Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crossing A Fine Line.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
kijo-emiko
Crossing A Fine Line

Summary: When Riza’s mission leads to her disappearance, what will Roy do to get her back? Will he even make it in time?

Chapter One: To Loose A Love He Never Found.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello hello, welcome to my second attempt at a Full Metal Alchemist fic. I've posted one already. Fullmetal Fangirl said that she was only reading the Roy/Riza parts. So figured I'd post this fic.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Full Metal Alchemist or any of its characters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riza and Havoc can be seen walking the vacant city streets. The cool chill of the night air made them shiver slightly.

“Tell me, why isn’t the Colonel here again?” Havoc asked as he rubbed his arms with his hands.

Riza gave him a dirty look, “Because he decided to hunt down Ed and Al,” she said bitterly.

Havoc looked over and noticed the disapproving look on Riza’s face, “You’re mad because he didn’t ask you to tag along aren’t you?” he asked, a sadistic smirk spreading across his face. Riza groaned with irritation, but didn’t say a word. “Haha! You are!” Havoc yelled as he pointed at her.

Riza blushed slightly, “Shut up before we’re spotted,” she scolded, tempted to shoot her partner.

The smile faded from Havoc’s face as he looked forward once again, “If we’re afraid of being spotted, why are we walking down the middle of the street?” he asked, seeing how this was a bit odd.

Riza rolled her eyes, “Because the alleys are dark and we have a better chance of running into trouble,” she said, as if this made any sense.

Normally Riza was smarted than this, but the thought of Roy going on a wild goose hunt without her, was beginning to tick her off. The anger she was feeling seemed to cloud her better judgment.

“Did you find anything?” came the loud voice of a man from behind them. Both Havoc and Riza spun around. Riza pulled out her gun and pointed it at their intruder. “Don’t shoot me,” Armstrong said defensively as he put his hands in the air.

Riza sighed with irritation, “With all do respect Major, you really shouldn’t sneak up on people like that,” she scolded as she stowed her gun.

“Yeah,” Havoc chimed in from where he was hiding behind Riza, “We could get caught,” he said as he walked around the blonde and straightened his uniform.

“Too late,” Armstrong said as he pointed behind the two of them.

Havoc and Riza spun around. Riza caught site of a man with his hand raised in the air. She saw him bring it down and felt a sharp pain in her head, then all was black.

Roy got out of his car and slammed the door, “I’m sick of this. I can’t get away from the office for two days and I’m already called back,” he said bitterly.

Roy walked into his office. Havoc and Armstrong we’re standing in the center of the room.

“This better be good,” Roy scorned as he walked to his desk and sat down, “Do you realize how early it is?” he asked bitterly. He looked up at Havoc and Armstrong, realizing that they were both in pretty bad shape. They were bruised and battered. Havoc’s arm was in a sling and Armstrong had a black eye. Roy gave them an odd look, “What happened to the two of you, bar fight?” he asked, laughing at his own comment. Armstrong and Havoc looked at each other. Roy’s smiled faded, “What’s wrong?” he asked in a more serious voice.

Both the men sighed before looking at Roy once more, “Havoc, Hawkeye, and I were sent on a mission to hunt down a serial killer,” Armstrong said in a solemn voice.

Roy’s eyes widened with surprise. His eyes slowly crossed the room and stopped when they fell on Riza’s empty desk.

A look of horror appeared on his face, “There was a bit of an accident,” Havoc said, figuring it was his turn to speak.

Roy stood up, his eyes still on Riza’s vacant desk, “Where’s Hawkeye?” he asked, his voice still cool.

“Well, we were standing in the road when…” Havoc began again, his voice trembling slightly.

Roy looked over at him fire in his eyes, “Where is Hawkeye?” he asked again, his voice very stern.

Havoc swallowed hard, still avoiding eye contact with his bitter superior, “Some men came up behind us and…” he began again.

Roy’s temper went through the roof, “I asked you where she is! Answer me Lieutenant!” he ordered.

Havoc looked Roy dead in the eyes, “She’s gone sir,” he replied quietly.

Roy’s jaw dropped as he looked down at his desk. The two men looked at each other. They figured it’d be best if they left the room at this point. They headed to the door but were cut off by the sound of a desk drawer slamming shut. They turned around and saw Mustang standing behind his desk, putting on his white gloves.

“Well boys,” Roy said before looking up at the two of them, “Let’s get my lieutenant back,” he said, fire raging in his black eyes.

First chapter, short and fast, but it’s only the intro. I hope you like. It gets better, don’t worry.

Yes yes, this is good,
Kijo-Emiko. sad.gif
hagane_no_tokage
a promising start...but you need to work on your writing voice a little bit, it reads somewhat awkwardly. might i suggest writing in a past-tense rather than present perhaps until you get a little more acclimated? it might improve the overall effect. present-tense on a chapter-fic is difficult, even a lot of very experienced writers shy from that method.

also, your blocking is a little choppy. the movement doesn't flow smoothly. one thing happens. another thing happens. something is said. you could really make your actions sing if you found a nice connecting sentence between them to get them to read one into the next instead of standing stark individual.

other than that, your characterization is decent, and aside from a few spelling mistakes here and there it is technically sound. polish up the mechanics of your storytelling a little bit, and i look forward to where this could go. happy.gif ganbatte~!

and hurray for another royai author!!! XD
Fullmetal Fangirl
ooh, look someone realises i excited and did something....HURRAY!!!!

wow, very kool!! but...do you happen to like to write smut or whatever you call it?

Lol im JUST asking ^^;;

anyway...HURRAY FOR A ROYAI AUTHOR *shakes hand* i salute you!
kijo-emiko
Crossing A Fine Line

Summary: When Riza's mission leads to her disappearance, what will Roy do to get her back? Will he even make it in time?

Chapter Two: The Awakening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! I don’t have a lot of time so I’m not going to make this long. Please read and review…see, short and sweet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riza opened her eyes and sat up. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes before looking around the room.

“Where am I?” she asked herself as she scanned her surroundings. The sun shone through the white curtains and provided the only light in the large room. All four walls were white, so it was pretty bright in there anyway. There were a few pieces of wooden furniture: a side table, chair, desk, cabinet, and bookshelf. She looked down and noticed the floral blankets on the bed she was sitting on. She turned and noticed the wooden headboard. “This is nice,” she said to herself as a small smile spread across her face, “Havoc and Armstrong must have picked me up and brought me here,” she said excitedly as she pulled the blankets off herself and climbed out of the bed. When she past a mirror, she stopped and walked backward to look at herself in it. She was surprised to see that she was no longer wearing her military uniform. She was now sporting a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt. Her hair was down as well. “Ok, I don’t mind them bringing me here, but I have an issue with them changing my clothing,” she said as she as she examined herself. She looked back into the mirror and sighed, “Well, if they were going to change them, they could’ve found something a bit nicer,” she groaned before making her way to the door. She smiled as she grabbed the doorknob and tried to turn it. Much to her surprise, it didn’t budge. Her smile faded as she tried again, “Why did they lock the door?” she asked confused. She was about to yell for her companions when she heard a door close from the other room.

“So what are we gonna do wid er boss?” came a voice from the other side.

Riza blinked with confusion before placing her ear on the door. This man didn’t sound like Havoc or Armstrong. His voice was deep and gruff. He sounded very big, but maybe a little slow.

“Can we do wha we normally do?” came another voice.

This didn’t sound like them either. This voice was very high pitched, though it obviously belonged to a man, and he asked to question in a way that sounded a bit cynical.

“No, this one is different,” came yet another voice. This one sounded as if it belonged to a man in his early twenties. It wasn’t deep and it was high pitched, actually, it sounded a bit soothing. “The military would pay big bucks the get one of their lieutenant’s back,” the man replied, sounding a tad annoyed.

“Can we still have some fun wid er boss?” the high pitched voice asked, followed by a bit of a cackle.

There was a loud crash, followed by the sound of a high pitched “owwwwwww”.

“No! She’s not to be touched. I want nothing to be wrong with her when we call the military,” the soothing voice answered, his annoyance growing a bit.

“You coulda just said that instead a hitting me,” the high pitched voice whined, obviously in a great pain.

“Why don’t you want us ta touch er?” the deep voice asked, he sounded sorta confused.

“Because if something’s wrong with her, they’ll drop the price,” the soothing voice replied, followed by a loud ‘smack’.

“Owwww, why’d ya hit me?” the deep voice asked.

“Because both of you are stupid. I should’ve left you out on the street,” the soothing voice answered, a bit of humor in his voice.

Riza’s body filled with fear. She didn’t know who those men were, but they were definitely not Havoc and Armstrong. She pulled her head from the door and stood in silence for a moment. Those men must have been the ones that hit her over the head. She thought about Havoc and Armstrong for a moment. She didn’t know what happened to them, but she tried desperately to push those thoughts from her mind. She needed to concentrate on how to get out of there. After she escaped, she’d worry about the others. She looked around the room for any way to get out. She stopped looking when her eyes fell on the window. A smile strewn across her face as excitement filled her body. She ran to the window and threw back the curtain. She pulled the window opened and looked out of it. Her smile faded when she noticed the long drop to the earth below.

“Crap,” she sighed before pulling her head in the window.

“We’re about five stories up. If you want to jump, you have a pretty long fall ahead of you,” came the soothing voice from behind her.

Riza blinked with surprise before slowly turning around. Her eyes widened when she saw the three men in the doorway. Even if she did jump, now would not be a good time. They’d surely run down stairs and snatch her back up…if she lived that is.

“Who are you?” Riza asked, trying to hide her fear as she stood up straight.

“I’m Dallas,” the man with the soothing voice said as he motioned to himself. He stands about the same height as Roy and has a medium build (not to mention, a nice tan). He has spiky, brown hair, with a few blonde streaks in it, and gold eyes. He wears a pair of baggy, khaki pants, a white t-shirt and a brown leather jacket. He is really attractive, with the exception of a large scar that goes from the bottom of his right eye to just below the top of his neck. “This here is, Haddon,” he said as he motioned to the man next to him.

“Hi,” his high pitched voice said seductively as he looked Riza over with his eyes. He is about an inch taller than Dallas, but looks like a flag pole. He is very thin and very pale. He has greasy blonde hair, slicked back, and beady, blue eyes. He has a nose that is nearly as long as his face. He wears a gray tank top, which shows off his sickeningly think arms, and a pair of black, form fitting, jeans.

“And this one over here is Yates,” Dallas said as he motioned to the man behind him. Yates didn’t say anything, he just nodded. Yates is a big man, not fat, tall and masculine. He stands about an inch or two taller than Armstrong. He has black hair in the shape of a bowl cut on his huge head. He has black eyes, which seem a bit too gentle for his large body size. He doesn’t wear a shirt to cover up his huge muscles, but he wears a pair of baggy, sort of a dusty dark green, pants. “And we’re your roommates for the time being,” Dallas smiled wickedly.

Roy is seen walking through the nearly vacant hallways of the building. Havoc and Armstrong are nearly running to catch up with his long, angry strides.

“Colonel wait!” Havoc called as he desperately tried to catch up, “You can’t just go out there and try to save her. You need to talk to the Fuhrer first,” he said frantically.

Roy pretended to not hear what Havoc was saying and continued his walk down the hallway.

“He’s right sir,” Armstrong chimed in, “The Fuhrer probably has someone on the case already,” he tried to assure him as they rounded the corner.

“You’re right, he does,” came the voice of a woman from behind them.

They all turned around and spotted Maria Ross leaning on the wall. They didn’t realize, but they walked right past her when they rounded the corner.

Roy looked at her, a bit confused, “What did you say?” he asked as he walked up and stood in front of her.

Maria blinked as she looked up at the annoyed expression on Roy’s face, “I said that he’s already assigned someone to look for her, Colonel,” she repeated herself as she pushed herself off the wall and headed down the hallway.

Roy, Havoc, and Armstrong all watched her walk away. Roy’s eyes narrowed on her before he ran up and walked beside her.

“Who is assigned to this job Lieutenant Ross?” he asked frantically, trying to contain his frustration.

Ross stopped and looked up at her colonel, “You sir. The Fuhrer thought nobody would be better for the job,” she said simply.

A small smile spread across Roy’s face, “Than why didn’t you tell me? Why were you just walking away?” he asked confused.

Ross sighed a bit, “Because there are two cars waiting to take you, Lieutenant Havoc, Major Armstrong, Lieutenant Forest, and I to the location and you were late. They’ve been waiting nearly an hour and threatened to leave if we weren’t out there in five minutes,” she said simply as she began to walk down the hallway again.

Roy, Havoc, and Armstrong gave each other a quick look before running down the hallway.

When they finally got outside, they were all a bit out of breath. They looked up and noticed two black cars parked by the curb, one in front of the other. The drivers are standing by the front of the cars as they wait for them.

“It’s about time, we’ve been waiting for nearly an hour,” the driver of the first car snapped as he gave Roy and the others a dirty look.

“So we heard,” Roy groaned as he held his chest and gasped for air.

“Major,” a woman said nervously as she ran to Armstrong’s side, “Are you ok sir?” she asked as she gently grabbed his arm. She was a short, petite woman. She has long brown hair, which she pulls into a high bun on her head, and large blue eyes, hidden behind an even larger pair of glasses. She wears the usual military uniform, but her’s appeared to be a bit big for her. It was baggy and the sleeves nearly came down to her finger tips.

“I’m fine Lieutenant,” Armstrong assured her as he stood up straight and tried to hide his tiredness.

The woman smiled as she let go of his arm.

“Who are you?” Havoc asked, not trying to sound rude, but he was pretty tired from the run.

“I’m Lieutenant Amy Forest. I’m Major Armstrong’s new assistant,” she said with a weak voice.

“Oh,” Havoc said with a nod, obviously not too impressed.

“Good, you’re all here,” Ross said as she emerged from the building. She obviously didn’t see the need to run so she walked down the hallway. “If you would please get into the vehicles, we can go,” she said as she motioned to the cars.

“Alright,” Roy nodded, “Havoc, Armstrong, you ride with me,” he said as he motioned to the first car, “Forest and Ross, you ride together,” he said as he motioned to the second car.

“It’s about time,” the first driver moaned before walking around the car to the driver side.

Roy gave him a dirty look, but didn’t say a word as he made his way to the car. Havoc laughed a bit as he followed behind.

“Come on Lieutenant,” Ross said in her normal tone as she made her way to the second car, where the driver was already getting in.

Amy looked up at Armstrong, “Are you sure you’re ok sir?” she asked concerned, her voice a little shaky.

Armstrong nodded, “I’ll be fine. Go get in the car before we’re later than we already are,” he ordered as he motioned to the second vehicle.

“Yes sir,” Amy smiled before the two went their separate ways.

“Come on Armstrong. I’m not the most patient man today!” Roy yelled from the car window, he was sitting in the front seat.

“I’m coming sir!” Armstrong yelled back as he started to walk a little faster.

Amy didn’t take her eyes off her boss until she reached the car.

“Get your head out of the clouds and into the car,” Ross said.

Amy looked up and was surprised to see that Ross was standing on the other side of the car looking at her. She blushed a little before opening the door and climbing in.

Riza blinked as she looked over the intruders. The room that felt so large before, seemed small when she realized that she couldn’t escape.

“What do you want with me?” she asked as she looked into Dallas’ gold eyes.

Dallas laughed a bit, “We’re gonna use you to make some money,” he replied simply, “We tell your boss we’ve got you and he pays us to get you back,” he explained.

Riza’s eyes narrowed on him, “What makes you think he’d pay to get me back? He might just send someone to come get me,” she asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Dallas laughed a little more, “There is no way their going to find you,” he said as he shook his head, “They’ll look in all the alleys, all the abandoned buildings, and all the inns, but they’ll never look here. This apartment building is the nicest in town and this room, is the best money can buy,” he said with a wicked grin, “They’ll never think that a couple of criminals like us, would take you to a place like this,” he laughed as he too crossed his arms over his chest.

Riza shook her head with disbelief, “You really are stupid aren’t you?” she asked as she looked them over, “First off, how do you plan on affording this?”

“Well, we don’t plan on being here long and the first months rent isn’t do for a while. So we figured we’d have the money to pay for it when your boss pays us. Not to mention, we’ll have plenty left over,” Dallas explained a look of accomplishment on his face.

Riza shook her head once more, “You have got to be kidding me,” she said, humor in her voice. “So, you plan on contacting my boss, making a deal with him, getting your money, and letting me go…all before your first months rent?” she asked in disbelief, wondering how many seconds it took for them to come up with this plan.

“Sorta,” Dallas said as he slowly began to walk in Riza’s direction, “Haddon, Yates, can you give the lady and I a few minutes?” he asked, not looking over his shoulder. Haddon and Yates nodded before walking out, closing the door behind them. Dallas stopped when he was standing mere inches from Riza. He looked down at her, he’s gold eyes looking right into her amber ones, “I plan on contacting your boss, making a deal with him, getting the money, having my way with you, killing you, and hiding the body…all before the first months rent,” he said as he slowly ran his hand down the side of her face.

Riza’s eyes widened with shock as he spoke to her. When he was done, they quickly narrowed on him.

“Get your grubby hands off me,” Riza scorned as she smacked his hand away and began to walk away from him.

Dallas watched her make her way to the other end of the room, “If you keep talking like that, I’m gonna think you don’t like me,” he said as he slowly made his way to the other side of the room.

Riza was hoping his wouldn’t come over there. There was no way to escape if he did. The bed was pushed up against the wall so she couldn’t go around it, and there was no way in heck she was going over it.

“I don’t like you,” she scorned as he closed in on her.

She began to walk backward slowly as he approached her, “What is it about me that you don’t like? Are my good looks too intimidating? Or do you not like my clothes?” he said as he took a quick look down at his outfit. Riza’s eyes widened with surprise when she backed into a wall. Dallas walked right up in front of her and looked her dead in the face, “Or do you have someone waiting at home for you?” he asked as he raised an eyebrow.

Riza swallowed hard, “No, I just plan don’t like you,” she said coldly, he voice full of fear.

Dallas laughed, “Too bad, cause I like you,” he said as he grabbed her shirt collar and pulled her into a kiss. Riza’s eyes closed tightly as she struggled to get away from his grip. She smacked him and the shoulders, but to no avail. Dallas let go and allowed Riza to fall to the floor. He smiled down at her, “I’ll have Yates bring you something to eat in about an hour,” he said before turning around and heading to the door.

“You’ll never get away with this,” Riza said as she wiped her lips with her sleeve.

Dallas laughed as he grabbed the doorknob, “I plan on it,” he said before opening the door and walking out.

The door clicked shut and she heard it being locked from the other side. She also heard Dallas’ voice telling Haddon to guard it. She slowly got to her feet and walked over to the bed.

She sat down and leaned on the headboard as she hugged the pillow, “What the heck have I gotten myself into?” she asked herself as she shook her head, “I was too busy thinking about how he left me behind when he went to go find Ed and Al. I should have been paying attention to what I was doing. But because he’s such a butt, I dropped my guard. I knew I hated him for a reason,” she said as she remembered the last time she saw him.

(FLASHBACK: THREE DAYS AGO)

Riza and Havoc are seen sitting at their desks in the office. They seem to be doing paperwork.

“Alright, I’m leaving,” Roy said as he walked in and up to his desk, “You two better not slack off while I’m gone,” he ordered as he grabbed some files from his desk and headed to the door.

Riza gave him an odd look, “Sir, where are you going?” she asked as she stood up.

Roy looked at her and sighed, “I have to go find Al and Fullmetal. I’ll be back in a few days,” he assured her before walking to the door.

“Sir!” Riza yelled after as he left the room. “Ugh,” she groaned before running into the hallway after him, “I should go with you,” she said as she stood in front of the open door.

Roy turned around and looked at her, “No, you have something else you need to be doing,” he said with a nod, “I’ll go alone.”

Riza’s eyes narrowed on the young officer, “What could I be doing that is more important than going with you Colonel?” she asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Roy rolled his eyes before walking up to her, “There is a string of rapes and murders in a nearby town. The Fuhrer needs you to go there and check it out,” he answered, though Riza didn’t look happy.

She turned her head and looked away from her boss, “Fine,” she said bitterly.

Roy reached over and gently grabbed her chin. He turned her head in his direction. A look of shock appeared on Riza’s face when he did this, “Do me a favor and be careful,” he said gently, “I don’t want you to get hurt out there,” he said as he looked into her eyes.

“Colonel?” Riza asked confused.

Roy smiled down at her, “I want you to be alive when I get back. I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here,” he said as he let go of her chin and walked away.

(PRESENT)

Riza is still sitting on the bed with her pillow, “I’m sorry Colonel…I failed you,” she said slowly as tears fell from her eyes, “You gave me one order and I didn’t listen. I guess that order will be the last you ever give me,” she sighed, “You could turn this town upside down, inside out, and backward…but you’ll never find me here.”

“I plan on turning that town inside out, upside down, and backward to find her,” Roy said as he looked out the window in the front seat of the car.

Havoc and Armstrong looked at him from the back seat, “Sir, it’s a big town,” Havoc said, a little afraid that Roy’s emotions was taking over his better judgment.

Roy turned around in his seat and looked at Havoc, who was seated behind the driver, “I need Lieutenant Hawkeye,” he said sternly.

Armstrong gave him an odd look, “Why are you so concerned about her sir?” he asked confused.

Roy turned and looked at the man behind him, “Well, I’m not the only one,” he said defensively, “You two are concerned as well,” he said as he motioned to the two of them.

“Yeah, but we’re able to keep our cool,” Havoc explained as he put a hand on his chest, “You’re seem to be jumping further and further over the deep end,” he said slowly, “You have to be more careful sir,” he warned.

Roy’s eyes narrowed on the young lieutenant.

“Yeah, it makes us question why….” Armstrong began, but was cut off.

Roy violently spun around and looked out of the window, “It’s because…she’s the only one who knows how I like my coffee,” he said defensively, in a tone that warned Havoc and Armstrong to drop the subject.

Havoc and Armstrong blinked before turning and looking at one another, “He drinks coffee?” Havoc asked confused.

Armstrong shrugged, but didn’t say a word.

Well, what did you think? I tried to keep the helpful tips in mind. Please don’t be mad that it took so long to update, but I got a little side tracked. I’m really looking forward to the next chapter, so it’ll be posted soon. Bye.

Kijo-Emiko
Aoko-chan
WoWoW~~~ Really interessting ^-^ I wonder what Roy would do to find Riza... I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! I'm also looking forward to the next chapter *and I have to start typing my fic..Lol*

I'll be waiting for it ^^
kijo-emiko
Crossing A Fine Line

Summary: When Riza's mission leads to her disappearance, what will Roy do to get her back? Will he even make it in time?

Chapter Three: Purple Flowers?

Hey! Sorry for the delay. I’m not going to sit here and give you pointless reasons why I didn’t update, but I will tell you one thing; I love this chapter and couldn’t wait to type it. So now you know that I had a good reason for the delay, or this would be posted already. The house it quiet because everyone is gone. Lucky for you, that’s when I do my best typing (that and when I’m at the college, that place inspires me). Well, here you go.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Full Metal Alchemist or any of its characters. I do own Amy though…cute, sweet, Amy. Yay Amy! I also don’t own “Her” by Aaron Tippin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SONGS ARE In ().
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two black cars pulled off to the side of the road, one in front of the other. The drivers put them in park, but didn’t shut them off. Roy emerged from the front seat of the front car and looked at the large building ahead of him. Armstrong got out of the car and stood next to the colonel. He sighed as he looked at the familiar train station. This was the same station they were at when they left the first time. All he could think about was the three people who got on the train here and the two that got back off. Havoc walked around from the other side of the car.

He gave both Armstrong and Mustang an odd look, “Um, are we waiting for the train to come pick us up here. I mean, I’ve heard of door to door service, but that’s ridiculous,” he laughed. Mustang gave him a dirty look, but Armstrong didn’t look away from the building. Havoc’s smile faded as he looked up at Armstrong’s face. It was obvious that something was bothering him, but he wasn’t planning on letting them know. “You ok Major?” Havoc asked curiously.

Armstrong nodded, but didn’t say a word. His eyes still wouldn’t leave that building. Roy gave the man an odd look as well, but decided not to pry.

“Well, the lieutenant’s right. The train won’t be picking us up here any time soon. Let’s go inside,” he said as he motioned to the station.

Without a word, Armstrong walked forward. It seemed as if his eyes were glued to that building. Roy and Havoc watched him walk away from them for a few moments.

“I wonder what’s got into him,” Havoc said as he slowly turned and looked at Roy.
Roy shrugged as he continued to watch the Major head to the building.

“Major!” he heard a young woman call.

“Hmm?” Roy said as he and Havoc turned their heads.

They raised their eyebrows when they saw Amy running for Armstrong. When she finally caught him, she slowed down and walked beside him.

“I think she likes him sir,” Ross said as she approached Havoc and Roy.

Havoc smiled, “Alright Armstrong. You lady-killer you,” he laughed as he winked at Armstrong, who obviously didn’t see him.

“Office relationships are against the rules,” Roy said, his voice stern. Havoc looked at him, his smile fading. Roy managed to ruin the fun again. “Now let’s go. I don’t want to miss the train,” he said as he slammed his door.

Ross and Havoc watched as he shoved his hands in his pockets and walked away without another word.

“Wow, I think everyone is in a bad mood today,” Havoc sighed as he looked to Ross.

Ross nodded with agreement, “Yeah,” she said slowly.

“Well, officers think that they’re better than everyone else,” a male voice said from somewhere near Havoc and Ross. The two turned their heads and looked to see the owner of the voice. The driver smiled as he approached the two of them, “I mean really, just because they’re higher on the food chain, doesn’t mean that they’re better than the rest of us.”

Havoc gave the man an odd look, “That’s what makes them better than the rest of us,” he said slowly, as if making sure the man caught every word.

The man gave him a dirty look, “Yeah well, not all of us can sleep with our superiors and get promoted,” the man grumbled.

Ross’ eyes narrowed on the driver, “Are you implying that we slept around to get where we are today?” she asked slowly, hoping maybe she heard him wrong.
The man shrugged one shoulder, “Perhaps,” he replied simply, receiving very dirty looks as his only reply, “But what I’m really trying to say is…well,” he looked around to see if anyone was near. He walked up and leaned in to tell Havoc and Ross, “Rumor has it, Lieutenant Hawkeye is up for a promotion,” he whispered before leaning back, “We all know the colonel wouldn’t pass up a chick like that,” he said as he pulled up his pants, a dirty smile on his face.

Havoc’s eyes filled with rage. Without thinking, he grabbed the man’s shirt collar and slammed him up against the car.

“Don’t you ever talk about her like that again, do you understand!?!” Havoc asked frantically, his face mere inches from the driver’s, “I don’t know who gave you your information, but Riza wouldn’t do something like that and neither would Roy!” he corrected the man.

“Lieutenant,” Ross said, trying to keep her calm, “We better go,” she said as she placed a hand on the lieutenant’s shoulder.

It took Havoc a second to realize what she was talking about. For those brief moments, he had forgotten everything except how much he hated that driver. When he let what she said sink in, he let go of the driver and took a few steps back. The fire hadn’t yet left his eyes, but that rage was now mixed with guilt. He just stood and defended the same woman that he couldn’t before. He was beginning to know what Armstrong was feeling and he didn’t like it.

“Get in the car and leave,” Havoc ordered as he pointed to the car. The driver didn’t say anything; he just looked at Havoc with wide eyes. “Now,” he ordered again.

This time the driver jumped before running to his side of the car and jumping in.

The car was still running so it didn’t take long for him and his wet pants to get out of there.

“Come on,” Ross said as she grabbed Havoc’s arm and the two headed for the station.

“Sorry about that outburst,” Havoc apologized, seeing how he nearly beat up the driver in front of a woman.

“It’s alright, I would’ve hit him if you hadn’t moved him,” Ross replied, letting him know that she didn’t mind.

“Ow,” Havoc whined as he grabbed his shoulder, “What the heck?” he asked confused.

He didn’t remember doing anything to his shoulder, but for some reason it was very sore.

“Um, I swung at him and it would have hit him if you hadn’t moved him,” Ross said apologetically, she really wasn’t aiming for him.

Havoc opened his mouth to retaliate, but was cut off by an ear piercing squeal, followed by a man’s voice over the intercom, “Last call!” the voice bellowed, sounding not to happy, “The train leaves in two minutes! Last call!” he said before A little static was heard as he shut off the intercom.

“We better hurry lieutenant,” Ross said quickly, “If we miss the train we’ll have to wait till tomorrow for another one,” she said as she tried to pull Havoc along.

“Don’t worry,” Havoc said coolly as he put his hands behind his head, “That’s not our train,” he said in a sorta ‘duh’ tone.

There was another loud, ear piercing, squeal, “The station closes in one minute!” the familiar male voice called, “When the last train leaves in one minute, the station will be closing!” the man said, his normal tone had a hint of excitement at the thought of going home.

The static was heard once more as the intercom was shut off.

“Oh crap!” Havoc yelled as his and Ross’ eyes became wide with fear.

Without another word they both ran as fast as they could for the station.

Riza is seen sitting on the bed. She is leaning on the headboard as she hugs her pillow. She looks out the window and sighs. This was odd for her, she never found herself in a situation where she felt so trapped and hopeless. Though, must of the situations she finds in, she has Roy with her. His absence was taking a toll on her, in more ways than one.

There was a small knock on the door before it slowly creaked open, “Excuse me?” Yates said in his normal, gruff voice. Riza looked at him, her face expressionless. Yates slowly squeezed his large body into the room. Haddon reached in and winked at her before closing the door. She gave him a disgusted look, but didn’t say a word. “I thought maybe ya were hungry,” he said before slowly walking over to her bedside. Riza hugged her pillow tighter to her chest, after the incident with Dallas, she wasn’t too happy about being so close to the large man. Yates noticed her tension and hung his head, “I hope ya like et,” he said as he held the tray out to her. Riza slowly moved her gaze from Yates to the tray. In the center of the tray was a small bowl of rice. Setting next to it was a spoon that was nicely placed on a folded napkin. In the upper right corner stood a tall glass of water. What really caught Riza’s attention was the upper left corner, there was a tiny vase with a single purple flower sticking out of it. Yates was confused by her silence and slowly lifted his head to look at her, “I didn’ know wha ya ate, so I brought ya dis. If ya don’ like et, I kin git ya somethin’ else,” he offered, his eyes wide with hope.

Riza looked up at him confused. She didn’t know why he was being so nice to her. Normally she would have been flattered, but for all she knew, it could’ve been an act.

“I’m not really hungry right now,” Riza replied slowly, still showing no emotion at all.

“Oh,” Yates said, he was slightly startled by her voice, “I’ll just put et over here then,” he said as he turned toward the side table and set the tray down. “Ef ya need anythin’, you be sure ta give me a call,” he said before turning and heading to the door.

She wasn’t going to ask, but her curiosity was getting the best of her, “Um, Yates right?” she called after him, raising her hand slightly.

Yates was standing in front of the door with his hand on the knob. He turned his body slightly, not taking his hand on the doorknob.

“Huh?” he asked, a little relieved that she was actually speaking to him.

“Um,” Riza said quickly. She looked into his eyes, still so soft for his large size. She was taken away by them for a moment and forgot what she was going to say. She also didn’t realize that she was staring at him with her jaw dropped. Yates gave her an odd look before tilting his head slightly. “Oh,” Riza said as she shook her head, trying to snap out of her thoughts, “Wha-what’s the flower for?” she asked, though she was beginning to think that the question seemed a bit to mediocre for the current situation.

“Oh,” Yates said as he motioned around the room, “Et’s kinda plan in here. I thought ya could use some color,” he said slowly, “Ef ya don’ like et, I kin take et back,” he assured her before letting go of the doorknob and quickly crossing the room. “I didn’ know et would bother ya,” he said apologetically as he reached for the flower on the plate.

“No,” Riza assured him as she reached over and grabbed his arm, “I really like it. It was nice of you to do that for me,” she said slowly.

Yates looked at the hand on his arm before moving his gaze to Riza. The young woman looked at the giant and gave him a small smile. Yates blushed a bit before giving her a small smile back. Riza’s eyes moved down to where her arm sat. They widened when what she was doing finally hit her. A look of horror appeared on her face as she pulled her hand back and hugged her pillow once more. Yates’ expression changed to one of confusion when he saw her do this.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized again. His black eyes filled with sadness as he looked away. For a few moments he enjoyed her touch, but he didn’t enjoy that familiar look of terror that he received so often. He turned and headed for the door once more, “I guess I better go, Dallas’ll git mad ef I stay too long,” he said slowly, his voice full of the same sadness the filled his eyes.

Riza looked up at him, “Yates,” she said slowly. The man turned around and looked at her once more, “Why are you so nice to me?” she asked curiously.
Yates shrugged, “Because yer different,” he replied slowly before turning to the door again, “And it’s hard ta be mean ta beauty,” he said as he opened the door and walked out.

Riza watched the door close and heard it being locked from the outside. She smiled a bit at his comment before turning and looking at the flower on the tray. She laughed a bit at the thought of it. Just a few minutes ago she was so afraid, but that tiny little flower let her know that someone is looking out for her. At that very moment, all her fear left her body and she knew she was getting out.
Roy is seen sitting in his seat on the train. He rests his head in his hand as he looks out the window. The world outside flew past, but he hadn’t even realized they were moving. All he could think about was what was going on. He hoped that they would find her and prayed that they would make it in time.

“Excuse me, Sir?” Amy’s weak voice said from the end of the booth. Roy didn’t acknowledge her. He kept his gaze out the window, “Sir?” Amy said, a little louder this time.

Roy heard her this time, “What?” he asked quietly, not looking at her.

Amy smiled a bit, she was glad to see that he finally heard her, “Major Armstrong
asked me to come get you. He’s in the dining car and would like your company,” she said excitedly, she was happy to do what the Major instructed.

“I’m not hungry,” Roy replied simply, but it didn’t work. His stomach began to growl causing both he and Amy to look at it, “I guess I am,” he said as he placed a hand on it, “I hadn’t even noticed,” he said as he raised an eyebrow.

Amy gave him an odd look, “Than you will join him then?” she asked hopefully, seeing how he actually was hungry.

Roy looked at her and smiled a bit at her enthusiasm, “I think I’ll just stay here, thank you though,” he said simply.

“Oh,” Amy whined, her smile fading. It quickly reappeared as another thought came to mind, “I’ll bring to food to you then,” she said, even more excited then before.

Roy laughed at her unwillingness to give up, “I’m sure I’ll be fine, thanks,” he replied simply before turning and looking out the window once more.

“But Colonel,” Amy said slowly, “You need to keep yourself strong if you want to help the Lieutenant, Sir,” she reminded him, seeing how he needed it at the moment.

Roy looked at her, “Ok,” he nodded, “Tell the major I’ll be right there,” he instructed as he motioned for her to leave him.

“Yes sir,” Amy replied, she was happy to see that he was going, “I’ll see you there,” she said before walking away.

Roy shook his head before looking out the window once more, “Don’t worry Hawkeye, we’ll get you out of there.” He closed his eyes and sighed a bit, “Wherever, there, may be,” he said before getting up out of his seat and heading to the dinning car.

(What makes me get up every mornin’
When I can’t find the will
And what keeps me goin’ through all the motions
When all my dreams are standing still)

(FLASHBACK)
Roy is seen sitting behind his desk in his office. He appears to be doing paperwork. Riza walks in and right up to his desk. She drops a large pile of papers on it. He lifts his head and gives her a dirty look. She simply smiled and walks over to her desk. He watches her walk and while her back is turned, he smiles at her. He would never let her seem him look at her that way, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t when she wasn’t looking.

(I do it for her
It’s all about her
God knows she gives me more than I deserve
Every thought I think
Every breath I breathe
Everything that I hold dear to me
Revolves around one simple little word
Her)

Roy sighs as he stretches his arms up in the air. He looks at Riza and says something. She looks at him and shakes her head. Though she told him no, Roy got up and headed to the door anyway. He smiled and waved before swinging his coat over his shoulder and walking out the door. Riza looked at the tall stack of papers on his desk and sighed. The Fuhrer ordered that they be done that night.

(There’s times I take it all for granted
Just how fortunate I am
God knows it took a better woman, to make me a better man
Oh, sometimes it don’t show
Don’t always let her know
What I couldn’t live without
I know there ain’t no doubt)

Roy walks in the next morning and sees Riza at his desk. She is resting her head in her arms and appears to be sound asleep. The papers are gone. He knew she stayed there all night just to do that for him, but didn’t know why. He smiles at the sight of her. He feels a little guilty about it. He walks up behind her and covers her with his coat. He smiles again before leaving the office.

(I do it for her
It’s all about her
God knows she gives me more than I deserve
Every thought I think
Every breath I breathe
Everything that I hold dear to me
Revolves around one simple word
Her)

He slowly closes the door, trying not to make too much noise. He turns around and finds himself face to face with Havoc. Havoc says something and reaches for the doorknob. Roy says something as he gently pushes him back. Havoc gives him an odd look, but nods and the two walk off.
(She’s my life work
And for all it’s worth)

Riza wakes up and stretches. She looks down and sees the coat. Though she was a bit confused at first, but smiles when she realizes who it belongs to. She wraps it around her tighter before lowering her head on the desk and closing her eyes.

(I do it for her
It’s all about her
Oh God know she gives me more than I deserve
Every thought I think
Every breath I breathe
Everything I hold dear to me
Revolves around on little word
Her)

(PRESENT)
Roy is seen walking past the passengers on the train. His hands are in his pockets and a look of defeat is plastered on his face.

Armstrong and Amy are seen at the table. They appear to be reading the menus.

“Sorry I’m late,” Roy said solemnly as he sat across from Armstrong.

“It’s alright, we had time to look over the menu,” Armstrong said, trying to make the colonel feel better.

Roy nodded before picking up his menu and looking over it, “I guess we’re waiting for Havoc and Ross then?” he asked, though he didn’t look up at the other two.

“You did tell them right?” Armstrong asked as he looked to Amy.

Amy, who currently had her glass to her mouth, nearly choked on her water. She pulled the glass from her lips and wiped her mouth with her napkin.

She cleared her throat as she placed the glass on the table, “Well, you see,” she said slowly, “I uh…, couldn’t find them,” she said, her voice cracking a bit.

She gave Armstrong an apologetic look, but didn’t say another word.

Roy looked over his menu at them, “Where are they then?” he asked confused.
“Don’t worry, that’s not our train,” Ross said irritably as she looked to Havoc.

They two were sitting on the bench outside of the train station. They had missed their train and were locked out of the station.

“How was I supposed to know?” Havoc asked as he motioned to himself, “And how is it always my fault? We were both supposed to ride the same train?” he asked as he gave her a dirty look.

Ross didn’t answer, she was way to cold too. The chill of the night air just made the two of them even more irritable.

“Lieutenant…nevermind,” Ross began, but quickly changed her mind.

She rubbed her arms with her hands, trying desperately to keep warm. Havoc looked at her, his eyes filled with guilt.

“Here,” he mumbled before removing his uniform jacket. He wrapped it around the woman’s shoulders, “Better?” he asked slowly.

Maria looked at him and nodded. She was still mad that they were stuck outside of the station all night, seeing how their drivers had already left, but she was grateful that she wasn’t alone.
Well, what did ya think? I hope you liked it. There will be some music in this fic, but not a lot, so don’t worry.

Kijo_Emiko. blink.gif
kijo-emiko
Crossing A Fine Line

Chapter Four: You Can Run…

Hey! Wow, I updated fast. But I can’t let you people down, so I have to update. Thanks for sticking with my fic. I was afraid that nobody would like it because it is serious and doesn’t have a whole lot of humor. I’m glad you like it though. Please continue to read.

Mustang is seen getting off the train. He turned to look for his companions and smiled when he saw Armstrong and Amy getting off. They walked right up to him, both appearing to be rather tired.

Mustang looked at his watch, “It’s ten minutes to midnight,” he informed them before closing his watch and shoving it into his pocket, “Let’s go find Hawkeye,” he ordered before turning around and heading in the other direction.

Sweat drops formed on both Armstrong and Amy’s heads as confusion filled their faces. Mustang stopped when he got the funny feeling that nobody was following him. He slowly turned around and faced his companions, wonder in his eyes.

“Sir, I don’t mean to disrespect you, but it’s nearly midnight and we’re tired,” Amy said slowly. Her voice was shaky with the fear she felt as she eyeballed Mustang’s gloves. She had an image of him burning her for her insubordination in her head. She shook the image out as she spoke again, “Requesting permission to go to the hotel sir,” she said weakly.

Roy gave her an irritated look, “No, the sooner we start looking, the sooner we find Hawkeye,” he argued, a little irritated by the woman’s suggestion.

Armstrong looked at the young woman with his eyes, but didn’t move his head an inch. He watched as she sighed and hung her head. She was probably more tired than anyone, considering he and Mustang had her running all over the train in an attempt to find Havoc and Ross. He felt a little guilty and decided to speak up.

“Sir, I think Lieutenant Forest is right. We should retire to the hotel,” Armstrong agreed with the young girl as his eyes shot in the colonel’s direction.

“Uh?” Amy asked confused before looking up at Armstrong.

“Even if we were to find Hawkeye tonight, we wouldn’t be strong enough to fight to get her back,” Armstrong informed him, his voice stern.

Roy was a little surprised by Armstrong’s behavior, so was Armstrong, but deep down he knew the tall man was right. Unfortunately, Roy is a stubborn man and wouldn’t give up.

“Fine,” he said irritably as he crossed his arms, “You know what my luggage looks like. Pick it up and wait for Havoc and Ross. When they get here you may retire to the hotel,” he ordered before turning around and heading in the other direction once again.

“Sir,” Amy called out to him, “Where are you going?” she asked, a little worried.

“To find Hawkeye,” Roy answered simply, without turning around.

Armstrong and Amy looked at each other, but didn’t say a word. Amy shrugged before the two headed for the luggage that was being unloaded from the train.

Riza is seen standing by the window of her dark room. She sighed as she looked down at the alley below. She really wanted to get out of there, but she wasn’t sure how. There was a noise heard from atop the building next to her.

“What?” she asked confused, and a bit startled. Her eyes shot up to the top of the next building as she search for its creator. She didn’t find the noise, but she did find something useful. There was an old-fashioned clothesline that went from above her window and attached to the side of the next building. It was the kind that you could hang the clothes on and push it to move them further out on the line, or pull it to bring them back to you. A smile spread across her face as an idea came to mind. She frantically looked around the room, but stopped when her eyes fell on the bed. She tilted her head slightly as she tried to size the blanket in her mind. Then she turned and looked out the window once more. They were on the top floor and it was a long way down. “I think…hmm,” she said to herself. She kept looking between the bed and the window, “It’ll be a little short. But it’s better to jump from that far down than this high up,” she told herself.

Her head snapped in the direction of the door when she heard the doorknob jiggle. She didn’t want them to know what she was doing so she ran over to the bed and jumped in. She laid on her side on top of the covers and tried to look as if she had been there the whole time. The door slowly creaked open and Haddon stuck his grubby head in. He had a look on his face as if he wasn’t supposed to be there. He nervously looked over his shoulder then back at Riza. A sadistic smile spread across his face. He slowly entered the room and gently closed the door behind him. He wanted to make as little noise as possible.

“Just ‘cause da boss won’t let us touch er, doesn’t mean I won’t anyway,” Haddon said as he rubbed his hands together and made his way to Hawkeye’s bed. He slowly climbed up on the end of it and crawled up to her. “Wake up pretty woman,” he said wickedly. He kept crawling until he was over top of Riza, “I said wake up!” he yelled in a whisper before smacking her in the back of the head.

Riza rolled over and laid on her back as she looked up at him, “Get off you pervert,” she said quietly, her eyes narrowing on him.

Haddon shook his head, “Not till I’m done,” he said as he grabbed her wrists and pinned them down.

Fire raged in the young woman’s eyes as Haddon leaned in to kiss her, “You’re done,” she said bitterly before kicking him in the groin.

“Ahhhh!” Haddon yelled as he let go of Riza and pulled back, “That hurt,” he squeaked as he grabbed himself.

Footsteps were heard outside the door, but neither of them let it interrupt what was going on.

“I said…get…off,” Riza said as she placed a foot on the man’s chest and pushed with all her might.

“What’s going on?” Dallas asked as he ran into the room, at the most inopportune time. Just as he ran in, Haddon flew into him, “Oww!” he yelled as he fell backward.

Riza saw her opportunity and darted out of the room. She looked behind her once and saw Haddon on top of Dallas as the two struggled to get up. She smiled a bit before turning for the door.

“Ah!” she screamed a little when she found Yates standing right in front of her.

Her eyes stared as she moved them up his masculine body to his face. He blinked down at her for a second. She knew she was caught; there was no way she could get out of this. Yates looked up and saw Haddon and Dallas fighting.

“Sorry, but I can’t let ya escape,” he said solemnly. He looked back down at Riza and watched as she hung her head, “But I kin give ya a head start,” he smiled.

Riza’s eyes widened with surprise as she snapped her head up in his direction. She wanted to ask him why, but decided not to push her luck.

“Thank you,” she whispered before walking around him for the door.

She was startled when she felt the man’s hand wrap around her arm. She knew that it was too good to be true. She slowly turned her head back and looked up at him.

“If I find ya, I have ta capture ya,” Yates warned her, “So when ya leave, go left. Run as fast as ya kin ta da bakery. They’ll be closed, but pound on da door until the owner comes out. Tell him what is happening and he’ll let ya hide in there. When morning comes, go through da center of town…not da alleys…and head ta da train station. Get on da first train and go back home. Ef ya follow those instructions, you’ll make et back ok. Got et?” he ordered, but didn’t look at her.

Riza nodded, “Yeah, I got it,” she assured the tall man.

Without another word, Yates let go of her arm and she ran out of the apartment.

“Yates!” Dallas yelled from where he was on the floor. Yates look over and saw that the two were still fighting each other to get up, “Yates! Where are you?” he continued to yell.

“Here boss,” Yates said as he walked up to the two of them. “What happened,” he asked, as if he didn’t already know.

“Don’t worry about us, go stop the woman before she gets out!” Dallas ordered.

Yates looked to the open door, “Sorry, she’s already gone. I musta missed er,” he lied, hoping that Riza was at least out of the building.

Haddon and Dallas finally got to their feet, “Well, no time to waist,” Dallas said as he brushed himself off, “Let’s go,” he said as the three ran for the door.

Riza ran out of the building and doubled over as she tried to catch her breath. She looked to the left and then to the right. She wondered if she could believe him or if this was a trap. She figured that it wasn’t a trap, if he wanted to catch her, he would have already.

She shook her head, “Well, here goes nothing,” she said to herself before running to the left.

The three men ran out of the building shortly after that. They looked around, but they couldn’t see anything in the black of the night.

“Which way should we go?” Haddon asked, as if Dallas would know.

“I think we should go right,” Yates suggested.

Dallas and Haddon gave him an odd look, but they didn’t have time to argue, “Let’s go then,” Dallas instructed as he and Haddon headed in that direction.

Yates stood for a moment and looked the other way, “I hope you listened to me,” he whispered, wondering if she had followed his orders.

“Yates, come on!” Dallas yelled as he stopped and looked at him, “She’s military personnel, you know she’s gotta be fast!” he screamed.

“Coming,” Yates assured him as he tore his eyes from where he was staring and ran after Dallas.

Riza looked frantically at the passing stores, hoping that she would find the bakery. Her ribs began to ache from the running, but she pushed herself to keep going. Thoughts of what Yates had said echoed in her mind. She still didn’t know if she should believe him, but it was a little late now. She slowed her running to a jog in an attempt to keep some of her remaining energy. She longed to go back and make a right out of that building, but if they were following her, she would just run into them.

“Ah!” she screamed a little as her foot hit something hard and she fell to the ground. She gasped for air as she laid there. She was a little relieved that she got to rest, but getting to her feet wasn’t going to be easy. She looked down at her legs and saw the rock she tripped over lying at her feet. “Thanks a lot,” she grumbled. She moaned as she attempted to push herself up with her arms, but whined when they gave way and she fell to the ground. She sighed irritably, stirring the loose dirt that was under her face, before hitting her head on the ground as a punishment for her own stupidity, “If the colonel was here, he’d laugh at me. Then he’d yell at me for listening to the enemy,” she scolded herself. She turned her head to the side and laid it on the ground. “What now?” she asked herself, knowing that if she were to stay there, they’d catch her for sure. Just when she felt she was doomed, she spotted the sign above the store next to her, “The bakery,” she said, a smile spreading across her face. Her excitement made her adrenaline rush just enough to give her the strength to get to her feet. She turned and faced the rock, “Thank you,” she said with a smile before limping to the window. She looked inside and noticed that all the lights were off, “Yates was right, they’re closed,” she said bitterly, she had hoped he was wrong. She limped her way to the door and began pounding on it, “Help!” she screamed, and she didn’t care who heard her just as long as the baker did, “Help me please,” she continued to yell.

The lights in the store came on as the voice of an elder man was heard, “I’m coming, hold your apple sauce,” the old man said, a little humor in his voice. Riza’s eyes widen at the though that she was going to be saved. She heard the door being unlocked from the other side, “I’m old, so don’t hurt me,” the man laughed again. He opened the door and looked at Riza, “Oh my, you don’t look too good darling,” he said slowly.

“Please help me,” she sighed.

Mustang can be seen walking through the city streets. His hands were in his pockets as he attempted to keep himself warm. He had no idea where to start looking, but he knew that there wouldn’t be one place in that city left unturned.

“Ow,” he moaned when he ran into something hard and fell back on the ground. He looked up and rubbed his head, curious to see what he ran into, “Watch where you’re going,” he ordered bitterly, his eyes narrowing on the other man.

“You watch where you’re going,” the other man scorned as his two friends pulled him to his feet.

Roy got up off the ground and cursed his sore butt, “What are you doing running around at night anyway? You could hurt someone,” he said, wondering if he sounded too much like a father.

“We was looking for someone,” a high-pitched voice squeaked, “And ya were gettin’ in our way,” it scolded.

Roy couldn’t really make them out, but he could see that there were only three of them. One was about his height, one a little taller, and one that appeared to be a bit taller than Armstrong.

“Well, I’m looking for someone too. So get out of my way,” Roy ordered as he rubbed his head.

“Or what?” the man about his height asked as he crossed his arms.

Roy wished that he could just burn the lot of them, but decided that death of an innocent would lead to a major demotion…or prison. He took a deep breath as he tried to control his anger.

“Just get out of my way,” Roy said before pushing past them. His uniform became visible to the tallest man when Roy walked through the moonlight, but not to the other two. Roy could have sworn that he heard a gruff voice say bakery as he past that man, but shook it off.

“I have a feeling that they’re not getting off the train,” Amy whined as she looked to Armstrong.

The two were sitting outside of the closed train station.

“I have a feeling you’re right,” he agreed as he looked at his watch, “The sun will be coming up anytime now and the station’s been closed for several hours.”

Amy placed a hand on the major’s arm, causing him to look down at her, “If it isn’t too much to ask sir, I really would like to retire to the hotel. I’m getting awfully tired,” she pleaded, hoping her charm would have an effect on the man.

Armstrong blinked as he looked into her large blue eyes, “I think you’re right. They probably missed the train,” he said as he looked away, “Which means they won’t be here until midnight tomorrow,” he said, thinking about how stupid the two of them are, but not saying it. “Come on then,” he ordered as he got tried to get to his feet. He stopped when he felt a weight on his arm. “Huh?” he asked as he looked to the side. Amy had fallen asleep on his arm and probably didn’t even hear what Armstrong had said. The tall man couldn’t bring himself to wake her, so he gently removed her from his arm and laid her on the ground. He got up and brushed himself off, “Carrying women has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations,” he said, though she obviously didn’t hear him. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her off, “I wonder where all the luggage went?” he asked himself, but shrugged it off and kept walking.

Mustang can be still be seen walking through the city. Unfortunately, he had been looking all night and hadn’t found anything. He sighed when he noticed the sun was beginning to come up.

“I wonder,” he said to himself when he thought about what he heard, “Could she really be at the bakery?” he asked himself, though he wasn’t sure if hearing things was evidence enough. He sighed a little, “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check. But…uh…where is the bakery?” he asked as he scratched his head and looked around.

He picked a direction and began to walk that way.

“Excuse me sir,” a little boy said as he pulled on Mustang’s pant leg. Roy looked down at him, giving the boy an odd look, “I need to go to the bakery and get bread for Mommy, but I can’t cross the street alone. Could you hold my hand and take me?” he asked sweetly.

Roy was a little surprised, “Actually, I was headed to the Bakery myself,” he told the young boy, but received nothing but a laugh from the young kid, “What?” he asked confused.

“You’re going to wrong way. You’ll never get to the bakery that way,” he said as he adjusted his square glasses.

Roy couldn’t help but think that this child was a little familiar, but he shook it off. He couldn’t care less if this child was the Leader of the New World, just as long as he was willing to take him to the bakery. Without another word, Mustang took the boy’s hand and lead him across the street.

Riza can be seen sitting up in her makeshift bed on the floor. She stretched her arms high above her head as she yawned.

“Are you hungry?” the elder man asked as he entered her room with a tray of food. Riza smiled but she shook her head, “I think you should eat a little something before you go. It’ll keep you strong,” the old man insisted as he held the tray out to her.

Riza must admit, the food did look really good, “I guess I should, but I have to leave soon,” she insisted, trying not to hurt the old man’s feelings.

“I know, and I must open my store soon,” he reminded her with a smile. After his wife past, he was lonely, but he knew he couldn’t keep Riza there. Helping her hide from her enemies was reward enough for him. There was a small knock on the door, which caused Riza and the old man to look up nervously. “Tell me, what did you say your enemies look like?” the old man asked, his voice a little shaky but he tried hard to hide it.

“He’s really tall, has short black hair, and black eyes. They’re very gentle eyes, but don’t let that fool you. If he’s here than he tricked me,” Riza said nervously.

“Got it,” the old man said in a stern voice as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Riza was more nervous for him than herself, until a frightening thought filled her mind. What if the old man was in on it too? Could she trust him?

“I’m coming, hold your apple sauce,” the man called as he laughed a bit, “That never gets old,” he said as he shook his head.

He opened the door and his smile faded when he found himself face to face with a man, “I’m looking for someone,” the man said hopefully, a young child clinging tightly to his hand, “She’s got blonde hair, amber eyes, and the most beautiful smile. Please tell me you’ve seen her,” the man pleaded.

“Who are you?” the old man asked bitterly as he looked at the man’s black hair and gentle black eyes.

“Colonel Mustang,” the man replied.

Sorry so short, but I wanted to end it there. So what did you think? I hope you enjoyed it. I know it went a little fast, sorry. I hope it didn’t shoot between different scenes too often, but I wanted to show what everyone was doing…except poor Havoc and Ross who are still stuck at the train station.

Kijo-Emiko
Aoko-chan
I did enjoy it ^-^!!!! It was pretty good!!! I wonder if the bakery man would mistake the colonel for the bad guys or not :S

Update sooon please !!!!!
Femalchemist
I'm really enjoying your story so far. I would think about adding more tension so the reader feels on edge to see what's going to happen but you definitely have talent.
kijo-emiko
Crossing A Fine Line

Chapter Fine: Comic Intermission: What Happened To Havoc And Ross?

Hello ladies and gents. It’s good to see you again. Thanks for all of your reviews. I wasn’t going to do this, but I’m going to have a Havoc/Ross moment for this chapter.

Disclaimer: I still don’t own Full Metal Alchemist or any of its characters.

TO LET YOU KNOW, THIS CHAPTER HAS A MESS LOAD OF GAY COMMENTS IN IT. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GAYS AND HAVE MANY FRIENDS WHO ARE GAY. PLEASE DON’T THINK THAT I AM HOMOPHOBIC.

RATED: AHLB (ALL HAVOC LOVERS BEWARE)

Havoc and Ross can be seen on the train. Havoc has his elbow on the windowsill and his head rested in his hand. Ross is sitting across from him. She is also starring out the window, but she has her hands in her lap. Havoc’s uniform jacket is lying on her lap because she hadn’t given it back to him yet. She glanced over at him occasionally as she thought about the night before. He seemed like such a gentleman; apologizing for nearly hitting a man in front of her, lending her his jacket when she was cold, and walking all the way to the store to get her something to drink when she was thirsty. It just didn’t seem like him…at all. She was however a little ticked at the fact that he didn’t use the phone when he was there to call Central. She wondered if he didn’t do it on purpose. Her eyes narrowed on him as that thought crossed her mind. What if he did do it on purpose? What if it was all on purpose? Did he just want an excuse to be with her? Her eyes narrowed even more before she snapped her head to look out the window.

“Excuse me, is this seat taken?” a woman’s voice asked, causing both Havoc and Ross to turn their heads. They spotted a tall, blonde woman standing next to Havoc’s seat. She was wearing a low cut, white blouse and a short, denim, miniskirt. Ross rolled her eyes at the sight of the woman, but Havoc’s jaw dropped. She was looking right at him and motioning to the seat next to him. He couldn’t say a word, but a bit of drool began to come out of the corner of his mouth. The woman smiled a bit at Havoc’s reaction, “Well, is it?” she asked flirtatiously as she batted her large blue eyes.

Ross’ face went red when she noticed the look on Havoc’s face. She crossed her arms over her chest before closing her eyes, a large anger cross appearing on the side of her forehead.

“Yes,” she said sternly, not looking up at the woman.

Havoc’s drooling face changed to one of disbelief as he snapped his head in Ross’ direction, “What?” he asked with disbelief, wondering what her problem was, “No it’s not!’” he argued as he shook his head.

Ross opened her eyes and titled her head slightly, “You’re right, it’s not,” she agreed before closing her eyes once more, “And it’s not going to be,” she spat.

The woman looked between the two military personnel and bit her bottom lip, “Oh, you two are…together?” she asked hesitantly as she motioned between the two of them.

Both of them stood up and looked at the woman, “NO!” they yelled frantically as they shook their heads.

The woman was a little shocked by their reaction and took a step back, “Well then both of you have issues you need to work through,” she said as she motioned between the two of them once more, “I’ll see you later,” she said as she winked at Havoc and walked off.

Havoc watched the woman saunter off, a large smile on his face. Ross shook her head before sitting back down and looking out the window. Havoc sat down in his seat and leaned back. He crossed his arms over his chest as he stared at Ross.

Ross got the feeling she was being watched, “What?” she asked, not turning to look at Havoc.

“Green is not a good color on you,” Havoc said with a bit of a smile.

Ross looked at him and raised an eyebrow, “Excuse me?” she asked, not understanding where he was going with this.

Havoc laughed a bit, “Green…jealousy…it doesn’t look good on you,” he said, trying to break it down so that she understood.

Ross’ eyes narrowed, “What makes you think I’m jealous? I never said I was jealous,” she asked irritably, but sounding a bit defensive.

Havoc leaned forward and looked her in the face, “Because ever since she got here, you’ve been clinging to my jacket like Mustang to Hawkeye,” he said as he gently pulled on his jacket.

Ross slowly looked down to see what he was talking about. Her eyes widened at the sight of it. She had been hugging his jacket tightly to her chest the whole time. She began to wonder if maybe he was right, maybe she was jealous. Which meant that all that stuff she was thinking earlier was wrong. It wasn’t him who wanted to stay with her at the station; it was her who wanted to stay with him at the station. She didn’t realize that she was attempting to hide her feelings for him, but it was true.

“I guess you’re right,” Ross admitted as she continued to stare at the jacket, he already found her out so she might as well tell him how she feels.

Havoc laughed a bit as he leaned back in his seat once more, “Of course I’m right,” he said arrogantly, “But you have to think of it this way, there is no need to be jealous. You see, they only get to see me when I’m on this train; you’re blessed with seeing me everyday. And, if you’re a good girl, you can room with me at the hotel,” he said with a wink.

Ross shook her head as all the feelings she had for him left with her patience, “No, you’re right about the jacket, but I only clung to it because I thought it was mine,” she said with a sigh, she couldn’t think of a better lie in her lack of time, “But I’m not jealous and I don’t care if you do go out with that woman later. You have to realize that when we get there, you have to tell Mustang why we were late. Enjoy your time now, because he’s gonna kill us,” she said before throwing Havoc’s coat at him and getting up.

“Ross,” Havoc called after her as she walked away, “I’m sorry,” he apologized.

Ross ignored him as she continued to walk.

“Ma’am?” the blonde asked as she walked up to Ross. Ross stopped and looked at her, “How do you do it?” she asked as she bit her bottom lip once more.

“How do I do what?” Maria asked irritably, this was the last woman she wanted to talk too.

The woman laughed a bit, “How do you sit with a man like that and not make a move?” she asked as she motioned to Havoc, “I mean, it’s taking everything I have not to run over and jump on him now,” she said as she eyed Havoc.

Maria flinched at those words, “It’s not hard,” she said as she shoved the image of what the woman said out of her mind.

The woman laughed again, “Oh come on, you can’t tell me that there isn’t some type of…tension…between the two of you,” she said as she nudged Ross with her elbow.

“Yes I can, Havoc is gay,” Ross said simply before turning and walking away, a small smirk strewn on her face.

The blonde’s eyes widened with disbelief before she slowly turned to look in Havoc’s direction. She watched in wonder as he talked to the man standing next to his seat.

“Wow, I never would have guessed, “ the blonde shrugged before walking off.

Havoc and Ross can be seen making their way to the food cart. Havoc looked around worriedly as women pointed and whispered and men winked at him. He didn’t mind the women, but the men were creeping him out.

“Lieutenant?” he asked as he gently nudged Ross with his arm, “Do I look different to you?” he asked as he moved his head in different directions so she could get a good view of all the sides of his face.

Ross looked up at him and shook her head, “No, why?” she asked irritably, still a bit mad at him, but more mad at herself.

“Well,” Havoc said as he scratched his head, “All these women keep looking at me,” he confessed as he motioned around.

Ross shook her head; his arrogance was killing her, “Maybe they like you,” she said slowly, sounding as if she were painfully forcing the words from her mouth.

Havoc smiled as he adjusted his shirt, “And what’s not to like?” he asked, causing Ross to roll her eyes, “But that’s not what bothers me. Why are all these men looking at me?” he asked, hoping she knew the answer.

“I don’t kn…” Ross began, but stopped when she remembered what had happened earlier.

Havoc noticed the silence and looked down at her, “What?” he asked, waiting for her to finish.

Ross’ eyes widened, “I…uh…have to…go in here,” she said frantically before grabbing the doorknob of the bathroom and going inside.

Havoc stood confused as he looked at the bathroom door. He heard Ross’ uncontrollable laughter from behind the door. A man walked behind Havoc, a smile forming on his face. Havoc jumped and grabbed his butt after the passing man pinched it. He rubbed his butt as the man continued on his way. His head snapped back to the door when he heard it open and he watched as Ross walked out of it. She cleared her throat and fixed her shirt.

“You ok?” he asked as she walked over and stood next to him.

“I’m fine,” Ross assured him, humor lingering in her voice, “Let’s go get some food,” she suggested before motioning in the direction of the food car.

Havoc watched her walk away, he was confused by her snickering, but decided not to ask.

They entered the food car and found a table, “Hmm…” Havoc said as he scanned the menu with his eyes, trying to decide what he wanted.

Ross looked from her menu to him a few times, trying hard not to laugh…but failing miserably. She happened to look at a table on the other side of the food cart and saw the blonde woman. She couldn’t help but wonder if she’s the reason the whole train thinks that Havoc is gay.

“Um, I’ll be back in a minute,” she assured Havoc as she laid her menu on the table and got up to walk away.

“Huh?” Havoc said vacantly as he watched her get up, but looked back to his menu as she walked away.

Ross approached the blonde woman’s table. She noticed that the woman was sitting with a man, and if she heard the conversation right, they just met. She rolled her eyes at the thought that the woman could forget Havoc so fast and move on to another man, but she decided not to let it bother her.

“Umm, can I ask you something?” Ross said quietly, causing the woman to look up at her, “You didn’t tell anyone what I told you…did you?” she asked, hoping that maybe she didn’t.

The woman’s eyes got big, “Oh no, was that a secret?” she asked as she covered her mouth with her hand.

Ross laughed a bit, “No, I was just wondering,” she said, “Actually, I have a confession to make…” she began, figuring that if this woman was with another man, she might not be a threat to her and Havoc’s relationship…or lack there of. “You see, Havoc’s not…”

“I’m back,” the chipper voice of a woman said as she sat down at the blonde’s table, “Who is this?” she asked as she looked up at Ross.

“This is the gay man’s friend,” the blonde said as she pointed at Ross, “Remember, I told you about him?” she said as she playfully slapped her friend’s shoulder.

“Oh, the hot one,” the girl said with a grin. If it wasn’t for a bit of a difference in the face, and that fact that her shirt was black, she could have been the blonde’s twin, “Oh, if could just have one day with him, he wouldn’t be gay anymore,” she said as she stared at Havoc.

Ross’ jealousy gene kicked into high gear as he face went red. She thought that she was safe when the blonde found a new man, but now this woman wanted a piece of Havoc too. She couldn’t have that happen.

“I’m sorry, but there is no turning back for him,” Ross apologized, “He’s climbed the gay mountain, crossed the hanging gay bridge, rowed across the gay river, and sunk the gay boat,” she lied before turning around and heading back to the table; leaving the woman sad and depressed.

“What was that all about?” Havoc asked as Ross sat across the table from him and picked up her menu, “I saw you talking to those women, I also saw them looking at me. Why?” he asked, hoping that she would say that they were interested in him.

“Nothing,” Ross said as she shook her head, “Did you decide what you want?” she asked, trying to change the subject.

“Yeah, I already ordered,” Havoc replied as he sat his menu on the table, “I need to go to the bathroom. I’ll be back in a minute,” he said before getting up and leaving.

“Madam?” the waiter said as he approached the table. Ross looked up at him and smiled, “Are you, Havoc?” he asked, a bit arrogant.

Ross shook her head, “No, the man sitting with me is Havoc,” she replied, a little confused.

The waiter looked at the seat across from her, then back at her, “Madam, there is no one sitting in front of you,” he said, sounding as if he were speaking to a child.

Ross blushed a bit, “Not now, but he was. He had to use the bathroom,” she said as she motioned to the bathroom.

The waiter cleared his throat, “Your metal issues are no never mind to me, this is for your imaginary coworker,” he said as he handed her a piece of paper with Havoc’s name on it, “The sender of the paper wants to know if your ‘friend’ has a first name,” he continued, using air quotes around the word friend.

Ross gave him an irritated look, “First off, he’s not imaginary and yes, it’s Jean,” she assured him. The waiter grumbled a bit before turning around, “Wait, who sent this?” Ross asked as she red the note. The waiter didn’t say a word, he just pointed to the other side of the restaurant. Ross looked over and saw a man waving at her, “Uh oh,” she sighed as she looked back down at the paper and the waiter left.

“Ok, I’m back,” Havoc said as he sat down in front of her, “So what did you order?” he asked curiously.

Ross quickly hid the paper behind her back, “Nothing,” she said frantically as she got to her feet, “Nothing at all,” she assured him with a smile.

“What?” he asked confused, not understanding why she answered that way, “So you ordered nothing?” he guessed.

“What?” Ross asked confused, she thought he had asked her about the paper, “Oh, no. I’m not really hungry. Thank you though,” she said before getting up to leave.

Havoc gave her an odd look, but decided not to pry. That was until he spotted the paper behind her back with his name on it.

“What’s this?” he asked as he yanked the paper from his hand and opened it up. Ross closed her eyes tightly as she sighed, she was hoping he wouldn’t see that. Havoc opened the paper and smiled, “Meet me in the dinning car at nine?” he said as he read the paper out loud. Ross sat back down in her seat and looked up at him, “Who sent this?” he asked excitedly.

“You don’t want to know,” Ross sighed as she put her elbow on the table and rested her head in her hand.

Havoc looked up at her and smiled, “You didn’t want to show me this did you?” he asked, thinking her jealously was kind of cute.

Ross shook her head, “No, I didn’t,” she admitted, she honestly didn’t want to.

Havoc’s smile grew, “Because you didn’t want me to meet this woman tonight?” he asked, sounding as if he were talking to an infant child.

“Something like that,” Ross admitted once again, though the thought was rather humorous.

“Well, I’m going to meet this woman,” Havoc said excitedly, “And you’re just going to have to learn how to deal with it. You see, the jealousy thing is cute, but it does get a little old. There is nothing between us. Sorry,” he apologized before getting to his feet, “I have to get ready for my big date,” he said before heading out of the dining car.

Ross sighed a bit, Havoc didn’t realize exactly how much he hurt her. Ross looked over at the man who sent the note.

“Yeah, he’s big alright,” she said before looking down at the table.

“Talking to ‘Jean’?” the waiter asked as he approached the table. Ross looked up at him, not knowing she was thinking out loud. She figured there was no point in arguing, so she let it slide. “Here is your food,” the waiter said as he placed the food on the table.

“That’s not mine, its Havocs,” Ross informed him.

The waiter looked over at the empty seat and nodded, “I’m sure it is,” he commented before walking away. He couldn’t help but think that Ross was crazy.

Well, a bit of a comic relief. Is it ok? You were wondering what happened to them, so there you go.

Kijo-Emiko
Aoko-chan
Hahahahaaa!!!! Really really funny!! They all think Havoc is gay tongue.gif

Please update soon, because I want to know what's up with Mustang and Hawkeye ^^;;
FMAlover^
I've the huge urge to read more , more and MORE!Update soon!
Mukies
AAAAAAAAAAH! This is really good, I've just spent the past hour reading all this! Please update... I really want more sad.gif
kijo-emiko
Crossing A Fine Line

Chapter Six: Oh Where Oh Where Has Our Riza Gone?

Sorry. I know that this is a well overdue update, but I’ve had things I needed to get done and I have a new addiction…to fanart. I’m so sorry. Please enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Full Metal Alchemist or any of it characters.

The old man looked Roy up and down with questionable eyes, “Colonel Mustang you say?” he said a little unsure as he rubbed his wrinkled chin with his fingers. One eyebrow was raised as he pondered over the man before him, “What if I were to say I didn’t believe ya?” he asked before crossing his arms threateningly.

Roy scratched his head before looking down at his nametag, “Than you can read it right here,” he commented impatiently as he motioned to it.

The old man gave him an irritated look, but decided to humor the young colonel.

He leaned in toward the nametag and adjusted his glasses, “Hmmm, looks about right,” he said slowly before leaning back once again, “But the woman you’re looking for isn’t here,” he lied as he slammed his cane on the floor and placed both hands on top of it, “Now get out,” he ordered as he motioned outside with his head.

Roy sighed a bit, “If I give you her description once more, would you tell me if you found her?” he pleaded, hoping that the owner of such a fancy place would see her around sometime.

The old man groaned with irritation at Roy’s persistence, “Fine,” he said as he nodded, “But than you leave, got it!” he yelled bitterly.

A small smile formed on Roy’s face, “She’s about this high,” he began as he motioned her height with his hand, “Petite, blonde, amber eyes…and…” he paused as he tried to think of something, “Looks great in a miniskirt,” she said dreamingly.

The old man’s already narrow eyes narrowed more on the young colonel, “Get out!” he yelled as he began to beat Roy with his cane, “You’re a sick man! Get out!” he continued to yell as Roy was backed out into the street. The old man stuck the end of his cane on Roy’s chest and pushed him as hard as he could. Roy fell backward onto the hard ground and caused a car to squeal to a stop before hitting him. The old man was already standing in the doorway when Roy got enough strength to look up, “And don’t come back!” he yelled bitterly before slamming the door shut.

Roy slowly got to his feet and brushed himself off, “Well kid, did you get your bread?” he asked, remembering the kid that brought him there. When he received no reply, he looked around for the young boy, “Kid?” he asked before walking over to the sidewalk, “I don’t blame you I guess. I wouldn’t want to by anything from that psycho either.”

The old man peeked out the window of the door as he waited for Mustang to walk off. When he felt that the colonel was a good distance away, he let go of the curtain and walked toward the room where Riza was staying.

“It’s alright now. See, I told you I’d take care of you,” the old man said as he slowly opened the door. He was surprised to see that the back window was open and Riza was no where to be found. He was a little upset that she was gone, but he understood her reasoning. She probably figured that he was in on the whole thing and wanted to leave before he sent Yates and the others in after her. He slowly made his way to the window and looked out it, “Well, the alley isn’t where I would have wanted to escape too, but it’s your choice,” he shrugged before closing the window.

“Who are ya talking to, old man?” the familiar voice of a man was heard from behind him, “I know it can’t be your wife, we’ve already killed her,” the voice said, a bit of humor in it.

The old man swallowed hard before turning around, “I won’t have your money till noon, Dallas, you know that,” he said shakily. The courage he had when he was fighting with Mustang was gone.

Dallas was leaning on the door frame of that tiny room, Haddon and Yates behind him. He was blocking the man’s exit, so escape was impossible.

“Actually, I have a proposition for you,” Dallas said with a sadistic smile, “One that means you will never have to pay us again.”

The old man’s eyes widened. Everyday these three would visit his store at noon and everyday he would have to pay them. The one time his wife told them ‘no’ was the last time she ever breathed. The opportunity to lift the payments was one that he’d been waiting for a long time.

“What do you want then?” the old man asked, a little bit of excitement was mixed with a lot of fear in his voice.

“Yates here says that you have the woman we’re looking for,” Dallas said as he motioned to the tall man behind him, “Where is she?” The old man stared at the massive man behind Dallas. He couldn’t say a word. “Come on old man, if we don’t find her before the military do,” he said impatiently, his eyes cold and heartless.

The old man shook with fear. The tall man Riza spoke of was Yates and he chased away the man who could save her life. The man’s eyes filled with tears when this realization occurred.

“Come on old man! We ain’t got all day!” Haddon yelled impatiently, but still received nothing from the old man.

“If you don’t tell us willingly, we’re gonna beat it out of you. Do you understand?” Dallas asked as he stood up straight and pounded his fist in his hand.

The old man stared at the floor, a hopeless look in his eyes. He slowly fell to his knees and cried.

“Go ahead and do it. There isn’t anything you can do to me to make me feel worse than I already do,” the old man said as he began to cry.

Dallas felt no pity, just anger. Fire raged in his eyes as he stared at the man on the floor.

“Yates, lock the door. Nobody’s visiting the bakery today!” Dallas ordered as he motioned for the front door.

The old man didn’t budge as Haddon and Dallas closed in on him. He didn’t even flinch at the sound of the front door being locked and his only chance for rescue being trapped outside.

Riza ran as fast as she could down the alley. She looked back every now and then to see if she was being followed. She wasn’t sure what was going on in that bakery, but she knew that she didn’t want any part of it. She couldn’t get rid of the feeling that that old man was working with Dallas and the others. The alleys she ran through were dark, smelly, and cluttered. She wanted to run through the city, but Yates told her to do that. She knew it had to be another trap.

“AH!” She screamed as her legs gave way and she hit the ground. Without another sound she scooted as fast as she could to a nearby wall and leaned on it as she tried to catch her breath. She looked at her watch to see what time it was, “It’s still early. I wonder what time the train leaves,” she said to herself as she held her sore ribs.

“Lieutenant Hawkeye!” came the voice of a man. Riza perked up at the sound of the familiar voice…it was Mustang. She wasn’t sure if she was hearing things, but is sounded so real. She figured it was coming from the street because it sounded a bit distant. “Lieutenant Hawkeye!” the voice yelled again, a bit more distant this time. Riza really wasn’t sure if it was Mustang or if her mind was playing games with her head. The voice was getting more distant though, which meant that he was getting further and further away. She wanted to jump to her feet and go after it, but the fear of Dallas and the others finding her, overwhelmed her, “Lieutenant Hawkeye, where are you?” the voice said again, sounding a bit desperate and worn.

Riza’s eyes widened, “Colonel?” she whispered to herself as she slowly got to her feet. If her mind was playing tricks on her, so be it. She longed to see the face that went with that voice, “Colonel,” she tried to yell as she limped down the alley. She was so tired that it came out more like a loud whisper. “Colonel, help me,” she tried again, but more air escaped than words.

“Lieutenant Hawkeye!” the voice yelled again, but she could barely hear it.

Tears filled her eyes, half full of fatigue, the other half full of worry. She tried to limp faster, but fell several times. She wanted to make it to the street before Mustang disappeared, but gravity was against her right now.

Armstrong knocked on the door to Amy’s room, “Lieutenant!” he yelled through the door, “I hate to wake you up, but we have to get going,” he said before knocking some more.

Amy opened the door slowly, “I’m coming sir,” she assured him tiredly as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Though Armstrong thought she was cute with her messed up hair and her oversize military shirt he figured it wasn’t the best thing to wear when you go looking for a fellow coworker.

“Lieutenant, I believe a uniform would be proper attire for our current mission,” he said with a bit of a smile, wondering if she even realized she wasn’t dressed.

Amy gave him an odd look as he pulled her hand away from her face and looked down. Her eyes got big and her face went red when she realized what she was wearing.

She grabbed the bottom of the shirt and pulled it down before slowly looking up at Armstrong, “I’m so sorry sir,” she apologized.

Armstrong nodded, “It’s ok, now go put some clothes on,” he said as he motioned for her to go back into her room.

“Yes sir,” Amy replied, her voice shaky as she slammed the door shut. “I can’t believe I answered the door without pants,” she said before walking over to the bed and grabbing her uniform pants. “The major has never seen me in anything, but my uniform. When he sees me in casual clothing, I want it to be a little more than just my underwear and a shirt,” she continued to talk to herself as she pulled her pants up and buttoned them.

There was another knock on the door, “Hurry Lieutenant!” Armstrong bellowed from the other side, “Mustang didn’t come back last night and I want to make sure he’s ok!” he called once more.

Worry filled Amy when she heard this. She was worried about Mustang as well…until she became more worried about herself. Even if Mustang had wanted too, he couldn’t have met them at the hotel. Amy forgot to tell him where they were staying. She bit her bottom lip as she fixed her hair.

“As long as the Major doesn’t find out, I’m sure I’ll be alright,” she said to herself before sighing and heading toward the door, “All done sir,” she said sweetly as she swung the door open and looked at Armstrong.

Armstrong smiled down at her and nodded, “Good, let’s go find the colonel than,” he ordered before turning and heading down the hallway.

Amy bit her lip once more as she pulled her door shut, “Do we have too?” she whispered before following her Major.

The sunlight hurt Riza’s eyes as she leaned on the wall at the end of the dark alley, “Finally,” she whispered as she looked around at the crowded street. “Where are you, Colonel?” she asked as she looked around for him.

She took one step out onto the busy sidewalk to try and get a better view.

“As soon as I find that woman, I’ll kill her. Just like the old man,” the familiar voice of a man said from somewhere behind Riza. Riza reluctantly turned her head to the side to see if she was right, though she was praying she wasn’t. Sure enough, about ten feet away stood Dallas and the others. The sidewalk was so busy, that she could only see Yates. This meant that smaller people were harder to see, which meant that they couldn’t see her. “Come on, we’ll go this way,” Dallas said as he and the others headed in Riza’s direction.

Riza began to back into the alley. She was hopping that they’d walk right past her, but she couldn’t back up far enough to feel completely comfortable.

“Ah!” she let out a tiny scream as she fell over a metal trash can and right onto a pile of garbage.

“Did you hear that?” Dallas said as he and the others stopped at the end of the alley and looked down it.

Riza was lying on the shadows behind the trash can, hoping that it was enough to shield her from their few.

“Yeah, maybe a cat?” Haddon asked, with a bit of a shrug.

“I think we should check it out,” Dallas said with an evil grin before slowing walking into the alley.

Riza closed her eyes tightly as she waited for them to find her, “But I’m allergic ta cats,” Yates said in his normal, gruff, tone, “They make me swell an’ stuff,” he continued as he grabbed Dallas’ shoulder.

Dallas sighed with irritation, “Fine you big baby, let’s go,” he said as he motioned them back into the street with his hands, “She wouldn’t be dumb enough to hide in the alley anyway,” he pointed out.

Riza closed her eyes and put her hands on her face, “Shows how little you know me,” she whispered, relieved that they were gone.

“And how little is that?” she heard a voice ask.

She was afraid to open her eyes, but she felt the presence of a man leaning over her. The words ‘oh crap’ crossed her mind when she realized that she should have just kept her mouth shut. She pushed those thoughts from her head so that she could make room for some genius idea to get herself out of this mess. She quickly remembered the trashcan she tripped over and realized that it should still be at her feet. Without warning she quickly sat up straight, grabbed the trashcan between her two feet, laid back down, and pulled her feet up to hit her attacker in the head with it.

“Get away you perve!” she yelled as the man stumbled backward a little.

Riza used her feet to toss the trashcan into the air. She quickly jumped up, grabbed it, and swung around to hit him in the head again. There was the loud sound of metal hitting something hard, followed by the screams of a man. Without another thought, she thrust the can upward and nailed her attacker under the chin. This, of course, caused her attacker to fly up into the air and back. She dropped the can as the attacker slip across the ground, hitting his head on the building before stopping. She took a second to catch her breath before picking up the trash can and bringing it up over her head. She walked over to her attacker and was about to bring the can down over his ribs until…

“What are you doing?” Mustang asked from where he was lying on the ground, “I was only joking,” he said as he waved his hands defensively.

Riza’s eyes got big, “Colonel?” she asked, kinda hoping that maybe this was just a really good impersonator.

“Oww,” Mustang whined as he held his head, “I don’t know anymore, I think you gave me brain damage,” he said before sitting up, “Now I see why your kidnappers threw you in the trash,” he said as he motioned to the pile of trash where Riza was lying when he found her.

Riza had a right mind to hit him anyway, but she figured it wouldn’t be a very good idea. She dropped the trash can and offered him a hand to help him up. He took her hand and she pulled him to his feet.

“I’m sorry sir. I thought you were the kidnappers,” Riza apologized as she rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

Roy rubbed the bump on his head, “No, and after that, I’ll be sure to never kidnap you,” he assured her, afraid of what she might do if he did. Roy stopped rubbing his head and looked at Riza, “So what happened?” he asked seriously.

Riza hung her head and looked away from her Colonel, “With all do respect sir, I really don’t want to discuss it,” she said reluctantly, hoping that he would understand.

Roy nodded; he figured she would tell him on her own time, “Let’s get back to the hotel. We’ll get you something to eat and find Armstrong and Forest,” he said as he patted her on the back and made his way for the end of the alley.

Riza watched him walk away and sighed. The sound of his voice and the touch of his hand gave her a feeling of relaxation. She knew that as long as he was there, nobody could hurt her.

“Colonel,” Riza called to him as she held her hand out in his direction. Roy stopped at the sound of her voice and turned around, “Wait for me ok?” she said before slowly limping forward.

When she reached the colonel, she fell forward a little, but Roy caught her in his arms. She looked up at him, a bit of shock on her face. Roy smiled down at her before helping her to stand up straight.

“Always,” he said quietly before brushing a few strands of hair out of her face.

Riza gave him an odd look, “Always what sir?” she asked confused, thinking that maybe she missed something.

Roy’s black eyes seemed awfully gentle as he stared into her amber ones, “I’ll always wait for you,” he assured her.

“Oh, isn’t that cute?” came the familiar voice of a man from the end of the alley. Roy and Riza looked over quickly to see who was speaking to them. The shadow of three men could be seen standing there, but it was impossible to see any features. “The little woman is reunited with her boyfriend. Time to celebrate boys,” the leader said as he pulled a pipe out from behind his back and hit his open hand with it.

“Time to go!” Riza yelled as she grabbed Roy’s arm and ran off.

The adrenaline kicked in, like it did when she was fighting Roy, and she completely forgot about her injured knee. All she could think about was getting away from those men and taking Roy with her.

“Riza, slow down!” Roy ordered as the young blonde pulled him along, “Are those the men who kidnapped you?” he asked as he motioned behind him, his feet moving fast to keep up with her.

“Yes!” Riza yelled as she continued to run, “And now they have weapons. There is no way I can take them without my gun!” she continued to yell, running just as fast as ever.

Roy sighed a bit, “Why not use my alchemy?” he asked, thinking that would be a good idea…and kinda fun.

Riza stopped dead in her tracks, causing Roy to fall forward a bit. He stuck his leg out and caught himself before hitting the ground.

“Good point,” she said excitedly. “Alright, let’s go get them so that we can get out of here ok?” she asked, sounding a bit nervous.

Roy nodded before turning around and heading back to the alley. When they finally reached it they noticed that the three men were gone.

“This isn’t good. What do we do now?” Roy asked as he scratched his head and looked to Riza.

Riza shrugged as she looked around, “I don’t know, but we have to find them before some other innocent woman gets hurt,” she said as she rubbed her neck with her hand.

Roy noticed this and gave her a questionable look, “You ok Lieutenant?” he asked worriedly as he tried to look at where she was rubbing.

Riza looked at Roy and her eyes grew large, “I’m fine,” she said nervously before throwing her hand down to her side.

Roy noticed for the first time that her, otherwise form fitted, shirt was a little bunched at the collar. It looked a little like someone had grabbed a hold of it and pulled.

“What happened to your shirt?” he asked as he reached over and gently flicked the area he was talking about.

Riza remembered when Dallas grabbed her shirt and pulled her into a forced kiss, but she couldn’t tell him that, “Oh, I must have caught it on something sir,” she lied again, figuring she’d tell him the truth when she knew he wouldn’t freak out.

Roy gave her a disbelieving glare, but decided not to pry, “Alright then, let’s go get the idiots who kidnapped you,” he suggested before walking out into the street.

Riza watched him walk away once more, “What would I do without you sir?” she said quietly, not intending for him to hear.

From atop the building next to them, three heads poked over the side and looked into the street.

“Well, she’s defenseless,” Dallas said with a bit of a sadistic smile.

“Yeah, but he’s got alchemy,” Haddon reminded him, but only receiving an evil glare in return.

“Well, there’s nothing a little bullet or two can’t handle,” Dallas said wickedly as he held up Riza’s pistol for Haddon and Yates to see.

“What’s yer plan boss?” Yates asked curiously, hoping it didn’t involve hurting Riza.

Dallas looked at Yates and smiled again, “We wait here till night fall. Than, we go looking for the sexy blonde. If she’s with her little boyfriend there, we’ll kill him,” he said as he got to his feet and walked to the center of the building.

Yates looked at Dallas, worry in his eyes, “Do ya really think that es er boyfriend?” he asked, hoping that maybe it was all just a joke.

“Of course I do,” Dallas answered truthfully, “You saw them, they were all over each other before we got there,” he said before sitting down.

Yates looked back over the side of the building and narrowed his eyes on Mustang, “Than I wanna be the one that shoots em,” he scowled.

Kijo-Emiko
Mukies
Oooh, great add... I read this on FF.Net too haha... More more more!
Aoko-chan
Ooohhh This is really interesting ^-^!! Please update soooon ^-^
FMAlover^
FINALLY THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!! Write more okay? please.
Femalchemist
It's coming along great! Keep it going!
Little_Alchemist
great story i love it so far update soon ok its really funny your an awsome writer

GO ROYAI!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Azura Elric
*squeels* I love this fic!! Long live Royai!! But @_@ my eyeballs! Should've found this fic sooner!
Frozen Ice Alchemist
I just started to read ur fanfic and its so far so good!
I hope you'll update soon, I wonder does Yates love Riza?
I really want to know....
Frozen Ice Alchemist
Well, kijo-emiko are you gonna keep the Fanfic going???
I hope you are, but you haven't been updating for ages... I mean decades! It's like 1st of August now...(according to Hong Kong time) 12 more days till my birthday!!! WOHOO!

Well I got myself a birthday present by posting this! I became an Apprentice!! YAY! biggrin.gif happy.gif biggrin.gif
StrawberryShampoo
I just wanted to say that I love this fic.....Is it also posted on FF.net 'cause i thought i saw it there.... If it's the same fic then it goes further doesn't it? **ponders if it was the same fic or just a similar one**
SsleepyAlly
i luv this fic!!! keep up the good work. biggrin.gif royai 4eva!
Frozen Ice Alchemist
Firstly, I apologize for double posting b4... But can you please update on the fanfic??
QUOTE(Mukies @ Jul 12 2005, 02:44 AM)
Oooh, great add... I read this on FF.Net too haha... More more more!
[right][snapback]210982[/snapback][/right]

Squirrel of Doom
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I COMMAND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD
Frozen Ice Alchemist
QUOTE(Squirrel of Doom @ Sep 19 2005, 10:08 AM) [snapback]288365[/snapback]

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I COMMAND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD

Ahem, Mr.Squirrel, your bullying again. And I hate bullying which always happens to be YOU bullying others! ohmy.gif
Squirrel of Doom
Why does everyone think I'm a guy?I AM A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HEAR ME!? I AM A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And have you ever heard of joking!? I am not bullying.
JudasPriest1
Is anyone ever gonna update? I LIKE THIS STORY!!!! O_o Sorry I tend to go insane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.