Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Seiyuu For Alphonse Heiderich
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Sycia
Fullmetal Alchemist - Conqueror of Shambala

The role of Alphonse Heiderich will be played by Japanese actor Oguri Shun (小栗 旬), contrary to what fans heard in the early trailer (Alphonse Heiderich was played by Kugimiya Rie).

Source:
Yahoo! Japan

Reference:
Filmography of Oguri Shun
Oinchinjey
Ahh that better... They really need
to change Older Alphonse voice ^^
Electrastar
QUOTE(Oinchinjey @ May 22 2005, 08:00 AM)
Ahh that better... They really need
to change Older Alphonse voice ^^
[snapback]177249[/snapback]

Yeah. And besides, him and the Alphonse we all know and love, even if they look the same, they're not really the same person. So I think it's better if their voices are different.
Carnal Malefactor
Thank god.
Bubbles
good, it would be weird hearing a grown up Al sounding like a little kid.

I can't wait for this movie!!!
Sycia
Yeah, I think it was a wise decision by the producers.. *PHEW*
Coffee Can
Yay! It was really awkward trying to picture him with Al's kid voice. It just didn't fit right. So this is very good. It makes me Squee. <3
hagane_no_tokage
zomg that makes me soooo happy! XD *flails in mad excitement* i can't wait to see the movie!!! XD </foaming mad fangirl>
Saturn Stars
Awww am I the only one thats sad? Okay I hated Al's voice but... I dunno... well he is older now I just hope he voice isn't hotter than Ed's. Although I higly doubt that is possible. Does anyone think it will be sort of girly? It's going to be hard to get used to Al with a deep voice, hey I watched a whole 51 episodes with that voice *SighS* My Al is growing up. *Pats*
Sounds like they're only changing Alphonse Heiderich's voice, not Alphonse Elrich.
NeoKakashi
Awwww, Ed's counterpart had the same voice as Ed, so why does Al's have to change? I like Al's voice...
Oh well, there's always the real Al happy.gif
lialiakicks
Wow, am I the only one that's like WTH...? O_o

OKAY, so Al H's voice DID sound weird for a 17 yr. old dude, but I kinda expected it cuz of the cursed preview. GAH, so what else did they change from the preview that they didn't tell us yet? >_> This better be the last change Studio BONES...

*sighs with Saturn Stars*
Saturn Stars
Oh good I hope the real Al sounds the same

But yeah I agree... al in germany sounded weird for a 17 year old ay Lia... I just sorta ignored it I guess lol
Zidan_chan
QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ May 23 2005, 03:08 AM)
Awwww, Ed's counterpart had the same voice as Ed, so why does Al's have to change?  I like Al's voice...
Oh well, there's always the real Al happy.gif
[snapback]177900[/snapback]

Hmmm., I have to agree. However, I still remain curious regarding Al's age in the movie. It appears as though Ed has aged somewhat, but Al still looks fairly young on the character concept art screens on the official site.
NeoKakashi
Well, Al was only ten at the end of the series...
Edward-Fan
Excuse me, does anyone know if the seiyuu Oguri Shun already has lend his/her voice to another anime character?
I would be interested... huh.gif
AA battery
hmm ---> http://www.tristone.co.jp/oguri/

that guy is 22 and he is quite tall o_O 182cm... (well, it says there he is an actor...)

but I don't really recognize what series those are from just reading that data list...

and I must say that I am glad Al H.'s VA is changed... or else it would be sometimes hard to differienciate who is talking, lol *sometimes they don't show which character is talking, right? but then if we dunno who is talking it adds to the suspense... but whatevre xD Al H. with cute bitsy voice of Kugimiya Rie is too weird xDDDD*
Defade
A GUY IS PLAYING AL H'S ROLE?? Not..good....not good at all....And a guy that's.....un-male-un-female......I still like Kugimiya Rie's voice better.....
And the new one is not even a seiyuu....in my world...only females can play male characters under the age of 20. sleep.gif;;
Thank God they changed his voice!!! Its OK for Alphonse Elric to have a female/child-voice but for Heiderich...When I first saw the 3rd trailer I thought: "Noo, whyyyy can't he get a male voice??!" I like Rie K.'s voice but it cant simply fit Heiderich (and even sometimes in the series it doesnt fit...)
Its my opinion though...
Zarpia
I'm glad they chance it, coz when i first saw the trailer i toght that Al H. was a girl, and even more with that voice, so i'm ok with it
AA battery
well, I guess using a actor is probably gonna get more ppl to watch it? *fans of that guy that are not FMA fans, may watch the movie cuz that guy is vocing Al H.*

marketing strategy... *i dunno if that guy is really popular in japan tho... maybe he is...*
Kitty Cat
That guys voice... sounds like a girl... I thought it was a girl being A. H. seiyuu...

Oh well... I might be going to Japan in the end of July at the school holidays... might be able to see the movie... *thoughtful face*
CosmicMoon
I'd only make sense, right? They can't have the voice Al had as a ten year old at like what 17? The boy's gotta hit puberty had some time. ^^
AA battery
QUOTE(Kitty Cat @ May 26 2005, 01:57 AM)
That guys voice... sounds like a girl... I thought it was a girl being A. H. seiyuu...

Oh well... I might be going to Japan in the end of July at the school holidays... might be able to see the movie... *thoughtful face*
[snapback]179642[/snapback]

... how do u know that guy's voice is girly btw? You have seens his movies/shows by the way?? o.o

.... or if you were refering the teaser we seen earlier... that was STILL Kugimiya Rie sleep.gif; Kugimiya-san did Al H.'s vocie in the teasers.
lialiakicks
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 27 2005, 07:48 PM)
Kugimiya-san did Al H.'s vocie in the teasers.

Exactly. And that's why I'm so mad at Studio BONES for changing the VA's at the last minute... *grumbles* =_=
Alfonse's Vixen
Um........I'm not following................what are we talking about? unsure.gif
AA battery
Alfonse's Vixen: It's just that some of us are a little bit confused.

If you have downloaded any teasers before, and heard Alphonse Heiderich's voice, that was voiced by Kugimiya Rie, who is Alphonse Elric's voice actor.

However, just recently, BONES decided to give Alphonse Heiderich a new voice actor, so Kugimiya Rie is no longer doing the voice of Alphonse Heiderich.

So what was being confused: some people here thought the voice in the teaser is Oguri Shun (the new VA for Al H) but in fact, that was STILL Kugimiya Rie's voice in the teaser... so, unless you have seen Oguri Shun's movies/TV shows or something like that, you shouldn't know how he sounds like just yet.

Hope that cleared things up for you ^^
Actually, I believe we heard Al Elric in the trailer, not Heiderich. It was Al E. doing a voice over. Why would Al. H. say "nii-san"?
AA battery
... why can't Al H have an older brother?

Besides I think I have read somewhere that his older brother is in war or something.

But anyways, you can be right... because when Ed Elric reached the other world, the other Edward's voice became identical to Ed Elric's. *we can hear the other Edward's voice somewhere in episode 49, i believe... he said sth like "Who are you?"*
Zarpia
have you seen all the episodes, coz he has a brother, but i won't talk more coz that's a spoiler....
AA battery
I don't think THAT guy is really his brother tho, cuz of the difference in eye color... besides, [spoiler]why is he in London while Al H is in Munich then... he doesn't seem like he participates in war anyways =\ and who has even stated that THAT EDWARD and Al H are brothers?[/spoiler]
wishfull
eh..?

It says on the movie website that Edward is 18...
and Alphonse E. is 13....so that makes them 5 years apart now?!

Wow....big age difference
The RZA
the new al is to tall in human form 4 my taste
I'll be interested in hearing Al H.'s voice - sounds like an exciting prospect. But won't anyone think it's strange since the younger brother has a man's voice that the older brother still has that adolescent male voice (well, won't the juxtaposition of their voices be kind of weird?). If Ed was a real guy, I would question his manliness.

I'm a girl btw.
Al lose his body when he was about 10 or 11 so when he had it back his age get down Al should be 17 555+
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.