Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theory On Dante And Gluttony In Episode 51
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Merc
I'm under the assumption that Dante ate Gluttony. LOL, It was either eat or be eaten, so she clapped her hands and turned Gluttony into a salisbury steak, whereupon she ate him quickly and jumped through the hole in the elevator for no apparently reason. ph34r.gif

In short for everything you have wondered until now, I honestly think our answer will come in the movie. And since it's very evident that Gluttony does NOT show up in the movie, I'm under the grand assumption that he is, indeed, very much dead.

~Merc
Electrastar
QUOTE(Merc @ Jun 2 2005, 07:03 PM)
I'm under the assumption that Dante ate Gluttony. LOL, It was either eat or be eaten, so she clapped her hands and turned Gluttony into a salisbury steak, whereupon she ate him quickly and jumped through the hole in the elevator for no apparently reason.  ph34r.gif

In short for everything you have wondered until now, I honestly think our answer will come in the movie. And since it's very evident that Gluttony does NOT show up in the movie, I'm under the grand assumption that he is, indeed, very much dead.

~Merc
[snapback]184387[/snapback]

What makes you say that he doesn't show up in the movie ? I dunno, maybe you know more than me, but so far, the storyline of the movie has been wrapped up tight....and there's no telling who will be in it (other than the main characters we are all aware of) and who's not gonna be in it. So maybe Gluttony's in it, maybe not....
«°~Envy™~°»
Good theory but I am more to believe that Gluttony ate Dante

but one thing is for sure, unless Dante was able to kill Gluttony he's alive
ling*
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jun 3 2005, 09:15 AM)
If she took a humonculus' body, she wouldn't decay at all. Humonculi's bodies can regenerate and live forever as long as they have red stones in them.
[snapback]184348[/snapback]

If so, then why she never tried that out before? huh.gif

I'm not sure, but when I watch that scene,
I had the impression that Dante was eaten by Gluttony.

But refer to what GUEST had said...........
Toby-Chan
Homunculi aren't meant to have souls, right? Then perhaps if she transferred her soul in to a homunculus body, it might regect it even more quickly than a human's.

Otherwise, Maybe Ed might have tried to transfer Al's soul into a homunculus body... Forced Envy to shapeshift into Alphonse or something. XD
Edo-mame
Thats true, if it had a soul, it wouldn't be a homunculus anymore would it... but my guess is that the body would still be able to retain the homunculus' abilities. And if I were Dante and wanted to test if souls rotted in homunculus bodies I would tranfer my soul into Lust... not Gluttony of all people.

But I don't think its so much that the body rejects the soul, but that the soul is tranfered so much that it wears down (Hohenheim says this) and I don't think souls were meant to live for so long so there has to be a limit to when the soul runs out too.

And I would beat the brainz of BONES if they made Edo transfer Al's soul into Envy's body, they wanted their original bodies, not artificially made ones that were fined tuned with the red stones. Plus transfering souls like that goes against everything that Edo believes in.
uber_panda
Envy is still alive. In the movie they clearly explain this.
And the "president" Furher King Bradley is Pride.
Sloth, alive?
Heres a quote from a site (im not telling!!): Bio about Sloth "However, Wrath unknowingly plays a part in her death as he accidentally absorbs her (along with Trisha's bones he absorbed earlier), leaving her vulnerable to be turned into ethanol by Ed, causing her to dissipate into the atmosphere."

"as he accidentally absorbs her "
Could've Wrath absorbed part of her? Could she possibly live on in him?
Omakase Shimasu
I'm going to merge this wth the "Is Dante Dead?" topic. biggrin.gif;; Again, I didn't notice until now.
Amon
Small question. How could Gluttony try to eat Dante, or eat through the elevator's floor without a lower jaw?
Edo-mame
Um, you saw him eat a hole in the floor right? So he must have a lower jaw. When Al decomposed Gluttony using alchemy he only got rid of his lower teeth, not his entire jaw.
uber_panda
In truth, he wouldn't really need a lower jaw. Since his saliva is acidic (thats whole he could get through the floor so easily) and he can still control his tongue. And possibly in the absence of his lower jaw he can have his tongue act like one. If Gluttony did kill Dante, and he survived some how, then he would yes, eventually die. At some point Gluttony will die, because his incomplete Philosopher's Stone will at one point run out.

Dante is dead. No matter how many people say it, no matter how long they say it, she is dead. She wouldn't be able to transfer her soul into Gluttony, because she already used the last shard of the Philosopher's Stone, given to her by Hohenheim, to take Lyra's body. Thats why she needed Al in the first place. And if she even managed to survive, she still would be dead. Her body is decomposing, remember? In a couple of hours her entire body would be ashes.
Tombow
Because a large part of this discussion is for episode 51, I'm moving this from FMA Anime Character Discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum. smile.gif
badsymbiote
Old News--Gluttony ate Dante. She had it comin', too. I always thought that's what happened, but I never confirmed it until I read the Conqueror of Shamballa article in the September (?--maybe August) 2006 issue of Anime Isider. It featured brief character update bios bridge to gap the last episode to the movie.

I think I got the month right, but look for Ichigo Kurasaki on the cover, just to be sure.
Not even sure if I should finish this post...seems kind of unnecessary. I mean, we all saw what happened. But this should put the issue to rest, at least.
Ivory_Alchemist
Homunculi eat red water stones to gain strenght, don't they? And since [spoiler]Dante's soul has changed body so many times, a part of the Philosopher's Stone inside of her. When Gluttony ate her, he also ate this part of the stone, and this was the thing that provoked his new form[/spoiler] in the movie:

Click to view attachment
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3556/gl...nymovie2ce1.png

<Edited to switch posting of 1 oversize pic from Image posting to an Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. Also covered part of post with Spoiler tag. ^^ 05/19/07 ~Tombow>
Full Flame Alchemist
Hey wait! I made this thread!? ohmy.gif And it's still here? I don't even remember doing such a thing. It must have been a long time ago.
Anyway, after having seen the movie I now think that Dante was eaten and it serves her right too. biggrin.gif
spectre_vampire
**MOVIE SPOILERS HERE***

In the movie, [spoiler]Gluttony is discovered to still be in the underground city; he attacks Wrath and Al down there.[/spoiler] Also, [spoiler]on his side of the Gate, while Ed is dining with that movie director (alternate-version Pride), he catches a glimpse of a waitress who looks like Lyra. Apparently she shoots an angry look at him then walks away. Whether Lyra transferred herself to the other side is debatable, but it's possible.[/spoiler]
IttyBittyPretty
Perhaps she summoned the Gate when she clapped her hands and it took her. She's inside it now, no longer rotting, but still looking for a way to escape. I surmise (and this is just speculation) if BONES makes either a movie sequel or a 2nd series, Dante will show up to bedevil the Elric brothers once more. True evil can't die, it just crawls into a deep, dark hole and licks it's wounds for awhile. Then it come back, big as life, and twice as ugly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.