Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Fantasy
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
kenderoth
Also, I'd hardly say that they've ruined the anime.............plus, this film isn't technically a FUNimation project. It's only Vic's responsibility, so any insults you might have should be aimed at him. There's no need to bash FUNimation for this just because you think they "screwed up" FMA, which has nothing to do with the film at all.

I, for one, wouldn't mind being able to see this. Though I probably never will, because I never have enough money for cons. I imagine it would enjoyable, even if Vic acts as Ed and appears way too tall for the role.
[/quote]

I for one kinda agree i think that he will be too tall but to some pople who are new to F.m.a it will kinda make the anime seem kinda bad, but it still might be deasant to see.But this is all even if somone sees it i mean i have premium cable, but i called the company and they sead they dont give Anime central out Or the Anime network wich id like the anime network better (cuz there afliated with adv) but anyways yes! it will be a deasant showing IF you c it and the only down side to it so far is that "HES TOO DAMN TALL"
TheVileOne
I've never wanted to see this more now after reading that interview. I can't believe people would actually bash this. Its someone a fan made because he loved FMA and was inspired by it that much.
kaizenyorii
i wanna see it in a sense that if someone told me there was a retarded two-headed dog running around outside, i would wanna at least take a look
Lost Mercenary
I really want to see this! But being in the uk i'm somewhat screwed.

Has anyone got a torrent link?
the_lightning_alchemist10
Sorry lost, but i don't think that you'd even find one! at the con i went to, Vic had everyone turn off all cameras, and unfortunatlly said it wouldn't be for sale....I'm sorry!!!! sad.gif
Lost Mercenary
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Ed-Al-Win Fan
I guess the rest of us who haven't seen it are totally out of luck....lol
TheVileOne
FYI,

Vic Mignogna is showing it this weekend at the UshiCon anime convention here in Austin, Texas. Which I will be attending.

So as Yasuhiro Nightow likes to say, NYAH tongue.gif !
Tombow
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 26 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]343439[/snapback]

FYI,

Vic Mignogna is showing it this weekend at the UshiCon anime convention here in Austin, Texas. Which I will be attending.

So as Yasuhiro Nightow likes to say, NYAH tongue.gif !

Oh, wow!! I'm blue with envy!! Please post when you get back!! biggrin.gif
TheVileOne
Well I saw it guys, and it was AWESOME. Train wreck is the last thing I would say to describe this.

It was Vic's love letter to Fullmetal Alchemist, plain and simple. It was beautiful and hilarious. Myself and the audience (the room was packed and bursting out the door) ate it up and we couldn't get enough of it.

It was perfect.

Vic said they are asking the Japanese producers if they can put it on the DVD's. Apparently they have final say on things like this and other extras.
Chiyo
I curse being in the UK, we miss out on so much.

Yet I feel, even if it was just a bit of fun, its far too much to make a live action.

Even if the Japanese made a live action they would have to cast western actors if they wanted everyone to look the part....and that would be unfair on them. Still if you enjoyed it thats fine and if it goes onto DVD others will get their chance to see it too.
Tombow
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 29 2006, 12:59 AM) [snapback]344414[/snapback]

Vic said they are asking the Japanese producers if they can put it on the DVD's. Apparently they have final say on things like this and other extras.

Oh!! That would be fun!! Crossing fingers!! biggrin.gif
Ed-Al-Win Fan
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 28 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]344414[/snapback]

Well I saw it guys, and it was AWESOME. Train wreck is the last thing I would say to describe this.

It was Vic's love letter to Fullmetal Alchemist, plain and simple. It was beautiful and hilarious. Myself and the audience (the room was packed and bursting out the door) ate it up and we couldn't get enough of it.

It was perfect.

Cool! Glad you had fun, I wish they would put it on DVD...I want to see this (lol)...And I'm sure many others who have missed out would want to too...lol
Electrastar
Oh God, somebody stop him...I think that role has gotten his head a little enlarged if you ask me. I don't think he makes that good an Edward, and if he has the guts to actually play Ed in the live action movie (because he sure as heck doesn't look 14-15-16-18...) than I'm glad I won't get to see this. This may sound like obsessive ranting, but let's face it, most anime/comic turned live action, doesn't always come out right.
Singhay
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Feb 9 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]348171[/snapback]

Oh God, somebody stop him...I think that role has gotten his head a little enlarged if you ask me. I don't think he makes that good an Edward, and if he has the guts to actually play Ed in the live action movie (because he sure as heck doesn't look 14-15-16-18...) than I'm glad I won't get to see this. This may sound like obsessive ranting, but let's face it, most anime/comic turned live action, doesn't always come out right.

Okay I 'm glad you don't want to see it but I do. Its just a little fun, nothing serious.
Shinobi_S
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ May 18 2005, 08:05 PM) [snapback]175191[/snapback]

i concur. *gags* wtf? it's not enough they screwed up the anime, now they gotta embarrass the show further? gimme a break. i think they all need a time out to sit in the corner and think about what they've done... dry.gif

how did they screw up the anime?
Lapis
QUOTE(Shinobi_S @ Feb 10 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]348623[/snapback]

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ May 18 2005, 08:05 PM) [snapback]175191[/snapback]

i concur. *gags* wtf? it's not enough they screwed up the anime, now they gotta embarrass the show further? gimme a break. i think they all need a time out to sit in the corner and think about what they've done... dry.gif

how did they screw up the anime?

yeh i think they did a wonderful job on the dub, it didnt fall to the curse of crappy voice actors like some other anime *cough* one piece *cough*
i personally really want to see this movie! i sounds awesome and Vic is so amazing anyways! if its as funny and wonderful as you viewers say, it must be a wonderful addition to the fma fan base. and anyways no one else has attempted something like this
FullmetalMagician
I agree with you Mr. Pencil...
FUnimation did a wonderful job dubbing fma. The voices suits the characters, they didn't make any crappy opening songs for it and... IT'S JUST COOL!
not like how 4kids dubbs the anime and make all those crappy songs for it...
Screw you 4kids, you stuffed up Yu-Gi-Oh! That WAS my fave anime...
UNTIL FMA CAME!!

P.S. I'm living in Australia NOW! I used to live in the Philippines...
Non-asian countries lack in Anime influences...
Tombow
In my attempt to collect all FMA movie, OVA, and off-spring movie in one sub-forum, I'm moving this from FMA Anime forum front section to FMA anime Movie sub-forum.
Edward's Groupie
All you who are bashing this, go stand in the middle of the highway. mad.gif
natsu-hime
*sigh* i wish i could see this. now i so curse myself for living in indonesia T^T

from your stories, i think what vic did is just waaaay better than what the japanese did. once they did an alphonse elric live action and it sucks. and if the japanese ever wanted to make another live action i hope they do something better.

vic mignogna, god bless you.

i hope he'll show it again when i go to america next year T^T
Triss Hawkeye
Hey wait, did he ever get permission to put it on a DVD? Since the box sets are starting to come out now...
Alchemical
QUOTE(Triss Hawkeye @ Sep 29 2007, 05:28 PM) *
Hey wait, did he ever get permission to put it on a DVD? Since the box sets are starting to come out now...

I do wonder if he ever will/did; I'd love to see it. I've only seen the poster/cover. And that doesn't show you much.

And to all those saying a live action movie is taking it too far, and that Vic himself is taking his role of Edward too far: I think we as fans are taking our roles too far by writing so much romance/AU/etc. fanfiction, making AMVs, and creating fan-pairings that have absolutely nothing to do with the series. Isn't that the same?
EdwardxWinryrocks
biggrin.gif darn i missed it i really wanted to see it
QUOTE(Edward's Groupie @ Jul 25 2007, 02:06 PM) *
All you who are bashing this, go stand in the middle of the highway. mad.gif
laugh.gif you got that right
Fushi
Vic brought this up at Animethon. He said that the movie was only supposed to be a fan project (because he was afraid of getting sued XD) but then someone at Square's American office got hold of it and called him up and asked for permission to send it to Japan for them to watch. After watching it, the Japanese wanted to put it on the OAV dvd (I don't remember if they really did) They also showed it to Arakawa. She actually sent Vic all this FMA stuff that he described to us at the convention, alot of it only available and Japan. She also gave him a one of a kind illustration of Ed that she drew and over her signiture it said "Loved your movie!"

So I figured if the creator liked it, it can't be all THAT bad. =/

And about the boxsets, I just bought the first one, I doubt they'll be on them. That's because the boxsets don't have any added bonus feature. They're just the DVDs and Guidebooks gathered together at a covienant price in a shiny case for those people who didn't already own the DVDs. I have a suspicion that the last one will include the movie and all the OAvs, because Vic DID say they are in the process of dubbing the OAVs.
Celeste Nayamashii
Are you serious? They're seriously dubbing the OVA's? Woohoo!! I wonder, like you said, if all of that stuff will be added in the last box set they release. That would just be way too awesome. Not to mention I'd LOVE to see this movie. I just adore Vic to death <3
Fushi
QUOTE(Winry_Rockbell83 @ Oct 19 2007, 11:05 AM) *
Are you serious? They're seriously dubbing the OVA's? Woohoo!! I wonder, like you said, if all of that stuff will be added in the last box set they release. That would just be way too awesome. Not to mention I'd LOVE to see this movie. I just adore Vic to death <3

He sorta told us indirectly. Someone had asked if Aaron ever got to take home his bowl after the series and Vic explained that unfortunately he didn't because they still had to use it for "the movie and now the OAVs...".

The clip of that may be on youtube already. I'll go scour.

edit: Here it is.
And this is where he tlaks about the movie he made and how Arakawa got hold of it.
Elphaba
Wow, if they dubbed the OVAs, that'd be a dream come true.........Chibi Party is pretty much the greatest thing I've ever seen, whenever I'm sad I turn that on and I'm instantly happy again, literally.

I hope hope hope I can see this someday *crosses fingers for it to be on an American-released OVA DVD*
natsu-hime
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Oct 20 2007, 05:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Winry_Rockbell83 @ Oct 19 2007, 11:05 AM) *

He sorta told us indirectly. Someone had asked if Aaron ever got to take home his bowl after the series and Vic explained that unfortunately he didn't because they still had to use it for "the movie and now the OAVs...".

The clip of that may be on youtube already. I'll go scour.

edit: Here it is.
And this is where he tlaks about the movie he made and how Arakawa got hold of it.

i sooooo envy vic!!!!!! i want arakawa to draw for me too~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.