Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Goodbye Girl
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
FullmetalYuna
The Goodbye Girl

All your life you've waited
For love to come and stay
And now that I have found you
I must not slip away
I know its hard believing
The words you heard before
Darling you must trust them please
Trust them just once more

Cause baby goodbye doesn't mean forever
Let me tell you goodbye
Doesn't mean we'll never be together again
If you wake up and I'm not there
I won’t be long away oh
And all the things you do my goodbye girl
Will bring me back to you

I know you've been taken
Afraid to hurt again
You fight the love you feel for me
Instead of giving in
I can wait forever oh
Helping you to see
That I was meant for you my love
And you were meant for me

Remember goodbye doesn't mean forever
Let me tell you goodbye
Doesn't mean we'll never be together again
Though we may be so far apart
You still have my heart
So forget your past my goodbye girl
Now your home at last.... at last

Though we maybe so far apart
You still have my heart
So forget your past my goodbye girl
Now your home at last oh
It doesn’t mean forever
Goodbye doesn’t mean we'll never be together oh

Goodbye doesn’t mean forever
We remember goodbye

Goodbye Goodbye girl

Chapter 1

Ed looked in the mirror. He hated what he saw. He had a chance to get out of work to go see Winry but he felt he didn’t look good enough. His hair was in its normal braid and he wore the same outfit he wore everyday. Why do I care so much? He thought. He braided it and was satisfied at the least this time and left it alone. He got up. He caught sight of a picture of his younger brother. Ed missed him so much. He had died during a battle two years earlier. Ed hadn’t been to Winry’s for five years. She probably thinks I am dead by now, He thought.

The air on the train was so stiff and it was good to get off. He gazed up at the black sky to see rain pouring down. He walked in the rain as it grew darker and darker. It was 9:30 by the time he got to Winry’s house. He knocked on the door. Even from outside he could hear the creaking of the worn out floorboards. The door creaked open slowly after about a minuet. There stood Winry, but not the Winry Ed had left five years ago. This Winry had long brown hair and brown eyes.

“Ed?”
“Winry, how are you?”
“What are you doing here?”
“I… um…-“
“Never mind. Come in out of the rain.”

Ed walked in. He removed his coat and boots and sat on the couch. He caught a glance at a picture of the three of them. Winry came back in the room with a towel and two mugs of hot cocoa.

“It was hell trying to get here. I almost couldn’t find the place without the automail shop sign. Where is Pinako?”
“She passed on about three years ago. She left the auto mail shop in my hands. But… well a lot has gone on since you left.”
“What?”
“Well, you see after you left, everyone started to say that I was in love with a traveling soldier and every time you left, they all said you were never coming back. Then Pinako died and I had to close the auto mail shop. I was a disgrace to all of the Rockbells. I had to go to therapy for three years until I couldn’t take it anymore and changed my identity. From all that everyone knows down here, I am dead and my new identity is a California girl named Lethee Marit Morrison. By the way, where is Al?”
“He… is gone. I got his and my body back but lost my arm trying to save him again. I failed.”
“Oh my God, Ed. I am so sorry.” Winry quickly pushed the picture down.
“Well I know he is in a better place now. And he has his body back.” Ed said, trying to be as cheerful as possible.
"Well, at least you still have your Goodbye Girl."

Well that was chappy one. hope it is better than all my other crappy fics.
Saturn Stars
Ummm I am a little confused.
Is this the realy Winry...? If so how come she has long brown hair and brown eyes?
And has ed returned from Germany? If so I don't think Winry would simply say something like, 'Why are you here?' It's hard to write those scenes never seems emotional enough, when I try anyway.

But maybe I'm just confused.

Even so I can't wait till your next chappy. I just hope you un-confuzzle my next time.

Good luck!
FullmetalYuna
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a letter from poetry.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell details later! wub.gif luv ya'll!!!
Tis' sweetums.

Oh wow. I think it's a bit occ, but that's probebly just meh. xD

PLEASE UPDATE AGAIN!!!!

-pulls out large Katana-

Or else........-insert evil laughter here-
FullmetalYuna
hey everyone. thank you for the replies. i am sorry to say that i suck. i hate my fictions. and i am quiting. if you want this story to con tinue it will, but it is my last. thank you for everything and you can thank my sister for making me quit. oh and thanks for the flames, they are fucking wonderful!!! i love to be discouraged!!!
sweetums
hey everyone. thank you for the replies. i am sorry to say that i suck. i hate my fictions. and i am quiting. if you want this story to con tinue it will, but it is my last. thank you for everything and you can thank my sister for making me quit. oh and thanks for the flames, they are fucking wonderful!!! i love to be discouraged!!!

WHAT?!

You can't quit! NOT ON ME NOW!!!

-faints-

Winry plush: -fan fan- She'll be ok. Sometimes I'm glad I'm a doll. -looks at edo plush- And sometimes, I'm not. Please don't quit. You'll make this doll and my human very dissapointed. But if you do, we'll miss you terribly. -sigh- -fan fan-
FullmetalYuna
okay... well i guess i am in to deep and cant quit now so i will finish this story for ya. i will post the short chapter 2 now and post chapter three tommorrow!

Disclaimer: Guess what? I own the fact that in a far corner of my single celled ameba sized head I think I own Fullmetal Alchemist! But I don’t…WWWAAAAAAA!!!
CHAPPY 2!!!

Ed looked at Winry. Tears fell from his eyes and streamed down his cheek. A few tears started to fall from Winry’s eyes also. Before they both new it, Winry had sunk to the floor and was crying her eyes out. Ed came down and held her in his arms.
“I am so sorry,” he whispered, “I am so sorry I left. I had no idea. This is my entire fault.”
“No. It is okay.” Winry said through the tears.
“No, it is not okay. You have to hide yourself because of me. Just drop your alias and come back with me. Since Pinako is gone, you don’t need Resembool. You are free of this stupid place.”
“Ed, this is my home, and it is yours too. And where would we go? I am not going to be able to keep up with you. You said it yourself. Seven years ago, you said I could never come with you because I wouldn’t be able to keep up. And after seeing you and you seeing me after five years, I can finally say that it is true. You are even taller than me now.”
“Winry…”
“Please, Ed, just go home.”
“Well then, I guess I can’t go anywhere ‘cause I am home.”
“Then why do you treat Resembool like crap?” Winry said, her fear of becoming too angry the only thing holding her from stabbing herself right then and there.
“No, Winry, not Resembool, forget Resembool. All of Resembool can burn tomorrow for all I care. My home is not Resembool and it is not yours either. How you designed my automail, God only knows. My home is with you. And yours is with me. So you have finally come home. And so have I.”
“No, Ed, now you don’t understand,” Winry cried, but now her eyes showed no hate or fear, but love and kindness, “Because you have always been home. Because I have always been home. I am always with you, and like you said, you are and will always, no matter where you are.”
“Thank you...and welcome home, Winry.”
“Welcome home, Ed.”

guess what? i just got Fullmetal Alchemist and the Brokan angel the game for ps2. my dad got it for me while he was on the road so i got it a while ago but just got it when he cam home. Luv ya gaiz and will c yall tmro. C4N!
lizzie (Fullmetal Yuna)
FullmetalYuna
OKAY!!! ya'll dont act like you want me to write so REVIEW DAMN IT!!!!!!
FullmetalYuna
here is a quote for my fellow writers (::Cough::CASSIE::Cough:smile.gif:
Proofread so mistakes any make don't you. LOL

sorry for doubly posty!
Meo
Aww! :3 That's really sweet. It kinda seems like it's going a bit fast, but oh well it's a good story. XD
FullmetalYuna
QUOTE(Meo @ Jun 7 2005, 11:31 PM)
Aww! :3 That's really sweet. It kinda seems like it's going a bit fast, but oh well it's a good story. XD
[snapback]187299[/snapback]

yeah, everything i write goes fast. it is probably because my mom does not know i write fics and if she sees me typing them she would get mad. i dont have chappy three yet. i am writing it now though. i only have an hour cause then i have to help mom hang up some clothes. well i will update as soon as possible! luv ya'll!!!
FullmetalYuna
okay people. that is it. i am stopping the fic there. I AM UNDER THE TORMENT AND TORTURE OF WRITERS BLOCK!!! I might rewrite it but I am still not sure. too busy on my new story I will post soon! love you all! ciao for now~!~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.