Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going-away-for-a-while Announcement Thread!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
mei_tenshi
There've been a lot of members who are/were either missing-in-action or whose whereabous are/were unknown to a majority of the regular members, and caused quite a bit of worry. (Such caring people we are!) So, if you plan on being absent for a while, leave your excuse here so we don't think that you've dropped off the surface of the Earth or that you have abandoned (ohmy.gif) us forumers.

The one condition is that you must plan on being gone for at least four days, lest there be thousands of "I'm going the bathroom--be back soon" or "I don't have Internet access over the weekend" posts. (Besides, people don't generally *cough*notice*cough* worry until the fourth day.)

And if you plan to leave permanently (heaven forbid!) you can say your farewells here (and bash on the n00bs a final time), too.
Ok, that's it. I think I'll do a better job not visiting this forum and wasting my time if I officially declare a goodbye. It's been a nice year, but I've been here for too long and it's time for me to move on (aka find another forum). So Kase, even though you've promised to stick around this time, I'll have to let you go. And I still think everyone should call you Oma cause you've been around for that long and every time you disappear everyone goes berserk. tongue.gif

Quis: I think I kind of pissed you off that time, but I still look up to you cause you're definitely the English Master. And in real life we're waaay too alike (personality/preferences-wise) we could pass as twins. ohmy.gif (Tip: end-of-year booksales are always good to go to cause I got about 30 paperbacks for $1 plus no tax last week. Should you add Edmund Burke's Philosophical Enquiry to your collection or do you already have that?)

(and really, you can't get bryant to delete all of my multiple accounts?)

xr: (about pm some time ago: thanks, really appreciate that smile.gif)

Ailuro: Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're adorable. ph34r.gif

Thieves: You should come to a restaurant in Duarte and get the awesome cup noodles. Maybe when I'm less paranoid I'll e-mail you the actual address.

Bacon: Honestly, we should stick with the not-so-serious issues lest I feel compelled to send your picture to my lovely shaman and ask him to do things to you.

mei: If you were here more often you definitely should join the Grammar Police.

People I haven't really been talking to and/or seen around but whose existence I do acknowledge: edsgirl, Falling_Man, CursedAnubis, Fresh_Coffee, telepika, etc. etc. (which includes people who I can't remember now or really haven't been around so that by the time they're back this thread will have been buried deep anyway, and doesn't include most people)

Special message to alchemist_x in regards to the spell checker thread: You either need to:
1) Consult your dictionary more frequently
2) Get a new and more-updated dictionary
3) Or both

All right, take care all and remember:
IPB Image
Thievesvinegar
You make no sense. You don't want to waste time by quitting this forum and moving on to another one? And I've given up on cup noodles, after going to too many shops in little tokyo, which should have the best noodles and not ever finding a good place. You'll send the address when you get less paranoid? ...I'll never get it now. Might I add that little tokyo is a scam for tourists. You only go there for the curry pan and bookstores. Take care gas and I loved you ever since you professed your feelings for me. wink.gif
Quistis88
But Gashole, I love you.

No, not like THAT.

QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 08:47 PM)
Quis: I think I kind of pissed you off that time, but I still look up to you cause you're definitely the English Master.

You? Make me angry? Never. And when was "that time"? I don't quite remember (no, really, I don't). I look up to you as well, in case you didn't know.

And in real life we're waaay too alike (personality/preferences-wise) we could pass as twins. ohmy.gif

I'm willing to bet that you are. Maybe one of my parents had an extramarital affair or something and are secretly searching for you without telling me. If that is true, I hope they find you. I've always wanted to talk to you in person. Call me.

No, not like THAT. Geez, kids.

(Tip: end-of-year booksales are always good to go to cause I got about 30 paperbacks for $1 plus no tax last week. Should you add Edmund Burke's Philosophical Enquiry to your collection or do you already have that?)

I don't have that yet, but I probably will soon. Funny you should mention it, because I actually went to browse around the university bookstore today and saw that piece, and considered buying it. Then I remembered that I wasn't carrying enough cash, and I never not pay with cash, except for online purchases. Do you do that, too? It would be all coincidental/conspiratorial if you do.

(and really, you can't get bryant to delete all of my multiple accounts?)

I did try. He says that if he deletes the posts and everything, anyone reading back on old conversations/discussions will not like the missing pieces, especially if people do not quote you but are referring to you or something.

All right, take care all and remember:
<blinding image does not need to make second appearance in a quote>

Ack. A lasting image, indeed.
Thievesvinegar
girl how many people did you woo in this forum?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 07:47 PM)
Ailuro: Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're adorable. ph34r.gif
[snapback]180240[/snapback]

Why.. thank you. *laughs*

Sure is a shame to hear you won't be around. sad.gif

Oh, and one last glimpse at the awesome emoticon: mellow.gif
darkangelslayer
Well I'm not that famous as some people so I don't think anyone will really care but better safe then sorry.
I'm leaving to Poland(and possibly Germany) for the summer so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get internet access. I will miss this forum and if I get the chance to go on the internet, I definitely will. Have a great summer everyone, if anyone is currently having summer vacation that is.
Alchemy's Lover
I hate good-byes because ... well they just suck. mad.gif
Thievesvinegar
Be happy dark...Poland or a forum...please. The choice is obvious.
Zarpia
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ May 26 2005, 08:33 PM)
Well I'm not that famous as some people so I don't think anyone will really care but better safe then sorry.
I'm leaving to Poland(and possibly Germany) for the summer so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get internet access. I will miss this forum and if I get the chance to go on the internet, I definitely will. Have a great summer everyone, if anyone is currently having summer vacation that is.
[snapback]180266[/snapback]

You will be miss dark
xrninja
gassy! i'll really miss seeing your sarcastic guest posts scattered randomly over the forums. sad.gif you shall forever be remembered as the mastermind of the GP. i hope everything goes well on your end, and remember to visit us every now and then. smile.gif

(you know what would be a really great parting gift? a photo of you. so if i ever happen to bump into you in tiny tiny california, i'll be able to recognize you. tongue.gif)
Elderberry
Aw, have a fun summer, Dark-san. happy.gif
Quistis88
I also request a picture from Gas. Of herself, not GWB.
Thievesvinegar
Pfft. When hell freezes over.
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 26 2005, 08:14 PM)
I never not pay with cash, except for online purchases.  Do you do that, too?  It would be all coincidental/conspiratorial if you do.
[snapback]180254[/snapback]

Er. Before I went to college, my mom made me get a credit card. I carry it around ever since in my wallet "just in case" but I don't ever use it. Perhaps we share the same ancestor whose gene somehow stays alive. ph34r.gif (After all, my great-grandfather was from Canton. I'm geographically ignorant, but I'm always associating Canton with "Cantonese," which is equal to people from Hong Kong, and so Canton is in Hong Kong? Ah well, whatever.)

A picture of me? But I look like any other Asian girl in the Engineering building without the brain. huh.gif You won't recognize me if we stand next to each other. Besides, I don't recall ever seeing xr's (and thieves's) picture yet either.

@Thieves: But I'm always contradicting myself. smile.gif
Also, isn't a love profession supposed to be kept secret between the two people and not made known to everyone else? Geez, should I take my word back?

Uh, yeah, as a final word, I just want to be able to live without the Internet. mellow.gif
I didn't use to spend this much time on the Internet and was more productive as a person in general. Also, I have as many as 18 units for my classes next year (all of which are related to the beloved subjects of calculus, chemistry, and physics), and I might as well start getting used to zero hour of fun.

But yay for graphic calculator?
Quistis88
QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 11:18 PM)
Er. Before I went to college, my mom made me get a credit card. I carry it around ever since in my wallet "just in case" but I don't ever use it. Perhaps we share the same ancestor whose gene somehow stays alive. ph34r.gif (After all, my great-grandfather was from Canton. I'm geographically ignorant, but I'm always associating Canton with "Cantonese," which is equal to people from Hong Kong, and so Canton is in Hong Kong? Ah well, whatever.)

ph34r.gif (Although people in HK generally speak Cantonese, it's not Canton. Canton is also known as Guangzhou, and is the capital of the province of Guangdong. I'll be darned if I don't know, because I've been there before.)

Now that I think about it, I vaguely recall being told that I used to have family in that province.

Like I said, call me. biggrin.gif

Like I said, not like THAT. Geez, kids. *glares at children in nearby ditch*

A picture of me? But I look like any other Asian girl in the Engineering building without the brainhuh.gif You won't recognize me if we stand next to each other. Besides, I don't recall ever seeing xr's (and thieves's) picture yet either.

Then I guess the forum will never see you three . . . not unless I win that lottery I said I'd try to win for the forum reunion.

Also, I have as many as 18 units for my classes next year (all of which are related to the beloved subjects of calculus, chemistry, and physics), and I might as well start getting used to zero hour of fun.

Isn't that kind of your own fault for choosing to be in that field? biggrin.gif
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 26 2005, 08:14 PM)
I never not pay with cash, except for online purchases.  Do you do that, too?  It would be all coincidental/conspiratorial if you do.
[snapback]180254[/snapback]

@Thieves: But I'm always contradicting myself. smile.gif
Also, isn't a love profession supposed to be kept secret between the two people and not made known to everyone else? Geez, should I take my word back?

[snapback]180304[/snapback]

Are you threatening me?

This is turning into a little chat before you leave thread.

What's China like Quis? I found out that Guangzhou existed three weeks ago when they reported japanese protests in that area.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 26 2005, 11:36 PM)
This is turning into a little chat before you leave thread.

Well, this is probably our last chance to say anything else to her . . .

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 26 2005, 11:36 PM)
What's China like Quis? I found out that Guangzhou existed three weeks ago when they reported japanese protests in that area.

Honestly, it's not that great. Then again, the last time I was there was about half a decade ago. Things seems to have changed, but probably just on the surface.

If you have asthma and you grew up in America, I don't think it's a good idea to go there. Every breath you take is like 3.14 steps closer to death. The smog can be asphyxiating compared to the immensely cleaner air of North America. Again, this is what I experienced from 5 years ago, so not much accuracy there, but I doubt the environment has changed very much.

Packed with scruffy Asians at every turn of the corner, especially if you are in a bad district. It's quite crowded there, as most would assume. Last time I was in mainland China, the public roads have no lanes. People just drive/bike around and avoid hitting each other. As long as they're going in the same direction, it doesn't matter what portion of the road they're on, or how one person on a bike can travel perfectly fine while squeezed between a motorized scooter and a mini-van.

Anyways, getting off-topic. I'll probably be saying good-bye soon, as my family is going on a trip to China in August. Hooray.
hagane_no_tokage
*clings to quis*
«°~Envy™~°»
good by people i don't know and people i just met and take care, hope things go well for you and dark seeya when you get back
telepika
ohmy.gif Gassy is leaving?!!! Since when? Jeez, all the old members are leaving. It makes me so sad... Anyway, thanks for acknowledging my existence, Gassy. laugh.gif

I'm taking 19 units this quarter... I didn't realize that was a lot.
Wait, one last question. ph34r.gif

Between Beijing and Shanghai, which is better? I heard Beijing is where the old, historical buildings are, while Shanghai is where the modern and better-looking buildings are, but let's say I'm mostly going to spend the day at school, which city would be most educational? Be descriptive, and do mention which city has more English-speaking people and universal signs the significant differences in dialect, if any.

Also, with pollution, dirty toilets, and slapping mosquitoes all night in mind, any preparations you'd recommend?

This is becoming a chat before you leave. Should I cancel my Internet access and move to the countryside?
Thievesvinegar
Now Gas, how many times do I have to tell you that running away from your problems won't solve them?

Question guys, why China?
mei_tenshi
I'd hoped this thread would be dead and buried ten minutes after I created it...

She's probably gone by now, but I still want to leave her a message:
Gassy, we'll miss you! I really respect you for standing up for your beliefs despite opposition, and your posts are always so amusing. smile.gif Thank you for the compliment concerning the GP--but then, I prefer being a free agent. cool.gif In any case, take care!
Carnal Malefactor
[fart]

What's happening here?
Fresh_Coffee
People I haven't really been talking to and/or seen around but whose existence I do acknowledge: edsgirl, Falling_Man, CursedAnubis, Fresh_Coffee, telepika, etc. etc. (which includes people who I can't remember now or really haven't been around so that by the time they're back this thread will have been buried deep anyway, and doesn't include most people)

ohmy.gif It's too bad I never got to know you Gashole. At least you acknowledge my existence though I don't everyone else on the forum thinks I'm a brat which is somewhat true. biggrin.gif
Elderberry
Coffee-chon, I don't think you're a brat. happy.gif

Aw, I'll miss having one of our sarcastic n00b exterminators leave...rolleyes.gif;; Take care, Gashole-san. *bows*
Quistis88
QUOTE(Guest @ May 27 2005, 02:08 AM)
Between Beijing and Shanghai, which is better? I heard Beijing is where the old, historical buildings are, while Shanghai is where the modern and better-looking buildings are, but let's say I'm mostly going to spend the day at school, which city would be most educational? Be descriptive, and do mention which city has more English-speaking people and universal signs the significant differences in dialect, if any.

Not sure if you're still here, but I'll answer anyway.

I've never been to Beijing or Shanghai, though I'll be going to Beijing in about three months. Since I've never personally visited those places, I cannot give an accurate assessment. Last time I checked, Shanghai is the biggest communist city in the world or something, but maybe that's changed. Lots of brothels in Shanghai, too, my mother claims. Beijing is relatively slower in pace, perhaps? Who knows. And I think both cities have about an equal amount of English-speaking people.

QUOTE(Guest @ May 27 2005, 02:08 AM)
Also, with pollution, dirty toilets, and slapping mosquitoes all night in mind, any preparations you'd recommend?

Sunblock and lots of it. Maybe even an umbrella for those extra-sunny days. Pollution is something you cannot do anything about, except maybe get used to the smell of the litter on the streets eventually. Dirty toilets are also a bit of a problem. Try not to use public restrooms if you can. If you must, bring kleenex or something to wipe the seats and everything. But once you've seen the state of one of the public restrooms, you'll do anything not to go back again. Mosquitoes aren't too much of a problem, but now that they are carrying diseases, try repellents and covering yourself up.

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 27 2005, 07:01 PM)
Question guys, why China?

Why do you ask?
Omakase Shimasu
What? Gas, you're leaving? For good? T~T If I had known this I never would've gone off like that again. Or at least, I wouldn't have answered that negatively when you asked about those stupid colleges down here in the Netherlands! T-T

QUOTE(Guest @ May 27 2005, 02:47 AM)
So Kase, even though you've promised to stick around this time, I'll have to let you go. And I still think everyone should call you Oma cause you've been around for that long and every time you disappear everyone goes berserk. tongue.gif

Oma... Hehe, I've sure got the grey hairs - accumulated over the years - to accompany that title. >__> Aherm.

Well... in honor of you, Gas: ph34r.gif I'll definitely miss you and your sharp wit. ph34r.gif Good luck with everything then. And hopefully whenever you pass by a pisang goreng [stand] you'll think of me and know that I love you like a big sister. Or aunt/friend, whichever you prefer. T-T

Sure there are no chances of you reconsidering things and still visit every now and then...? At least?
Fresh_Coffee
In honor of Gassy maybe we should start calling Kase, 'oma'? : 3

EKE: Well... :3 you're too sweet.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 28 2005, 08:50 PM)
In honor of Gassy maybe we should start calling Kase, 'oma'? : 3
[snapback]181284[/snapback]

Uh... biggrin.gif;; No thanks~ (Oma means granma in Dutch >__>) I just meant in honor of Gasie, a ph34r.gif face. It seemed to be her trademark smilie, so... smile.gif
silver bg
i leave tommorow and get back on sunday.
Elderberry
..So you'll be gone for 4-5-ish days, Silver-san? Your prescence will indeed be missed. rolleyes.gif Have fun on whatever random trip you're taking.
Zarpia
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 30 2005, 09:51 AM)
..So you'll be gone for 4-5-ish days, Silver-san?  Your prescence will indeed be missed. rolleyes.gif  Have fun on whatever random trip you're taking.
[snapback]182273[/snapback]

yeah, you will be miss tongue.gif
mei_tenshi
Yes, what EKE and Zarpia said.

So why are you leaving, silver bq? Where are you going?
silver bg
vaction.. thank you.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(silver bg @ May 30 2005, 11:10 AM)

See yah, we shall miss you ^^ Here is a going away present.
silver bg
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ May 30 2005, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE(silver bg @ May 30 2005, 11:10 AM)

See yah, we shall miss you ^^ Here is a going away present.
[snapback]182347[/snapback]

your mean sad.gif mad.gif
Elderberry
Ahaha, Slash-san, that's adorable! laugh.gif
edsgirl
Well people I'm leaving for my two and a half week Las Vegas vacation! Time to let loose tongue.gif Hopefully I will get some kind of Internet access in my hotel so I can at least check up on you people! Mods try not to kill any of the new noobs. Noobs don't bother any of the mods, or I will come back and do something very bad to you mad.gif If I comeback at all that is. Take care and I hope I come back in one piece.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Vegas baby!

Have fun edsgirl I know you will. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
^^ Woot, Vegas, Sin City... What happens there stays there... My ass, I want details when you get back tongue.gif wink.gif
silver bg
have fun in vegas
Elderberry
Enjoy your time in Las Vegas-ishy, edsgirl-san! happy.gif We'll try to have some new songs prepared for your listening enjoyment in the Karaoke thread by the time you return! laugh.gif||
silver bg
when will slash go on vaction ? hopefully soon very soon ph34r.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Slash? Leave . never. Who will be around to make fun of n00bs?
silver bg
thats not nice to know dry.gif wacko.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(silver bg @ May 30 2005, 07:28 PM)
thats not nice to know  dry.gif  wacko.gif
[snapback]182579[/snapback]

That should be a sign. *cough*
silver bg
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 30 2005, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE(silver bg @ May 30 2005, 07:28 PM)
thats not nice to know  dry.gif  wacko.gif
[snapback]182579[/snapback]

That should be a sign. *cough*
[snapback]182582[/snapback]

what are you getting at dry.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(silver bg @ May 30 2005, 07:33 PM)
what are you getting at  dry.gif
[snapback]182585[/snapback]

Who me? Nothing at all... saracismis a great thing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.