Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Viz's FMA Manga Samples
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Sycia
Don't know if this is old news (sorry, I don't know much about English FMA hype.. o_O), but VIZ has their online viewer for the licensed English FMA manga up. Just a few pages, but you do get a feel of how they're translating it.

http://www.viz.com/downloads/manga/fma.php
ShadowReaper
omg, FMA's out in America? wink.gif
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(ShadowReaper @ May 12 2005, 07:54 AM)
omg, FMA's out in America? wink.gif
[snapback]171332[/snapback]

Yes it is out.

I live in Canada, but I saw it last Saturday or so ago at my local Anime Store.

And I didn't buy it.

Why didn't I?

I already have most of the Japanese versions. Thus I prefer the Japanese ones compared to the English because Edward swears (I like swearing happy.gif).

The only reason I would buy it in English is because I can't read most Japanese, thus I'm lazy to figure out the words, then translate them into English. But hey, I'm lazy. happy.gif
tinlunlau
i'd rather settle for the chinese versions and they were available in Toronto. kinda hard to find vol. 1-8 again, tho.
hagane_no_tokage
bah. viz. ;p they destroyed inuyasha, screwed up naruto, and i won't support their butchering of hagaren. i'll muddle thru the japanese, thanks.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(tinlunlau @ May 12 2005, 04:49 PM)
i'd rather settle for the chinese versions and they were available in Toronto.  kinda hard to find vol. 1-8 again, tho.
[snapback]171521[/snapback]

They have anime stores in toronto? Where ... XD
POTOPHREAK
EDIT: My grammar sucked so I edited this lol

The two languages Chinese and Japanese are quite similar so I guess the Chinese ones are better for me ^^
Or of course, fan-translated English ones.
android #17
hey Sycia, i was just wondering... how do u pronounce your name? huh.gif
i know its a stupid question, but i was just wonderin... smile.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(android #17 @ May 14 2005, 06:13 AM)
hey Sycia, i was just wondering... how do u pronounce your name? :huh:
i know its a stupid question, but i was just wonderin...  :)

[snapback]171869[/snapback]

o_O Odd request, but okay...

Sai - sha
o-kiyone-o
it's acully pretty much the same as the fan one @_@ aka...i just got it today.

i heard from some people that someone workin on it is a FMA fan, so teh chances of them messin up are less.
Kitty Cat
From what I hear, I wouldn't buy the english one... One, because its expensive, two because I'm more comfortable reading the chinese
zack
you wath fullmetal alchemist. biggrin.gif
Jaci
Actually, I think Viz did a good job translating FMA. It's just like the one here on fm-a.com. ^^
Zarpia
QUOTE(Jaci @ May 17 2005, 01:31 PM)
Actually, I think Viz did a good job translating FMA.  It's just like the one here on fm-a.com. ^^
[snapback]174115[/snapback]

What do you mean by that?
miss_neko
i think Viz did a pretty goob job. Though i think they should have put the rating to OT so then they won't have to edit out some of the cursing. some of you suggested the chinese one but you know.. not everyone is chinese or knows how to read chinese x.x
laugh.gif
dragonmaster2476
i'm not alone in watching FMA. am i.
Dragonmaster2476
hows it going?
If the Manga gets licenced in France I'm going to buy the French Version because I think the Cover of the English version sucks.. :/
tongue.gif
The shiny-nized version of the Japanese cover?
Chiyo
I just bought the Viz comic book. Its got the first four manga in one volume. It reads from right to left to keep it a little original at least. 'Tis a shiney cover....love it. The next one is out in July (arg, like the movie)
Saturn Stars
Wow attack of the unregistered's lol
Karo
The first manga for FMA just came out in America.
I'm going to buy it soon.
CosmicMoon
I bought it, but I still don't like the english sound effects, it makes it look funny. -.- I guess that's the only problem I have with it lol.
dragonmaster2476
i know this is i'm talking about fma but what happens in Nurato vol.6? if any of you have read it yeti would like to know whats going on and if they have passed the second part of the test to become the journey man level yet.
Maes-Hughes
i read the first american manga of FMA and i thought it was good because everything that has to do wit FMA is good tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
I think Viz did a nice job from what I could see. smile.gif Like reading the scanlations again. (Maybe I should take a shot at reading the manga again from where I left off...)

@dragonmaster2476: Maybe you should take a look in the General Manga section of the forum. I'm sure you'll be able to find your answer there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.