Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Kind Of Drummer
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
~Pride~
What do you think the best kind of drummer and the name of that drummer.
I choose Metal cuz Metal drummers have to play really fast.And the Best Metal Drummer is Vinnie Paul from Pantera,Dimebag Darrels Brother(R.I.P. Dime).
Carnal Malefactor
Anyone who doesn't say Jazz is an idiot.

And Vinnie Paul is a mediocre drummer as far as metal goes.
Quistis88
Jazz, of course. Being a drummer in that genre requires the most technique, coordination, and rhythm out of all the other genres listed.
~Pride~
Ya'll are crazy a Jazz drummer doesn't have the muscle to keep a two bass drums going for an entire song.And Vinnie Paul is THE GREATEST drummer in the world!!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 20 2005, 02:12 AM)
Ya'll are crazy a Jazz drummer doesn't have the muscle to keep a two bass drums going for an entire song.And Vinnie Paul is THE GREATEST drummer in the world!!!!
[snapback]175631[/snapback]

...if you say so, kid.
rolleyes.gif
~Pride~
How in the hell do you know if Im a kid or im older than you eh?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 20 2005, 02:31 AM)
How in the hell do you know if Im a kid or im older than you eh?
[snapback]175642[/snapback]

...intuition...
~Pride~
Well..how old are you??
Carnal Malefactor
22 in July
~Pride~
Ha..Ya young wipper snapper Iturned 25 in apr.!!!!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 20 2005, 02:37 AM)
Ha..Ya young wipper snapper Iturned 25 in apr.!!!!!!
[snapback]175650[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Funny guy.
rolleyes.gif

Word of advice, kiddo, don't pretend to be an age you can't act.
~Pride~
Shut the Hell up ok !! your not some all knowing jedi. and yes i am 25 ass wipe.
and Id like to keep the topic clean for the kids ok so keep the lang. down.
Carnal Malefactor
Hahaha. If you're 25, you must have some sort of severe learning disability.

If I were you, I'd much rather be a naive kid than a retarded adult.
Falling_Man
WHAT. I didn't see the jazz option for some reason. Whatever. My vote is for jazz. It has to be jazz. Sure, other genre might let you have double bass drums and play ridiculously loud. But what does that compare to when you have tons of flexibility, time to do insane fills and music that gives you a loose feeling overall? Not much else, as far as music is concerned.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ May 20 2005, 02:48 AM)
WHAT. I didn't see the jazz option for some reason. Whatever. My vote is for jazz. It has to be jazz. Sure, other genre might let you have double bass drums and play ridiculously loud. But what does that compare to when you have tons of flexibility, time to do insane fills and music that gives you a loose feeling overall? Not much else, as far as music is concerned.
[snapback]175661[/snapback]

To be fair, there are plenty of creative drummers in other genres... But no other genre requires the kind of dynamic rhythms that jazz does. I don't think I've ever heard a more talented drummer than Billy Cobham.
~Pride~
Come on kid one of the smartest men in the world looks and acts like a retard I think his name is Steven Hawkins but he is really smart despite his mobile disability for christ sake he has to talk throug a computer!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 20 2005, 02:52 AM)
Come on kid one of the smartest men in the world looks and acts like a retard I think his name is Steven Hawkins but he is really smart despite his mobile disability for christ sake he has to talk throug a computer!!
[snapback]175667[/snapback]

Well, you're clearly not Stephen Hawking, so shut up.

You're just some silly 15-year-old who just heard of Manowar 3 months ago. So he now thinks he suddenly knows everything about music.

I know the type. I used to be that type.
Quistis88
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 19 2005, 08:12 PM)

We don't care how old you are. If you can't back up your argument with solid evidence, then we will dismiss your claims.

And Jazz drummers can do a LOT more than "keep two bass drums going for an entire song." Even I can do that, and I'm not Jazz drummer.
~Pride~
I new about ManOwaR since the early 90's.And please I really dont now you but please dont tell me to shut up ok?And yes I dont know alot about music ok not even ManOwaR Im not a diehard fan ok I just like metal.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 20 2005, 02:57 AM)
I new about ManOwaR since the early 90's.And please I really dont now you but please dont tell me to shut up ok?And yes I dont know alot about music ok not even ManOwaR Im not a diehard fan ok I just like metal.
[snapback]175678[/snapback]

Were you even alive in the early 90s?

Just drop it. Everyone knows you're not 25.
~Pride~
No ok I now I am And you can think what ever you want ok?
«°~Envy™~°»
Jazz has drummers :| i know hip hop don't need it, so i picked metal don't like punk much :| not much talent there so had to go with metal lol

oh and btw wth is all this moaning on how old someone is or isn't huh.gif does it really matter, I'm older then the both of you, there End of discusion lol
~Pride~
Thank god for Envy.But when you vote put why you think
-Kr!zY-
I like metal drumming the most, Lars Ulrich(Metallica) being one of my favs, but i can appreciate Jazz drummers as well. Jazz rhythms are quite difficult to do and require alot more concentration-well i think so. my mate who used to play drums in a Jazz band at school tried to teach me. i could play the basic rhythms but then it just got too technically difficult for me. lol ^^;
Carnal Malefactor
Lars Ulrich is one of the worst drummers ever. Seriously.
-Kr!zY-
^Gah! don't pick on me!! XP lol
~Pride~
Dont provoke him youll lose...I now.But Who is That Lars Ulrich guy anywho? huh.gif
-Kr!zY-
eh?....oh, don't worry, i wasn't trying to provoke him^^ lol
~Who is Lars?!! ohmy.gif he's the drummer for Metallica!!XD
~Pride~
Metalica sucks Vinnie paul can rape him at playing the drums anytime.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 21 2005, 07:01 PM)
Metalica sucks Vinnie paul can rape him at playing the drums anytime.
[snapback]176892[/snapback]

Sorry, but even though Lars is a shit drummer, the first three Metallica albums shit all over anything Pooftera ever did in their whole miserable career.
~Pride~
Thats your opinion ok. biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(~Pride~ @ May 21 2005, 08:01 PM)
Thats your opinion ok. biggrin.gif
[snapback]176919[/snapback]

No, it's pretty much a fact.

Metallica were making unbeleivable metal records when Pantera were still teasing their hair and playing music that sounded like Whitesnake.
~Pride~
dry.gif Whatever
Carnal Malefactor
if anyone's wondering, my top five favorite drummers are:

Nicke Andersson [ex-Entombed]
Billy Cobham
Alex Hernandez [ex-Immolation]
Matt Cameron [ex-Soundgarden]
Gene Hoglan [SYL, ex-Dark Angel, ex-Testament, ex-Death]
Kakashi's#1 girlfriend
I say Metal, and if what, no bacon? says a reply to me I'm just going to ignore you.Okay?Okay.
Smoke Alchemist
Wow as far as drummers go, there is a wide range. You can't just choose one from a certain type of music. My brother would tell you that is nuts. He has so many influences from every era, every type, everything!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.