Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detective Conan (名探偵コナン)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3
XinXmyXheartX
i <3 conan!!! but its not my fav anime.my fav is naruto.yep smile.gif
and id rather watch tha shows then read tha animes.yea i know...im dumb tongue.gif
Christallie Kalric
i asked my friend and said that it was 1991...
gosho published 3 to 4 volume a year. if it started from 1994, there would only be about 40 volumes. this is according to japan time. so other countries would have started publishing it later than 1991
MasterKris
Sigh~
Please go to this site. It saids the manga started from 1994.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nga.php?id=1974

I have vol 2 and the publish date saids 1994.

Oh, and I finally got VOLUME 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SOOOOOOOO AWSOME!! I THINK IT'S THE BEST STORY OF DETECTIVE CONAN EVA!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the battle between the Men in Black and the FBI!! IT'S SO GREAT!! And a new character appears! (It's a guy, but he looks sooooooooooo much like a girl) Also, there is a character guide at the back of the manga. It saids that Aoyama Gosho liked the Tokyo Bomb event story the best. (from vol 36 and 37)
Christallie Kalric
volume 50 out!!!
i got a feeling that the guy is actually a memeber of BO and his actually the reporter's brother

[spoiler]
( remember in vol 48 she said that she had a brother once like boy), although he denied any relationships with her. i mean, he pops out of nowhere right after the incident. propably a spy to spy on mouri-san.
[/spoiler]

i think the series is gonna end some. hope i'm wrong. sad.gif
MasterKris
MUST...NOT...READ...SPOILERS!! XXO

50 IS OUT~!!!!! laugh.gif MUST GET IT!!!!

i think the series is gonna end some. hope i'm wrong.

Well...it has been 50 volumes already... and stories are getting more and more complicated as they go on...
Christallie Kalric
i'm prepare to bet that the BO will come out more frequently

and don't worry about the lstest spoiler if you have already read the last few vol
MasterKris
ooo
you're right... not much of a spoiler...
WAIT! blink.gif so that means....
i got a feeling that the guy is actually a memeber of BO and his actually the reporter's brother

THAT COULD BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good memory. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quills
i've reached volumn 51 for Conan-- enjoy every single one of it so far!
never let me down in suspense~ therefore i really can't wait to see the next and next volumn of Conan manga.
the anime is exactly the same as the manga- which is really cool, because most of the time, i hate it when directors change the manga storylines in the anime >_<
all Conan's movies are pretty good as well~ a bit exaggerated at times... but overall, it's good entertainment! smile.gif
AA battery
*owns vol 20 - 50, as well as moderating a conan site*

I think in Japan 52 is out already.

but...

don't you all think...

conan is getting way too long? @_@
MasterKris
o_0
52 ALREADY???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm slow...

Yes, DC is getting too long, but here is what I thnk. DC is mainly just a detecive, mystery manga. It's just piles and piles of stories of mystery... like the Holmes novels. It's like a series of books, I thnk Aoyama Gosho-sensei tried to do it that way. I mean, what fun is a mystery, detective manga when there's like only about 10 volumes? IT SHOULD BE ABOUT 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or more...

I'm not very fond of the anime, it goes to quickly and too many episodes... 30 minuetes of time can't complete one mystery story, so they kinda rush it. And since the anime started long ago, (I think about 6 years ago or so) the animation is really crappy... espacially the art... THEY RUINED AOYAMA GOSHO-SENSEI'S MASTERPIECE OF 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE OF ART!!!!!!!!!
Dingbat
Are there scans of the mangas from 44+? I have pretty much up to that number already.

Conan anime is horrible, NOT recomended for anyone who likes the manga.

Is it just me or is the Conan manga getting a bit too long for comfort? The BO appear in about every 5 books. They need more exposure otherwise we'l be up to book 90 and it will STILL continue (not that I mind, but my pocket does!).

The Gosho manga that started in 1991 was Kaitou Kid, I think.
Christallie Kalric
only the movie anime from the 3rd movie and the more recent episoes are watch-able, in terms of drawing that is. if it's the storyline, then i have to say all movie except for the 1st one for the anime.

[spoiler]the BO is actually coming out more often then previously, they didn't appear from vol 24 to 42( unless you count vermouth acting as Dr Tomoaki). if the BO is appearing more often, i got the feeling that it is gonna end at vol 65.[/spoiler]

i read this fanfic on the internet about the kudo and KID being relatives and i made me think that maybe Shinichi, KID and the FBI will bring the BO down together.
MasterKris
Not KID, he's still just a minor character who just appears a lot... it would seem that Shinichi, Hattori, and KID all look somewhat the same and Conan and Yaiba look the same.

the BO is actually coming out more often then previously, they didn't appear from vol 24 to 42( unless you count vermouth acting as Dr Tomoaki). if the BO is appearing more often, i got the feeling that it is gonna end at vol 65.

SPOILER TAGS~!!!

Are there scans of the mangas from 44+? I have pretty much up to that number already.

no~ No scans... I looked it up in baka-updates manga and it said there are official scans only up to the 20's. Hect, I thnk DC is the most hardest manga to scan... and translate...with all those chapters and chapters of manga...
Christallie Kalric
done...

is it true that vol 52 is out or is it just the raw scans?

10th movie is announced and gonna come out on april 2006 in japan. other details will be out soon (they say is december)

is this considered a spoiler?
Dingbat
Conan manga is hell to translate. I saw the RAW and it's full of kanji X_X

Kaitou Kid is just a minor character. His real name is Kaito Kuroba. His father was a wealthy businessman and the previous Kaitou Kid. His arch-rival is Saguru Hakuba, the genius who works for the police. Both characters appear in the Sunset Mansion story. Kid also has 3 volumes of manga under his own belt. happy.gif

Yeah the BO comes out more frequently now, but still, we need more! And I wanna know more about Haibara's past >_< (still stuck on book 44)

As far as I know the newest tankoubon (book) is vol 51. 52 is probably still serialised in magazine...
MasterKris
Kaitou Kid is just a minor character. His real name is Kaito Kuroba. His father was a wealthy businessman and the previous Kaitou Kid. His arch-rival is Saguru Hakuba, the genius who works for the police. Both characters appear in the Sunset Mansion story. Kid also has 3 volumes of manga under his own belt.

Saguru~!!!!!!!
I like him sooooooooooo much~!! He's soooooooo coolz~!!

Yeah the BO comes out more frequently now, but still, we need more! And I wanna know more about Haibara's past >_< (still stuck on book 44)

44 eh?? Let me tell ya. 48 is gonna be a major clifthanger, and 49 is gonna be action packed BO vs FBI. Not much about Haibara's real past yet though. Of course, everybody wants to know. Also, you'll will see Kaito again. kk... Ai told him off good.
Dingbat
Conan is serialised in my country's version of Shonen Sunday happy.gif Everymonth we get 2/3 chapters... AUgh, that means I have to wait until mid-2006 for book 48??? *cries*

Aaaah, I wanted to buy the Malay version but the translations just suck... But for once I think I'll blow some money on that. They're so fast they're up to book 51 now O_O
animefangirl
i watched the anime in english and japanese up to eposode 62 but never tried reading the manga ,whats better the anime or the manga ?
Dingbat
I'd say the manga - by far. The story's pretty much the same, but the quality of the artworks is just THAT much better.
MasterKris
MANGA.
As Dingbat-san said, the artwork is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER, Aoyama Gosho-sensei's 20 years of artwork. And the mystery is easier to understand, esay to follow, and not rushing as the anime. Also, it explains more because it's not rushing. I would say that the anime is not even worth watching when you compare it to the manga.
Christallie Kalric
except for the movies from 6 to9, as they aren't rushing. they have about 1h 30mins . i watched the 9th movie and it is much better then the episode. i wouldn't even bother to buy the episodes even if they are sold for $1 for 10 episodes.
MasterKris
except for the movies from 6 to9, as they aren't rushing. they have about 1h 30mins . i watched the 9th movie and it is much better then the episode. i wouldn't even bother to buy the episodes even if they are sold for $1 for 10 episodes.

Hear hear! happy.gif
The animation looks so crappy cause it was made like... 7..8 years ago?? Cause that's when I first started to watch the anime. That time, for me that was the best animation I ever seen and it felt it as if the story line wasn't rushing as it seems now. NOW, it's crappy.

It's so funny how Detective Conan had this period of James Bond fanalism and ended so quickly. laugh.gif
Christallie Kalric
QUOTE(Dingbat @ Nov 13 2005, 08:49 PM) [snapback]313769[/snapback]

Kaitou Kid is just a minor character. His real name is Kaito Kuroba. His father was a wealthy businessman and the previous Kaitou Kid. His arch-rival is Saguru Hakuba, the genius who works for the police. Both characters appear in the Sunset Mansion story. Kid also has 3 volumes of manga under his own belt. happy.gif

if i'm right, kaito kid dad was also a magician, not a businessman. killed by the BO. a cover up for his death was a mistake in a magic trick that cause him his life.

[spoiler]and i think that shuichi akai was a undercover cop, being an agent for the BO for a while and was having a relationship with ai or her sis. He seemed distured that haibara resembles her or something like that. it seems like that in file 41 and 42.[/spoiler]
Dingbat
[spoiler]Shuichi Akai is working for the FBI, but at the same time he sems to know more about Haibara than he lets out. She also snaps in attention whenever he's near. As to what their relationship is, we can ony guess for now...

As for Kaitou's dad, I don't remember him being tied to the BO at all. Was his father a magician? I can't seem to remember that...[/spoiler]
MasterKris
[SPOILER]Me neither for Kaitou Kid's dad. Some people predict that Shuichi and Haibara was couples. (Remember?? Shuichi said that his girlfriend dumped him.) Could be possible...could be not.. anyhow, the BO seems to be pretty 'awared' of him.[/SPOILER]
Christallie Kalric
I just remembered, i read that info from kid's own manga. there's no mentioning of kid biography in DC. [spoiler]since sensei base kid from ...kid, his bio should be the same.[/spoiler]
Dingbat
Hmm, I guess we just need confirmation from Gosho ^ ^

[spoiler]And Shiho/Shuichi is so my OTP!! <3[/spoiler]
please dont hurt me
i havent read the manga but ive seen the show and its pretty much like scooby doo except there is only one kid
MasterKris
Stop watching, start reading.
Manga is wayyyyyyyyy better than the anime, also, the anime was made in 1997, so it's kinda old.
DC is nothing like Scooby Doo!! tongue.gif
Hey, scooby doo is always about a monster appearing in a scary place. And they solve it with ALMOST POINTLESS CLUES THAT ABSOLUTELY MAKE NO SENSE. And DC has different mystery plot. The best thing is, MURDERS happen in the manga. It's more exciting.
Practically, the anime sucks for DC. If you read some of the previous posts, we mentioned many things how the manga is better than the anime.

OOO!!
I JUST FOUND A PLACE WHERE U CAN READ VOL 50 CHAP 1-2!! BUT I CAN'T!! SPOILERS!!
Christallie Kalric
you can say that again!!!
though movie 6 onward is ok in term of the drawing.

Movie 10 is coming out in april 2006!!! called the Requiem of the detectives or something like that. you can check it out at the official website is you know japanese.
Haru-San
Detective Conan is a really long series, i am amazed they can drag it out so long, but it is pretty good
and you know that if there is a popular anime/manga they're going to make it as long as possible for
more profit
MasterKris
DC is really not the kind that purposely goes long just to get more profit. The manga itself just is. It's just one of those mystery series in manga form. Besides, they show different types of mysteries with obsolutely no similarity to others. So if you read the whole series, it actually doesn't feel that long. DC doesn't really have a plot, just Conan trying to get his hands on the BO. With few cases on the BO, the rest is just mysteries. What fun is a mystery manga when it ends so quickly with few cases? But the anime is different. IT SUCKS!! THE ANIME SUCKS!! They just rush through things, and fills in useless cases. Seriously, DC is one of those best long running series. And very educational.

I came upon this mystery manga, and the thing is... I figured out the murderer, the trick, and the evidence right after the victim was found by the main character. IT'S SO STUPID!! The case is so simple. After reading DC for around 7 years, mystery novels of mangas seem so boring and easy to me... AND after reading DC for 7 years, I still can't solve the case before Conan does in new volumes or cases.
Christallie Kalric
Duh! or DC wouldn't last for so long. the mystery always have unexpected turn and results. An also the suspense of the BO.

[spoiler] like how vermouth turn out to be Dr. Araide in disguise or how a small case turn out to be so huge like the report BO case. [/spoiler]
(not a spoiler if you have read till vol 49)

not only that, the romance and humor is one of the thing that keep some fans from reading, like tagakisato relationship, the suspese of even they are going to be official couples. shinran relationship, how *seperation* makes the hearts grow fonder. ( i'm guilty as charge )

MasterKris: could see that your hatred for the anime is 9 out of ten smile.gif
Demonhunter399
it kewl that a little kid can figure out all those cases. actually he was tranformed so hes a teen, i think.
MasterKris
since Conan was actually a teen detective and loved mysteries, it's not a wonder that he's so smart.
Christallie Kalric
Been reading and re-reading DC and found a flaw

[spoiler] Shinichi can't cook. he's supposed to know how since he has to when his parents left him[/spoiler]
MasterKris
Perhaps he only buys instant dinner?? tongue.gif
(and I don't think that's a much of a spoiler...)

I found a site that has EVERYSINGLE CHAPTER of Detective Conan the manga!! Including the movie manga scans and the Kid vs. Shinishi special too!! Up to date, it has 51 volumes of DC!! If you want the site URL, PM me!!
[SPOILER]OMG!! IT SEEMS THAT SHINICHI AND HATTORI ALREADY MET 3 YEARS AGO!! HOW CUTE!! But why don't they recognize each other soon after 3 years?? I don't think a osaka pair with one being dark colored detective and the other being a hyper strong girl are very common... couldn't they at least memorize each other names?? BUT IT'S SO CUTE!! 14 YEAR OLD HATTORI AND SHINICHI!! KAAAAAAAA!! [/SPOILER]
Christallie Kalric
You mean mangaviewer...(something,something,something).com? i don't think their translation's that good, some broken English.

But shinichi should be able to at least slice veges and meat right...right... or maybe when he became a kid and stop cooking, his cooking skills went bye bye?

[spoiler] they meet, not literaly, they couldn't see eachother's face becasue of the snow storm, and they didn't leave their names behind for police record...So they don't really know that it's each other...But i think shinichi should be able to see Hattori's dark complexsion even in the snow...[/spoiler]
MasterKris
YAY!!! I GOT VOL. 50 AND 51!!!!
[spoiler]When I first read the Shinichi and Hattori's case, I only read the first chap from that mangaviewer site. ooo! It's really hilarious how those two are EXACTLY THE SAME!! Both being teased by friends about being with their girlfriends, both have moms who are video taping them 24/7, and clever dads who gives them advice for the case. Haha! The case with the kidnapped child in vol. 50, I laughed histarically when Sato and Takagi was about to kiss and Mori is like, "Ahem!! You two must have forgotton that we are also here too..." Haha~!! Man, the character designs are getting weirder... And that glasses kid, HE IS DEFINATELY ONE OF THE BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/spoiler]
Christallie Kalric
I read vol 52 and part of 53 in the internet...(sent me an email if you wanna the website,( but in jap) and translation for file 550)
[spoiler] The wedding scene where sato mistaken takagi as the murder and attack him and the photographer took their picture is sooo hilarious. That scene kept repeating itself in my head when i was sleeping...Kid file. Who know that he disguised as takagi. Especially when there was a misleading scene where it was thought the Chiba was thought as KID. THIS "takagi" seemed to pay more attention to Conan, it might be a hint from Gosho...

The clumsy kid with glasses is Hondou Eisuke. more files showing him seemed to comfirm him being part of the BO,[ like the part where Hondou found Conan at the bird house case , or when he was able to give constructive ideas in cases,though not emphasised, but he was doing so, compared to the others( as in the gang) he seemed smarter ;In file 550 he was able to enter the house without raising awareness despite his clumsiness. and in the end of file 551, he seemed angry or dissapointed about something.] Or maybe related to the BO case. he might be an FBI undercover agent sent to spy on the BO sent to spy on Mouri kogori. how does that theory sounds...

on file 49, the part where Conan found the shoe and Rena found Conan, i think she already knew that the tracing device was there and wanted "Mouri" to find the BO. i got a feeling that she might wanna be out of the BO but can't because of her brother, if Hondou is really her brother[/spoiler]
stop me if i blabber too much
MasterKris
WHA!! It will take me a whlie to get vol 52!! MUST NOT READ SPOILERS NO MATTER WHAT!
Christallie Kalric
I doubt you will be able to understand the spoilers even if you read them masterkris...

MasterKris
ah...still...
Hakati
I love the\is manga! I really love the anime. I watched every episode.
MasterKris
START READING THE MANGA! THE ANIME MEANS NOTHING!!

I watched Kaito Kid the manga in that DC mangaviewer site. Wow... the art style is so sucky during that time... no wonder Kaito Kid's not popular with all those plot. I read the version where Aoyama Gosho recently drew. That version is SO MUCH BETTER. And Hakuba KNOWS Kaito is Kid? That's the stupidest thing eva... I SERIOUSLY do not like that new glasses kid. He's creepy and looks like a girl.

They have volumes 52 and 53 now!! I want to read but I don't wanna until I buy them! sad.gif
instantmirage
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 20 2006, 12:06 AM) [snapback]351992[/snapback]

START READING THE MANGA! THE ANIME MEANS NOTHING!!

totally agreed,
the anime is very ---- seem like it not made purposely,
but the OVA is thrilling smile.gif
MasterKris
totally agreed,

Yes, it's cause the anime was made in like 1997. But the movies and OVAs are good!! biggrin.gif
I luved the Conan vs KID vs Yaiba one!! laugh.gif
instantmirage
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 20 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]352189[/snapback]

totally agreed,

Yes, it's cause the anime was made in like 1997. But the movies and OVAs are good!! biggrin.gif
I luved the Conan vs KID vs Yaiba one!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif
apparently thats my fave too
alexyasha
i live in the US so im just waiting for the next movie to come out
the books are too much money
MasterKris
^next movie? wait, FUNimation is gonna lisence the movie now?? blink.gif

i live in the US so im just waiting for the next movie to come out
the books are too much money

I'll tell ya, the manga is WORTH IT. Oh, and it's not called books, it's called manga.
I'm collecting the DC series, and it's really worth buying and reading! I donno HOW those Viz are translating it, but it's worth reading.

The 10th movie is out, and I just luv the poster of it!! biggrin.gif
IPB Image
Even Hakuba is in there! laugh.gif
Not to mention Matsuda!!

EDIT:
Vol 53 is out already..... blink.gif ;;
Since usually there's a 3 month gap, I wasn't expecting it. This volume came out in just one month after vol 52....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.