Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ysmg's Fanart
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ymsg
these were just some sketches that, of course, got cut off.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18468729/

well, here's our fave evil villainis! (sP?)

Lust=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18468808/

I shamelessly murdered 3 black pens to make that happen. XD
xrninja
fanart threads merged. please post all of your fanart in one thread, rather than have a new thread for each new picture you have. if you want me to change your thread title to anything else in particular, tell me and i'll change it for you. smile.gif
ymsg
Thank you. ^^ and here's more of it

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18491710/ <- Hughes and Roy

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18491868/
pinako
wow your realy good! like..crazy! hahah but you are realy great! keep bringin the art! i love the one with ed in his shorts! hehe
ymsg
thanks ^^ I'll bring in some more soon.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Wow, you've made some awesome fan art pic's Ymsg! There very good! I loved your Hughes and Roy BF picture! That was really sweet! biggrin.gif there all so damn good! The auto mail was very well done... I personnaly can't draw auto mail worth a damn as of right now. LOL I need to practice drawing in-organic things more often. You dippicted Lust perfectly! That was worth murdering 3 pens for! laugh.gif I hate when that happens though... I've brutally killed so many of my pens *sigh*... they might as well have there own grave yard. JK
The Ed pic was hilarious... Poor Ed! LOL Keep it up Ymsg, you rock! laugh.gif
ymsg
Thank you, lol. I kill sooo many pens... poor things.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Your welcome happy.gif I go through pens so fast... being a pen abuser gets expensive after awile. Lol I'm almost affraid to by some of the more expensive brands... laugh.gif that could get to be a bad situation.
ymsg
Oh I know. My mother hates it. I got to borrowing them from teachers. I always felt that using a permenant marker is the easy way out, XD. My teachers knew I'd kill them so they just let me keepthem.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL that's too funny Ymsg! I have all these art teachers give me pencils all the time... but i have no clue why. Lol Now pens I could understand, but pencils? I'm much kinder to them then I am to pens... even though I always manage to break the lead constantly while I'm sharpening them. Ah, the joys of being an artist. laugh.gif I made a really good drawing today durring one of my classes, and went to erase a small pencil mark on the face and the g'damned eraser smugded my drawing and completely ruined it... god do I hate that. happy.gif
ymsg
Omg I do that all the time! I HATE it! I had the lips on this one drawing perfect, and I loved it, I decided to go over them to make them darker and smudged it all outta place. They never did look quite right...
BellatrixAngelofKyo
laugh.gif that is one of the most frucking annoying things, isnt it? LOL I absolutely hate when that happens!! It always seems to happen to the perfect drawings, doesn't it? Figures... LOL tongue.gif Omg that reminds me of my newest art mishap... I was drawing after I finished my finals today, and I drew this pic that I decided to change the eye on just a little bit... and then I couldn't redo it right after I had erased it! I just couldn't make the eye look right at all! god, that's irritating! I totally messed up my pic... again! LOL And then I have all these people ask me if they can look at my art work constantly... and after awile, I'm ready to burn my self! Lmao They always want to see my god awful pics...
ymsg
Oh I HATE it when I do that!! I do it ALL THE TIME. And frequently I'm hearing, "Rae, lemme see! Will you draw me?" and I always say yes, but I have to do them anime style, lol, or it won't work. x_x I give in too easily.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Lol I do that too. I'm the best at drawing manga, if i try to draw realistic stuff, it just isn't the same! LOL I suck at it, plus manga/anime style just looks so much better! I hate when you have people that are like, I want you to draw this and this and this and give it to me tomarrow! It's just like, Aaaargh! But I can be such a sucker... I hate turning people down too. happy.gif I really hate when you've worked your ass off on a drawing, given it to some one, and then they say they drew it! I almost murdered some one who tryed to do that to me 2 weeks ago! biggrin.gif Lmao
ymsg
Someone did that to you!?! OMG always sign your work in pen. Some kid bought this doodle of Serenity Wheeler from me for $10 bucks once. It was cool.

Here's Alphonse... >_>http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18779156/
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL I do sign my name in ink-water prof ink for that matter, but that doesn't always do the charm. Some times a little good old fasioned threatening and slaping does the trick better than anything else. happy.gif
I'll be suprised if it happens again any time soon.Lol
Okay, purely out of curiosity, Do you have a favorite manga artist?
I have several that have inspired me over the years, but my current favorite are of coarse Arakawa-sensei (I adore her art style, her sense of humor, and her story writting skills). I also have a few other fav's, but for some reason there names arn't coming to mind.LOL
The Alphonse picture looks very good- especially the armor. laugh.gif I think it's great! What don't you like about it? Maybe I could give some constructive critisism?(god, I can't spell worth crap tonight.lol) tongue.gif
ymsg
Oh yes. I love Takaya!! Natsuki Takaya. ^^ I love her. She's amazing and so inspiring.

And yes please do.
Luckyalchemy27
*hugs the Alphonse pic and ends up drooling all over it*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Ymsg: on the "characters" thread you had mentioned that it's the eyes and the face you dislike about your Al pic. Maybe I can help you out with that- if you want that is. I'm farely good at doing eyes, but I have problems with putting emotion in them too at times... that can be very challenging. And as far as the face goes, how do you draw faces? Co you draw it free hand, or do you draw a step by step frame first? Maybe I can give you some pointers? You really don't need any, but if you want extra advice, I'll give what ever I can. And as far as advice goes... What's your secret to drawing such fantastic armor/ metal? LOL I just can't get that down! mine looks like shit. laugh.gif
ymsg
I'm sure it doesn't!!!

Yes, I draw freehand, and I do need work, trust me. I'd love some pointers.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Oh yes it does, trust me! laugh.gif

I draw free hand some times too, but it's alot harder to keep the faces even and consistant if you draw them free hand, which is why I mainly draw using a "frame" like this:
IPB Image
This is actually quite a bad example, but it's the best I could find quickly over the internet, I apologize. But do you see what I mean? You may want to try doing that if your unhappy with the faces of some of your drawings. I still prefer free hand at times though, personaly. But it does help. As far as emotion in the eyes of your characters go, I personaly think that alot of that is determined by the what you want to convey and the shading, and iris and pupil size you use- not to mention the fact that eye brows also help out alot too. If my damned printer was working, I could show you more of what I mean... but what you may want to do is find pics on the internet that you like, and study the way the artist did the characters eyes. You also may want to look through the "drawing manga" art books and see if any of them are what you need! That's pretty much what i've been doing. I'm also going to take an art class next year to further improve my skills - especially shading, drawing the full human figure*which is so damn hard!* and of coarse, metal! and believe me, my art leaves plenty of room for improvement! LOL I hope this helps a bit! If I think of any thing else that might help u out, I'll let u know, okay? I think your art work is splendid already, but if you continue to strive to improve, I think your art work would be absolutely godly.
ymsg
Thank you so much for your help!!! ^^ I really appreciate it.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
No problem Ymsg. Hope it helps u out a little.
ymsg
It does, certainly.

AHA! I HAVE FINISHED IT. Say hello to the dogs of the military:http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18996354/
BellatrixAngelofKyo
good one Ymsg! LOL It's awesome! *aplaus* The stars where indeed a good touch. tongue.gif I don't think Roy and Havoc are messed up at all! what are you talkin about? laugh.gif It looks great! Keep it up, Ymsg! wink.gif
ymsg
Thank you!! I don't think Roy looks like himself and I killed Havoc's nose XDD.

The BOOTS. WERE. EVIL. TO. DRAW.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL Boots can be a real pain in the neck to draw, that's for sure. laugh.gif
I really don't think you murdered Havoc's nose! And Roy looks fine! I could tell it was Roy right away! Now if I had been like, "Oh, is that Archer in the middle!?!" Then there would be a problem. Lol It really does look great!
I'm terible when it comes to drawing fanart. I can draw my own characters w/ no problem, but other peoples stuff is rather tricky.
ymsg
That's the opposite of my problem. I can only do fanart, none of my own stuff. I mean, I drew myself once and it came out okay (animated, of course)
ymsg
That's the opposite of my problem. I can only do fanart, none of my own stuff. I mean, I drew myself once and it came out okay (animated, of course) but otherwise, nada.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Really? I started out doing that, but now I have the opposite problem. LOL Like for instance, I'm working with another person on a story, and they want me to create a character design for a male, semi-pervy half-elf character that's a magic user... and i'm totally at a loss. LOL It seems to me that many of the good character design possibilitys have already been used be another artist. *sigh* If it was my own character idea, I wouldn't be having such a hard time, but it's the other person's creation, and the characters basic features have already been predetermined, which makes it twice as hard for me to come up with something.
Luckyalchemy27
Armstrong and Riza look awesome! *drools some more*
ymsg
Thank you!!

And bellatrix- I have the WORST time coming up with positions. Their arms aren't the right length or something @_@ etc etc. That, and I haven't used color in forever. >_>;; scary.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
My thoughts exactly LuckyAlchemist! wink.gif

To Ymsg: Omg I have that problem too! Especially with hands and legs for some reason. god, does that irritate me. LOL I just finished drawing a vampire about 20mins ago, and it took me a ridiculous amount of time just to get his hands right... and they still look bad. I gave up on his legs for now! Lol I don't have the patience for it tonight.
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
wow! thats good!!! ^^
ymsg
Thank you!

Bellatrix- damn, I hate drawing hands and feet. They get so messed!! I can NEVER do it.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL I know what you mean. I drew a summer pic of Edward at the beach last night. I had him holding a surf board and sitting on a railing.... and his hands turned out to be a total disgrace! They look abismal. lol And I drew it with a charcol pencil, so I couldn't redo it (smart, right?) *laughs at self*. Every thing else about the drawing looks pretty good though. wink.gif I think I'm going to try drawing more casual pics of FMA characters tonight, minus the charcol pencil.
ymsg
Yeah, I've been messing around with charcoal. I used to use it a lot, til I got sick of trying to erase it. I loved oil, too, and wax pencils were like my obsession. Then I just moved into pen, accenting certain parts to the point where shading wasn't even needed. And I have 4 pictures I'm trying to finish -sweatdrop- and I'm halfway through my chapter 6, so I'm busy XD
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I know what you mean about charcol. I was using pens on every drawing I did up untill about 2 weeks ago, and now I've switched back to pencil. But I really like both mediums. I also adore some of the art programs for the computer like PaintshopPro and a few others. Try not to work your self to death on your projects, Ymsg! Trying to finish more than one project is always quite a challenge! But I'm sure the end results of your hard work will be fantastic! Equivalent Trade, you know? wink.gif I'm trying to finish the character designs for the manga fic that my friend and I are working on currently (the one I was complaining about before), and then start on the actual story, b/c I don't think he's done that yet. *sigh* I think I'm going to need a vacation from my summer vacation before to long Lol laugh.gif
ymsg
Yeah, I'm trying to get too much done. Worked half the night on my unfinished chapter 6, trying to get this automail arm for the convention made in under three weeks, trying to finish four drawings just to say I did, lol, and trying to get an appointment at the orthopedic; life is too hectic. I'm living on equivalent exchange alone.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
good god, Ymsg. Your going to wear your self out, going at that rate! Are you making your own costume for the convention? If so, who are you planning on going as? One of my friends suggested I should go as Envy to one of the Cons next year, since Envy looks so much like a girl... and I almost slit his throat. Lol That's insulting. laugh.gif
ymsg
That is insulting!! XD. I'm going as Edward. I've gotten step by step instructions on how to make an entire arm, to the last bolt, out of plastic and whatnot. It's costing a lot of time and money, and I'm worn out. I want to get my fic progressing though, and I haveta go to the damn orthopedic cause I find out I have scoliosis, ne? More issues to interfere. The whole world's against me, aaaaaaaa!! *hides under Rock* XD
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I know the feeling. happy.gif It seems like every thing in this world goes wrong all at once, without even a brief reprieve. Your going as Edward? That's so awesome. laugh.gif That arm most be a real bloody pain to construct though. It sounds complicated.
And good luck with your visit to the orthopedic! That kind of stuff always sucks. There's nothing better than finding out your body's betrayed you *being sarcastic*.
ymsg
Yeah, it's friggen hard to make, so I enlisted the help of my reluctant father! Yay!
Yeah, I don't want to go to the orthopedic. He wants to give me a damn back brace to 'straighten my spine' from what my father says. My spine. is. straight. Or at least it looks straight. My body hath betrayethed me. I feel so alone (not really, lol) XD
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Lol geez, that automail arm sounds like it's a real pain. At least you got some one to enlist in your cause though. laugh.gif Do you like how it's turning out so far? a back brace? omg that sucks royaly! Hopefully it will help though... but god, does that suck. I wouldn't be happy about that either... infact I'd be really pissed. Lol But since I have Ed's temperment, that's not anything new. XD I seriously hope that every thing works out okay, Ymsg. *pats on shoulder* a friend of mine had scoliosis a few years back and required a back brace, but she recovered quite well, in a very short time too with the back brace's aid, so hopefully every thing will go smoothly for you as well. happy.gif
ymsg
Aww thank you. Tis appreciated. The arm is a pain in the ASS. I am getting. so. worked. up. over it. It's soo much to do, and I only have to the 25th.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Hell yes, it does sound like a bloody pain in the ass. Lol god, i hate when i'm rushed to finish something like that. Have you seen how much the "Official" Ed Automail arm cosplayers accesory is going for? It's like $200 fricking dollars!! That's just ridiculus... $200 dollars for a plastic arm piece that you could make your self, plus it would most likely look better if you made your own as well. The extortion is unbelievable..... Lmao wink.gif Edward would be so proud. XD
ymsg
Hopefully I'll do him proud. That's the plan, anyway. It's just not getting done, because I can't do the whole thing on my own. @_@ BUT! I Finished my chapter 6 and posted it in the Dream a Dream page.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I'm sure you will. smile.gif Omg I'm going to go read it asap! Lol That's awesome. laugh.gif
I know how that is. dry.gif hopefully you'll be able to finish it in time for the CON! I'm not sure if you've seen this already, but I'm going to go ahead and poat the link for an FMA movie pic that I thought was rather interesting... It has Hughes in it as a police officer! Some one had it posted on the "RizaXRoyfansOnly" thread, and I nearly dropped over dead. Lol
OMG check it out
And the art work looks great - as always. happy.gif
ymsg
I just found out. I have an even better one, look:
http://tinypic.com/5uk0v5
I'm so happy.. you have no idea ^^
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL I know, Ymsg! I'm so thrilled! I suspected that they might put him into the movie, but I'm absolutely over joyed to see it as reality! I saw that pic too, it is better. Sorry I posted the crappy one. happy.gif Alphonse looks great, doesn't he? And of coarse, so does Edward. LOL laugh.gif And let's not forget Roy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.