Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boyfriends And Girlfriends
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Nov 26 2005, 01:26 PM) [snapback]319957[/snapback]
Everyone dates. It's the 'thing'. From the time you're 11.

Seriously, though. I feel like there must be something wrong with me when I'm 17 and I've never even been on a 'date', and that I'm not looking for a relationship right now, because I value building friendships more.

Of course, then those friends get to go off and get their little soulmate-of-the-week, and plain ol' friends are chopped liver. dry.gif It frustrates me, because I don't want to judge whether or not their emotions are serious, but I just don't want to suddenly be second priority when someone I care about has found a new mouth to put their tongue in, and therefore by some odd teenage logic, is in 'love'.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

You're not crazy. If you are, then I am, too, because I agree with you.
japaneseobesession
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 23 2005, 10:57 PM) [snapback]318919[/snapback]

QUOTE(japaneseobesession @ Nov 23 2005, 06:47 PM) [snapback]318915[/snapback]
EXACTLY!
*is under 18*
*isn't allowed to date until *counts* 17 (used to be 18)*
*isn't looking*

*tsk tsk tsk*

Why is it 17 now?

I dunno
it's not as if I can read my mom's mind dry.gif
zombie
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 27 2005, 06:12 AM) [snapback]319959[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Nov 26 2005, 01:26 PM) [snapback]319957[/snapback]

Seriously, though. I feel like there must be something wrong with me when I'm 17 and I've never even been on a 'date', and that I'm not looking for a relationship right now, because I value building friendships more.

Of course, then those friends get to go off and get their little soulmate-of-the-week, and plain ol' friends are chopped liver. dry.gif It frustrates me, because I don't want to judge whether or not their emotions are serious, but I just don't want to suddenly be second priority when someone I care about has found a new mouth to put their tongue in, and therefore by some odd teenage logic, is in 'love'.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Your not alone in thinking that
staystill

(Toby-Chan @ Nov 26 2005, 01:26 PM)

Of course, then those friends get to go off and get their little soulmate-of-the-week, and plain ol' friends are chopped liver. It frustrates me, because I don't want to judge whether or not their emotions are serious, but I just don't want to suddenly be second priority when someone I care about has found a new mouth to put their tongue in, and therefore by some odd teenage logic, is in 'love'.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

(Quistis88 @ Nov 27 2005, 06:12 AM)

(zombie Posted Today, 02:42 PM)
Your not alone in thinking that

im in the same boat, but that might change in the next week (or month laugh.gif ), might ohmy.gif
kokoro_shadow_angel
LoLs...when i came to america i was totally lost...and nobody reallie caught my interest at first since i was feeling the "i miss someone back home" thing...

its been almost six months since i moved...i got over that guy back home months ago...but still, nobody here catches my interest...

i hate being single but i don't wanna just grab the first one i can get, know what i mean?

i'd rather wait...still waiting ^^
Carnal Malefactor
Where are you from originally?
JudasPriest1
It's one of the dangers of conformity saddly if the popular kids are dating in the third grade (thats when people down here started except me) every one is. Damn conformity. dry.gif
Chiyo
Ugh, conformity, people I know fnd it strange I am quite happy without a boyfriend. Why? Are they so sad they cannot be without someone to make bambi eyes at?
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 28 2005, 05:13 PM) [snapback]321191[/snapback]

Ugh, conformity, people I know fnd it strange I am quite happy without a boyfriend. Why? Are they so sad they cannot be without someone to make bambi eyes at?

I know exactly what you mean. Seriously.
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 27 2005, 11:06 PM) [snapback]320808[/snapback]

i won't say, but i'm from somewhere in asia ^^...its a place east of the philippines and south of japan...damn i miss that place...

QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Nov 28 2005, 05:05 PM) [snapback]321187[/snapback]

It's one of the dangers of conformity saddly if the popular kids are dating in the third grade (thats when people down here started except me) every one is. Damn conformity. dry.gif

amen....conformity sucks...besides, kids are growing up way to fast these days...its so sad...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(kokoro_shadow_angel @ Nov 28 2005, 07:55 PM) [snapback]321215[/snapback]

i won't say, but i'm from somewhere in asia ^^...its a place east of the philippines and south of japan...damn i miss that place...

[checks globe]

...Palau? huh.gif
japaneseobesession
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 28 2005, 09:13 PM) [snapback]321191[/snapback]

yeah.. don't you think that's sick?

People have been going up to me and going

people : hey, you got a boyfriend?
me : no
people : why not?
me : ...I don't want one
people : *gasp*

.....o.o
animefreak_zzz
it is the same over here as well...
i am perfectly fine without a guy...
and yet, my friends just can't wait to get attached..

when i get a little close to my guy friends,
they can't wait to jump at us to pair us up...
totally stupid... dry.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I don't understand why people so young want a boy/girlfriend so badly. I realize it's new and exciting but dating is not all it's cracked up to be.

When I was in high school I wasn't really interested in dating. Mainly due to the people I had to chose from.

Not that it's gotten much better as an adult. dry.gif
Blade Alchemist
Did have a gf but she broke up with me before Halloween and cheated on me the night before, and lied about it too. mad.gif
Still ticks me off!

So many good memories turned into a black pit of sorrow.

Oh well every one calls her the NJ whore now. lol
Quistis88
QUOTE(Envy @ Nov 28 2005, 08:25 PM) [snapback]321384[/snapback]
I don't understand why people so young want a boy/girlfriend so badly. I realize it's new and exciting but dating is not all it's cracked up to be.

When I was in high school I wasn't really interested in dating. Mainly due to the people I had to chose from.

Not that it's gotten much better as an adult. dry.gif

Hear, hear. dry.gif

Actually, I knew about a handful of decent people back in high school. Too bad we've all pretty much gone our separate ways now for post-secondary education. Not that I mind. I'm not looking to date anyone anyhow.
Heartless_Soldier
I had a Girl friend for about two years. Then she moved and things broke apart from there. sad.gif I guess it's true when they say long distance relationships don't work.
phoenix dying
I am as you say....currentely advaliable(sp?) sad.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 28 2005, 04:57 PM) [snapback]321217[/snapback]

[checks globe]

...Palau? huh.gif

either that or some stray island in the pacific
staystill
by: phoenix alchemist Posted Today, 08:56 PM
I am as you say....currentely advaliable(sp?)

same here.
and im sorta young, but i was this one kid that was in about 2-3rd grade and he already had a gf! now thats way too young. thats just crazy! but i think im old enough to maybe have 1. or 2 tongue.gif
jk
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Nov 30 2005, 10:01 PM) [snapback]322337[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 28 2005, 04:57 PM) [snapback]321217[/snapback]

[checks globe]

...Palau? huh.gif

either that or some stray island in the pacific

BINGO!!! some stray island in the pacific...and its not palau

but i'm an asian: 90% Filipino and 10% Chinese
not a pacific islander ^^

i miss that island though...it was like this japanese tourist spot so you'd have all the bilingual signs in english and japanese...it was a pretty good way to pick up the language ^^

back to the subject of dating...
i reallie don't want to get hooked up with anybody right now...there's really nobody i'm interested in...and frankly, i could care a whole lot less
Carnal Malefactor
How can you be 90% anything? blink.gif
kokoro_shadow_angel
fine, fine...i'll use fractions...

i'm 7/8 filipino and 1/8 chinese...

90% and 10% are ROUGH estimates...coz i hate fractions and math in general dry.gif
Edwardhellion
Well I like someone wub.gif but no I don't have a girlfriend.
staystill
Edwardhellion Posted Today, 01:29 AM
Well I like someone but no I don't have a girlfriend.

same here, but im getting close but well, idk.
laters
Chiyo
I saw two girls have the most amazing arguement last night. I do believe I learnt a few new words and phrases.

And would you believe, it was over a guy, one of those sad petty moments of 'were you lookin at ma boyfriend'. I do love the maturity of 21 year olds today.
Smoke Alchemist
I am close to getting a BF! Guess we will have to see...[to be continued]
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Dec 7 2005, 10:50 AM) [snapback]325654[/snapback]

I saw two girls have the most amazing arguement last night. I do believe I learnt a few new words and phrases.

And would you believe, it was over a guy, one of those sad petty moments of 'were you lookin at ma boyfriend'. I do love the maturity of 21 year olds today.

lol.. Well I have seen so many like that recently..
And yesterday there was one over me, wich mane me smile..
Then I realised who were doing it.. *_*
Chiyo
ohmy.gif

Its like watching a soap opera, tune in next week to see what happens to Smoke biggrin.gif (good luck btw)
Terra_Nomie
I used to have a bf for two years but we grew apart becuase I moved this past summer and it's still kinda weird. I haven't been single for awhile. I like guys but i'm not the kinda girl who goes up adn asks them out. I am more traditional. I like when a guy comes up to me and asks me out. Now that I'm able to drive I would rather go out on a date instead of just saying "sure I'll go out with you, " and not really know the guy that much. I wish that this one cute guy would ask me out but yet I don't think it will ever happen since well not many guys like to ask girls out any more. unsure.gif sad.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Terra_Nomie @ Dec 7 2005, 02:03 PM) [snapback]325735[/snapback]

I used to have a bf for two years but we grew apart becuase I moved this past summer and it's still kinda weird. I haven't been single for awhile. I like guys but i'm not the kinda girl who goes up adn asks them out. I am more traditional. I like when a guy comes up to me and asks me out. Now that I'm able to drive I would rather go out on a date instead of just saying "sure I'll go out with you, " and not really know the guy that much. I wish that this one cute guy would ask me out but yet I don't think it will ever happen since well not many guys like to ask girls out any more. unsure.gif sad.gif

Goodluck with this...Don't worry you never know he could be traditional too. I know what you mean by traditional...It's probably why I have been single for so long *sigh*
japaneseobesession
after listening to my complaints, one of my friends concluded that my life should be made into a soap opera.

..and I'm the girl stuck in the middle of everything ><
kokoro_shadow_angel
lols, i'm very traditional...

but every time a guy shows any sign of interest in me, i back away....idk why...i guess i'll be the "little kid" in my group of friends forever...

plus...i know this is kinda stupid, but before i left asia and came to america, i had this one friend...i did kinda like him but of course i never told him that and denied it when he asked me...the funny thing is, even before we met, all our friends were telling the two of us we'd be perfect for each other...i believed it all along, but he only realized it was true once i left for america...(perfect match: anime geek, witchcraft geek, both perky, both talkative...we got almost everything in common)

and now, he says he's relocating to america too...i'm not sure which state, but he said his parents are seriously trying to move to arizona (state where i live)...he and i are seriously hoping we move close to each other...and i honestly WANT to see him again...

i know its a wild hope...america IS a big country after all...but if we get lucky...but its pretty foolish of me to be banking so much hope on something so...unlikely to happen...but oh well
staystill
wow, that sucks and its awesome.
kokoro shadow angel, i hope he does come live right by you. and good luck with that

well, i do like this one girl, but idk if she likes me, or has a crush and im afraid to ask sad.gif im a little shy.
well, im getting close but my friend is getting anoying by flirting with her and he already has a gf! mad.gif
but ill give it my all wink.gif

continued to be............................................................. tongue.gif
tigerscar
Is it wrong for me to love one of my friends? Oh, and I do not have a girlfriend, i am looking for one.
staystill
well, idk.

but i think it would be ok since your a guy and shes an girl so i guess its ok.
people help in on this cause i need some ideas on this and im doing the same thing, sortof
Kyros
got one now, I hope it works out ^^
Le Monkey
To all who have BF/GF: hope all goes well and it lasts for aslong as you wish it to, ^^
To all those who dont: Welcome to my world! And its ok here, you get WAY more games played here!!
Chiyo
QUOTE(Kyros @ Dec 8 2005, 07:38 AM) [snapback]326104[/snapback]

got one now, I hope it works out ^^

I hope so for you wink.gif
kokoro_shadow_angel
i finally figured out why i'm so picky: i keep comparing the guys here in america to the guys back in asia >< (*note: i came from asia, moved to america just this summer)

i guess even after six months i'm still homesick (though not as bad as before...i was crying the first three months)...

any ideas to help me get out of this phase?

i ain't never gonna get anybody this way dry.gif
Chiyo
Hmm, that is difficult, but maybe you need to get completly (or a little bit less) homesick before you worry about the opposite sex.

Otherwise, there has to be some Asian guys in the US, there are loads at my Uni and I can see why you'd pick them tongue.gif
Le Monkey
I would aggre with Chiyo, get over homesickness before thinking of guys! And yes, Im shure there aregoing to be asian guys in the us around you somewhere!!
So bacibcally cheer up and dont worry, there will be plenty of time to do your dating so there is no reason to rush at it, ^^
japaneseobesession
I don't get why everyone's looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend

they tend to get overprotective and it gets somewhat annoying
darkalcumist
QUOTE(Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0 @ Aug 19 2004, 05:55 AM) [snapback]7687[/snapback]

hi this is my poll well i chose im still looking because i broke up with my Bf

Well if your looking for some one you can come to me i'm cool just need some one but anyways can you show me how to work this i dont now how to do enythinmg here cool.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

QUOTE(darkalcumist @ Dec 9 2005, 01:07 PM) [snapback]326818[/snapback]

QUOTE(Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0 @ Aug 19 2004, 05:55 AM) [snapback]7687[/snapback]

hi this is my poll well i chose im still looking because i broke up with my Bf

Well if your looking for some one you can come to me i'm cool just need some one but anyways can you show me how to work this i dont now how to do enythinmg here cool.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

i hope every one finds love i need a gf enyone want a boy friend

this is for the girl not other stay away
darkalcumist
QUOTE(japaneseobesession @ Dec 9 2005, 12:37 PM) [snapback]326758[/snapback]

Well if i am i have o find some one becuase i dont want to feel so loling sad.gif unsure.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(darkalcumist @ Dec 12 2005, 03:12 PM) [snapback]328534[/snapback]

Well if i am i have o find some one becuase i dont want to feel so loling sad.gif unsure.gif

Nobody wants to date a retard. Shut up.
heavensangel
i have one we just started dating not to long ago
darkalcumist
QUOTE(Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0 @ Aug 19 2004, 08:17 AM) [snapback]7712[/snapback]

i'm a boy i like girls i live in ga and i'm looking for some one what no bacon ceeps looking at me and i just dont get her

QUOTE(pwx @ Aug 19 2004, 11:06 AM) [snapback]7821[/snapback]

Well I've been in relationships, but they've been online. (In my eyes that counts for at least something) In real life I've never had a relationship. Partially due to my social anxiety and shyness. Partially also due to the fact that it's hard telling who's single a lot of the time (Seems like every girl I get interested in, I find out they're not single just as I'm about to ask them on some kind of date)

So currently I'm single. Keeping an eye out for someone I'm interested in, but nothing currently. sad.gif

i am still looking and if what no bacon does not keep bothering me if she likes me thats all she haves to say!!! i meen theirs no shame biggrin.gif tongue.gif cool.gif

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 12 2005, 01:13 PM) [snapback]328535[/snapback]

QUOTE(darkalcumist @ Dec 12 2005, 03:12 PM) [snapback]328534[/snapback]

Nobody wants to date a retard. Shut up.

you do tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif
Kyros
bacon's a guy, you're an idiot who doesn't know how to talk to girls, shut up >.>
mei_tenshi
Sorry to ruin your fantasy, darkalcumist, but Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0 posted that over a year ago. She might not like Trunks anymore. And, um...bacon is male.

-edit-
Dangit, Kyros got there before I did!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.