Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 47 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Senefen
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 47 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 18.

==================

5 hours to go!
...unless of course the shops don't open at midnight >.>, selfish.

47! So what do you think, what do you want, will you once again destory Umeko and Sakura's poor host with you obsessive fandom? Will Winry kill Scar?! (I hope so but it'll never happen -.-). Discuss!

<Last updated by Michiyo- on Apr. 24, 2011>
Reika
wiii!! Can't wait to see it!!! 5 hours?!! T^T
Senefen
biggrin.gif My time zone + a couple of hours, I'm in Australia. It will be the 12th in japan in approx 4 and 1/2 hours. Give or take mistakes I've made with the time zones biggrin.gif.
This is both the best and worst time of the month.
Reika
And... If I'm spanish? XD
CSakuraS
Umeko's host is still down... >.> Her own words: "CURSE YOU, HAGAREN FANDOM!! YOU RAPED OUR WEBSITE SO BAD THAT IT'S STILL IN THERAPY!!!"

And I saw a few scans from the chapter and it's filled with so much canon pairing luv!!! :D EDWIN~~~

Can't wait to read the rest!!!
bemused_non-alchemist
Haha, yay... More EdxWinry. biggrin.gif

I still reckon Al will block the gunshot. At least, Scar won't die. I think.
Chibi Viki
aheh, i don't expect any royai action in this chapter, but can't wait to see edxwin XD

my guess is either Ed will talk her out of it, or choose to escape from scar taking winry and al with him. after all, if their fish (the homunculi) bit their lure now, winry will be in great danger. i don't think they'd risk winry's life for their cause.

then, there's ling, lanfan and the homunculi... i have no idea how they'll get out of their predicament, but i have faith in arakawa-sensei-- she won't kill them -- or will she?
Riza_Hawkeye
you can go here to watch some of the scans of 47...

http://bbs.greedland.net/topic.php?topicId...d=0&forumPage=1

(btw....chibi viki..still remember me???.....i havn't been to this forum for quite a long time...^^"")
Shizuku
Please everyone look carefully at the end of those scans of manga.
It writes, 「七月号(六月十日)につづく」.
It means, it will continue in the next gangan, june.
So, there're just six pages. Owari.
drake220
wait- does that mean chapter 47 is only six pages until june?
also, why is it new chapters come out during midterms or finals? always. finals are next week and the new chapter is out. it's like clockwork! the new chapter has canon fluff too! i can't resist that! oh well. never liked statistics anyways.
Shizuku
Ummm...

It means, the followings will be out at june.
And this time has 6 pages only.
This is very clear that all was written on the very last page of the (so called) manga chapter 37.
(As I guess arakawa may just let us peep at it and the real chapter 37 is in june... She may be quite buzy in these days... anyway, we can't see any sign showing us that this 6 pages are chapter 47 and there are something else coming out in this month.
... I hope I guess it wrong.)
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(Riza_Hawkeye @ May 11 2005, 03:47 PM)
you can go here to watch some of the scans of 47...

http://bbs.greedland.net/topic.php?topicId...d=0&forumPage=1

(btw....chibi viki..still remember me???.....i havn't been to this forum for quite a long time...^^"")
[snapback]170917[/snapback]

oh, hey Riza_Hawkeye! how have you been? it's been a while happy.gif

eh? chapter 47 has only 6 pages?? that's kinda strange. or maybe these pages are just samples and are not complete... i mean, come'on, not even weekly manga are THAT short.

hrm... actually, i don't see anything in that link... >_<;;
Animeoldtimer
Can't see anything either. I don't understand Japanese. Oh well, I'll see it later. biggrin.gif

Is it possible that these are just six sample pages? I was just thinking, In American the June issues for magazines often come out in May. Do they do that in Japan as well?
Greedland doesn't allow guests to view posted pics. You need to join and log on to view them.
Reika
QUOTE(Shizuku @ May 11 2005, 05:02 PM)
Please everyone look carefully at the end of those scans of manga.
It writes, 「七月号(六月十日)につづく」.
It means, it will continue in the next gangan, june.
So, there're just six pages. Owari.
[snapback]170923[/snapback]

*Edited*--------------
That can't be true, look at the number of the pages, they are not followed, and the sense of the scenes either. It can't be that this chapter only has 7 scans, what you saw was probably the last page of the chapter, that's why you thought that there were only 7 pages.
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(Guest @ May 11 2005, 02:01 PM)
Greedland doesn't allow guests to view posted pics. You need to join and log on to view them.
[snapback]170971[/snapback]

Is there anywhere else where you can see these scans, then?
TheOneBlueGecko
QUOTE(Riza_Hawkeye @ May 11 2005, 03:47 PM)
[snapback]170917[/snapback]

I remember you, although you may not remember me as I did not post that much. Well I posted more on the initial message board, then it went down and everyone had to start over again, and I kind of slowed down on my posting.

Now I just lurk around waiting for news of the releases.
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(CSakuraS @ May 11 2005, 07:00 AM)
Umeko's host is still down...  >.>  Her own words: "CURSE YOU, HAGAREN FANDOM!! YOU RAPED OUR WEBSITE SO BAD THAT IT'S STILL IN THERAPY!!!"

And I saw a few scans from the chapter and it's filled with so much canon pairing luv!!!  biggrin.gif  EDWIN~~~

Can't wait to read the rest!!!
[snapback]170877[/snapback]

.... .... .... ..... MUST HAVE CHAPTER NOW!!!!!111 *___* Ed/Winry-ness, seriously?! YUUUUSSS!! XD *Dies of joy* I was hoping that's what this whole thing would lead too, especially after the mature comment 'n all. Curse Umeko's host! >.< Her words made be laugh hard, though. laugh.gif

Yeah, so... DEFINIENTLY can't wait for this chapter!! I doubt Scar will die or that Winry will even shoot. And if she does, I have a feeling Al will block it... or maybe, to make us angsty Ed/Winry fans happy, Ed will. biggrin.gif (But not get fatal shoot, of course. tongue.gif )
it is out on http://www.point-blank.cc:7001/torrents/%5...cb9610b1c59654f
MasterKris
The file is not opening...
Can someone please at least post one of the pics of chapter 47??
Umeko
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ May 11 2005, 03:17 PM)
.... .... .... .....  MUST HAVE CHAPTER NOW!!!!!111 *___* Ed/Winry-ness, seriously?! YUUUUSSS!! XD *Dies of joy* I was hoping that's what this whole thing would lead too, especially after the mature comment 'n all. Curse Umeko's host! >.< Her words made be laugh hard, though. :lol:

Yeah, so... DEFINIENTLY can't wait for this chapter!! I doubt Scar will die or that Winry will even shoot. And if she does, I have a feeling Al will block it... or maybe, to make us angsty Ed/Winry fans happy, Ed will. :D (But not get fatal shoot, of course. :P )
[snapback]170998[/snapback]

Naw, Winry doesn't shoot. That's where we get teh EdWin~~ :DD

And hey, this is my 100th post! YAY!!! *throws a party*

NOW GIVE ME MY WEBSITE BACK, E-RICE!!!! >E
foolmetal alchemist
It's out tommorow!!! laugh.gif

Are you going to translate it again Umeko?
Reika
I can't unzip them T^T
Ronaldo Rodregez
I hate it when people torrent things that are so small. =\ That just makes it take longer.
Saturn Stars
Yeah I can't unzip them, there is like some error... can someone help me? All the files are named weirdly... oh i dunno please I really wanna read this help!
MasterKris
I'm gonna get my Detective Conan manga tomorrow from mi dad, SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TWO NEW MANGAS FOR ME TO READ!!!
Reika
I have the same problem, it is because of the names, the one that zipped them is the one that has to change their name ^^U
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(Reika @ May 12 2005, 06:39 AM)
I have the same problem, it is because of the names, the one that zipped them is the one that has to change their name ^^U
[snapback]171043[/snapback]

Sou sou.. anou would some-one have the courtesy...? anyone else having the problems? Because the filenames arn't recognized by stupid arse windows?
TanukiFan
Well, I hope your Web site gets done w/ therapy soon! laugh.gif I'll be waiting~~~! ph34r.gif

Ah! EdWin?! Gasp!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ May 11 2005, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE(Reika @ May 12 2005, 06:39 AM)

Sou sou.. anou would some-one have the courtesy...? anyone else having the problems? Because the filenames arn't recognized by stupid arse windows?
[snapback]171054[/snapback]

Give me a second, I'll upload an archive with the corrected filenames (the ones in the torrent are in Japanese and not recognized by English operating systems, I think... something like that XD).

And yes, we will be translating this chapter. I'm preparing the pages for text as we speak. :D
QUOTE(Reika @ May 11 2005, 02:09 PM)

I figured out a way around that,

1. Open winzip
2. choose update an existing zip file
3. You will get the part about the file name being invalid CHOOSE OK FOR ALL OF THE ERROR MESSAGES!
4. This will take you to the part about adding a file, so just add a small file to it, doesn't matter what kind I just used a PDF file from My Documents
5. It will add the small file, and then it will go back to the fimiliar error messages
6. Once again click OK for all the files
7. unzip it again and for the THIRD TIME click OK for all 42 ERROR messages
8. It will take you to the part where you choose the location of the zip file
9. choose the location and it should unzip it

Its a complete pain in the ass but the chapter is worth it
SweetJanie
My computer can't even recognize the program it needs to open!! sad.gif I have winrar installed, and even if I didn't it'd be a zipped folder, ne? I want to see it ;_; I need gomarusan goodness... T_T
Reika
QUOTE (Umeko @ May 11 2005, 10:52 PM)
Give me a second, I'll upload an archive with the corrected filenames (the ones in the torrent are in Japanese and not recognized by English operating systems, I think... something like that XD).

And yes, we will be translating this chapter. I'm preparing the pages for text as we speak. biggrin.gif

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *kisses*chu!
Umeko
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0QALX25IGSW8H32CZCMJ6LIKCD

*points up* YSI link for zip file which SHOULD work for everyone...

I'm uploading it a second time in case that link expires. :D;;

EDIT: Second link

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1K3Y1GZK19KPW3H2NLWL1DUFUI
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ May 11 2005, 04:12 PM)

I'm uploading it a second time in case that link expires. biggrin.gif;;

[snapback]171081[/snapback]

YAY!!! Umeko, you are the best happy.gif i cant wait until i can read it
Sensenic
QUOTE(Umeko @ May 11 2005, 11:12 PM)

I'm uploading it a second time in case that link expires. biggrin.gif;;

[snapback]171081[/snapback]

I was going to upload it for some time but the upload took too long and it's too late here for me. I'll do it tomorrow if umeko's links are broken and someone asks.

Anyways....

[spoiler](Not that big really, but I'll be cautious)
ohmy.gif Lin and Ranfan rock sososososo MUCH ohmy.gif

Guess I'll have to update my tag, won't I?[/spoiler]
Reika
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^0^
SweetJanie
OMFG EDWIN GOODNESSS!!!!!!! WEEEEEEE!!!! *faints in joy* Well, I didn't get a thing they said, BUT WHO CARES!!! Edo hugged Winry and gave her his coat and that's all that matters!! xD

Wow, I can't believe Lan Fan cut her own arm just to elude the enemy!! What a brave girl!! ohmy.gif sad.gif

Thank you, Umeko!! I officially love you!! xD
Preypacer
Wow.. Another awesome chapter!

I cetainly have a new found respect for Lan Fan! Yes, she is a very very brave girl!

I also wasn't expecting to see a scene of Roy and Riza yet, so I was quite pleasently suprised. *grin*

Thanks for the file Umeko and can't wait to read the translation!
Yebyosh has come up with his summary for chp47

http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...2089e8a79#79707
Jellybean
Heh, Kimbley finally debuted in the manga, just like Umeko predicted. (I liked box-Kimbley. biggrin.gif)
QUOTE(Sensenic @ May 11 2005, 03:56 PM)
IPB Image

After reading chp47, I think you have to update your signature again laugh.gif
_alchemist
all i can say is:

major edxwin fluff!! wub.gif
seriously, i don't think i've seen so much edxwin in this manga until this chapter. i mean, sure there has been subtle hints here and there, but this chapter is like...all FULL OUT...in my opinion that is.

oh, i hope lan fan doesn't get killed by Wrath! she's kick ass!
Fullmetal Fangirl
Lan Fan...Young Master! Nuuuu! Lan Fan! actually, I feel sorry for the dog...

And i wanna know what Roy says to Riza...*imagines*

Riza: *begins to walk out of room* Taisa, Im leaving, the Elrics will need back u-

Roy: Wait a minute...

Riza: Hmm? Taisa?

Roy: er...nothing...

Riza:....

Roy: Dont get killed....please?

Riza: *extremly comsumed stare* Hai...Ill try

Roy: Good...bye

Oh god, I could go on FOREVER!!

zomg, but like they're ever gonna actually say it...

*gasps* Lan Fans the bravest chick ive ever SEEN...whoa, cuts off her own arm as a distraction...wooooh....

And Gluttony....well....is dead...

*i think*

Hm....oh well....

Thank Jebus...

SAVE ME JEBUS!

sorry, i luv that line

mod edit: please tag all spoilers.
Reika
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ May 12 2005, 08:25 AM)

Riza: *begins to walk out of room* Taisa, Im leaving, the Elrics will need back u-

[spoiler]*gasps* Lan Fans the bravest chick ive ever SEEN...whoa, cuts off her own arm as a distraction...wooooh....[/spoiler]

*i think*

Hm....oh well....

Thank Jebus...

SAVE ME JEBUS!

sorry, i luv that line
[snapback]171274[/snapback]

Sorry, I think they are talking only about the communication staff, he tells her to go to I don't know where and that if something happens to be back there. Then I think she tells him that whatever happens not to leave that place where they are and then he tells her "I know...", but what she says I'm not sure T^T Damn it! >.< how hard is to be in the first grade of japanese!
Roy just tells Riza that if anything happens, they are to meet in the unused house on the outskirts, and tells her not to get followed.

Riza then tells Roy to stay where he is while the operation is still going on, so he is not supposed to go and help out.

That's all.
POTOPHREAK
OMG I love you ALL thanks thanks thanks...

I love the cover... Beauty(ies) and the Beast(s), Winry, Mei Chan, Riza and their pets X) SOOOOO HIPPY HAPPY THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH
Fullmetal Fangirl
Yeah I bet in the next chapter somethings gonna happen to ROY!!
Sensenic
QUOTE(POTOPHREAK @ May 12 2005, 10:59 AM)
I love the cover... Beauty(ies) and the Beast(s), Winry, Mei Chan, Riza and their pets X)  SOOOOO HIPPY HAPPY THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH
[snapback]171300[/snapback]

Ah... That's the only bad point of this chapter, IMO.

A FMA girls' chapter, a FMA girls' cover, and Ranfan is not in there!

After what she did in this chapter, really, really unfair.

(Boy, am I acting fanboyish, lately...happy.gif; )
Electrastar
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ May 12 2005, 12:25 AM)

[spoiler]*gasps* Lan Fans the bravest chick ive ever SEEN...whoa, cuts off her own arm as a distraction...wooooh....[/spoiler]

*i think*

Hm....oh well....

Thank Jebus...

SAVE ME JEBUS!

sorry, i luv that line
[snapback]171274[/snapback]

YES. As much as I love EdwardxWinry, I'm a bigger fan of RoyxRiza so even a little action with them makes my day...And Lan Fan cuts her arm off WHAT....You should have marked that as a spoiler..I didn't read it yet...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.