Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boyfriends And Girlfriends
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Tombow
^^ I agree. Abstruse Eulogy is correct.
Hence... Stealth, Toby-Chan, baKa-neKoh, and Summoner Colette, I moved your posts, along with mine, (total of 6 posts) that were preceding Abstruse Eulogy's post above, to
Love and Age thread in Debate District sub-forum of Spam Central Forum. smile.gif
Sayurianded4evr
yeah ok... 12 year olds know nothing!! it's all about 13 year olds like me!!! lol anyway, calling people bitches is a part of the teenage years good lord, if you think it's mean now, wait till middle school.
Popogeejo
^Please go away, nobody here likes you. We can cope with retards but you really do set the bar for noobishness this year.

Popo's all time love advice: Never date people who permanently refer to themselves in the third person, we need to get them out of the gene pool wink.gif
Slashrose1010
Zomg, or even wait until high school or collage, or the real world. I don't think anyone really is developed until they are at least 16, and even than any 16 year old is pretty immature. It's just a biological fact.

Anyway, I am having GF problems.... but technically still together. You may have to switch my vote for taken back to single before Junior Prom, guys...
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Sayurianded4evr @ Feb 22 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]508471[/snapback]
yeah ok... 12 year olds know nothing!! it's all about 13 year olds like me!!! lol anyway, calling people bitches is a part of the teenage years good lord, if you think it's mean now, wait till middle school.
No, it is not part of "the teenage years". Some people have greater respect for their friends than to call them by derogatory terms like it's everyone's second name.

QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Feb 22 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]508492[/snapback]
Popo's all time love advice: Never date people who permanently refer to themselves in the third person, we need to get them out of the gene pool wink.gif
laugh.gif

Slash: mei is sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully things will work out. sad.gif
Naivete
QUOTE("sayurianded4evr")

Actually, in the long run, 12 and 13 year olds don't differ much.Also I'm only one year older than you and I don't refer to my friends as female dogs (and neither does anyone else in my grade for that matter..unless it's for a good reason). I'm not trying to pick on you or be mean but at the moment, you sound a bit stupid.
Stealth
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Feb 23 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]508512[/snapback]
QUOTE("sayurianded4evr")

Actually, in the long run, 12 and 13 year olds don't differ much.Also I'm only one year older than you and I don't refer to my friends as female dogs (and neither does anyone else in my grade for that matter..unless it's for a good reason). I'm not trying to pick on you or be mean but at the moment, you sound a bit stupid.

If your not going to pick on her or be mean then I will. (sorry off topic)

@sayurianded4evr- I thought u were meant to be helping people? Unless you have something to offer us.
Kisara
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Feb 23 2007, 07:17 AM) [snapback]508512[/snapback]
QUOTE("sayurianded4evr")

I disagree. Turning 13 made quite a difference in my life. The restrictions lighten up by A LOT, and you get so much stuff that you didn't get when you were 12. As for calling someone a b*tch, I hardly ever (if not, never) call someone that, unless they really tick me off.

Anyway, that's just my two-cents in, but back on the topic of relationships, I'm also one of those people that aren't quite sure if I am in a relationship or not. And in a situation like this, you don't wanna just ask a guy "are you my boyfriend?"
silentsky
but Kisara... how would the guy react?

that doesn't really happen at our school...
usually they ask if they want to be bf/gf first... then go out...
[but i dont do that!!! i find it weird...]

o! have you guys heard about a 8th grader [girl] date a 5th grader[boy --- fyi]
they were bf/gf for one year until the girl left

they even made out in the school parking lot -- ew... people saw...
Naivete
Does anyone else here agree that the term girlfriend and boyfriend (when used for people around my age) has somehow degraded to the point that it only means that you get certain "privilages" to certain aspects of your bf/gf's body? I've just been watching people going out and I posted a classic example of this a few pages back. I might post a link to that post later on...

And there are some people who get a bf/gf just for the sake of having one and being able to boast about going out; pretty pointless if you ask me.
Fushi
Well, people who frequent the Penny thread will already know that I've been involved since Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a long distance relationship, with my town an hour and a half away from his city. Damnit.

But he calls every night. Although this can be a problem its self sometimes...since I don't always feel like talking on the phone (I actually dislike talking on phones altogether), he tends to call inbetween the time that I take a shower, get ready for bed, and watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report with my dad, (nightly ritual, cannot be disturbed) and he doesn't seem to understand that if I don't answer the first two times, I probably won't the next ten. I think he's driving my dad crazy and they haven't even met yet XD Ah well. Otherwise he's a great catch. A big anime fan himself, comfortable with talking about certain womanly things most men aren't, makes me feel good about myself and my appearance, and on top of that, he once recited some Mustang lines over the phone. For real. I'm serious. I didn't even ask. I died laughing. Mind you it was the Mini-skirt army line, so...XD;

A fangirl knows a guy loves her when he immitates her favorite character. *ahem* >>

Anyways, we're hoping to see each other soon, perferably during my spring break or sooner than that if possible. <3
Carnal Malefactor
...you scare me...
Fushi
Once again, I did not ask him to do it. o_o He just did. I actually begged him not to, because it was embarrasing to listen to. XD; It was cute tho, but I pray that he never does it again. XP

His other impressions are better anyways. The ones not of anime characters.
Densetsu_kid
I already have a big crush on someone. What sucks is that she is taken sad.gif
Stealth
@Fushigi Rockna: Long distance relationships hardly work out as far as i know. But he sounds sweet if he is willing to sound silly just for you.

Still free and loving it.
silentsky
i guess you could moap around for relationships and stuff... but eventually you'll have to get over it...
[but what do i know anyway?]

fushigi rockna: the guy you're describing sounds like my friend eric. he has a lang distance relationship with a girl. he is a super anime fan as well --- and basically everything you said...

itd be weird if you were eric's girlfriend...
Naivete
@Stealth: I second that laugh.gif

Too bad the poll didn't have a "not looking" option when I voted dry.gif

@BabaAsinSheep: That would be freaky ph34r.gif
Chiyo
When it comes to long distance relationships, few can top LeMonkey, though I do believe now he has bought his tickets to far away land and will be there in May.
Fushi
fushigi rockna: the guy you're describing sounds like my friend eric. he has a lang distance relationship with a girl. he is a super anime fan as well --- and basically everything you said...

itd be weird if you were eric's girlfriend...
OMG, where do you live!? O_O His name is Erik! o.o

edit: wait, wait, waitaminute. I checked your profile, and it said you were 13. My Erik just turned 18 in December (a little over 5 months older than me) and is in his first year of university. So unless he's like your older friend, or what you put down for your age is wrong, I doubt they're the same.

@Fushigi Rockna: Long distance relationships hardly work out as far as i know. But he sounds sweet if he is willing to sound silly just for you.

Hmmm...it's not really that long distance, only an hour and a half or so away. And we go to that city often to go shopping cause nothing good is in town. Plus, I plan on going to school there a year from now (gonna do my first year in a small town college with transferable university studies in order to get used to living on my own before going to a big city). =) (and yes he is quite sweet ^.^ In other ways too <3)

My dad and his girlfriend actually have a long distance relationship (with the normal speed limit, she's about 5 hours away) and they've been together for 5 years and have a great relationship. So while it's true that they don't always work, that are some that do. smile.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Well I will just say I have the word taken in my head tongue.gif.
ゆきえいり
Have a girlfriend? No. Looking? Yesh. *sigh* Which is very difficult.
Zarpia
QUOTE(ゆきえい @ May 23 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]546501[/snapback]
Have a girlfriend? No. Looking? Yesh. *sigh* Which is very difficult.
What are you, 14? right? you can wait a lil longer =P on the other side..I can't XD
ゆきえいり
What are you, 14? right? you can wait a lil longer =P on the other side..I can't XD
No, 14 1/2 (yes, the half ALWAYs counts! XD). I'm not desperate or anything, but, it would be nice to have one, you know?
GothGirl
No, 14 1/2 (yes, the half ALWAYs counts! XD). I'm not desperate or anything, but, it would be nice to have one, you know?
Heh, I'm almost fourteen (I have a boyfriend), and my friend just turned fifteen (he's a guy). Lately he's been freaking out about not having a girlfriend and let me tell you, it's ANNOYING. So, a bit of advice, don't stress over it. If you worry about it most likely you'll just piss the girls off. (Not saying it to be mean or anything, just speaking from experience.) Well, good luck anyways!
lol. the people here are mean jk i don't care. i've been through worse.... but "back on topic" I love nathan!!

Well, the more I read these forums the more I realize exactly why you guys have the bias against early teens/preteens. Now I'm starting to understand....
At least I've been trying to not say stupid and inane things.
Naivete
At least I've been trying to not say stupid and inane things.

Don't worry, you sound perfectly fine.

As for the bf/gf thing with teens, I just think it's plain stupid (from experience). I have never met anyone around the same age as me who's kept a relationship for more than a month. A girl I know went out with a guy as bf/gf for a week or two and when I asked, she said "Oh, I broke up with him- he got boring."
Now why would you go out with a guy who you only just met a few weeks ago if you thought he was boring? rolleyes.gif
GothGirl
Well, I'm thirteen and my current relationship has lasted three months already and is just peachy....
Some people my age who are friends of mine have keep relationships for 10+ months.
Lujuriosa_GiRl
I am not looking for a relationship currently. All I want is to have fun, commitment is not a word that exists in my dictionary as of now. Nor do I think it will ever be tongue.gif.
Amethyst Sunset
Been single for all 17 (soon to be 18) years of my life. And not looking for an intimate male companion-slash-boyfriend right now. XD
Zachelle
^ lol. Same here tongue.gif been single for 15 years now. And I don't want to be in a relationship anytime soon. I think it's too early for that XDD And I don't want to have a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship.
Quistis88
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag for me now. laugh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 25 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]547111[/snapback]

@Quisty - You're totally "spoken for" now. When are you two planning to get married?? tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 25 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]547112[/snapback]
@Quisty - You're totally "spoken for" now. When are you two planning to get married?? tongue.gif

5 years or so. tongue.gif We've actually been talking about our wedding a lot as of late . . .
Carnal Malefactor
...5 years is ample time to realize that you can do better. biggrin.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ May 25 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]547117[/snapback]
...5 years is ample time to realize that you can do better. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Harsh! Of course, we never know anything about what will happen in the future, but it's not like I can't prepare for it. tongue.gif
Soiltary_alchemist14
Yes I have a boyfriend and i love him to death happy.gif tongue.gif
Shinobimelxi
QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ May 25 2007, 04:29 AM) [snapback]547035[/snapback]
Been single for all 17 (soon to be 18) years of my life. And not looking for an intimate male companion-slash-boyfriend right now. XD

QUOTE(Zachelle @ May 25 2007, 04:33 AM) [snapback]547037[/snapback]
^ lol. Same here tongue.gif been single for 15 years now. And I don't want to be in a relationship anytime soon. I think it's too early for that XDD And I don't want to have a relationship just for the sake of having a relationship.

I was about to not admit it cause I've never had a true boyfriend. I did when i was very young, but i really knew nothing about romantic relationships, or what a BF was.
14 years later, 14 years of being unfortunately single sad.gif . finding one is hard.
Zarpia
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 25 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]547111[/snapback]
how dare you leave us alone?! D:
Kal Rommel
Just turned 16...I was single up until a couple of weeks ago. But I'm not sure how it's going to work out, really. We may just be more suited to being best friends rather than in a relationship. -sigh-
Then I'll go back to counting up another 15 years of the single life.
Amalthea
I'm single right now. I'm not sure if now would be the best time to get a boyfriend because I will be starting college in August. It's unlikely that a boy I meet now would be going to the same college as me, and if we don't see each other as much we might grow apart.

Now, once I'm in college, I would LOOOVE to have a boyfriend who attends the same college as me. tongue.gif
Sayurianded4evr
Eh, used to spam this page with my unnessicary ..... [yes i know i spelled it wrong]

Now i've got a boyfriend and i've been with him for 3 months and a day. Any issues? I'd love to give advice ^^
Carnal Malefactor
Who in their right mind would ask for advice from a flake like you?
That One Dude
I have never had a boyfriend and I'm not looking either [spoiler]because, according to what my friends say, all men are BASTARDS, AND I BELIEVE THEM.[/spoiler]
ゆきえいり
^ Not all men are bastards. For once, I'll actually stick up for them. I have a few male friends who aren't bastards, and I've met a lot of males here who aren't bastards. And that's saying a lot for me.

Goth Girl Uh...Obviously you don't understand what I was saying...I'm not worried or stressed over the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. It would just be fun to have one.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Zarpia @ May 26 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]547286[/snapback]
how dare you leave us alone?! D:

I'm not leaving you alone, but bringing another to you? huh.gif *can't make excuses*
GothGirl
Who in their right mind would ask for advice from a flake like you?
I second this!
Goth Girl Uh...Obviously you don't understand what I was saying...I'm not worried or stressed over the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. It would just be fun to have one.

Hehe...sorry I misunderstood what you said, I guess I was just looking for a venue to rant...my apologies that I ended up dumping my rant on you!
Scar-San
All men are bastards? Wow TOXIN13 arent you too young (and inexperienced) to feel that way wink.gif
Hiro-san
Uh...No offense but not ALL men are bastards, your friend just had a bad experience with one, so don't believe the hype. ph34r.gif
GothGirl
Yeh, men can be nice lots of the time. 'All men are bastards' is no more true that 'all women are bitches'. I mean, everyone usually is at somepoint (a b*tch/bastard), but you can't say it's just all the guys or all the gals.
Freya-chan
Who needs love really it sucks it isnt good just today 3 people came to complain how "the didnt know that their boyfriend/girlfriend was cheeting on the and they want them to die" highschool love...... sleep.gif wacko.gif
Uchiha Kimimaro
yea i'm lookin for a bf....i wish i had one sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.