Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many Concerts Have You Gone To?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2
JudasPriest1
Me none all the concerts that I wanted to go to either weren't in Texas some where near hear or I couldn't afford it. But my dad has gone to 6 Judas Priest concerts not mention all the other concerts he's gone to.IT'S NOT FAIR MAN TOTALLY UNCOOL!!!!I WANNA GO TO ONE!!!GRRRRR!!!!X{ mad.gif sad.gif dry.gif
Quistis88
I've been in more concerts than I've been to them, really. I've lost count of the ones I've been in (if those ones count as the ones I go to, since I still have to show up for them), and I think I have only gone to two actual concerts with vocalists (Priscilla Chan and Josh Groban), and one instrumental concert for a music festival.
Carnal Malefactor
A lot. At least 100. But I've never been to an outdoor concert... probably because there aren't any good ones in North America.
JudasPriest1
Well we've got the Backyard so we have some pretty good places to go to. Not to mention the Lazona Rosa which I can't remember if theyr'e out doors or not but it's fun there and my parents saw Dio there.
Zarpia
I've just been in one, it was a 3 doors down concert, the funny thing was that they have just 1 tickect to spare and they did find anyone (of the're friends) to go whit them so i guess i fot lucky coz i really like 3 doors down.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I've been to so many I've lost count. The last one I went too was The Pillows. Awesome show!
Electrastar
A big fat 0. But come November, that's all going to change because I'm going to see U2 in concert in Montreal. I can't wait biggrin.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 4 2005, 06:29 PM)
I've been to so many I've lost count. The last one I went too was The Pillows. Awesome show!
[snapback]166539[/snapback]

luuucky. XP if i could have gone, i would have gone. (SF! only an hour away!) my parents have this rule where i'm not allowed to go to any concerts before i go to college, so i haven't gone to any. my friends are going to the Maroon 5 concert here tomorrow, so i'm having them bring back a t-shirt for me like they did at last year's Maroon 5 concert. IPB Image
Prinz_Zoisit
in my life-time i went to:
1. Carmina Burana(1x)
2. some symphony from Mendelssohn(1x)
3. Christmas Oratorium(3x)
4. Johannes Passion(2x)
Quistis88
Prinz's list sounds interesting. biggrin.gif And it reminds me of the concert I went to that I missed naming, which was Handel's Messiah last December.
edsgirl
I've probably been to over 60-70 concerts. Some of them are kinda fuzzy, because I had a little too much beer at them. Most of the ones I go to are outdoor, which is good for summer concerts. Lots of hot sweaty guys enjoying ....... Whoops got off track a little!
infatuation_junkie
Been 'in' more then I can count, but I think I'm ranging an average of two a week. I've been 'to' ... maybe 6ish... Not sure. I like preforming more then going.. Unless it's a mosh, then I crowd dive. Thats always fun.
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 5 2005, 03:40 PM)
Prinz's list sounds interesting.  biggrin.gif  And it reminds me of the concert I went to that I missed naming, which was Handel's Messiah last December.
[snapback]166824[/snapback]

aaaaah, Quis...... i forgot to mention the "Messias" from Händel.... i also heard it twice i think and in German translation^^;;

-> weeeeeeee.. Händel is GERMAN!!!!!^^
budessa
Just three:
-Metallica
-Blondie
-Linkin Park (I don't care for Linkin Park, I just went to provide company for my cousin).
love_me_destroyer
None, sadly. I was going to see Bad Religion when they played at Nisan Pavillion, But I was amazingly ill that day.
WhiteMike
I havent been to very many. I went to an aerosmith concert a couple years ago, warped tour (hated it), leftover crack when they played in detroit, and im going to the queen reunion concert soon.
Carnal Malefactor
How can they dare call it a Queen reunion concert when Freddie's been dead for 15 years?
WhiteMike
i totally agree, heres the scoop though: http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=82116
flame_alchemist_grl
Hate to admit it,but I've been to a Backstreet Boys/Mandy Moore concert. (I was 7! I didn't know better!),an O-Town concert (Oh yuck!),a Tobymac/Kirk Franklin concert ( christian people it was good!),Drowning Jonah concert ( yet again christian people they rock!),and I am going to the "Noise to the World" concert with Simple Plan,Good Charlotte,and Relient K on Wednesday in Ohio! Yah! happy.gif
GreedEnvyWrath
I've been to 5,SLAYER,Judas Priest,HALFORD,ICED EARTH,and a BLS (Black Label Society.
Haroken
Best concerts were Metallica's Madly in ANger tour and Van Halens last tour which kicked mucho ass.
anime_manga_fan
I wanted to go to L'Arc~en~Ciel's one when they were in the states. To far of a drive for me.

I went to two.

If you count 'Barney', thats one. And I went to a 'Abba' one when I was nine! happy.gif

Billy Talent came to my town too. I should have gone... T_T
WhiteMike
oh ya, i went to seseame street live when i was 4. good times
JudasPriest1
Ya'll totally friggin suck!Especialy you Mr. 5 totally freakin awsome concerts that I want to go to! Man ya'll are all fired.I hav'ta stay at home and take care of the little abandoned kittens!Ya'll's is fired!Every last one of you.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ May 16 2005, 01:28 AM)
Ya'll totally friggin suck!Especialy you Mr. 5 totally freakin awsome concerts that I want to go to! Man ya'll are all fired.I hav'ta stay at home and take care of the little abandoned kittens!Ya'll's is fired!Every last one of you.
[snapback]173160[/snapback]

Heh. you do not want to see a list of bands I've seen live. You'll want to stab me in the face in a jealous rage. tongue.gif
JudasPriest1
I would have to agree with you except one little detail. I would come up with a much more creative way to hurt you.I have an evil and dark mind.
silver bg
sadly none
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ May 16 2005, 11:08 PM)
I would have to agree with you except one little detail. I would come up with a much more creative way to hurt you.I have an evil and dark mind.
[snapback]173641[/snapback]

Pfft... you're an amateur.
JudasPriest1
I don't care if I'm an ametuer I'm to busy taking out my anger on my fellow classmates. I have to make their lives a living hell. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!I need to meditate.Enough meditation (which was none) Where's my friend Rob I have to punch a couple of times so I can meditate. dry.gif
Carnal Malefactor
let's see...

I've seen:

Aborted
Amorphis
AngelCorpse
Arch Enemy [2x]
Behemoth
Biolich
Blind Guardian
Cannibal Corpse [so many times I've lost count... and I don't even like them]
Cephalic Carnage [2x]
The Crown
Cryptopsy [2x]
Dark Funeral
Dark Tranquillity
Demilich
Dismember
The Dying Light
Exhumed [2 or 3 times]
Fantomas
Ghoul
Gorguts
Hypocrisy
Iced Earth
Immolation
Immortal [2x]
Impaled
Incantation
In Flames [2x]
Intronaut
Iron Maiden
Kataklysm [I think about 3 times]
Khanate
Krisiun [2 or 3 times]
Leng Tch'e
Manowar
Mastodon [3x]
Melt-Banana [2x]
Morbid Angel [4x]
Motörhead [2x]
Mouth of the Architect
Nevermore [2x]
Nile [3x]
Opeth [5x]
Origin [3x]
Pessimist [2x]
Pig Destroyer [2x]
Porcupine Tree [once, and I'm missing them tonight... what a bummer]
Samael
Satyricon [2x]
Sigh
Slayer [2x]
Slough-Feg
Sonicscape [if we're counting basement rehearsals of friends' bands]
Strapping Young Lad [3x]
Suffocation [2x]
Television
Vader [3x]
Warhorse
Watchmaker [3x]
Zyklon

And this is not counting the various bands I've seen at fests and package tours that I didn't bother watching, or couldn't give a rat's ass about. There has to be at least a hundred of those.
JudasPriest1
Actually Iron Maiden is the only one I really care about.Thanks that makes me feel alot better.And you put them in alphebetical order I don't take the time to do that.Hey If orchesrta concerts count I've been in alot of those because I'm a kick ass cellist.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ May 23 2005, 11:50 PM)
Actually Iron Maiden is the only one I really care about.
[snapback]178226[/snapback]

That just shows your ignorance.
JudasPriest1
Ya know I really don't care right now because I'm goin to schlitterbahn(how the hell do you spell that)tomorow. And this is really off topic but I just noticed that I'm an apprintace but who's apprintance am I?
MetalEncryptions
I've only seen three concerts. The Maroon 5/John Mayer one, Green Day one, and Breaking Benjamin.
ScaR
I've been to 7 conserts...

Backstreet Boys -2 times(shut up... my sister forced me...)
Eric Gadd -swedish soul singer from sweden for thoso who don't know(at lest i think he is from sweden)
Markoolio -swedish rapper... he is more of a kid idol than adult...
Nightwish -finnish power-metal
Within temoptation -dutch kinda-metal(ask kase if you wanna know more about the band)
Apocalyptica -finnish metal band who plays with cello
anime_manga_fan
Two

Barney and Friends (Sad, I know)
Abba

Thats about it... I missed the L'Arc~en~Ciel one...

They need to come to Canada... biggrin.gif
NightMistress
Immature - 2 shows
Backstreet Boys - 5 shows (don't worry, I've long seen the light since then)
Earth Wind and Fire - (dad made me, but I ended up liking it and it helps that they play their own instruments)
Prince Musicology - Kick-ass show. He was here 3 nights and I wish I went to all 3. sad.gif

So all in all that's about 9 shows.
definingmind
Hrmm, the most recent concert I was lucky enough to go to was Dear Friends, Music from Final Fantasy.
The price was a bit steep (Thirty-two dollars for upper balacony seats?! blink.gif), but it was well worth it. biggrin.gif

Edit- As for the number of concerts I've been to, that would be about two three. Very rarley do I go to concerts as there's hardly any around here worth seeing. XD
Quistis88
QUOTE(definingmind @ Jun 7 2005, 04:02 PM)
Hrmm, the most recent concert I was lucky enough to go to was Dear Friends, Music from Final Fantasy.
The price was a bit steep (Thirty-two dollars for upper balacony seats?! blink.gif), but it was well worth it. biggrin.gif

YOU WERE THERE!?

I would have been willing to fly over there and pay a tiny fortune, if required. I would've done anything to go. Well, almost anything. biggrin.gif
definingmind
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jun 7 2005, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE(definingmind @ Jun 7 2005, 04:02 PM)

YOU WERE THERE!?

I would have been willing to fly over there and pay a tiny fortune, if required. I would've done anything to go. Well, almost anything. biggrin.gif
[snapback]187004[/snapback]

Yup, Aya and I drove down to Hartford, CT just to go see it. It was phenomenal and ever piece was very well chosen. The tempo was a bit fast when they preformed One Winged Angel, but it was still amazing. I should've let you know beforehand Quis so that you could've gone with us.
Quistis88
Haha, thanks anyway. Here's hoping Nobuo Uematsu will choose to have a concert in Canada some time. I also hear that the Black Mages might be touring North America.
Bling_bling_Angel
sleep.gif

*sigh*

As for me, I've never been to any concerts/recitals...

Wait, does performing count? biggrin.gif??? LOLZ!
definingmind
@Quis: Yeah! At the concert they mentioned something about trying to get the Black Mages over here! Hopefully they'll go through with it.

@Bling: heehee! You're too cute hon! *kiss* Umm, I think it would, since you have to be there in order to perform.
Maes-Hughes
havent gone to any concerts
1: parents wont let me
2: none in the immediate area
3: no good bands

schlitterbahn

have fun ive been there once and it was the best waterpark ever tongue.gif
JudasPriest1
Which one did you go to South Padre or New Braunfels? Cause New Braunfels has the Master Blaster.
ScarMySoul
I went to two

Good Charlotte on Civic Tour back in 2003
Ozzfest 2003
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jul 19 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]423213[/snapback]

I went to two

Ozzfest 2003

And you're 21!? blink.gif
Geez, what do you do for fun? laugh.gif
Toby-Chan
Four. The last one was Spoon, a year ago. The most enjoyable of all of them, imo. If only the other attendees weren't such squares.

I haven't really been into any bands lately, so concerts don't interest me too much.

(I'm not sure if informal bluegrass concerts and whatnot count, since my mom has dragged me to quite a few of those. And her concerts; she's a childrens' musician and has a duo with a friend. I've seen more of her concerts than I could hope to count.)
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Void @ Jul 18 2006, 09:47 PM) [snapback]423218[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jul 19 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]423213[/snapback]

I went to two

Ozzfest 2003

And you're 21!? blink.gif
Geez, what do you do for fun? laugh.gif

When I was in High School I was going to go see Rammstein at the Staples Center in Cali, but my mother said no because she saw a video on tv for them and didn't like what she saw. sleep.gif

when I was living by myself for a few years in NH I couldn't afford to go to concerts. The poor collage student was no joke lol. Now I just don't have time. Now that I'm married I can't just rush out and spend money on concert tickets.
asunder

2002 Yoko Ishida (Otakon)
2003 Blackalicious & Pharcyde (they played at my school)
2003 TMRevolution (Otakon)
2003 Radiohead (wow...the live version of creep is amazing)
2003-2005 several OKGO concerts (nice small venues ohmy.gif)
2004 HFStival (got to see some great bands...learned that modest mouse sucks in concert...and seeing white people mosh to jay-z is hilarious)
2004 Guster (they played at my school)
2004 REM (It was right before election day)
2004 Jay-Z and friends (remember when all the sh*t happened between Jay-Z and R.Kelly...instead of R.Kelly I got to see a lot more artists biggrin.gif)
2005 Coldplay (It was hilarious seeing 40 year old virgin the week before biggrin.gif)

no time for concerts in the near future however sad.gif

i still need to see U2 in concert....even if I didn't like their last album.

There should be a bit more ....but i can't remember at the moment x_o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.