB Image

but like, who cares? LOL, not me...btw, whos good with colouring in Photoshop?
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Jun 7 2005, 05:18 AM)
This was like, teh speedy sketch, sorry im ALWAYS in a hurray for no reason!!

IPB Image

but like, who cares? LOL, not me...btw, whos good with colouring in Photoshop?
[snapback]186690[/snapback]

I usually color in Paintshop Pro 8. I guess I just got used to it after awhile happy.gif Oh, by the way, nice sketch! I think Edo-mame was supposed to do that one though... oh well.

@MSgre: are we going to have an ongoing cycle of people if nobody else applies? Because I'd like to do another one sometime if possible biggrin.gif
MSqre
uuuooo, nice sketch, Fangirl. Let us see if it's going to be coloured, I think it would be nice. biggrin.gif

@Phyco girl: Not too sure about the ongoing cycle because somepeople might be busy, but you can do another smile.gif .
Edo-mame
Eh...? My number ;__; Lucky I didn't finish with mine yet and put numbers on it XD I'll still be doing 45 though Fullmetal Fangirls is nice too. I have a big test tomorrow so I don't know if I can make it (theres going to be a lot fo characters...)!
silver bg
thats cool
Fullmetal Fangirl
Ok ok ^^" sorry i cant count, and your on the other side of the Earth...its either, im behind, or you're behind
POTOPHREAK
Pleeasseee let me join....
Just assign me a random date please! It may take a day or two though for the art to be finished. not really good at art but wanna join the fun biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
Gimme a day and I shall (Try to!) do it. biggrin.gif
MSqre
Random date? (Somewhere between 37-42?)...Eni, meni, maini, moe... POTOPHREAK can take 41 which falls on 12/06/05, Sunday. And Toby-chan can take 42 or something, whatever number you like. :]

...(Setting up a schedule is probably one of the last things I ever want to do... I can't even do my study schedule tongue.gif, always stopped after designing the grid... haha)

If you're doing another one Phyco girl, just tell us the no. :]

Dang, we missed a few numbers.
Fullmetal Fangirl
Ive done this picture of Munich Ed and Al and and theres a space on top, since i havnt really finished it, so if you can gimme a number, i can put that on top...lol, jus any number, a little bit of randomness
MSqre
Uh... today's the 9th of june, which means there's another 1, 2, 3 ...uh, 44 more days? Why don't you put 44?
Defade
Hey, cool idea!
Can I join in? Best be one of the Saturdays.
And by the way, does anyone know about these counters?
http://www.notashrimp.com/countdown.htm
The credit goes to nalavashi for making them.
MitsukiKouyama
I'd like to try one. ^^ But I won't be able to do any between June 12th and June 18th (going to sleepaway computer camp-type-thing ^^), or between June 23rd and July 9th (going to Colorado until July 8th, and then Yasumi Anime Convention on July 9th happy.gif).

I might actually get to go to Japan from July 13th to July 27th. Which means I might be there to see it in theaters in Japan! ^______________^ I hope they have theaters that show the movies with English subtitles, though, because I only know very little Japanese. X_x Also, I should probably get tickets. @_@
hagane_no_tokage
whoops! i'm sorry, i didn't check back in time and i missed my date... u_u suimasen! can i be assigned a new day? happy.gif;;;
Phyco girl
Wow O.o This is getting confusing eh? Well I'll do another one, how about something in the 30's? I need to purchase a Paint Shop Pro program since I was using the free trial before.

Just assign me any number in the 30's and that'd be great!

You know what would be cool? If someone took all our pictures and put them in a Devinart accout! Someone who wants to do that can. Then everyone can veiw the countdown pics and at the end if we're missing some, some people can just fill those in happy.gif
Toby-Chan
Alrighty. 42 (Monday) sounds good.
Saturn Stars
are we keeping in mind that um japan is a day ahead of USA? I bet most of you are americans, I am australian and japan is one hour ahead of us I think... so it's about 42 days now... can I be assigned to the day before *grins*
MSqre
(Arg... sorry for not being here these days, for some reason, I can't connect to fullmetal-alchemist.com.)

O.o I'm confused too. Let me clarify the schedules and stuff starting from No. 50.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<50> Fri 03/06 --------------- Done by Me
<49> Sat 04/06 -------------- Done by Phyco Girl
<48> Sun 05/06 -------------- Not Done
<47> Mon 06/06 -------------- Not Done
<46> Tue 07/06 -------------- Not Done
<45> Wed 08/06 ------------- Done by Fullmetal Fangirl
<44> Thur 09/06 ------------- Not Done
<43> Fri 10/06 ---------------- Not Done
<42> Sat 11/06 ------------- Done by Toby-Chan
<41> Sun 12/06 ------------- Done by POTOPHREAK

:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3 TODAY :3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3:3
<40> Mon 13/06 ------------- Volunteers, Anyone?
<39> Tues 14/06 ------------- Volunteers, Anyone?
<38> Wed 15/06 --------------Volunteers, Anyone?
<37> Thur 16/06 -------------- To be done by Hagane_no_Tokage, ok? smile.gif
<36> Fri 17/06 ---------------- To be done by Phyco Girl, ok ?
<35> Sat 18/06 ---------------- To be done by Defade
<34> Sun 19/06 ---------------- Volunteers, Anyone?
<33> Mon 20/06 ---------------- Volunteers, Anyone?
<32> Tue 21/06 ---------------- To be done by MitsukiKuoyama
<7> Sat 16/06 ------------------ To be done by Phyco Girl. Yay!
<1> Day before the movie!! ------------------------Saturn Stars. and Fullmetal Fangirl
* Any problems with the schedule just say so, I will edit and rearrange the schedule. smile.gif*

@Toby-chan, 42's today, Saturday according to the forum clock, not Monday.

@Saturn Stars, you want to do the day b4 the movie which is number 1, right?
Saturn Stars
Tis 41 days today I think, *checks diary!*

Hai, hai! 41 days till it comes out in JAPAN! YATA!

Yes! I really, really want to do the day before which is one. Or take the actual day it comes out. UWAH!!!! I got to get going on some good art. It will just be a drawing... I don't have a scanner! Never fear. I will find a way somehow. It's for the sake of the fma movie!
Toby-Chan
Sorry tis a day late, but I dun the 42.

My handwriting sucks. In any language. Blah.

IPB Image

It says ("Mama wo kaese")
Phyco girl
36 is fine with me happy.gif I'll have to do it on paint. It'll be a pain because paint is SO slow. If I get my paint shop pro 9 by then it'll be done faster though.

Either way 36 is fine with me happy.gif Oh, can I do the 7th day too? I have a good idea for that one *evil smile*

Today: 40 in Japan
Today:41 in US
Tomarrow: You get the point right?
Fullmetal Fangirl
I wanna do 1 aswell as Saturn too. LOL yay! Ok, ill do one of them, ill decide when i do it if you dun mind, and very nice there Toby ^^
POTOPHREAK
Toby-Chan, yours is sooo cute...

here is my ugly pic:

ECK please don't flame, I've never done fanart before.

*hides in a corner*
MSqre
@POTOPHREAK, it doesn't look too bad, but it took me a while to figure out why the wrenches were arranged so neaty...

Ok, I updated the schedule. Look up there! The changes are in italics.

Anyone volunteer for 40? My 40 is about to end in three hours...
Digitalgirl
I did a 40...it's really bad, but I made it!

IPB Image

*argh!!* i forgot to add "till the movie"*

cause snakes are green...
Toby-Chan
My little sister took 34! happy.gif She's also going to take another randome day.

Hey Phyco Girl- Can I trade you for day 7? Pweeaaase?

I'll take 31 and 30.

Lil' sis wants number 4.
Dark_Flame_Alchemist
Interesting very interesting i had no idea that a movie was coming out
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 13 2005, 10:47 AM)
My little sister took 34!  happy.gif She's also going to take another randome day.

Hey Phyco Girl-  Can I trade you for day 7?  Pweeaaase?

I'll take 31 and 30. 

Lil' sis wants number 4.
[snapback]191305[/snapback]

No way Toby! *squeezes #7*

Uh, sorry about that happy.gif I want seven though, that's why I called it. Why do you want 7 though? I really wanted to do it (I have a good idea) We maybe could both do 7though. I have the notion we're thinking of the same thing though. (<---- WAY too many "thoughs")

Hint: It has something to do with a phone, Maes Hughes, and Edward Elric happy.gif

NICE PICS EVERYONE!!!
Toby-Chan
We have like the same idea... only mine's a little different.

Let me give you some hints; it has to to with Wrath, a well, and a tattered white Samara dress.

Collaberate? biggrin.gif
Hagane no Renzy
*looks down* Please smake me for my irrepsonsibility. Can I pretty pretty please have a pre-assigned, very preffereabely later date? Please? Thank you so much and again sorry about my lack of date!

Or...do you want me to still do that date?
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 13 2005, 08:17 PM)
We have like the same idea... only mine's a little different.

Let me give you some hints; it has to to with Wrath, a well, and a tattered white Samara dress.

Collaberate? biggrin.gif
[snapback]191658[/snapback]

Yes, we have the same sort of idea. I guess the "Seven days" thing isn't that original. I'll pm you what I waw thinking.

BTW, what do you think of my devinart gallery idea? I can create a new account and PM all you guys the password if you want to do it.
anime_manga_fan
*joins in*

I can't wait! So long... ;-;

I drew a picture of Edward! ^^

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.