Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bubble's FanArt
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Bubbles
I drew this today for my friend's birthday. She cosplayed Izumi to Jacon this year, and I decided I would draw this for her birthday. Took approximately 2 hours total time, and I did use a reference picture. Used regular graphite pencil to do the original sketch then used a .7 mm black rollerball pen to ink it. Scanner still isn't working so we have more lovely digital camera prints! HAHAH! Well enjoy!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y215/LadyBub...nt=Izumi006.jpg

This one is closer and shows a little more face detail

http://photobucket.com/albums/y215/LadyBub...nt=Izumi001.jpg
Hikusa Rockgirl X
This is so great, Bubbles x3!!
u captured the izuminess of Izumi sensei so well!
i think it would look better if u ink Izumi's hair all black o.o <- dont know maybe xD;

Hope your friend like it~!
Blackwings
very nice your friend must have been very happy biggrin.gif
i really want to go to a cosplay that would be so cool XD
-Kr!zY-
nice work there, Bubbles! ^.^
Bubbles
i gave it to her last night, first thing out of her mouth was "this is going on my wall!" (i framed it up for her).

I used an picture of the original anime sketches for reference, and i liked the way that it was. I tried to do the inking like that. Had i colored it, I would have definitely inked the hair fully, but with that type of pen, I wouldn't have been able to show the dreds off very well.

BTW, the dredlocks were the hardest to draw, really annoying, especially when i was drawing them kinda fast my hand wanted to make the ends pointy like normal anime hair! LOL.

i was really surprised at how well this picture turned out. it's only the 3rd i've drawn in approximately 2 years, so i was pretty rusty at first. I'm really excited by how this came out and i want to draw some more now... biggrin.gif. First time I've really gotten emotion to show in a portrait like that. I've got to find my old art folder cus I have some really nifty stuff in there I want to get on my deviant art page, including a really good one of Heero's head and his Gundam's head, which i'm really proud of.

thank you all for your kind reviews and comments!!! I really appreciate them!! *huggles you all*

New drawing time!!!!! biggrin.gif

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18650076/

This time it's young Alphonse. He looks so sad I just want to huggles him!!!!!!

(I know this is unde "Izumi Sensei" but I don't want to create another thread and get yelled at, so any mod reading this could you please change the title to Bubble's FanArt???? I will wubbles you all forever, kthxbye.... (lot's of caffinee and a long work day, don't mind me))

Please feel free to comment here or on my deviant art page!!!
xrninja
QUOTE(Bubbles @ May 21 2005, 07:12 PM)
(I know this is unde "Izumi Sensei" but I don't want to create another thread and get yelled at, so any mod reading this could you please change the title to Bubble's FanArt???? I will wubbles you all forever, kthxbye....)
[snapback]177051[/snapback]

no problem, fixed. thanks for not creating a whole new topic. biggrin.gif in the future, though, please don't double-post when you want to update, just edit your previous post. i know you probably want it to bump your thread up so people can see your fanart, but we don't allow double-posting anywhere but the fanfic subforum (when people want to post new chapters when no one's commented inbetween, since merging those gets messy). but if you get someone to comment, it'll bump up your thread and you'll be okay. smile.gif
Bubbles
thanks xrninja! I didn't even realize I was double posting since I was updating it with new pictures. Gomen!!!! *bows* Thanks again!
lonewolf20
are you planning on giving izume some color? she looks really good
Bubbles
QUOTE(lonewolf20 @ May 26 2005, 12:46 AM)
[snapback]179591[/snapback]

Izumi is framed and hanging on my friend's wall currently. If I colored it, it would have to be on the computer, and I'm just not really good at that. Plus I like the effect of the line art. Thanks for adding me on DA!
Hikusa Rockgirl X
woo O: ish Al
his cheek looks a lil big o.o; *i think.. xD;*
i like the facial expressionnn
u are good doing the faces x3
[Shadow Alchemist]
That's really good! laugh.gif Nice job, Bubbles. Concider coloring it or Photoshopping it with color. I think it'd come out great that way.
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Bubbles @ May 26 2005, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE(lonewolf20 @ May 26 2005, 12:46 AM)
[snapback]179591[/snapback]

Izumi is framed and hanging on my friend's wall currently. If I colored it, it would have to be on the computer, and I'm just not really good at that. Plus I like the effect of the line art. Thanks for adding me on DA!
[snapback]179694[/snapback]

Great work! If you really want it computer colored you can e-mail it to me and I can color it for you. Just PM me and I can give you my e-maiil.

If you have any Paint Shop Pro program then it has a help section that teaches you how to use the tools happy.gif

Anyways, the pic of Al is good but part of the cheek looks out of proportion.

Post more fanart soon happy.gif
Bubbles
thanks phyco! I'll send it over! expect a PM shortly.

I have Photoshop, and a friend of mine is really good at CG's so i'm going to have her help me a bit too. My main problem is that I do most of my work on my laptop which has a touch pad mouse. Once I get set up in my new apartment, I can set my lap top up with my good optical mouse and maybe get a steady enough hand to do some computer coloring.

In person, the Izumi pic has good effect black and white. Don't know why.

As for Al's cheeks, the reference picture kind of had him looking down a bit (tried to get that with the shadowing) and he's also approximately 12, so I'm thinking still some baby fat in his face there. I inked that one a little sharper but i haven't uploaded it yet.

I really wish my scanner worked right now....
Phyco girl
I finished coloring the pic, be expecting an e-mail soon happy.gif
Bubbles
Just got home from seeing Madagascar ( I WILL be drawing those penguines) and found in my trusty inbox the email from PhycoGirl!!!! YAY!!! Girl you did a great job with this, thank you!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18824541/

all praise the Phyco Girl!!! biggrin.gif
Phyco girl
You're welcome happy.gif Well post more art soon! I'm excited to see more of your wonderful work Bubbles!
lonewolf20
very nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.