Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dvd Volume 3
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
AlphonseRules
<Moving from FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime Japanese Audience sun-forum where all DVD related threads are being collected currently. 02/21/07 ~Tombow.>

I went to Best Buy today to pick up Volume 3 and they didn't have it. I asked a guy that was working there when they might get it in and he said that they had gotten them about 3 weeks ago and he bought the last one. I thought he might have been joking or just meant one of the other volumes but he assured me that he already had Volume 3. I guess that they just got it way ahead of time and accidently put it on the shelf. Any other explanations?
ymsg
I don't know. A lot of stuff has come out early lately. Example- Fruits Basket b. 9 wasn't supposed to come out for two weeks, and it's already out.

A lot of the expected volumes are here already, which kinda throws me for a loop.
Jen_Elric
Well, Fruits Basket vol. 9 is a manga, and manga does go out early, depending on the bookstore (I'm guessing). But I'm not sure about DVD's. I remember when I went to Best Buy for the last Gravitation DVD (on the day it was supposed to be out), they didn't have it! They didn't get it until, like, a week later!
I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to get FMA DVD 3, so they better have it!!! >.<
«°~Envy™~°»
Vol.3 is already out over here as well for a couple of weeks

but I ain't going to get it, I already have all of the episodes in japanese, i won't get the english version untill they got all of them out or at least a set of them out
buddah_grl357
I got Volume 3 yesterday at FYE. I had checked at three other stores before finding it though. Every one else was sold out.
angieness
Best Buy is very bad about putting out street dated stuff heh the one around here also had them and vol 3 of Champlooo out (both DVDs were streetdated for the 31st). Didn't buy them since I always help out my coworkers by reserving stuff plus I like to use my discount at Suncoast. On the topic of street dated manga, usually unless it's supposed to be in a display we're never given a date so we just put it out. Waldenbooks does the same as well
«°~Envy™~°»
people find your nearest Suncoast they sell alot of anime and FMA vol 4 will be out later this month there, put your copy on reserve buy it now, just a helpfull advise, that's how I make sure i have my copy of whatever I want.

I just got My copy of Dragonball Z movie 1: The Dead Zone Special Edition yesterday, at Suncoast, and I reserved it a bit over a month ago, you don't even have to pay full price when you put things on reserve, just 5 bucks and they will hold it for you, and you can pay it all when it comes out.
Maes-Hughes
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Jun 1 2005, 01:23 PM)
people find your nearest Suncoast they sell alot of anime and FMA vol 4 will be out later this month there, put your copy on reserve buy it now, just a helpfull advise, that's how I make sure i have my copy of whatever I want.

I just got My copy of Dragonball Z movie 1: The Dead Zone Special Edition yesterday, at Suncoast, and I reserved it a bit over a month ago, you don't even have to pay full price when you put things on reserve, just 5 bucks and they will hold it for you, and you can pay it all when it comes out.
[snapback]183601[/snapback]

the only problem with suncoast is that they are expensive
AlphonseRules
When I bought Wolf's Rain volume 6 at Suncoast, they asked me if I wanted to pre-order volume 7 so that I could get it for $20 instead of $30. Do you know if that is the case with all of their DVDs?
I agree Hughes. I buy my DVDs at Best Buy and they are always $19.99. At Suncoast, I always see them for about $30.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jun 1 2005, 01:13 PM)
When I bought Wolf's Rain volume 6 at Suncoast, they asked me if I wanted to pre-order volume 7 so that I could get it for $20 instead of $30.  Do you know if that is the case with all of their DVDs?
I agree Hughes.  I buy my DVDs at Best Buy and they are always $19.99.  At Suncoast, I always see them for about $30.
[snapback]183663[/snapback]

about that 20 bucks instead of 30, is basically a scam, but don't be bothered by that, what they mean by that is this

you put 10 bucks down now and it will only cost 20 bucks when it comes out, that's another thing i like about suncoast if i don't have all the money I need for the movie now, i can just put at least 5 bucks to put it on hold, and anytime from then till I think about 2 weeks after it comes out i can pay up to the full price, for example

I have Seed of Chucky on reserve it comes out in a couple of weeks.

I only put 5 bucks on it at the time of reserve, i can put another 10 bucks on it right now, and then the rest when it comes out wich would be only another 10 bucks

Trust me the extra money is worth it :| i can't stand buying DVD's at Best buy, let alone anything else

I go to Fry's for most of my electronics, but for my DVD's i go to Suncoast or oder from columbia house, but for my anime i go to suncoast.
ymsg
I live for suncoast, it's not that expensive.
miss_neko
i went to Bestbuy too and they didn't had it. I'm pretty sure they didn't ran out. Just didn't have it in stock there or something.. so i went to Suncoast to buy it. I have to say though.. i'm kind of dissapointed that they didn't really have a lot of stuff in the extras this time.
Maes-Hughes
i agree suncoast is good but when ur short on money best buy is the place to go, i did however buy my DB GT episodes from suncoast (mainly because best buy was being built near buy)
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Jun 1 2005, 05:20 PM)
When I bought Wolf's Rain volume 6 at Suncoast, they asked me if I wanted to pre-order volume 7 so that I could get it for $20 instead of $30.  Do you know if that is the case with all of their DVDs?
I agree Hughes.  I buy my DVDs at Best Buy and they are always $19.99.  At Suncoast, I always see them for about $30.

about that 20 bucks instead of 30, is basically a scam, but don't be bothered by that, what they mean by that is this

you put 10 bucks down now and it will only cost 20 bucks when it comes out,
[snapback]183673[/snapback]

I don't think that was what it was cause the salesman said that it was a discounted price if I preordered it before it was released. He looked it up on a piece of paper and showed me that it said $20. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a scam.

QUOTE(ymsg @ Jun 1 2005, 05:34 PM)
I live for suncoast, it's not that expensive.
[snapback]183677[/snapback]

Well just think, for the price of 2 DVDs at Suncoast, you could get 3 at Best Buy.

Then again, if Suncoast does this whole preorder discount thing with all of there anime I might change my mind on which is a better place for anime.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jun 1 2005, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Jun 1 2005, 05:20 PM)

you put 10 bucks down now and it will only cost 20 bucks when it comes out,
[snapback]183673[/snapback]

I don't think that was what it was cause the salesman said that it was a discounted price if I preordered it before it was released. He looked it up on a piece of paper and showed me that it said $20. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a scam.
[snapback]183879[/snapback]

ahhh i see, guess that could be true then I havn't ran into that or don't remember lol

well I can get two dvd's at Suncoast for 9.99 or 24.99

they got this section where they have deals such as that
AlphonseRules
Yeah but I bet that's never new stuff. Those are probably old or unpopular DVDs. Still a good deal though, if you find something that you like.
By the way, I went to Best Buy today and they had volume 3. Got it for $20. biggrin.gif
Glam
Usually for some reason the FMA dvd at suncoast *for me* are cheaper when the dvds are just released, for example...I got the 2nd fma dvd for $20 at suncoast, a month later I go to suncoast and I see the same dvd for $24-26 dollars.
angieness
To clear up the whole thing with Suncoast pricings:

If you reserve something you put down $5, it will guarentee you a sale price of 19.99(19.99 for most normal DVDs including anime, if it's a boxset the sale price will be different) for 40 days and that $5 goes towards the total, so when you pick it up it will cost you about $14 + tax. If you don't pick up your reserve in 40 days (we call and remind you) you lose the chance to get it for 19.99. For anything you reserve you will get to buy it at the same price as you would at Best Buy. If you have a replay card and like to get your DVDs within a month of them coming out Suncoast is the place to go, but Best Buy is better for stuff that's more than a month old.

Reserving is nice since you get to keep that sale price, it's very unlikely stores will be selling out of FMA. We got about 20 copies of volume 3 in which is amazing since most anime we get about 3 or 4 copies. Considering Best Buy is a much larger company I don't see them selling out either. I'm not sure what their reserve policy is since I've never reserved anything there.

On topic I went and picked up my copies of FMA 3 and Samurai Champloo 3 today :3
miss_neko
^ you got SC 3! =0 i wanted to get it to but i didn't have enough money at the time -__- hey angieness, how do i get a replay card at suncoast?
angieness
You mean you've gone to Suncoast and the employees haven't tried to get you to get a replay card? Wow they suck, I'd get fired if I didn't offer it to every customer Oo You can walk into any of the stores and ask to sign up. The only thing that really sucks is that it costs money, but if you buy tons from Suncoast it's worth it. I know our district raised the price to $8.99 for 1 years and $16.99 for 2 years, not sure if it'll be the same for all districts though. The way it works is like you use it, let your friends and family members use it, etc. and that's like money coming back to you in the form of gift certificates. There's triple point weekends where if you spend for instance $25, it'd be like you're spending $75. And on your birthday they send you a $15 certificate.

In my opinion if you buy a lot of anime and manga from Suncoast it pays for itself, but if you just drop by every once in a while it wouldn't really be worth it. I know a lot of customers who come in all the time with $100's worth of certificates. I had a card years ago but that was before I got a job so I didn't get much back, and since I work for the company now I'm not allowed to have one heh
ymsg
I LOVE that thing. So useful. Dude, I'd die to work at Suncoast. Reading Manga on breaks, etc.
miss_neko
No they never offer me to sign up 0.o usually they just say "do you have a replay card?" so i'm thinking. what the heck is a replay card.

btw.. in the back of the dvd for volume 3 it says that it is feautures:

Textless songs
Production art
Image gallery
Character profiles
Trailers

But in my dvd.. i seem to be missing the Image Gallery section. is this just a typo or something? o.0
Envy V.1
IMAGE GALLERY?!? 0,o tommorow im getttin Vol 3!!!!!!
Kirara
I've been a replay member for 3 years and I never got anything for my birthday. Is that also a district thing?
angieness
They apparently just started the birthday thing recently, because I had never gotten anything for my birthday either in the past
Azura Elric
When I went to go get FMA vol. 2 at Suncoast, most of their anime stuff is at regular price. (Meaning in the 25-30s), and vol.2 was on sale for 19.99 O_o...anyway I went to the cash register and it rung up 30 something dollars. I'm glaring at the guy saying ".....hey that thing says it's on sale, I'm not paying 30 bucks."

And Best Buy NEVER has FMA on the week it comes out -.- I've gone to Best Buy on the same week it comes out and the newest FMA is NEVER there. Best Buy is so unreliable sometimes. - - The only vol. that seems to come out as it's suppose to was Vol. 1. *wants to murder Best Buy for not having Vol. 3*
miss_neko
^ acutally it depends on the best buy you go it.

the best buy i went to had vol 1 and 2 on the same day as its release date except 3.

Now Suncoast.. always has it out on time.
TheVileOne
Well the third volume of Fullmetal Alchemist, Equivalent Exchange, is out on DVD now. I think you can get it at most places for $19.99. Four episodes, 9-12. Volume 4, The Fall of Ishbal, is due out July 26th, day before my b-day smile.gif . Volume 5 will be due out in September, completing the first box set for the series, episodes 1-20 total.

In addition to the FMA booklet, the series also has a little preview booklet for the FMA manga that was recently released last month by Viz.

As per the last 2 DVD volumes, the cover is reversible, and the easter eggs being the next episode previews with the alternate comedic audio can be found in the same places as last time.
AlphonseRules
There's already a thread about this Vile. Where have you been anyway? Seems like I haven't seen you posting in a while.
Greensky
I just got Volume 3 not too long ago. They are very hard to get in Canada, and the release date is set to 1 month after the US release date, so I just have the volumes shipped from Amazon.com

For some odd reason, I thought that the English voice acting was better than the other volumes, especially volume 2, ugh... Volume 2 had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE voice actors for both Nina and Berry the chopper (in his female form). I was dissapointed, but this time around all of the voice actors are convincing.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jun 12 2005, 04:04 PM)
There's already a thread about this Vile.  Where have you been anyway?  Seems like I haven't seen you posting in a while.
[snapback]190428[/snapback]

Well AR, life got hectic for a little bit. Plus the lack of new episodes on Adult Swim. Things have calmed down a bit. But I still pop up now and again.
Paperclips
I'm such a dork i had it on pre-order and shipped to my house. i have all the ones that have come out so far. its fun to watch the all in one sitting. i need a life.
foolmetal alchemist
I ordered this volume. I should get it in like two days.
Greensky
A little off topic, but I wanted to start buying the Samurai Champloo volumes... but some of them are like $50 EACH!! Why are they so high in price?

The Samurai Champloo volumes are being released at exactly the same time as the Fullmetal Alchemist volumes I beleive, so there are only 3 volumes out right now.
miss_neko
^ 50 bucks? no way... i bought all three volume of samurai champloo for 20. well except the 3rd volume. i bought it for 24.
Lucky Charm
I bought mines since the middle of May.. It appears that my local anime shopping store had it earlier than the release date. WOOOT. I got it for around $23. I bought the second volume for like over $30 x_X
Greensky
Oops, my bad, I forgot to mention that I live in Canada. HMV's selling price for Volume 1 and 2 is $44.99 Canadian dollars each.

HMV in United states is selling the volumes for $28 Canadian... so I guess it makes sence to buy online from Amazon.com, but then the international shipping cost would bring the total anywhere from $33 - $48 depending on the shipping method selected.
0xx_Jules_Urei_xx0
Beh. Hi all. I'm sort of new here, but I was willing to try any place that's main theme was Full Metal Alchemist. xD. unsure.gif I've only been watching the series for a few months now, (I am hooked), and never got to see the first episodes; I only started from like, Episode 10 or so. But I read the reviews for the ones I missed, and am planning to buy the DVDs. Speaking of which, I see that the 3rd installment has come out. I've been to Amazon. com. I hope to get all the available ones, and pre-order Volumes 4 and 5. I can't wait to see the endings. I still watch the Adult Swim versions, and have gotten to Episode 27, I think. Or either 28. I'm on the Episode 'Teacher.' It comes on tonight...xD. Can't wait to see it.

Also, Hughes' death was a major shock to me. *goes into a deep state of depression*

Well, anyways, xD. Thought I'd come in here first. Dunno why, but this seemed like a good place to start, seeing as how you were talking about the 3rd DVD.

Ja ne!' ph34r.gif

-Jules (Em)-
Greensky
Yeah, that's awesome that you're getting the DVD's as they come out. I love people who get the DVD's!
ymsg
I wish I could get the DVD's but I'm too broke. I bust the bank trying to get merchandise I don't need, and whatnot. The answer is: save your money. But I can't XD.
Greensky
You can if it's for the Fullmetal Alchemist DVD's, come on now! biggrin.gif
ymsg
I know, I know, but I spend it all on FMA shirts @_@!! It all goes to FMA though xD
*inverse*
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jun 11 2005, 09:11 PM)
As per the last 2 DVD volumes, the cover is reversible...
[snapback]190226[/snapback]

Volume 2 had a reversible cover? Mine didn't huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.