Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S-cry-ed
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Celestial Shadow
Aww...I wanna open it sad.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 5 2005, 07:18 PM)
Aww...I wanna open it sad.gif
[snapback]242458[/snapback]

Well go ahead, but be warned it pertains to a pretty important charater to the anime!
Celestial Shadow
I did halfway tongue.gif All I saw was "dies". Well, I saw part of the name too but I don't want to figure it out...
Zabimaru
The episode they gave last Sautrday was great, especially Kaza-kun's Alter.
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I dont know where i stand on s-cry-ed ive only seen like 4 episodes and so far its seems all right.

(Give every anime show a chance you haters)
~FMAgurl~
I've seen up to episode 16, and it's really good! But there was one episode that tore my heart out...edsgirl already mentioned it. Kazuma, Ryuhou, and Cougar are my favorites tongue.gif
Seraphi
I love this anime, there is something about it I just simply love although I think the openning for it kind of sucks.
Martel
I've been watching this show lately and I'm really starting to like it! And the fact that the same guy who does SPike Speigel's voice from Cowboy Bebop does Kazuma's voice too laugh.gif
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Seraphi @ Aug 10 2005, 01:08 AM)
I love this anime, there is something about it I just simply love although I think the openning for it kind of sucks.
[snapback]247623[/snapback]

I actually like the opening laugh.gif
Seraphi
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Aug 10 2005, 03:55 PM)

[snapback]248002[/snapback]

I can't stand it lol, but I sit patiently through it all.
Zabimaru
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Aug 10 2005, 02:55 PM)

[snapback]248002[/snapback]

Yeah, same here.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Martel @ Aug 10 2005, 12:22 AM)
I've been watching this show lately and I'm really starting to like it!  And the fact that the same guy who does SPike Speigel's voice from Cowboy Bebop does Kazuma's voice too laugh.gif
[snapback]247631[/snapback]

I never noticed that! He does so many frickin' character's voices...
anime freak- a- leak
i saw the whole entire series and boy did i love it it was hella cool! smile.gif blink.gif
~FMAgurl~
I still have to download it. I watched up to episode 17, but my brother erased it from the computer because he needed the space. Would any mind PMing a sight to get the downloads?
BloodRedAlchemist
I really liked this show it was so cool i still have to see more of it but, it still rocks! Plus the guy who does spike's voice from owboy bebop does kazuma's voice. I love David Lucas his voice is awesome
Velious178
I've only seen one ep. and I'm not sure I like it.
PanicAttack
i have seen all of it. definitely not my favorite.
Gato Gurl914
i used to not like it, but now i'm addicted. too bad ryuho has amneisa
animefangirl
ive only watched up to the 7th eposode
Celestial Shadow
Ah, I'm really starting to like this anime even more! It's so strange though, but ever since the last two episodes aired, I've started to really like Ryuho and dislike Kazuma blink.gif I did a complete 360~
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Oct 4 2005, 07:51 PM) [snapback]296089[/snapback]

Ah, I'm really starting to like this anime even more! It's so strange though, but ever since the last two episodes aired, I've started to really like Ryuho and dislike Kazuma blink.gif I did a complete 360~

laugh.gif Same here. I like Ryuhou without his memory. Kazuma...acts like a selfish punk without his memories dry.gif
Tombow
I've been kind of, sort of, following the series, though I wasn't really into it.
(Except, I like Cougar. He is cool. cool.gif )
Now, with the last couple of new episodes, I'm begining to really like it.
The story is getting more interesting, and new Ryuho in amnesia, with the new power to boot, is AWSOME!!
CHOO
QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ May 31 2005, 03:15 PM) [snapback]183072[/snapback]

I saw the entire first episode. In my opinion, it sucked...baad. ANYONE notice *it's hard to notice, mind you* that Spike's voice actor ONCE AGAIN plays the main role!? This guy is SO overused!!!

-Spike, Cowboy Bebop
-Shishio, Rurouni Kenshin
-Roger, Big O
-Mugen, Samurai Champloo
-Whatever his name is, s-CRY-ed

Jeezus...

Also, they explained, like, NOTHING! What the hell is an 'alter?' It was like a cheap rip-off of FMA, with his fake arm and stuff! I really wanna know that all that crap is about...wow, I got angry just then didn't I?

Wow....I never noticed.
anyway, s-CRY-ed is AWESOME! cool.gif
~FMAgurl~
Damit! I fell asleep right as the episode started!!!! No! And it was the last one too! mad.gif Now I have to wait 'til next Thursday to see the final episode. Curse my tired lazy body dry.gif
kaizenyorii
i didnt get the final episode at all.
Jen_Elric
The last episode was pretty good, despite the fact that I didn't watch the entire series, and was a little confused.
Smoke Alchemist
Confusion was an all around thing is what i heard as far as I know.
Celestial Shadow
What's there to be confused about? huh.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 12 2005, 10:19 PM) [snapback]328747[/snapback]

What's there to be confused about? huh.gif

Uhh I ditto that. Dudes with special powers. Dudes try to destroy themselves with special powers. Made perfect sense to me. It's not complex or deep at all. I prefer the manga over the anime. No shitty animation to look at.
Smoke Alchemist
Yes the beating and the fighting I got. The sudden ending made me go wtf? *shrugs*
Kyros
Sherrice was so awesome, I heart SherricexRyuhou lots ^^ *looks at sig and avatar* That's why I got Smoke to help me a couple weeks ago with this theme *nods* ^^
Smoke Alchemist
Yes...I noticed S-Cry-ed is getting more and more popular now.
Celestial Shadow
I was just personally waiting until the series was over to make my siggie set, but I am a dub watcher of this series, yes.

The ending was kinda sudden, yeah...I didn't like the ending all that much but it could've been worse.
anonymouse
I always thought Scryed was fairly mediocre, but the finale took it down several more notches in my opinion. I think it would've been better off if it had ended one or two episodes earlier. The episode gave me the impression that the writers just threw their hands up into the air and said, "Y'know what? Screw character development."

Oh well, just wasn't my thing.
Celestial Shadow
I kind of agree there. It wasn't my favorite show, but it got really good at some parts, but it should've ended earlier, or differently...
Demonhunter399
hey yea ive seen scryed but ive only seen one episode. anyway what i saw of it the show has a lot of action going on.
~FMAgurl~
Dangit. I missed the rerun of the last episode on Thursday as well. I've been following the series for a while...and I miss the last episode. Now I have to download it, because I am NOT waiting for it to play again...which will be in a couple months or so dry.gif
Demonhunter399
ive watched only one eposode so its actualy cool b/c it had a lot of violence
Empathy
This is one of my favorite animes.I think it has a nice plot too it.
beyondredemption
Saw some of it, but not recently. It's pretty good though. If I had an alter, it would be on rollar skates with one wheel per skate. Don't ask why, 'cause I don't know.
Soujirou
is a good serie, the last battle of Kazuma and Ryoho is the best
Turquese_alchemist
I think it was very cool, but my TV explodes sad.gif
Hanozo
The anime is cool and fine but the ending just kills it. Well my opinion since I don't get the ending at all.
Linken
It had its moments...but they definitely couldve done without the last episode
Synth Alchemist
I like it, the final battle with kasuma and ryoho was the best, and the of ryoho and his master, or kasuma with her ghosts, and kasuma and ryoho vs kyoji muyo, or when ryoho kills kimishima... i like it...
MustangSally
I realize this is a super old thread but I was bored and looking through this board tonight(I didn't actually realize this part of the board existed::not very observant:smile.gif but I have to say that S-Cry-Ed sort of was what slowly started me on my interest in anime. I mean I'd watched a few things when I was a kid(Star Blazers anyone:)) and I actually had seen a few episodes of the original Fullmetal Alchemist(it was strange, on the one hand I liked parts of it enough go check out the manga, and even to decide Roy Mustang was my favorite character, but on the other it didn't really grab me enough to make it "must see TV") but during the summer of 2006, when it was being shown on Adult Swim I somehow got totally hooked on S-Cry-ed. Don't know how or why but there you go. smile.gif

It might have been that Japanese Ricky Martin theme song(seriously listen to the opening theme and then listen to "She Bangs", they are practically the same song), who knows. LOL

I have mixed feelings about the quality of the show, despite it being the first anime I watched all the way through and the first one I bought on DVD. On the one hand, I am unsure if some of it was "bad on purpose" or if it was just well, not so good. I mean "Big Magnum"--"it's big, hard and coming right at you"? Sometimes it almost seemed like it was doing a bit of meta on some anime cliches(the characters constantly yelling each other names while fighting, the absolute obsession Kazuma and Ryouhou have with each other, even the "romantic" interests). Then again, it could just be that the writing wasn't very good. LOL Either way I got a kick out of it.

I rather liked the basic story and thought the characters were mostly interesting. My fave being Ryouhou(oh you know the tortured pretty boy, I couldn't resist smile.gif ), Straight Cougar was a likeable and interesting character too. I couldn't stand Mimori - one place I visited at the time used to joke about her turning into the crazy cat lady by the time she was 30. smile.gif Frankly I cracked up when Ryouhou basically was like "yeah I like you but...I'm leaving, got more important things to do, besides some other chick died for me" and then she starts talking like she's well on her way 40 cats when she's convinced she'll wait for him and he'll come back to her. Oddly I liked Sherice, sure she had the unrequited love thing and she could be petty and jealous, but at least she had a little more life than Little Miss Perfect--her imperfections made her more interesting.

I also liked the idea of "the other world" where the Alter power came from and I liked the way some of the powers were manifested - like it was kind of cool when the second form of Zetsuie showed up using what basically looked like a waterspout. I also rather liked that the changes Kazuma and Ryuhou went through had some various effects on their physical bodies. It wasn't just "hey let's power up", it also in some ways changed them(the markings they started developing). I also thought it was interesting, in theory, the different ways their powers came about.

As for the ending, I did think it went on a bit too long but I think I get the idea of the actual finale episode. Kazuma and Ryuhou are basically like forces of nature by this point, both necessary yet both opposites, so both drawn to and repelled by each other. Even the way their powers came about showed that. Kazuma while born with alter power, basically made himself powerful, he went looking for it. His will made him strong, but the reason he got that huge power up was because he went in search of it. Ryuhou was born with it, that power was in him all along, and he was basically fighting against it, he was afraid of it and couldn't power up until he accepted it.

And basically they just didn't really like each other(or maybe they liked each other too much...hmmm...it was all about fighting that lovin' feeling j/k) so I thought it was kind of brilliant in an "OMG! I can't believe this" way - the two protagonists spend 20 minutes just beating the freakin' heck out of each other while considering how their lives would have been different if they'd never met and what they kind of wish their lives could have been but never would have been.

Roughly I'd say by the end, Ryuhou was kind of personifying "order" and Kazuma was sort of personifying "chaos", you need both for balance but on their own they were lacking and could be downright dangerous--Ryuhou could be overly controlling and judgmental and Kazuma could be overly cynical and laissez faire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.