Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Idea Of Heaven
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Celestial Shadow
Well, Mini made a post about your idea of Hell but...What would be a perfect world/life for you? What's your idea of Heaven?

Mine? I'm not going to say because I'd probably end up ranting on and on and plus...I'm not sure that's it's appropiate for the forums tongue.gif J/k >_>
Drina
A place where my mom and I ACTUALLY got along together....

Maybe for mother's day we'll be nice to each other!

(Oh, and a few "perfect" guys wouldn't hurt either.)
MustEd4ever
Well, (sorry for those non-religious people) the Bible says the streets will be paved with Gold. And some other stuff (don't have a Bible here at the moment). I would wanna (sorry again to those non-religious people) talk and walk with God everyday, and I would wanna ask him all about my life. I would also wanna big mansion...like the one in Pirates of the Caribbean that Elizabeth Swann lives in(sorry for those who havent seen Pirates of the Caribbean). I would have all my friends (former ones and new ones to come that I have no idea who they are yet) and they would all love each other(not in like a mushy way...just like brother and sisters) and we would have *drumroll-patter patter patter* ANIME ALL AROUND! W00T! (tho I dont think God would approve of the spiritual ness and stuff...(I personally dont care))

theres my description
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Lets see......

First off it would be somewhere with no work, no bills and no taxes. I would live in some beachfront mansion which would have a huge garage where I can keep all my 60's and 70's model muscle cars, oh and my life sized Mach 5 of course. I would have a private race track I could take them out on. But wait, this is heven so there would be no speed limits!

I would live on an island populated by mainly attractive yet intellegent men with long, nice hair. Or, maybe I would just have a harem, either is fine with me. This island would be tropical of course with puka sand beaches and crystal torquoise water teeming with sealife including dolphins that would come and take a swim with me. The trees would be heavy with all manner of ripe, tropical fruit.

Of course, the surf would always be up and my private beachfront bar would always have lots of Captian Morgans for my Pina Coladas. biggrin.gif
MustEd4ever
Youve gotta great imagination goin on there...so does everyone else who has a creative idea on what Heaven will be like.
Zarpia
My heaven:

Just give me a working t.v a dvd ,all the anime and magna that i whant , an unlimited(sp?) suply of hot pokets and ice tea, and that would be heaven for me. (althogh i could think of something less selfish)
Luckyalchemy27
In my heaven I would be reunited with all of my deceased animal friends.
Celestial Shadow
How sweet...That'd be nice (as long as they weren't like, zombies or something)
Kit
In my heaven, I would get my Pandora back! (My deceased cat. Long story) Also, my happy place (which is in my head) Would be where I live. There wwould be NO POLITICS and NO USELESS WAR. Anime and manga would be free and I would happily live with all my...*counts on fingers*...all my bishounen! There would be no school, I would get to meet MY god, Inari-sama the silver fox god, and life would be happy. For me. biggrin.gif
MustEd4ever
Oh, yes. And included in the luxury mansion(mentioned in my first post) would be my very own WILL TURNER!(check out POTC if you have no idea who I'm talking about)
Prinz_Zoisit
well, i heard that it shall be a place where you don't need any food or music, because you won't have any body no more... and you are a complete unity with other souls.... no suffering and no urges....

i hope i won't miss all these things^^;;
Luckyalchemy27
How sweet...That'd be nice (as long as they weren't like, zombies or something)

*laughs* Yeah, that'd suck.
Zarpia
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ May 6 2005, 11:48 AM)
well, i heard that it shall be a place where you don't need any food or music, because you won't have any body no more... and you are a complete unity with other souls.... no suffering and no urges....

i hope i won't miss all these things^^;;

Well this is about making your own heaven so i guess that if you whant to have music and food you will have those think, then you wont have to miss them biggrin.gif
~FMAgurl~
My idea of heaven would look like wolve's paradise from Wolf's Rain.
It looks so peaceful. The only difference would be that I'd have all my friends and family there, an unlimited supply of anime, lots of chinese food happy.gif, and all my pets...both dead and alive.
Zarpia
yeah, that heaven would be a good one ~FMAgurl~.
alchemist349
I like the idea of being an angel and having wings.
CursedAnubis
Being able to be with all my friends and family would probably be my heaven, but I don't believe in heaven or hell, so it doesn't really matter right? biggrin.gif
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ May 8 2005, 09:23 AM)
Being able to be with all my friends and family would probably be my heaven, but I don't believe in heaven or hell, so it doesn't really matter right? biggrin.gif
[snapback]168590[/snapback]

Unless, of course, you get sent to one or the other anyway, whether you believe in them or not.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(alchemist349 @ May 8 2005, 07:22 AM)
I like the idea of being an angel and having wings.
[snapback]168577[/snapback]

...You'd also need to have hollow bones to pull that off.
Luckyalchemy27

Then again, heaven could be a place where the laws and principles of Earth don't apply. But I suppose that all depends on what you believe.
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 8 2005, 05:22 PM)

Then again, heaven could be a place where the laws and principles of Earth don't apply. But I suppose that all depends on what you believe.
[snapback]168724[/snapback]

Not really. It depends on what it's actually like. A person's beliefs on the matter count for very little really.
Luckyalchemy27
Not really. It depends on what it's actually like. A person's beliefs on the matter count for very little really.

That's true.
~FMAgurl~
There's no way to find out what heaven is like unless one of you plan on dying and coming back to life to tell us. Just thought I'd throw that out there. There aren't any limits to what we think heaven is.
Keiosu
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ May 8 2005, 09:04 AM)
There's no way to find out what heaven is like unless one of you plan on dying and coming back to life to tell us. Just thought I'd throw that out there. There aren't any limits to what we think heaven is.
[snapback]168776[/snapback]

Or there might not be a Heaven at all. We may just die and *proof* nothing more.
~FMAgurl~
Not a favorable option, but it's possible.
CursedAnubis
QUOTE(Keiosu @ May 8 2005, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ May 8 2005, 09:04 AM)
[snapback]168776[/snapback]

Or there might not be a Heaven at all. We may just die and *proof* nothing more.
[snapback]168850[/snapback]

Lol, thats exactly what I think! Hehehe, poof! biggrin.gif
~FMAgurl~
You guys are optimistic tongue.gif
Kit
Uh...I'll just go with the whole happy place thing. And angel wings would rock. And (even though it doesn't mean anything to anyone) I think Heaven exists.
WhiteMike
i dont believe heaven exists, but whatever... anyways, my personal heaven would be: there would be no money, war, disease, starvation, obesity, or any of the 7 sins. people would respect each other and their belongings, etc... ummm, no religion or any of that crap. the wole world would be one big country without the tyranny of america. unbiased education for all!
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ May 8 2005, 09:25 PM)
i dont believe heaven exists, but whatever...  anyways, my personal heaven would be:  there would be no money, war, disease, starvation, obesity, or any of the 7 sins.  people would respect each other and their belongings, etc...   ummm, no religion or any of that crap.  the wole world would be one big country without the tyranny of america.  unbiased education for all!
[snapback]168919[/snapback]

You haven't studient philosophy much have you?

Suffering is necessarily. Conflict is necessary.

We need them in order to have free will. Your system is a tyranny as well, a tyranny of the mind.
WhiteMike
philosophy is next year
sharpieaddicted
it is just like that garden of eden..
but with everything you ever wanted in your posession.
there is no money to buy or sell, it is just out of generousity, because no one will ever be poor we are all equal. there is no more pain, physical or mental or spiritual whateverr.
no one is sick and everyone is just heathly, every one is nice and you can just relax and do whatever you want, no one would be mean or rude etc. that would be so awesome
*daydreams*
hitokiri
QUOTE(sharpieaddicted @ May 8 2005, 10:14 PM)
there is no money to buy or sell, it is just out of generousity, because no one will ever be poor we are all equal. there is no more pain, physical or mental or spiritual whateverr.
no one is sick and everyone is just heathly, every one is nice and you can just relax and do whatever you want, no one would be mean or rude etc. that would be so awesome
*daydreams*
[snapback]169162[/snapback]

that sounds like the most boring place i've ever heard of....
Le Monkey
Yes..
It dose sound a tad ..... empty......
Where is the controll on population?
wink.gif
tongue.gif
Sonic-Teal
Well I believe in heavan, but I believe in reincarnation so we don't stay there forever. But my idea of heavan is a place that I could goof off all day and no work. I would also like to ask god all my questions, then forget them next life.
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(hitokiri @ May 9 2005, 03:23 AM)
QUOTE(sharpieaddicted @ May 8 2005, 10:14 PM)
*daydreams*
[snapback]169162[/snapback]

that sounds like the most boring place i've ever heard of....
[snapback]169172[/snapback]

Plus there is a lack of free will. People in your sickening utopian vision are not human beings. They cannot make the concious decision between good and bad. They are just good.

Evil is necessary, inequality is necessary. Without them, freedom is not possible.
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Dystopian Rhetoric @ May 9 2005, 04:19 PM)
Evil is necessary, inequality is necessary. Without them, freedom is not possible.
[snapback]169374[/snapback]

you mean.... evil is the "salt" in the "soup of good"...

...hmm.. yes, i agree that problems make life more exciting. But they also cause unsatisfaction(in a longer or shorter period of time)...

so what do you prefer?:

- a "perfect" life in peace and everlasting satisfaction where you don't have to pay attention to what you do(weather it's good or bad)... That also means that if you only know good, you don't know evil. Is it fair to let humans ignore the bad things of life(although they may be unhealthy for you/your environment)?

or

- an "imperfect" life with urges and dissatisfactions where you always have to ask your moral and where you can choose weather to do a thing or not...but it'd be a life in which you know the bad things -> that means that your knowledge increases... but is it an equivalent to the bad things you think and cause?
ἀρχή
Theologically, the problem of evil troubles me.

Heaven for me would be to be for me to have a brain that's actually useful and capable of understanding the complex ideas out there. Then I would spend eternity mastering every significant idea to have existed and submit my own ideas for the future smile.gif.
WhiteMike
evil is not a need. do you think that there is a NEED for genocide? I understand what your saying about the need of some evil to respect what we have, but I don't think that you really understand what evil is.
evil is not necessary.
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ May 9 2005, 09:25 PM)
evil is not a need.  do you think that there is a NEED for genocide?  I understand what your saying about the need of some evil to respect what we have, but I don't think that you really understand what evil is.
evil is not necessary.
[snapback]169511[/snapback]

No one said anything about genocide. Just that there must be a choice, between right and wrong, or we have no free will.
hitokiri
the simplest way to put it is this: take a 2 spoonfuls of sugar and a slice of lemon. taste one spoonful. now eat the lemon slice and then taste the other spoonful. isn't the second spoonful sweeter because you have known the taste of sour? now what if there was only sweet? wouldn't that get boring after while?

also its the harsh things in life that make the good things better by comparison. what if you got to ride rollercoasters everyday? wouldn't they just become common place and trivial after a while?

all things must be balanced else they all grow pointless with enough time.
crimsionfire_alchemist
my idea of heaven would have something like. never ending FMA, unlimited games, and never ending anime and manga.
WhiteMike
so, if heaven is just a perfect place (christian heaven), no crime or evil or anything, then wouldn't we get bored of that? nice analogy with the sugar btw happy.gif
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ May 9 2005, 10:23 PM)
so, if heaven is just a perfect place (christian heaven), no crime or evil or anything, then wouldn't we get bored of that?  nice analogy with the sugar btw   happy.gif
[snapback]169568[/snapback]

The only explanation I can think of is that being with God is pure ecstacy, the purest joy possible, greater than any in life. But yes, heaven would seem to be a return to innocence, where we lose our free will.

EDIT: Then again, I'm not God. I don't know how it works to be honest.
ἀρχή
I think a traditional view is that in heaven there is absolute peace and satisfaction. Pleasures aren't needed. Of course, you still have to get over the problem of the identity of the soul after death (i.e. does it congolmerate with all other souls or does it maintain its identity and what form does it take). Thomas Aquinas had some nice writings on that, which I believe is in his Contra Averoism....etc... book - can't remember the exact title, but it's long. Medievals were so much fun laugh.gif

::Edit:: It's noteworthy to say that Aquinas is the one considered to have "Christianized" Aristotle, but often his beliefs had nothing to do with aristotle. Aristotle was more likely to have just had the souls to become conglomerated together and then recycled without identity to the previous life than allow for it to eternally retain its identity. Averoism, which was based more on a Neo-platonic thought, but at the time believed to be Aristotalian was more Aristotalian on that topic.

~Absolute useless analysis of your lifetime tongue.gif
A Dude that says stuff
Whatever heaven actually is like.... I doubt any living human could explain it, even though he/she could go there and back again.

I imagine we can take all our ideas of happiness, peace, bliss etc and multiply it by roughly... infinite rolleyes.gif

But then again no one REALLY knows. Yes, we can make something up out of what we think we want heaven to be like, but in reality we don't know what we want... the real thing will always exceed our expectations...

And about the individualism of the soul: Heaven, the picture the bible projects anyway, doesn't give the idea that all souls will merge into one or that there will be some kind of a singular consciousness. It does however say, that there will be similar forms to what on earth, something we can relate to (new jerusalem, the 12 gates etc) but supposedly it's really overwhelming.

No matter what we will be doing there, I don't think we will be suffering from boredom. Being in the presence of God is told to be quite something of an experience huh.gif

See ya kids there after WW-III wink.gif
Slashrose1010
My Idear of Heaven: It is a paradise. A realm that you can shape yourself. Almost a god of your own domain, but of course you are still subordinate to God. You have free will of course and basically if you can imagine it, you can do it. I don't think Heaven is like most commonly depicted with all clouds etc. unless you want it to be like that. Nothing is off limits unless it is truly evil... but what is evil can only be done because we are mortal, ergo... ANYTHING GOES!!! Besides things like predjudice and offensive behavior *indecent exposure, violent language towards others etc.*

Hell: A realm of your worst nightmares come to life. But, after you are desensitized to these mortal fears that don't really effect you, you move to a thing I call "Stage 2". This is a mental prison. Probably cold and isolated, knowing only darkness and the abyss of an empty heart. It will consume you. Eating away at everything that makes you human. You one will burn you, stab you. You are in utter loneliness and are robbed of your senses.... leaving you in almost non-existant state away from God.... That is hell.
silver bg
i liked the simpsons idea of heaven. that was on a few weeks ago.
any thing u wanted came true
Water Achemist
All I want is to understand myself, and Keith, and not fight with my mom. Plus some anime and manga, and a comp, but that's all.
Fayt
A room fillede with all the mangas in the world and a super computer righ there to watch anime you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.