Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Movies Do You Hate...?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Bling_bling_Angel
Iiiiiiiin opposition to the other movie thread, here we can bash about the ones we despise...

Here we go...

I hate...

- The Notebook: I mean, what in the hell was THAT??!?! dry.gif It was stupid!!!

- The Village: Need I elaborate? That was a waste of frickin' time and you KNOW it!!!

- Open Water - STUUUUUUPID flick... STUUUUPID people... STUUUPID everything... rolleyes.gif
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ May 4 2005, 10:49 PM)
- The Village: Need I elaborate? That was a waste of frickin' time and you KNOW it!!!
[snapback]166719[/snapback]

I do know what you mean mad.gif i went to go see it, and I was very disapointed, I wish I could just go up to the movie ticket counter and Demand a refund for my waste of time with that snorefest of a movie

never seen notebook or Open water

now a movie i detest cause it too was a snorefest for me

Lord of the rings Movie 1 Man i went to that movie and fell asleep not even half way thru the movie huh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Oh, come on now! LoTR is good! happy.gif!!!

BUT THE VILLAGE IS UTTER CRAP!!! mad.gif!!!
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ May 4 2005, 10:59 PM)
Oh, come on now! LoTR is good! happy.gif!!!

BUT THE VILLAGE IS UTTER CRAP!!! mad.gif!!!
[snapback]166733[/snapback]

I will say that The second movie was the only good one out of the three, i didn't bother seeing it but i did see bits and peices of it, and thought they did a better job, at least it was mostly action and not much talk from what i seen of the second movie
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ May 5 2005, 12:49 AM)
- The Notebook: I mean, what in the hell was THAT??!?! dry.gif It was stupid!!!

People either love this one or hate it, I heard. I myself have not seen it, but I have friend who have and loved it (gushing about how I should've gone with them to see it), and others who have and thought it was the cheesiest movie ever. If I ever see this movie, I am more inclined to agree with the latter group as well.

I have not seen this one, and I'd like to. Reminds me of "Signs", which is a hilarious movie. Too predictable though.

QUOTE(«°~Gluttony™~°» @ May 5 2005, 12:55 AM)
Lord of the rings Movie 1 Man i went to that movie and fell asleep not even half way thru the movie huh.gif

I too fell asleep during this movie. After I saw Legolas and he started appearing less frequently on screen, I fell asleep and woke up to a scene with mountains and water, and I was more confused than ever. Then again, not too much happens in the first movie.

The second movie is supposed the best of the three, but I have yet to see that one. I have seen the third though, but it was mostly blurry since I had the misfortune of sitting in the front row of a huge theatre. At least the third is better than the first.

I don't really have a movie I hate, or rather, I haven't seen a movie I've hated yet. This is most likely due to the fact that I do not watch movies in theatres all that often, and I usually only watch a movie if I think/know I will like it. Not going to spend time and money on something I know I won't like.
Carnal Malefactor
Passion of the Christ.
That film is wrong on so many levels.
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 5 2005, 06:38 AM)

I have not seen this one, and I'd like to. Reminds me of "Signs", which is a hilarious movie. Too predictable though.
[snapback]166823[/snapback]

I wouldn't waste my time if i were you, at least signs was funny and good, The Village will bore you, It wasn't even funny

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 5 2005, 06:55 AM)
Passion of the Christ.
That film is wrong on so many levels.
[snapback]166829[/snapback]

how so, it showed Christ and what happend to him, I loved that movie
infatuation_junkie
Passion of the Christ

I liked that one, but I thought it was wrong on some levels aswell.

I hate the new Peter Pan movie.
I don't really know why. But half way through it I threw my popcorn at the screen and walked out.
*sigh* I miss that popcron... sad.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(infatuation_junkie @ May 5 2005, 11:08 AM)
I don't really know why. But half way through it I threw my popcorn at the screen and walked out.

Which Peter Pan movie? "Peter Pan" or "Finding Neverland"? I have seen the former and would like to see the latter.
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(infatuation_junkie @ May 5 2005, 09:08 AM)
[snapback]166882[/snapback]

lmao that was a waste of popcorn

and i can't stand any of the peter pan remakes lol

and wtf were they thinking hen they made The Hulk blink.gif that was to much talk and less action
infatuation_junkie
The new "Peter Pan" one. With the guys who is now in some Club House show.

I haven't seen Finding Neverland. I heard the outcome of the movie before I saw it, so I was ruined. Everyone in my family, i.e my cousin, said it was good and sad.

"So if your easily put to tears, you shouldn't watch it." <~~ Message from my cousin.

QUOTE(«°~Gluttony™~°» @ May 5 2005, 10:14 AM)
and i can't stand any of the peter pan remakes lol

and wtf were they thinking hen they made The Hulk blink.gif that was to much talk and less action
[snapback]166888[/snapback]

I can't stand the remakes either.. maybe thats why I wasted a $3.49 bucket of popcorn... Oops, heh.

The Hulk.. That was.. um... Horrid. I loved the comic strips, so automatically I thought I'd love the movie.
WrOnG!

So yeah. I hate that movie to.
Riza Babe
Yeah I agree open water was sh**

What Lotr movie 1 was Good but not Rubbish!!! biggrin.gif
StateAlchemistElric
Ok I own over 540 movies on DVD and there are only about 200 that I like. So I won't go super long on this list in fact I'll just list the ones I hate the most,

First off, The Pest - it was such a stupid movie and was just a waste of tallent.
Napoleon Dinomite- I know I'll probably get betten up on this one, but it was horrible, boring, and again a waste of tallent. Though there were a few funny parts, it was all together an F performance.
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(StateAlchemistElric @ May 5 2005, 10:52 AM)
Ok I own over 540 movies on DVD and there are only about 200 that I like.  So I won't go super long on this list in fact I'll just list the ones I hate the most, 

First off,  The Pest - it was such a stupid movie and was just a waste of tallent.
Napoleon Dinomite- I know I'll probably get betten up on this one, but it was horrible, boring, and again a waste of tallent.  Though there were a few funny parts, it was all together an F performance.
[snapback]166924[/snapback]

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW Can you not like The Pest, that was a classic Movie sad.gif I loved it so much

Napoleon Dinomite on the other hand sucked I'm so glad I didn't go see it, I Called it for what it was before hand it sucked, my brother gave in to fellow workers and rented the movie and he watched it and he was annoyed that he wasted his money so I said I was right I knew it lol
GreedEnvyWrath
iI can't stand those cheapo horror movies on the sci-fi channel the are so low-budget films and The Exorcist was so dumb it was hillarious "lick me,lick me" f*** ME f*** ME laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ May 5 2005, 11:46 AM)
iI can't stand those cheapo horror movies on the sci-fi channel the are so low-budget films  and The Exorcist was so dumb  it was hillarious "lick me,lick me" f*** ME f*** ME  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
[snapback]166951[/snapback]

havn't seen Exorcist The Beginning yet :| i got the dvd and yet to watch it lol

thanks for reminding

and I love some of thoes Cheapo horror movies sometimes, when there isn't something else on I go to there to see if there is anything good lol

Now this isn't exacally what this topic is about but close

I liked Spiderman but I didn't like how they did The Green goblin when he was in the suit
Drina
*growls*

Grrrr.... THE PLANET OF THE APES.... dry.gif

The worst movie I ever saw. Terrible plot. Bad first one and even worse second one. The only good thing that the newer version did was put Matt Damon in there.... blink.gif
Fresh_Coffee
I forget what it is called but it's with Kate bosworth(sp?) it's about surfing and it's the freaking stupidest thing ever.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(«°~Gluttony?~°» @ May 5 2005, 04:53 PM)
[snapback]166873[/snapback]

a) It was blatantly anti-semitic
cool.gif The violence was wildly exaggerated and gratuitous.
c) Mel Gibson used a lot of 'artistic license' with the story, including a lot of elements that aren't found in scripture.
d) It was ridiculously exploitative.
e) It just wasn't that interesting of a film.
Lyndsie_Elric
The croc hunter movie was SO bad it made my eyes bleed... I had to watch it with my cousin if anyone was wondering. blink.gif wacko.gif
stella_mustang
I personally did not like 'You Got Served'
The dancing was awesome but there was no plot what-so-ever
Also 'Crossroads' was terrible
Britney Spears???? What were they thinking?
Foolio
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ May 5 2005, 12:46 PM)
films  and The Exorcist was so dumb  it was hillarious "lick me,lick me" f*** ME f*** ME  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
[snapback]166951[/snapback]

thats just because it was old, when it first came out im sure it was scarey (but ill admit when i saw it i couldnt stop laughing either)

Signs was the only only movie i saw that i really hate. it started out good: aliens invading etc....but WATER?! GAH!
NightMistress
I HATED "From Justin to Kelly". It was completely retarded. American Idol winner, an actor that does not make.

"Glitter" was unbelievably bad too.

"The Village" I can't believe someone payed my way ($9) for that piece of crap. I still feel robbed of time I'm never going to get back. "Signs" and "Sixth Sense" were better.

"Torque" was soooooo bad. It got painful to watch. I was just too damn lazy to go across the room to get my remote.

"Underworld" was another movie that made me upset. I suppose I was more upset because *I* payed to see it. My bff was seeing it across town (though hers started about and hour later than my showing). I had to call her on her phone to tell her to get out while she still could.
Lyndsie_Elric
QUOTE(NightMistress @ May 6 2005, 12:52 PM)
I HATED "From Justin to Kelly".  It was completely retarded.  American Idol winner, an actor that does not make.

"Glitter" was unbelievably bad too. 

"The Village" I can't believe someone payed my way ($9) for that piece of crap.  I still feel robbed of time I'm never going to get back. "Signs" and "Sixth Sense" were better.

"Torque" was soooooo bad.  It got painful to watch. I was just too damn lazy to go across the room to get my remote.

"Underworld" was another movie that made me upset.  I suppose I was more upset because *I* payed to see it. My bff was seeing it across town (though hers started about and hour later than my showing).  I had to call her on her phone to tell her to get out while she still could.
[snapback]167591[/snapback]

HEY! I love The Village! ... Meany... dry.gif But I agree on all the other ones! ^.^
GreedEnvyWrath
Torque was pretty gay,like doing a back flip on a ninja in the middle of the street is impossible.
phoenix dying
I though that 28 days later was preaty lame dry.gif . It had lots of gore and guns, but i thought that the plot was lacking something fearse.
Real lame....
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 5 2005, 05:31 PM)

c) Mel Gibson used a lot of 'artistic license' with the story, including a lot of elements that aren't found in scripture.
[snapback]167237[/snapback]

You just can't stand the fact that it was very realistic, is all... It wasn't anti-Jewish. How was it anti-semitic? It portrayed evilness on the part of the Pharisees. The Pharisees don't represent the whole of Israel, do they? It portrayed violence on the part of the Roman soldiers, but not Rome as an empire. How is it exploitative? The fact that it just showed what Christ went through for humanity? What did Mel Gibson add that wasn't in scripture? The fact that Christ loved His Mother Mary? What? How was it wildly exaggerated? Have you not studied Roman history? Do you not know how they punish people? What they did to Christ was their normal routine... Face it - You just don't like Christianity, hence everything about it you hate and despise.
phoenix dying
Hold it up there bling, don't kill the guy over his opinion.

Maby we should not go indept about religion here , because that would lead to argument, in turns leads to angry threats, then it all leads up to ME KILLING SOMEONE mad.gif *cough* but really, lets not go there.
Bling_bling_Angel
BACON STARTED IT!!! mad.gif!!!

AND WHAT I SAID WAS TRUE! AND YOU KNOW IT!!!
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ May 6 2005, 10:09 PM)
BACON STARTED IT!!! mad.gif!!!

AND WHAT I SAID WAS TRUE! AND YOU KNOW IT!!!
[snapback]167785[/snapback]

*backs up slowly* no need to kill me now, sorrrry bling.

Maby you are right....
Quistis88
All right, please, no more religious debates. Some people here are really stubborn about religion, and some are getting tired of this. I don't mind if the debate is friendly and each side presents their argument in a respectable tone, but if another thread that has nothing to do with religion gets religion-debate-washed, then I WILL close it.
edsgirl
I thought the Blair Witch Project was utterly horrible! I can't believe I wasted any money seeing that piece of crap!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ May 7 2005, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 5 2005, 05:31 PM)

[snapback]167237[/snapback]

You just can't stand the fact that it was very realistic, is all... It wasn't anti-Jewish. How was it anti-semitic? It portrayed evilness on the part of the Pharisees. The Pharisees don't represent the whole of Israel, do they? It portrayed violence on the part of the Roman soldiers, but not Rome as an empire. How is it exploitative? The fact that it just showed what Christ went through for humanity? What did Mel Gibson add that wasn't in scripture? The fact that Christ loved His Mother Mary? What? How was it wildly exaggerated? Have you not studied Roman history? Do you not know how they punish people? What they did to Christ was their normal routine... Face it - You just don't like Christianity, hence everything about it you hate and despise.
[snapback]167779[/snapback]

...you're an idiot...

Go study the history of the Passion Plays of the Middle Ages and the violence they incited against Jews in Europe. This movie was made as a modern interpretation of those Passion Plays.
The violence in that film was most definitely exaggerated. Nobody can possibly bleed that much and remain conscious. Not the purported son o' god, not anyone. And it wasn't just the PHarisees that were portrayed demonically in the film. It was ALL JEWS who were on screen when Jesus was getting nailed up. And it's quite suspect the rather lax treatment Gibson gives Pontius Pilate, who was ultimately responsible for Christ's execution. He clearly portrayed the Jews as the central villains of the film.
The film was exploitative in that it used cheap, gratuitous violence to garner attention in lieu of genuine content.
And there's a whole list of elements from the movie that were not in the New Testament that I could provide you with.

Your defensiveness of your religious beliefs is utterly repugnant. Rather than seek a civil dialogue and debate, you fly off the handle at any notion of disagreement with how you've been indoctrinated. Your attitude is emblematic of everything that's wrong with religion and religious people today. You construe anything that disagrees with your narrow world view as a threat, and rather than seek an understanding, you seek to strike it down.
Life is going to teach you some harsh lessons, Ms. Bling. And I hope you pay attention, because the tests are nasty.
^ My, you're like impressing everyone with your breadth of knowledge and open-mindedness. Now everyone shall fall on their knees and feel inferior cause they happen to be younger, less experienced, and don't know as much since they haven't even been in college. ohmy.gif

@Bling: If you have nothing constructive to say, do shut up.

Least Favorite Movies:
- Kill Bill --> no plot, just a bunch of bloody scenes
- Fibra Optica --> anyone who sees this more than once does so to keep their hormones running
- A Walk to Remember and The Notebook --> the books are fine, but the movies are crappy
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(Lyndsie_Elric @ May 6 2005, 02:37 PM)
HEY! I love The Village! ... Meany... dry.gif  But I agree on all the other ones! ^.^
[snapback]167697[/snapback]

you gotta be kidding me dry.gif
nekodesu
Napolean Dynamite was quite idiotic >_> And I have never seen Village and I never do wanna see it.
Scar-San
Phantasm ( that is really old but like a sh.t )
Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (it is Turkish movie )
gangs of New York
AvP
the Punisher ( actually i dont really hate it but i was waiting better cause of The Punisher's comic books)
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Scar-San @ May 7 2005, 09:53 AM)
Phantasm ( that is really old but like a sh.t )
Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (it is Turkish movie )
gangs of New York
AvP
the Punisher ( actually i dont really hate it but i was waiting better cause of The Punisher's comic books)
[snapback]168001[/snapback]

I though that gangs of new york was a preaty good movie dry.gif , so was the punisher.

But i thought that The Hulk was a terrible movie, diddn't deliver the plot.
Carnal Malefactor
I just noticed how many of you actually saw utterly horrible movies that nobody should ever have seen [i.e. You Got Served]. Don't you know just by watching tv ads that certain movies are not to be watched? blink.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Hours ... I thought it was stupid, I didn't understand it all, what was the secert? It seems to be on a higher level T_T.
Ninie
Hum, I never really saw a movie that I hated... It seems like a have luck when choosing the movies I go to! happy.gif

The only ones I thought really lame were Kill Bill. I mean... did they need to say that the girl was b-i-ou-t-f-u-l every 5 seconds? Hey, the guy made her a katana even if he was retired because of her looks! I saw the first one because my friend told me it was really funny... and it was! tongue.gif We saw the second one, too, and mistook it for a comedy! I thought the ending was stupid. I was waiting for a better fight against Bill, a more impresive death... And how can a person still be alive and kicking ass after she was shot in the chest two times and buried alive? It was artistic, yes, but sometimes, realism counts, too.

Sorry for the crappy post... I think I'm tired
stella_mustang
I haven't actually seen the village but it looked mildly interesting on the trailers. Maybe I'll watch it purely for Adrien Brody.
Kill Bill was quite stupid as well.
Although I don't actually understand that much Japanese, I have lived there and Lucy Liu's japanese was really bad I thought. My brother and I were in hysterics.
You Got Served I only watched because my friend said that the DANCING was good, otherwise I wouldn't have watched it.
WhiteMike
Dark Asylum, avoid at all costs. Open water was horrid, and so was the passion. I liked the villiage's atmosphere, but it was much too predictible and stupid.
Carnal Malefactor
I see most of you Kill Bill haters clearly missed the point with those films. mellow.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 8 2005, 02:53 PM)
I see most of you Kill Bill haters clearly missed the point with those films. mellow.gif
[snapback]168940[/snapback]

You didn't hate Kill Bill? Finally someone who dosen't...

Gangs of New York was so stupid.. wth.
Carnal Malefactor
Kill Bill did exactly what it was meant to do. It was a spoof of and a tribute to Asian action/exploitation cinema, wrapped up in an awesome comedy.
GreedEnvyWrath
Yeah, Kill Bill was horrible!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ May 9 2005, 01:27 AM)
Yeah, Kill Bill was horrible!!!
[snapback]169115[/snapback]

Please. You like InuYasha. I think you're hardly qualified to judge what's good cinema.
WhiteMike
zing
crimsionfire_alchemist
28 days later and anyother scary movie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.