Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 26 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
TheVileOne
This is it fellow posters. The final new episode of FMA to air on Adult Swim before September.

After the tragic events of the last episode, the Elric brothers unaware of Hughes' fate continue their journey and stop in Rush Valley. Little do they know is that some other people who we briefly saw in episode 23 are aware of their recent exploits and are on their trail.

Here's a clip for tonight's episode courtesy of the Adult Swim website:

http://www.adultswim.com/clips/fullmetal/ep26/index.html

Also, fans of the Winry/Ed pairing are going to love this episode.

OOPS! I screwed up once again on the title of the episode, its HER REASON, not HER SEASON. If the mods or anyone can correct that, please do.
Haldir of Lorien
some of us haven't seen that episode yet so please don't ruine it....

it plays tonight here in %#$^$%^(not gonna let you know
Mustang's Apprentice
As awesome is this episode is going to be, I don't think it will be better than last week's episode.
LoMXD
Well I'm really looking forward to it....

off topic?
Well when I looked at the showings for it , it said it world play her reason for like 3 or 4 week s strait. True or not? to adult swim.com
ymsg
*falls over laughing* That clip was TOO funny. I can't wait to see this episode.
MasterKris
I heard they are going to start from episode 1 again.

The story is VERY different from the manga, I like the manga story better.
Hawkeyes counterpart
blink.gif I couldn't see the episode in the clip but I could hear it sad.gif
Luckyalchemy27
Damn them! How could they just cut off there?! *sob* I can't wait until September...

Anyway, I really liked this episode. It was both sad and funny. Plus we got to see Winry beat the crap out of people with her wrench, which we all know is always fun ^^

Screenies, anyone?
Sonic-Teal
Hahhahahah I posted Adult Swim would show episode 26, how dare you mock the power of Sonic-Teal? On topic yeah it was way diffrent than the manga, I liked the manga's story better, but it was still good. Lol Winry's +2 wrench of striking witha special quality: Whenever aimed at Edward Elric it always lands on his head and scores a critical hit.
*~Oashisu*~
I loved this episode, I would place it as one of my favorites. And Izumi's english VA sounds good, in my opinion! And Penina's VA (I hope that's how you spell her name) sounded great as well.
One thing I didn't like was the fact that Winry lost her temper so easily. I understand that must have made her a little sad when Ed said he was cheating, but that reaction was a little over the top.
This was more of a humorous episode though, so it was nice to see this right after episode 25.
Hey, did anyone recognize the sign in the Dominick's Automail shop that said "MISSING" with a picture of Loki from episode 9, "The Watch of the Dog of the Military"
~FMAgurl~
They cut off the ending!! How dare they!!
Anyway I love it when Winry gets mad! She reminds me of me...except I don't throw wrenches lol.
Azura Elric
I'm crying because of how Roy treated Scheska. I know he wants to keep looking but...The way he said that was just harsh.

Other then that, I enjoy the episode! lol What's with all those gifts?!! And I thought Izumi was about to tackle everyone! ._.

I think the most enjoyable scene is the arm wrestling....i dread to see what will happen next now that Izumi has entered the scene....*cries* no more Fullmetal Alchemist after tonight....right? *wishing she was wrong*
Luckyalchemy27
I liked the ending theme. It was a nice change, but why the heck was it all clips of Winry and Den?
TheVileOne
Ah the infamous fan service ending.

And in case you didn't know FMAGurl, Adult Swim has had to cut all the ending short due to time constraints. They are all unedited on the DVD's.

I think this episode pretty plainly shows how Winry feels about Ed, the final scene most of all. Yet some people still think its just a "brother, sister" thing rolleyes.gif .
AlphonseRules
This episode was a little bit of a let down after how amazing 25 was. It seemed to me like Winry was really overreacting about everything. It did make for some hilarious wrench swinging though. I thought that the best parts were when Mustang was discovering more about Al and Ed and also Hughes' death.
Here are some pics.
CursedAnubis
Anyone else notice that Mustang said Hakuro instead of Haruko? Voice actor error? Lol~ Finally we get to see Izumi and Sig laugh.gif hooray!
NeoKakashi
Hey, I found a little easter egg thingy!

IPB Image

It's Bald and that guy from the video game who has an Auto-Mail (the first boss).

Anyone else notice that Mustang said Hakuro instead of Haruko? Voice actor error?

It is Hakuro...
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 7 2005, 09:50 PM)
I liked the ending theme. It was a nice change, but why the heck was it all clips of Winry and Den?
[snapback]168508[/snapback]

This is probably my least favorite song out of the entire series. I like all the openings and endings except for this one. Anyways, why didn't they show the opening theme they were supposed to show?
KawaiiRose
The only line I can remember is Winry saying.

"Ed, you better win or I'm gonna kick your ass!"
Hagane no Renzy
Sadly but even more stupidly, Adult Swim or Funimation, I dunno which one, decided to leave Ready Steady Go! as the opening for the whole nine yards...that's right, the entire series. No UNDO and no REWRITE.

dry.gif wth were they thinking?
ymsg
They're the only group that would allow their song to be played in the USA. None of the other opening bands had granted permission for Funimation! to use their song.

That and, I liked this episode. And for one thing, I know that Winry loves making automail arms and legs for Ed, but she doesn't seem to understand that it's not what he wants; he wants his limbs back, as we all know. Poor old Winry thinks she isn't good enough, but it isn't the case. Do you think it may be beyond her understanding?

Poor Al looked so freaked to see Izumi's husband, lol. I didn't like the way Roy was acting either; angry, taut. I didn't expect anything less, but I sure didn't like it. Poor Sciezka. She's so upset. And I almost got going again to see the picture of Hughes, Gracia and Elysia in a frame on his desk. So, so sad, and so unfair...
Mustang's Apprentice
This episode was hilarious, because we finally got to see Winry pwning people with a wrench. It had some emotional moments too, and a lot of EdxWinry parts.
I liked Izumi's voice and I didn't want them to stop showing episodes until September, cause in the next episode Ed and Al get their asses kicked.

[SPOILER]Izumi is angry at the Elrics because they messed up thier human transmutation and it resulted in Sloth, am I right??[/SPOILER]
ymsg
[spoiler] Yeah, that's right, but she knows about Sloth?[/spoiler]
Mustang's Apprentice
[SPOILER]No, I don't think Izumi knows Sloth directly, but she might have inferred that Sloth exists because I think she knows that Wrath exists, because he is the result of Izumi's failed human transmutation for her dead son[/SPOILER]
ymsg
[spoiler] Oh, that's a good theory there... sheesh, I don't think she tells the Elric's though, because don't they find Wrath with Ed's arm and leg or something? *can't remember*[/spoiler]

anyhow, I can't wait 115 more days. Champloo will not satisfy me.
Luckyalchemy27
I don't think I'll be able to stand three months of Samurai Champloo. I mean, even the name is weird. I was telling my friend about it and she looked at me with a wtf expression and goes, "Champloo?"
ymsg
Ditto! I can't last that long on that show.. I mean, makers of Bebop are great guys, but sheesh, I want FULLMETAL!
Martel
I really liked the episode! The whole Bitter Alchemist is starting to come out with Roy! I wonder if they're gonna do it the same way as they did in the manga... that would be so crazy!

I really liked Izumi popping in at the very beginning cause Roy, Hawkeye and Scheska were all kinda like wow... what that hell was that?

For some reason when I saw Roy bowing to Hakuro like an obidient little dog it pissed me off so bad! Thats about the time I vowed to hate Hakruo from now on. Can anyone get a screen shot of that? It would be greatly appreciated!
ymsg
Poor Roy. Every time I see him, my heart hurts. That poor guy. *sighs*

And I was pretty damn pissed at him too when he bowed down. "I'll serve with all my heart and soul!" *mutters under breath "to an arrogant jackass"

teehee.
Martel
Bwahahaha! Why can I picture Roy doing that? Gods I love this man!

Oh man when Al saw Sig I was like YOU DON'T BRING HIM HOME YOU RUN!!!! Oooh I can't wait to see Teacher. It's gonna be awesome.
ymsg
Omg I know!! Just think, we have to maintain sanity for 115 more days before we see asskickedness by Izumi.
Martel
Oooh man Ed is going to get the s**t kicked out of him ::winces:: I'm glad that my sensai is nice lol
ymsg
My sensei is too. Although she'll kick my butt; *has skipped sparring class for two months* teehee ^^; *runs* If she asks I wasn't here!
CursedAnubis
o_O Izumi had tied them to a chair in the preview... >> Maybe she's into bondage? XD She has a pretty scary voice, don't you think?
Martel
LMAO Anubis! I think she was preventing them from running away... like she knows they would lol! I love Izumi's voice! She's so awesome!
QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ May 8 2005, 08:04 AM)
Sadly but even more stupidly, Adult Swim or Funimation, I dunno which one, decided to leave Ready Steady Go! as the opening for the whole nine yards...that's right, the entire series. No UNDO and no REWRITE.

[snapback]168667[/snapback]

Wait, so they've only had READY STEADY GO from episode 1 and it's gonna be there for the entire series?! No Melissa, UNDO, or Rewrite? That's a bummer...is the DVDs like this too?
ymsg
Yes, it should be the same for the DVDs. As I said, L'Arc~En~Ciel was the only band to grant permission for there song to be used in the US.
Dreakon
QUOTE(Martel @ May 8 2005, 10:49 AM)
For some reason when I saw Roy bowing to Hakuro like an obidient little dog it pissed me off so bad!  Thats about the time I vowed to hate Hakruo from now on.  Can anyone get a screen shot of that?  It would be greatly appreciated!
[snapback]168812[/snapback]

I couldnt find a clip of him bowing and Hakuro on screen (except for 1) so I got you 4! Bout time I started giving back. wink.gif

Mustang Bow 1
Mustang Bow 2
Mustang Bow 3
Mustang Bow 4
Falling_Man
Suprized no one mentioned Dominique's reaction to the name Rockbell. He freaked like Pinako was some kind of evil devil with a laugh. Personally, though, the pic of her after that seemed a little exaggerated. Our Pinako is a short old hag. *gets whacked by both Rockbells* And Ed and Al's reaction to Sig showing up in the door was priceless.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Mustang's Apprentice @ May 8 2005, 08:51 AM)
[SPOILER]No, I don't think Izumi knows Sloth directly, but she might have inferred that Sloth exists because I think she knows that Wrath exists, because he is the result of Izumi's failed human transmutation for her dead son[/SPOILER]
[snapback]168686[/snapback]

No...

[spoiler] At this point she dosen't know of Wrath's existence, or of the Elrics' dabbling in human transmutation. She knows her son came back wrong, but at this point she believes he's completely gone (And that's part of the reason she hates herself so much for having left him), and that's why she always taught the boys to no avail that bringing somebody back from the dead is baaaad. Right now, she's simply pissed about Ed being a dog of the military. But of course, she realized right away about the empty armor, and the automail, and then she gets super pissed. Poor boys. [/spoiler]

On another note, I missed this episode in English. How's sensei's voice?
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Guest @ May 8 2005, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ May 8 2005, 08:04 AM)

[snapback]168667[/snapback]

Wait, so they've only had READY STEADY GO from episode 1 and it's gonna be there for the entire series?! No Melissa, UNDO, or Rewrite? That's a bummer...is the DVDs like this too?
[snapback]168975[/snapback]

Actually, the DVDs do play the original song for the episode. The first twelve play melissa, the next play ready steady go, and so on.
Celestial Shadow
At least they change the ending (Even if they are shorter than they are on the DVDs)

Suprized no one mentioned Dominique's reaction to the name Rockbell. He freaked like Pinako was some kind of evil devil with a laugh. Personally, though, the pic of her after that seemed a little exaggerated. Our Pinako is a short old hag. *gets whacked by both Rockbells* And Ed and Al's reaction to Sig showing up in the door was priceless.

Totally agree laugh.gif
Luckyalchemy27
Personally, though, the pic of her after that seemed a little exaggerated. Our Pinako is a short old hag.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Man...I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again......I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY FULLMETAL!!!!!!! Saturdays are my happy days, horseback riding lessons and new eps of Fullmetal Alchemist. I've become so overly obsessed...I don't know what I'll do when the series is over. They'll have to put me in a straitjacket because I'll go insane.

Oh, and thanks to AlphonseRules and Dreakon for the awesome screenies!
Falling_Man
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ May 8 2005, 07:16 PM)

Totally agree laugh.gif
[snapback]169061[/snapback]

Which one?

@Miniskirt: ugh, can't rememebr too well. Her screen time was short. In her cameo, she sounded demanding and pissed off. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Sonic-Teal
Hehehe the evil Pinako, maybe that was when she was young, reckless, and wore those black stripe sunglasses. I think Roy could have been a little nicer to Sciezca (cant spell her name) but then he was pissed about Hughe's death. How can I make it to September without Full Metal Alchemist. Samuri Champloo will never fill the space inside... ever.
Hagane no Renzy
I, for one, am looking forward to Samurai Champloo, it looks damn cool smile.gif And I won't mind much, seeing as I've already seen the FMA series...so yah..

[rant]But am I the only one pissed about the fact that they changed 'Izumi Curtis'' (sensei) name to 'Paige White'!? I mean, WTF!? Her name can't be Paige. (If you don't believe me, reference back to Episode Three dubbed. Youuu'll seeee....[/rant....ithink]
Martel
QUOTE(Dreakon @ May 8 2005, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE(Martel @ May 8 2005, 10:49 AM)
For some reason when I saw Roy bowing to Hakuro like an obidient little dog it pissed me off so bad!  Thats about the time I vowed to hate Hakruo from now on.  Can anyone get a screen shot of that?  It would be greatly appreciated!

I couldnt find a clip of him bowing and Hakuro on screen (except for 1) so I got you 4! Bout time I started giving back. wink.gif

Mustang Bow 1
Mustang Bow 2
Mustang Bow 3
Mustang Bow 4
[snapback]169031[/snapback]

WHOOOO!! Thank you so much!!! biggrin.gif
miniverson33331
[quote=Hagane no Renzy,May 8 2005, 07:57 PM]
I, for one, am looking forward to Samurai Champloo, it looks damn cool smile.gif And I won't mind much, seeing as I've already seen the FMA series...so yah..

i am looking forward to see this anime series but if it like a crappy version a kension i will stop on the first 10 minutes about i here its cool. At tvtome.com it said that its like a hip hop version a sameri so he has to be a ganster hahaha
Martel
What the hell is this talk about Izumi's name being changed?!?! Oooh man if they do change her name I'll be ticked... Izumi is one of my favorite names of the series!
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Martel @ May 8 2005, 01:49 PM)

I think that because Hughes is dead now, Roy is really determined to rise to the top of the military. I think he feels like he can't let Hughes down after he supported Roy so much, and he'll have to put his pride behind him and kiss a little butt every now and then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.