Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Or Dragonball Gt?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2
FMA JPD
My favorite is Dragonball Z
darkangelslayer
I'm pretty sure there has to be a topic about this.
Nonetheless, I picked DBZ, because of the Cell Saga, it was my favorite. It was so simple at that time.
Zarpia
Dragon ball Z, is the best one.
Kihaku
Dragon Ball Z. It has the best characters, best character development and best themes. DB is probably okay too.. I've seen just a bit of it, but I've read the manga and it has an interesting storyline too. In my opinion DBGT shouldn't have been made...
«°~Gluttony™~°»
I say DBZ cause of The Buu Saga smile.gif

My favorite Character Majin Buu

was so funny and hilarious

and i liked DBGT as well, for all those that say it shouldn't have been made you are so wrong lol, to bad they didn't make more
FMA JPD
hey gluttony learn to spell biggrin.gif
~FMAgurl~
I think DBZ was the best. GT was good too. The very last episode in GT was sad. I wanted it to continue, although it's long as it is already.
Kakashi
I just heard of a new Dragon Ball called AF coming this September! Nah.

DBZ was my favourite mostly because of the Android/Cell Sagas.
FMA JPD
Dragon ball AF is just a widespread rumor
Kakashi
Thats been going on for thousands of years.
FMA JPD
[attachmentid=1117]pretty much
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(FMA JPD @ May 17 2005, 01:03 PM)
hey gluttony learn to spell biggrin.gif
[snapback]174162[/snapback]

you will learn that I tend to make typos and not notice them till later dry.gif

There fixed
silver bg
got to love DBZ.
it is the longest
also 13 movies
FMA JPD
Yes, and DBZ looks the best when it comes to animation
silver bg
True cool.gif
Kinbari-chan
I'd say DBZ is the best of the three although it is not one of my fav. animes. It was way too repeitive. Many of the episodes were about the same. Especially in the Freiza saga. What made me mad is they would always say namek was gonna blow in like 5 minutes of whatever but then 1 whole episode would only be like 30 seconds their time. They dragged it out too long.
silver bg
yes they did like to drag it out.
but u know that its besides fullmetal
Fayt
DBZ ismy favorite.
Kihaku
QUOTE(«°~Gluttony™~°» @ May 17 2005, 01:39 PM)
and i liked DBGT as well, for all those that say it shouldn't have been made you are so wrong lol, to bad they didn't make more
[snapback]174126[/snapback]

Ah, and why would we be wrong?
I enjoyed GT.. but in my opinion it destroys the original concept of teamwork and doesn't give enough credit to the characters. I also hated all the liberties they took with this series...

QUOTE(FMA JPD @ May 18 2005, 02:17 PM)
Yes, and DBZ looks the best when it comes to animation
[snapback]174810[/snapback]

I disliked the animation... sometimes the characters would look all weird... The original art in the manga is great though.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Kihaku @ May 20 2005, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE(«°~Gluttony™~°» @ May 17 2005, 01:39 PM)

[snapback]174126[/snapback]

Ah, and why would we be wrong?
I enjoyed GT.. but in my opinion it destroys the original concept of teamwork and doesn't give enough credit to the characters. I also hated all the liberties they took with this series...
[snapback]175818[/snapback]

Cause i said that as a joke lol, and i never liked that teamwork concept in dbz dry.gif

oh incase you don't know yet I was Gluttony
Azura Elric
I'm kinda glad that the DB whatever has finally ended. It was starting to repeat itself and I hate the fights. It takes forever!! But if I were to choose out of the three, DBZ is pretty good. Why did they even do GT? -.-
animejunkie429800
srry if i hurt somebody's feelings but,

I HATE THE WHOLE ENTIRE DRAGONBALL SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

PS-they're steriod abusers lol.... laugh.gif smile.gif

*sprints away* ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ May 20 2005, 06:40 PM)
srry if i hurt somebody's feelings but,

I HATE THE WHOLE ENTIRE DRAGONBALL SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

PS-they're steriod abusers lol....  laugh.gif  smile.gif

*sprints away*  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif
[snapback]176400[/snapback]

lmao@there Steriod abusers

even thou it wasn't staroids* they were using
-Kr!zY-
I liked DBZ the most.
Kihaku
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 20 2005, 04:35 AM)
Cause i said that as a joke lol, and i never liked that teamwork concept in dbz dry.gif
[snapback]175829[/snapback]

Um.. teamwork was a really important part of the DragonBall series.. It's pretty important in most shonen series actually.. and well, that's something I consider beautiful, just like the relationships and bonds the characters have with each other.

QUOTE(Azura Elric @ May 20 2005, 05:19 AM)
Why did they even do GT? -.-
[snapback]175854[/snapback]

Apparently because fans wanted more... *sighs*
Ronaldo Rodregez
Dragonball, the original series was gold. A really great anime. It showed the life of an adventurous little boy with amazing strength.

Dragonball Z, the second, was pretty much a continuation. From the begining to Cell, it was fantastic. Then Buu came and everything went downhill. Not to mention the music was fantastic.

Dragonball GT, was crap. The art had totally changed by then because I'm pretty sure it was done by another artist. The plot was rediculous. And they butchered Super Saiyans.
SSJ One was genius.
SSJ Two was fine.
SSJ Three went over board.
SSJ Four was retarded.

End.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Kihaku @ May 21 2005, 07:00 AM)
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 20 2005, 04:35 AM)

[snapback]175829[/snapback]

Um.. teamwork was a really important part of the DragonBall series.. It's pretty important in most shonen series actually.. and well, that's something I consider beautiful, just like the relationships and bonds the characters have with each other.
[snapback]176735[/snapback]

well that's your opinion and something came to mind the other day about this topic
they had teamwork huh.gif what do you think Pan, Goku, and trunks were doing, going off on seperate missions?

QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ May 22 2005, 06:54 AM)
Dragonball, the original series was gold. A really great anime. It showed the life of an adventurous little boy with amazing strength.

Dragonball Z, the second, was pretty much a continuation. From the begining to Cell, it was fantastic. Then Buu came and everything went downhill. Not to mention the music was fantastic.

Dragonball GT, was crap. The art had totally changed by then because I'm pretty sure it was done by another artist. The plot was rediculous. And they butchered Super Saiyans.
SSJ One was genius.
SSJ Two was fine.
SSJ Three went over board.
SSJ Four was retarded.

End.
[snapback]177247[/snapback]

bull crap GT was great, can't compliment on the art I'll agree on that, how was the plot rediculous, and the only thing on SSJ that wasn't good was the fact that they had to go thru a SSJ Ape form to get to SSJ 4 huh.gif

and wtf The Buu Series was the best one of them all :|
Kihaku
Yeah at the beginning of GT there's the part with gathering the special DBs.. but when it came to fighting well... it was kind of one-sided. Also I didn't like the fact how so many characters were ignored at the beginning, although I was glad that Trunks was one of the main guys smile.gif.

About the art.. I don't think it was bad or anything...
About SSJ4... I think it was a good thing to bring something a little different into it, but I can't believe Goku's tail was dug out! That was the worst about it.. ughh, something that isn't there can't be dug out from nothing... jeez if it were that easy whenever I broke a nail. tongue.gif
Also I thought that it was clarified before that the Saiyans didn't grow tails anymore....
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 23 2005, 11:03 AM)
bull crap GT was great, can't compliment on the art I'll agree on that, how was the plot rediculous, and the only thing on SSJ that wasn't good was the fact that they had to go thru a SSJ Ape form to get to SSJ 4 huh.gif

Honestly, after the first few episodes of GT, I stopped watching. It was nothing like DB or GT. And the main characters weren't that great. (Pam, the Homo-erotic Trunks, ect.)

No, Buu was one of the worst. Buu was a totally God Character, who would never die. Blasting him to every little cell didn't work, but what do you know? He gets killed by an energy ball. Cell was a little like that, but at least he died at an understandable cause (every cell being destroyed). The only think I would admit was cool about the saga was fusion. It was a new twist (Besides Nail on Nemek) and gave a purpose to Goten.
Other than that, Buu saga was one of the worst. (The worst, of course, being Garlic Jr.)

About SSJ4... I think it was a good thing to bring something a little different into it, but I can't believe Goku's tail was dug out! That was the worst about it.. ughh, something that isn't there can't be dug out from nothing... jeez if it were that easy whenever I broke a nail. tongue.gif
Also I thought that it was clarified before that the Saiyans didn't grow tails anymore....

Well that's exactly why it didn't make any sense.
1. They don't grow tails anymore.
2. It came from nowhere.
SSJ4 wasn't something new, it was an excuse for Goku to be able to win.

And how can you say you don't mind the art? It's completely different from the original. The coloring, eyes, noses, mouths. In fact, all I can remember about GT is how the coloring on most settings was like vomit. Go watch Dragon Ball, and early Dragon Ball Z. You'll see what I mean.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ May 27 2005, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 23 2005, 11:03 AM)

Honestly, after the first few episodes of GT, I stopped watching. It was nothing like DB or GT. And the main characters weren't that great. (Pam, the Homo-erotic Trunks, ect.)

No, Buu was one of the worst. Buu was a totally God Character, who would never die. Blasting him to every little cell didn't work, but what do you know? He gets killed by an energy ball. Cell was a little like that, but at least he died at an understandable cause (every cell being destroyed). The only think I would admit was cool about the saga was fusion. It was a new twist (Besides Nail on Nemek) and gave a purpose to Goten.
Other than that, Buu saga was one of the worst. (The worst, of course, being Garlic Jr.)
[snapback]180920[/snapback]

wrong they never blew all his cell's to nothingness, untill Goku hit him with that Big ass spirit bomb

Buu was the strongest Bad guy in the Dragonball z series and to boot he was funny as hell biggrin.gif why he was so great and that Fusion thing was about the gayest thing i have ever seen :| especally goten and trunks

but i do agree about your thoughts on truncks in GT series didn't care for him, pan was ok but I watched it for Goku and the fact that it was new, it was pretty good I loved The babi saga and the Evil Shenron saga, The Super Android 18 saga wasn't all that good exept the part when they had to face Freiza, and Cell again that was hillerious (sp)
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 28 2005, 06:06 AM)
wrong they never blew all his cell's to nothingness, untill Goku hit him with that Big ass spirit bomb

Yes they did, but then he turned into some kind of smoke and reformed.

Buu was the strongest Bad guy in the Dragonball z series and to boot he was funny as hell biggrin.gif why he was so great and that Fusion thing was about the gayest thing i have ever seen :| especally goten and trunks

If retarded baby men make you laugh, then I guess he was funny. I didn't find it amusing.

Why was fusion so gay? Because of the dance? If fusion never existed, Goten wouldn't even be a character. I'm not saying fusion was awesome or anything, but it wasn't bad.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ May 28 2005, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 28 2005, 06:06 AM)

Yes they did, but then he turned into some kind of smoke and reformed.

If retarded baby men make you laugh, then I guess he was funny. I didn't find it amusing.

Why was fusion so gay? Because of the dance? If fusion never existed, Goten wouldn't even be a character. I'm not saying fusion was awesome or anything, but it wasn't bad.
[snapback]181145[/snapback]

if he was so retarded he wouldn't been so strong, he knew what he was doing, he just loved doing it so much, and he didn't think anyone could beat him and he was right for the longest time.

and when did they do that to Buu, what episode

Fusing together meaning the needing of help by another person to defeat someone, if you can't do it on your own then you shouldn't be fighting
JBubba
That happened when they were in the hyperbolic time chamber. Piccolo and gotenks blew him up, zapped all the pieces, and smoke turned into buu.

Anyway, I thought that for fighting, DBZ was the best, but I also loved the first one, because of all the comedy.

"AHHH! My nose! The stench is so terrible!"
"Krillin, you were never drawn with a nose!"
"Oh.....Right..."
silver bg
DBZ over all kicks butt
hagane_no_tokage
the dragonball series were okay until they came to america and got plastered ALL OVER TV. i can't even watch them anymore cuz i got so bloody tired of turning on the TV and OMG look it's dragonball! ¬_¬ they really showed it to death...
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ May 28 2005, 11:38 AM)
if he was so retarded he wouldn't been so strong, he knew what he was doing, he just loved doing it so much, and he didn't think anyone could beat him and he was right for the longest time.

No, he was literally a man-child. He was just trying to have fun and play until he turned into Super Buu. And just because he was "strong" (and I put that in quotes because he was full of plotholes) doesn't mean he can't be the most idiotic character ever created.

and when did they do that to Buu, what episode

QUOTE(JBubba @ May 29 2005, 02:01 PM)
That happened when they were in the hyperbolic time chamber. Piccolo and gotenks blew him up, zapped all the pieces, and smoke turned into buu.

Thank you, JB.

Fusing together meaning the needing of help by another person to defeat someone, if you can't do it on your own then you shouldn't be fighting
[snapback]181149[/snapback]

I don't think people are the egotistical when you have to save the word.
KAKAROTT
I like dragonball GT better than Dragonball Z,new villans like super android 18,omega shenron and the black star dragonballs,and don't forget super saiyan-jin 4 goku and vegeta and seeing gohan and goten big and even pan.
Acura
Dragon Ball Z still the best in my opinion
Transmutation-
Even though some things in DBGT are cool it is really boring at times.
I would say DBZ is much better.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(KAKAROTT @ Jul 4 2005, 10:01 AM)
I like dragonball GT better than Dragonball Z,new villans like super android 18,omega shenron and the black star dragonballs,and don't forget super saiyan-jin 4 goku and vegeta and seeing gohan and goten big and even pan.
[snapback]205555[/snapback]

I like how all the things you just said were things redone from DBZ. Very "new."
Kirara
Dragonball Z is my favorite of the 3 mainly because it has all my favorite characters, Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan, Chibi Trunks and Goten. I also like altrhough it is still very funny like Dragonball it still has a slightly serious (its hard for me to take DBZ too serious) side to it.

Next I would say Dragonball because this series is hilarious. It has a lot of charm and is probably better written than DBZ. But as I said above all my favorite characters are in DBZ so that is why DBZ is my favorite.

Personally I also don't think DBGT should have been made. Since it wasn't created by Toriyama it is just glorified filler. Plus it focused too much on Goku. The only good thing I can say about GT is it did have the best ending of all 3 series and the music was really good.
gigashadow
i came into thwe series late, so i've never seen db, and i've only seen what cartoon network has recently shown of dbz, so i'df have to go with gt f0or now
Celestial Shadow
GT sucks so badly. They should've stopped at Z.
Zarpia
yeah, but the fans wanted more.....damn fans.... laugh.gif
FMA JPD
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Jul 5 2005, 06:30 PM)
GT sucks so badly. They should've stopped at Z.
[snapback]206478[/snapback]

or at least made it better. GT has way to much comic relief and also it seemed the characters lost power
Kakarott
rolleyes.gif ronaldo rodreguez what was redone from dbz that i said.
Destati
I like Dragonball Z more, it had more plot then GT. GT is just another extension of the series, it gets old afterwhile.
DameGreyWulf
Dragon Ball was the best. Why? Because it wasn't so cheesy all the time and it didn't end with a horrible saga (ack Buu..)
DarkBlade_Alchemist
DBZ all of the way cuz DB was to kiddie like.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Kakarott @ Jul 7 2005, 11:19 AM)
rolleyes.gif ronaldo rodreguez what was redone from dbz that i said.
[snapback]207392[/snapback]

Just about every word.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.