Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final Fantasy Series Favorite?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Prinz_Zoisit
hi, pls tell me what was you fav ff game?

btw i only played ff7 and i was so fascinated from this game.... but i know that other series may be better....

P.S.:: i think that ff12 gets more and more like the star wars series, i mean the graphics, charas etc.....
sora.khx
Final Fantasy7, no doubts about it.
Zarpia
I love FFX, is my fav one
hitokiri
favorite ff?

well nothing can beat the pure simplicity of ff1. nor the japanese craziness of ff11 with its uniquely nice japanese user community. but i'm partial to ff9.
Hagane no Renzy
Totally FF7 tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Where are 1-6?

Given the choices, I went for 9, but 6 is the best game in the series.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
You'll get a lot of this in this thread but FF7 is my favorite.

It could be that 7 was the first RPG I ever played so I may be biased but I really liked the story and the all around dark aspect of the game. I liked most of the characters, had fun with most of the minigames especially the one where you're on the motorcycle taking out the Shinra guys with your sword, couldn't get enough of that and of course the bitch-slap fight between Tifa and Scarlett on the Sister Ray. The chocobo breeding could be annoying but that part was easy to ingnore. I also liked the materia system.

Oh yeah, and Sephiroth was in it! tongue.gif
Username05
Yeah! FFXI!
I loved that game when I could afford it! LOL!
I started Xbox live though, Halo2 is better so... you see why I gave it up.
Sith lord Revan 64
biggrin.gif Has to be FFIX (9) !
Mike
Definitely FF7.

Might not have the best graphics, but awesome gameplay.
DonnaDelDrago
I like IX very much. It has the cutest characters.
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 13 2005, 02:09 AM)
You'll get a lot of this in this thread but FF7 is my favorite.

It could be that 7 was the first RPG I ever played so I may be biased but I really liked the story and the all around dark aspect of the game.  I liked most of the characters, had fun with most of the minigames especially the one where you're on the motorcycle taking out the Shinra guys with your sword, couldn't get enough of that and of course the bitch-slap fight between Tifa and Scarlett on the Sister Ray. The chocobo breeding could be annoying but that part was easy to ingnore. I also liked the materia system.

Oh yeah, and Sephiroth was in it!  tongue.gif
[snapback]171597[/snapback]

yes.. it was really nice........... vincent and this scary house in this small smokey village... and the piano playing in the background and the cave under this house... *sigh.......

yes, the minigames were a very nice special in this game.... i agree.....

and this "gold village"..... i ned so many weeks until i found this kinda thing you had to find^^;;

and then this "china village" with its mountains in the background(where you really could go to!!!!1) .... it was sooo nice, this feeling!!
silver bg
hey ,where it 4 i liked that one a lot or was it 2 huh.gif
Kakashi
FF7, best story out of all of them.
-Kr!zY-
I like FFVII, it was really good-the first FF game i ever played. FFX was good as well.
Zidan_chan
I loved the bizzare and twisted story of FF7. I really enjoyed how it left me asking: "What the hell just happened there." I also enjoyed playing FF9. It was a refreshing break from the darker FF7 and FF8. Although the storyline was fairly simplistic, I really loved all of the characters. Zidan was such a different type of hero compared to Cloud and Squall. I really liked his go-get-em additude. I still enjoy playing FF6, seeing as how it is one of the first games that I have played.
Pyro_Alchemist
Final Fantasy VII. It allways has and will be my Top favorite. :3
Fayt
FF7 it's the best series of Final Fantasys.
«°~Envy™~°»
FF7 is the best one ever nothing can beat that classic game biggrin.gif
gseed
FF7! It's soo good that they had to make a movie! The Movie loooks so HYPE! Amazing Graphics! can't WAIT!
Automne
FF7 of course! biggrin.gif Ooohh, no one voted for FF8!
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jul 10 2005, 12:15 PM)
FF7 of course! biggrin.gif  Ooohh, no one voted for FF8!
[snapback]209281[/snapback]

Now there is. biggrin.gif
mongooseboi
like most other people, FF7 was the one that made my day.
Gato Gurl914
7! all the way!
Seung Mina
to me, 9 was enjoyable.
Lyndsie_Elric
Meh... I would say VII, but I never played it... So I picked X! ^-^;;;
adamclark
Final Fantasy VII

how could anyone disagree? Final Fantasy VII became the benchmark by which all other RPGs would be judged. I could never get over FF7 and no other sequel could compare!
lordentropy
I only voted for FF7 because I couldn't vote for FF3, the one that came out on SNES (or FF6 if you're from Japan).

I didn't care about graphics or sound or cutscenes, I only care about story. But FF7 did all 3 of those things very well, and the story was outta this world.

Kudos to Square for their innovative game.
DarkBlade_Alchemist
i have to say ff7 cuz it had a great storyline and really awsome characters.
(sepheroth rocks!!!!!)
Zabimaru
I also would have to say Final Fantasy 7,I loved the other games but Final Fantasy 7 storyline was just greater than the others.
Fox Chimera of Sins
I voted for FF8. I also really like FF7, except I never finished it laugh.gif
ALFA TSUME
Final Fantasy 7 the best out of all final fantasys
game time was legendary
characters awsome main char and villan
story line godly other than that
i would say 8 thumbs up

tongue.gif
plus the secret movies embeded randomly in the game are awsome
whos found all six blink.gif
LoMXD
ff3, ff8
but ff7 is my top favorite
sora-chan
mine would be ff VII international,uh ff X international,and ff X-2 international.yep thats all of it.
StrawberryShampoo
FFVII(can't wait for advent children) was my favorite...
After that probably FFX and i just recently decided to give X-2 a shot (not to sure what i think yet...)
Oh yea...FFVIII was cool too...
Riza-Hawkeye
Uh... I voted for ffx, but of course VII Is legendary!
Never played VIII, but my friend says it's good!
The only good thing about X-2 is some of the dresspheres and the songs then, plot's weak, so is the battle system, and they completely messed up all the characters from X![I][/I]

For all the grumpy people out there: look at the little Persocoom dance and laugh![COLOR=purple]
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(sora-chan @ Aug 2 2005, 08:57 PM)
mine would be ff VII international,uh ff X international,and ff X-2 international.yep thats all of it.
[snapback]237792[/snapback]

Also a big fan of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy!

For all the grumpy people out ther look at the little Persocoom dance and laugh![COLOR=purple]
Zarpia
DON'T DOUBLE-POST!!!!!...........please
AlphonseRules
7 cause it is the only one I have ever played.
I don't know if everyone knows this, but I just read that there is going to be some kind of follow up to Final Fantasy 7. It will be for PS2 and will be called "Dirge of Cerberus." Here are some pics of the game. I don't see Cloud anywhere sad.gif and it looks like Vincent is the main character. It also looks a lot like DMC to me.
Fireblend
I don't know why so little people like FF9, I actually think it's the one with the best storyline and characters.
Aog
I love FF10
I even found a song about FF.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58184
harmony_kh_kairi
QUOTE(Fireblend @ Aug 5 2005, 06:35 PM) [snapback]242329[/snapback]

I don't know why so little people like FF9, I actually think it's the one with the best storyline and characters.

I agree with you there. In my opinion ff 9 ties with ff 7 for my first favorite.
Kyros
Hmmm...when I think FFIX I think of one of the worst stories and characters in FF. When I think FFVII I think *cough*OVERRATED*cough* Some of the characters were cool, the story was nice, but the game isn't the big huge awesome story that everyone says. >.>
Colette
QUOTE(harmony_kh_kairi @ Oct 23 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]303652[/snapback]

QUOTE(Fireblend @ Aug 5 2005, 06:35 PM) [snapback]242329[/snapback]

I agree with you there. In my opinion ff 9 ties with ff 7 for my first favorite.

Agreed, I really enjoyed FF9.

Eiko > Everyone

@Kyros- Yeah, FF7 is overrated now, but only because loads of other games copied it. FF7 was really original before everyone mooched off it. Sure, it was overrated, but still enjoyable. ...But I do agree that it doesn't really deserve all the fans it got sleep.gif
CRAP ALCHEMIST
ff7 all the way
Kyros
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Dec 31 2005, 06:28 PM) [snapback]335651[/snapback]

@Kyros- Yeah, FF7 is overrated now, but only because loads of other games copied it. FF7 was really original before everyone mooched off it. Sure, it was overrated, but still enjoyable. ...But I do agree that it doesn't really deserve all the fans it got sleep.gif

How was it copied? o.o I don't see why people would wanna copy it because Square coulda done better. I just played through it again (well, till disk 3 so all/most of the stuff that matters was outta the way) and there was hardly any character development. The only person that changed a little was Cloud and he changed so late in the game it didn't affect much. Red changed a little but not much. And uh yeah...that's about it >.> There's too many fanboys spreading hype about this game as if it's awesome or something when it's right there at mediocrity...
Smoke Alchemist
Tell us how you really feel Kyros...*Hugs*
NinjaKasumi123
^^ Final Fantasy X2
Fayth Prophecy
7 really to me was the best^^ So I'd have to say FFVII is my fave.
phoenix dying
QUOTE(NinjaKasumi123 @ Jan 18 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]340092[/snapback]

^^ Final Fantasy X2

I should smite you where you stand. X-2 was a total discrace to the name final fantasy. dry.gif
IT WAS GODAWFUL mad.gif
The story line just sucked and there was no real point in makeing a sequal to FFX(which was a totally great game besides FFVII). The ending you got at the end of FFX was one of the best. There was no need to "sugar-coat it" via X-2 and cont. the story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.