Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shounen-ai Fans Unite!/The Yaoi Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Omakase Shimasu
He~ey, shonen-ai fan here! But all you guys knew that already. biggrin.gif

The goal of this topic is for me to see how many shonen-ai fans are actually out here. I intended to start a poll, shonen-ai centered... I noticed there are a lot of Roy/Riza fans. Understandable, of course since they're pretty hot together (look, I even admit they're hot!). Anywayz... Since the time I first got here, I met a few of you (all very nice people, really!), but I wonder if you (Vael, Prins_Zoisit, BlueRakuen, sorry if I forgot anybody else) are the only ones. If so, than there's not much of a point to start my poll, is there?

And of course, it'd be nice to meet new people who are into shonen-ai! biggrin.gif Somebody I can talk to without getting weird faces or something... no offense, of course!

So yeah... if you're into shonen-ai don't hesitate to "talk". I don't bite. If you don't want me to. ^__~
Prinz_Zoisit
So yeah... if you're into shonen-ai don't hesitate to "talk". I don't bite. If you don't want me to. ^__~

hhehe^^ i would really enjoy to be bitten from you, omakase!!^__~ *grrrrr*

yea, shounen-ai rulez..... bishounen-soccer player RULLLLLLEEZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! *meow*
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Aug 22 2004, 02:08 PM)
hhehe^^ i would really enjoy to be bitten from you, omakase!!^__~ *grrrrr*

yea, shounen-ai rulez..... bishounen-soccer player RULLLLLLEEZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! *meow*

Oh man laugh.gif what's up with you and RolfKaese today? Both *grrrrr*-ing at everyone! And because it's you I'll only take a little nip. *nips* ^__~ Don't want to see you bleeding, now do I?

With bishounen-soccer player.. do you really mean Whistle!? *___* Are you a Shige-fan?
Vael
Pah! Shounen-ai!? Screw that, I go for straight-on yaoi! >.> (Which reminds me of the time I wore my shirt with "YAOI" in big blue letters on the front to school, and a minimum of 10 people asked me what it meant. ;;>.>)

Speaking of which, my friend got Gravitation volume 2, yesterday... and... they actually SHOWED the rape scenes, as opposed to the one-second kiss-before-sex-scenes in volume 1.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Vael @ Aug 22 2004, 02:52 PM)
Pah! Shounen-ai!? Screw that, I go for straight-on yaoi! >.>

Of course you would, Vael. v__v

And shush it down will you. I don't want you to get banned from here because of "explicit language". Who am I going to pick on if you're not here anymore?? =P

Hmmm, scenes between who? I don't remember Shuuichi & Taki's scenes being explicit... huh.gif

Btw, you're underaged. Give me that volume. <__<
Prinz_Zoisit
...Shige?!?! who's shige?!!? i searched in internet for this anime... i didn't know until now.... yes, shige looks hot^^^^

but, no, i meant Takuto from ZETSUAI-BRONZE...
please check out this site.... www.zetsuai.at

this picture. this is takuto.........doesn't he look great..?!?! T.T
http://www.zetsuai.at/gallery1/izumi/i054.jpg

vael, you mean the doujinshis... yes, i got them too all^^^^ but i missed to read them.... but i burned them on DVD^^^^

hehe^^ i can give you too those doujinshis, if you want, omakase^^^^^^^^
Omakase Shimasu
Zetsuai/Bronze~ You're an Izumi-fan too!! *glomps* My sis likes that freak of an Hirose... I can't talk to her about these things at all. <__< (Oh... nevermind. Sis says she likes Izumi too...) So I don't really mean Hirose is a freak. ^__^;;

Hmmm, I like Zetsuai better than Bronze, though. The animation in Bronze is... manlier somehow. A bit... rectangular. Especially their faces. But maybe that's just me. ^__^;; Oh! Oh!Prins_Zoisit you heard about the music video they made for Zetsuai? It's kind of like a sequel of Zetsuai and a prequel to Bronze but in an AU setting. More futuristic, I think. I've been looking for that MV forever, but so far I haven't found anything about it yet. T__T I really wanna see it, too.

And about Whistle: they've got both an anime and a manga for it. We've got the (original) manga up 'till volume 23. @__@ It doesn't show any sign of stopping... I don't know if the anime got licensed (I don't think so) so you might still be able to find the fansubbed version on the net. -___- Damn the new rules... (I'll PM you about it! ^__~)

Shige's the blond, the guy who switches teams~ XD

And you guys mean the Gravitation Remixes? Oh, I've got them all too! *____* Yummy~
Vael
I haven't seen them yet, I'm just going by my friend's opinion. Then again he freaks out and gets ecstatic at some random guy taking off his shirt on public television. -.-;;

And surely my language isn't THAT explicit. o.o;;
Omakase Shimasu
I dunno, but just to be on the safe side. *glomps* I can't loose you~ T__T Wouldn't know what to do without you!!

...1 girl and 2 guys, the only ones in this shonen-ai thread. <__< Is this for real? (not that I'm really comlainging or anything -- you guys make my day XD)

I haven't seen them yet, I'm just going by my friend's opinion. Then again he freaks out and gets ecstatic at some random guy taking off his shirt on public television. -.-;;

Aaaw, poor Vael you're missing out on some good smut!
Prinz_Zoisit
Hmmm, I like Zetsuai better than Bronze, though. The animation in Bronze is... manlier somehow. A bit... rectangular. Especially their faces. But maybe that's just me. ^__^;; Oh! Oh!Prins_Zoisit you heard about the music video they made for Zetsuai? It's kind of like a sequel of Zetsuai and a prequel to Bronze but in an AU setting. More futuristic, I think. I've been looking for that MV forever, but so far I haven't found anything about it yet. T__T I really wanna see it, too.

do you mean the 300MB big MV Cathexis... -> i got it..... i downloaded it 2 or 3 yerars ago... that was still a time where you could download nearly everything from download machines -.- but now, no more...........

And about Whistle: they've got both an anime and a manga for it. We've got the (original) manga up 'till volume 23. @__@ It doesn't show any sign of stopping... I don't know if the anime got licensed (I don't think so) so you might still be able to find the fansubbed version on the net. -___- Damn the new rules... (I'll PM you about it! ^__~)

no, you can still download it at bittorrent... not yet licensed.. i'm going to download the first 20 eps...^^^^

ah... hmmmmm..... it's strange that there aren't more people here talking about shounen-ai..... all lazy guys........... dry.gif dry.gif
Vael
Of course I'm going to go SEE it next time I go to his house, but that won't be for a while, unfortunately.
Prinz_Zoisit
where do you come from, vael? your poem in your signature is very sad...

because for the person who wrote the poem, the love died, he broke up with his girl-friend?!?!? pls explain^^^^
Vael
I'm actually from America. >.> (Unfortunately)

But, that's a song in my profile. You can go here, go into the main website, Downloads, and scroll down to "Tiefster Winter". It comes as a .zip, but it's a really pretty song X_X I just kind of find it amusing that an Austrian band has a French name >.>

I don't fully understand the lyrics, though. Just the basic jist of it. =\
Prinz_Zoisit
it's not unusual that a non-french band got a french name... see the several j-pop bands... like l'arc en ciel etc...^^

hmm.. there are some german in this forum(like me) who can translate some passages for you....^^^^^^^

"tiefster winter" i.e. means "deepest winter" i dunno if you can translate this words directly into english, but it's meant the "coldest winter"^^^^

ah -.- but that's not my style of music........-.-
Vael
Hrm.. What's your style of music, then? And, J-rock bands don't count. They're rarely ever named in Japanese. =P

And, yeah, that's one reason I put it in my signature; I was hoping someone would be able to translate it for me
Omakase Shimasu
See my super translating skillz~ XD (It's crap, literally translated, but it's the best I can do...)

"Alles, was ich glaubte

-Everything I believed in

was mir meine Hoffnung gab

-That gave me hope

ging mit Dir an diesem Tage

-Went with you on this day (ging's a Dutch word o__O)

Als - für mich - die Liebe starb

The Love for me died then

Mein Glaube an die Liebe

My believes about the Love

das es Sie jemals gab

That I gave you [many times]

Ging mit Dir an diesem Tage

Went with you on this day

Als für mich die Liebe starb..."

The Love for me died then

-L'Ame Immortelle, Tiefster Winter

.....Germans like to use one word with a lot of different meanings, don't they? ^__^;;
Prinz_Zoisit
hehe^^^^ the music i primarily prefer is Baroque and renaissance music(~1550-1750)

but of course i also like other music like raindrops keep fallin on my head or j-pop or TOXIC^^;;;... -> current music....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

okay, u wanna have it translated, here we go..:^^^^ (hope youll understand)

"Everything that i believed in,
that gave me hope,
went away on this day,
when - for me - love died

My belief in love,
that it ever existed,
went away with you on this day,
when love died for me..."

...hope i could help^^^^
Omakase Shimasu
<__< Your translation sounds better.

Than again... -___-;; you're German yourself!
Prinz_Zoisit
omakase!!! ^.^~<3

your translation is just soo cute^^^^

yea, there are often more meanings for one word and many words for one meaning... it's difficult sometimes....
but this translation was okay^^^^ that's how my french abilties are^^;;;;

P.S.: "ging" is a dutch word?!?! i didn't know.... it's the past of "er geht"(he goes)....
but here in germany there are many dutch and when you hear them speaking you can often understand them^^^cause the language is so similar to german...
"dutch" ~ "deutsch"(german word for "german")...

there are many show moderators here who are from netherlands that became famous here like Rudi Carrel or Mareike Amado or Linda de Mol...
Omakase Shimasu
Thanks, Zoisit! (I can call you that, can't I? ^__^)

My French is horrific. Really, no joke.

Ging is past tense for going here. Guess it's the same, huh? Can you believe I once thought Dutch was English for German? -___-;; And I only know Linda de Mol. ^__^ She's crazy, but I like her a lot for it!
Prinz_Zoisit
yea, sure you can call me that...^^^^ you can call me as you wish^^^^

i can't believe we are in the same thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

hehe.... hmmm... there's an airplane company.... KLM..... but it means Royal Dutch Airlines.. how come, kase?!?!
Haroken
Oh jeez. You know. Um. Wow. I find shonen-ai to be entertaining...but no tin that way. Pervs.

ph34r.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Haroken @ Aug 22 2004, 05:20 PM)
Oh jeez. You know. Um. Wow. I find shonen-ai to be entertaining...but no tin that way. Pervs.

ph34r.gif

Entertaining? How if not that way? XD
Vael
Thanks for the translation!

And, yeah, My French is... terrible. I know a leetle bit of German, and a bit of Latin, and a bit of Russian. XP
Prinz_Zoisit
yea, how then, haroken?!! dry.gif dry.gif
Haroken
...... ph34r.gif *runs*
Omakase Shimasu
...I think you scared him off, Prins. ^__^;;

And you know a leetle bit of Russian, Latin and German? Vael you're like... a genius! =P But seriously, can you say something in Russian for me~?
Haroken
babushka= grandma. ALL I know.

oh. Nyet= no.
Prinz_Zoisit
haha^^^i had 1 or 2 lessons in Russian with our history teacher...... but i only know the word "piench" for 5 and "kak tibiasa wut?" for what is your name and "miniasa wut zoisit!"^^^^
Vael
We have gotten... so off topic it's not even funny... >.>

Это там = This is a table. Uhm... I also know "The book is here", "The brother is there", "What is this?" and other random phrases. Not really learning conversational Russian, here >.>
Omakase Shimasu
Vael what are you writing? A bit slow are we? tongue.gif

And why is it that everyone knows at least a few words of Russian? I know absolutely nothing... OK, except "Nyet". And "Moi droog". ^__^;; Man from UNCLE, Napoleon/Illya. Yeah, that's explanation enough, me guess.

Hah, there's shonen-ai/slash for ya. XD
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 22 2004, 06:43 PM)
. ^__^;; Man from UNCLE, Napoleon/Illya. Yeah, that's explanation enough, me guess.

Hah, there's shonen-ai/slash for ya. XD

huuuuuuuuuh??!?!! huh.gif huh.gif laugh.gif
Vael
Yeah, that one went over my head, too. o.o;;
Omakase Shimasu
What? Don't tell me you don't know Man from UNCLE!!! Even the Netherlands got that show aired on tv~ It's like... the beginning of the slash genre!! If you don't count Star Trek, that is. -___-;; (<=== as you can see I'm not really a fan of ST)

Vael, you don't know either? ...I'm disappointed. You're an American!! Man from UNCLE with Napoleon and Illya, two spies working for the International spy net organization U.N.C.L.E. (United Network of.... -__-;; I forgot). Anywayz, they're slashable together! Partners, always rescuing each other~ Napoleon Solo - American, Illya Kuryakin - Russian.

Please tell me you're joking!!

(Man, why am I getting so worked up over this? <__<)
Vael
I honestly don't know. XP I just recently (two years ago) got into anime, so....

Not counting the old DB and Sailor Moon showings. I don't count those as anime. >.>
Prinz_Zoisit
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOOOD!!! YOU KNOW UNCLE?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

OHM Y GUSH OH MY GUSH you know it, omakase?!?!?! i always saw it when i was still very small.... iloved it with the typing theme...........I loved the Opening music!!! it was so kinda action!!^^^^^^

in germany it got another name... i dunno anymore... aaa yes!! it was called "U.F.O." here......

it was the time where "The anvengers" was on TV!!!!!!

it's United Network Command for Law and Enforcement
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Vael @ Aug 22 2004, 06:00 PM)
I honestly don't know. XP I just recently (two years ago) got into anime, so....

Not counting the old DB and Sailor Moon showings. I don't count those as anime. >.>

Um <__< it isn't anime, Vael. It's an old American tv series. You know, like James Bond? Though you've got a lot of doujinshi of Napoleon and Illya together! XD Gotta get my hands on at least one of those!!

And Prins you know it, you really honestly totally do!! I never really would have expected someone to actually like it as well!! Aaaaw, don't you think Illya's just too cool~? *___* C'mon, help me convert Vael in the awesomeness of MFU!!

Hmmm, maybe that's it. Because it's so old it's been well before your time, Vael. =P

Hmmm? U.F.O? How does that work? biggrin.gif
Haroken
*is completely lost about UNCLE*
Vael
I'll ask a parent about it or something. I personally have never heard about it, though..
Prinz_Zoisit
iii.............................sry.. i forgot about what happened in that series..... but i'm older than you, omakase, you're 18.. how can that be... the cold war was about ~1970 .......when did you see it?!?!

i doubt more and more that it was that series..... but wasn't it the series with that typing melody at the beginning?!?!?!
Omakase Shimasu
Hmmm I saw it when I was 10.. 12.. I think. The age thing was just a joke, though. =P

And about the intro. The type thing could be. They had two or three different openings. It was a bit James Bond or Mission Impossible like.

Waaah, Vael don't tell them I told you! They'll laugh at me sooo hard. -___-;; Many people thought the series sucked. My Mom and Dad are exactly the same... OK, I laugh at it too (I mean, how can you not, it's MFU) but I love it nonetheless!

You know I'll add a link to a MFU website. Hope that'll clear your memories Prins! ^__^

Link: http://file40.net/

It's a fanfiction site. Sorry, but I couldn't find the actual site I was looking for. I'll get it up when I've found it.
Prinz_Zoisit
no, it isn't the series i meant.....-.-

http://www.ufoseries.com/

that'S the series i mean!.....
it was, too... produced in ~1970.....
and it IS called UFO
Vael
I find it highly amusing that both of you got all ecstatic and freakishly obsessed over something, but then realised you were talking about two entirely different things. =P

And, I find it highly amusing that this thread already has three pages worth of posts, two of the pages having next to nothing to do with the original topic >.>
RolfKaese
mmm.... Since I'm against any Yaoi Stuff, I won't post my opinion etc.
but as a mod, i have to go thru the thread >_<;;

If it goes too far, I open up a Shojo-Ai thread, so behave biggrin.gif

Just read the thread and it goes too far XDD~
Shojo-Ai Thread coming ~
Vael
Blast it all. It probably goes too far because of me. >.>

Or because of the complete randomness of the posts. <.<
rsF
i am so lost...
Prinz_Zoisit
booooooooooh... shojo-ai...............

i can't understand people who love the love between girls......... love between boys is another thing but lesbian.....no!!..

and it's no wonder that shonen-ai is more famous than shojo-ai... or do you know any shojo-ai animes?!?!?

love between boys is more interesting than love between girls... amn't i right?!?!!
Omakase Shimasu
Copycat, Rolf! tongue.gif

And I don't know U.F.O.... T__T Of course you would think it's funny, Vael.
Prinz_Zoisit
and i don't know man for uncle T.T
Prinz_Zoisit
omakase, are you seme or uke?!?!?! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.