Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teachers, Do You Like Yours?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
<Edited to add "Do you like yours?" to the thread title to better describe the content of the poll. 03/18/07 ~Tombow>

hi THIs is my poll to See if u liked your teachers well i voting no beacuse they always pick on me when im not looking
Prinz_Zoisit
wow, FullAlchemistPro, your polls are soo interesting, good questions you're asking us^^

uhm... me, i liked some of my teachers(in high school), especially the older ones that already look like they are bright and got many experience... like my latin teacher... he knows sooo much about life..... and he explained us soo many things about life...

i like teachers who don't only teach the things they are ought to teach, like math, history, etc, but who also tell the pupils about philosophical things or things about life........... laugh.gif laugh.gif

uh... i still talk about my former teachers if i'm together with friends.... there are soooo many questions that we would ask them if they were there........... laugh.gif laugh.gif
RolfKaese
repaired the poll, it works now properly :>
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
THX tongue.gif *kiss*

QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Aug 19 2004, 03:02 PM)
wow, FullAlchemistPro, your polls are soo interesting, good questions you're asking us^^

uhm... me, i liked some of my teachers(in high school), especially the older ones that already look like they are bright and got many experience... like my latin teacher... he knows sooo much about life..... and he explained us soo many things about life...

i like teachers who don't only teach the things they are ought to teach, like math, history, etc, but who also tell the pupils about philosophical things or things about life........... laugh.gif  laugh.gif

uh... i still talk about my former teachers if i'm together with friends.... there are soooo many questions that we would ask them if they were there........... laugh.gif  laugh.gif

THX tongue.gif anyways i have to know!!!
Chibi Viki
there should be an "it depends" category... there are some professors that I like, and then there are just some who are just PURE EVIL... this applies for both in college and high school.
RolfKaese
same here. but a point at where it gets difficult is, when the teacher is bad as a teacher, but great as a human ^^ my physique teacher is that kind of person... her lessons are extremely hard, i barely understand something... but as a human, she is very nice... as a teacher, i'd like to chop off her head, as a human i get along great with her.. i WOULD get along with her, but killing intentions are greater... =_=
MJHermi
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 19 2004, 04:57 PM)
same here. but a point at where it gets difficult is, when the teacher is bad as a teacher, but great as a human ^^ my physique teacher is that kind of person... her lessons are extremely hard, i barely understand something... but as a human, she is very nice... as a teacher, i'd like to chop off her head, as a human i get along great with her.. i WOULD get along with her, but killing intentions are greater... =_=

That reminds me of our first music teacher back in high school. She's a complete horror in class, but she's really kind and fun to talk to when we meet out of school grounds.

I can still remember her less than desirable English:
(Said in the middle of class) "You, you, and you! Both of you! I want to see you after class! Right now!"

laugh.gif
Chibi Viki
LOL!!!

Yeah, I remember her, MJHermi... geez, I could still remember her famous line, "I'll see you later RIGHT NOW!!!"

gahahaha! just cracks me up!
RolfKaese
loool !! extreme o.O
Chibi Viki
and that other disturbing professor we had on our computer subject... our whole batch hated him because he's such a ... psycho! the typical abusive professor with matching unpredictable tantrums and mood swings.

even other professors hated him.

one time, a physics professor got pissed because the computer teacher always delayed his classes (and not just by a few minutes). so,in retaliation, the physics prof, one day, decided to get back at him and delayed his class for almost an hour (and they weren't doing anything)! WAY TO GO, SIR!
pwx
Yeah I'd have to say it depends.

I mean everyone has good, bad, and okay teachers. I liked most of the teachers though. I only hated a select few who were crappy as teachers and weren't that great as people either.
wolfi1412
some teachers are really annoying and some are fun.. my grade 5 teacher was cool.. she rocks!! and my last year's teacher was fun too!! hope I'm not getting the 'emotionless' teacher next year
Thievesvinegar
Teachers should be screened on how humane they are before they are offered the job, and then screened periodically for every three years.

Yea, i've been burned too.
rsF
We had a teacher who would put all the good looking girls in front and ther others in back. He set up his sign-out sheet so that when a girl would bend over to sign it, he could look in her shirt. Etc...

Quite funny, because we also saw him watching some very questionable things on the computer...
Prinz_Zoisit
hehe............ we had a sports teacher in 1st year high school, who got a fetish for young boys feet....... he was suspended one year after i think.......

he always let us make sports in the sports hall with bare feet(no shoes/socks.... blink.gif

i didn't know first......
tainted_roses
hmmm,id go for 'it depends'(unfortunately its not there). some of my teachers are nice, some of them are just ok and some of them are just plain E-V-I-L dry.gif

most of my teachers are ok so far in high school,i only had 1 'evil' teacher...but that's just my opinion,maybe some people think that those nice teachers for me are evil for them. well,who knows laugh.gif
Vixx Elric
I don't like all my teachers. I remember especially one, from Science. Oh, I just hate her, really, and she also hated me. One day she punished me after classes, cleaning the Science laboratory with another guy because we didn't pay attention with some boring science video. That's the same hate maybe to the Spanish Literature teacher that gave me last year, but she approved me with nice notes.

Another who I hate is the Sports teacher. OMFG, she's a b..ch. But if you meet her in other place that isn't school, she can be kind and sweet with you. One word: hypocrite.

Also the guys of the front class had a perver teaching Religion <-- blink.gif and Spanish Literature. He didn't gave me any classes, but a friend told me that if you were a pretty girl, and with nice body, he approved you, and with nice notes.
Thievesvinegar
On the subject about perverted teachers...It's a male chemistry teaacher that i had who was very into guys, especially if they were in sports, preferebly in volleyball. He would be very encouraging and touchy, pats on the back, assign seats closer to him, the onl;y that would get praise, etc. Take my word for it, i thought it was a rumor but i saw for myself. See, this is what i mean by needing to be screened.
filimonovna
Hopefully I graduated fro school and now ca say that I don't care. But I mostly liked my teachers - they were really cool ppl. Best of all i loved my history teacher - this woman was some kind of a hurricane!
MJHermi
Putting aside Viki's and my music and computer professors aside, I do have three teachers that I really loved.

The first one is our religion teacher in 1st year HS (yes, Viki and I attended Catholic schools for our entire lives), who was also our advisor. We were her first advisory class, and I doubt our dear prof would like to remember that period. The poor woman cried everytime we had our homeroom because other teachers were always mad at us and told her so! laugh.gif But she ended up as our really good friend when that was over. On some days after we (and ultimately, she) had survived our freshman year, we took her out bowling, and even dragged her (in her heels!!) around our friend's farm for a couple of hours. laugh.gif

The next teacher I had grown to love was yet another religion teacher, this time when I was in 2nd year. He was just so incredibly cute, girls in school were swooning over him (too bad he's already married)! Not only was he so good-looking, he's also the kindest teacher around. And he managed to keep religion class interesting! Can you believe? smile.gif

The last teacher I had really liked in high school had been much like filimonovna's - he was my 4th year history teacher. His exams were absolute killers, but he knows how to teach world history and keep our attention at the same time! His motto is "Learning should be fun", and he often shows this by occasionally standing up on the teacher's desk when he feels like it, making fun out of prominent figures in history, and holding class gatherings and such. He did more for my class than my 4th year advisor ever did (that woman, btw, I really hated)!
Chibi Viki
yeah, mjhermi... your adviser is the teacher i hated the most... she's as plastic as the artificial flowers that she dearly loves. she acts so sweet and gentle, but it's all just for show. i hate her... i really do... too bad she's also the best friend of our favorite professor, our adviser during freshman, yeesh...
MJHermi
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 20 2004, 04:28 PM)
yeah, mjhermi... your adviser is the teacher i hated the most... she's as plastic as the artificial flowers that she dearly loves.

LOL!! laugh.gif

I just LOVED your description of that horrid advisor of mine!!

She doesn't deserve to teach religion. dry.gif
Omakase Shimasu
"It depends". Some were cool, some were not, some could choke on their french fries and others were saints. I don't really have a memorable teacher to talk about... ^__^;; I'm just glad my school days are finally over.
Quistis88
There really wasn't a teacher I didn't like. I always got labelled as the Teacher's Pet (among my friends anyway). biggrin.gif I have decent/deep conversations with some of my English teachers, and contrary to popular belief, teachers are people, too! It doesn't hurt to chat with them at all. But then again, people might think you're weird, because some of my friends think I'm weird . . . anyway . . .

I think it's good that I have good relations with my teachers, considering there is a chance I might become one myself.
Omakase Shimasu
I agree. These people are only trying to do their jobs to the best of their ability... Well, some of them. Or it's just too friggin' hard to see. Let's just say some handle it better than others. biggrin.gif

Quistis88 you're really going to be a teacher? That's great! I wanted to become a teacher myself when I was younger. But than it turned out I was horrible at school (studying). And being horrible at that doesn't really pin me down as teacher material. -____-;;
Quistis88
Omakase, I'm sure you'll be a fine teacher as long as you set your mind to it. smile.gif I'm usually quite shy and quiet, so I'm not exactly teacher material either. What are your aspirations now? What did you used to want to teach?

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a doctor (I still do, but my math skills are not exactly up to par), but now that I think about it, doctors probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for teachers! Come to think of it, most professions would not have workers if teachers did not exist.
pwx
Teacher is one of my career options I'm thinking about right now (being in college) Not sure if I'll go that path or not. Probably will unless more interesting job ideas come along (
The_Lazy_Alchemist
I haven't had the chance to experience high school teachers or college professors yet, seeing as how I'm only beginning eight grade in a few weeks. But I suppose the staff wouldn't differ too much. Some of my teachers were either arrogant or egotistical. Some were alright. Some were interesting to have afterschool conversations with. And some I have yet to know and will found out about them in a few weeks. tongue.gif sad.gif

I remember my old science teacher always going on about his life. But it made things interesting. His stories actually caused the students to remember certain terms and dates and regular information. His stories were hilarious as well which made it my favorite class. laugh.gif tongue.gif
odoridan
I voted null because I find that you hate teachers less and less as you progress through the education system.

I hated almost all of my grade school and high school teachers. I loathed and despised my grade school teachers. (There is a special black spot in my heart that holds pure hate for some of my grade school teachers.) But when you get to university, things change a lot. There are a few dick professors out there but most are really nice if you go talk to them at their office.

I held a job as a teaching assistant at my university a few times and I had to go up in front of a class of 30-40 people and teach material. And let me say that teaching is f*cking hard ph34r.gif. Controlling and leading a class is hard man. Trying to not be a dick like all your past teachers is also hard. Being nice to the students was my #1 goal but they just take advantage of your niceness if you do.

The teacher's life is a tough one but the dick teachers just take the easy way out. I refuse to lower myself to their level!

But, hey, just remember this: stay in school and study hard and you too can be a teaching assistant at a university and get paid a ridiculous 20$US an hour. ph34r.gif Why the high pay rate? Because no one wants to do it and my university has (or rather had) a shortage of teaching assistants.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Aug 20 2004, 09:41 PM)
Omakase, I'm sure you'll be a fine teacher as long as you set your mind to it.  smile.gif  I'm usually quite shy and quiet, so I'm not exactly teacher material either.  What are your aspirations now?  What did you used to want to teach?

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a doctor (I still do, but my math skills are not exactly up to par), but now that I think about it, doctors probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for teachers!  Come to think of it, most professions would not have workers if teachers did not exist.

My aspirations right now? Hmmm, good question... Well, I don't have a particular goal in mind (now). XD I just want my money, no matter the job. ^__^;; Though I think I'm going to regret that real soon. Only money and a job I don't like doesn't really strike me as super...

I wanted to teach English, since I was rather good at it... ^__^ Yeah, English was always fun! But than you realize teaching isn't always fun. And than you see the big picture. Kids suck. But Money Rulez. tongue.gif Just kidding.

No, after I got over the teacher-thing, I wanted to become a writer. Some part of me still does, actually...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 21 2004, 06:43 AM)
I wanted to teach English, since I was rather good at it... ^__^ Yeah, English was always fun! But than you realize teaching isn't always fun. And than you see the big picture. Kids suck. But Money Rulez.  tongue.gif Just kidding.

No, after I got over the teacher-thing, I wanted to become a writer. Some part of me still does, actually...

I want to teach English as well, and am planning to write as a hobby. biggrin.gif Wow, we have so much in common! I'm sure you can have writing as a side-job or something. Maybe using the spare time within 10 years, you'll have put together a novel.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Aug 22 2004, 06:09 AM)
I want to teach English as well, and am planning to write as a hobby.  biggrin.gif  Wow, we have so much in common!  I'm sure you can have writing as a side-job or something.  Maybe using the spare time within 10 years, you'll have put together a novel.

Now that's something I'm looking forward to! And you're right we do have a lot in common, don't we fellow FFVIII-lover? biggrin.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
if i would be a teacher, i would teach musics and philosophy.....^^
Chibi Viki
being a teacher is a great profession... (imagine those students that you could torture... hehehe)

but then, thanks to MJHermi's adviser, Ms.FakeFlowers (not real name), i was traumatized for life with teaching... we had this cathechist thingy (volunteer religion teaching in public schools) under her... but, uuuu~gh... never again, I say. NEVER AGAIN!!! >.<
Prinz_Zoisit
but.... i saw some teachers from my old elementary school as they went home..... and they were realyy sad-looking.... sad.gif

sometimes, to be a teacher can be hard, to always teach the same things, year to year...............................
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
yup and my yr6 teacher he was really tall like 7ft was leaving and he said he was teaching y2 in his new school
Quistis88
I think the best method to make teaching less repetitive would be to do something unique with the class every year (field trip?), or maybe the rememble of a few inside jokes that will be understood by only the students of a particular class. That would make the memories of each year a little different, at any rate.
Thievesvinegar
Teaching? I'd like to be a survival teacher, you know the ones in alaska or some jungle teaching people how to survive. Hah, and of course have some fun at it. tongue.gif
MJHermi
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 22 2004, 05:39 PM)
but then, thanks to MJHermi's adviser, Ms.FakeFlowers (not real name), i was traumatized for life with teaching... we had this cathechist thingy (volunteer religion teaching in public schools) under her... but, uuuu~gh... never again, I say. NEVER AGAIN!!! >.<

"Ms. FakeFlowers".... LOL! laugh.gif

Sometimes I wonder why I even joined cathecism knowing that she's the moderator for that one...

The bad part is that I was teaching a 6th grade class, and, being someone who had studied a year early and is actually quite young for my class, some of my students were older than I am!!

So... none of them were listening to me. Which made my life hell.

Although I do enjoy teaching now (at least I teach them a topic that I like, which is drawing... wink.gif ) - at least I know that I'm now much older than them, as the students I teach range between pre-school and grade 3. And I have help. biggrin.gif
Chibi Viki
public speaking isn't really my thing... i tend to stutter and panic infront of an audience. sleep.gif;;
rsF
If I would teach, I would teach how to be cool.
MJHermi
public speaking isn't really my thing... i tend to stutter and panic infront of an audience. ;;

I had to learn to get used to public speaking. Back in college, we always had to defend our projects and such in front of a panel, that by the time thesis came along, I've somewhat learned to speak without stuttering. Much. laugh.gif

Hehe... what you said remind me of this special "investigation" from Tech TV's Xplay that Viki had shown me once - "What do cool people do?" That one was hilarious! biggrin.gif
ScaR
wouldn't be so bad being a teacher but in that case i would teach kids.... (1-5th grade or something like that....)

Altough it is bad paid to be a teacher(atleast in sweden it is.... what i have heared)
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(rsF @ Aug 31 2004, 02:36 PM)

Nice.
Le Monkey
wow, look how long ago this post is from, WOW rolleyes.gif
Life to the Dead
WOW, this thread has been dead for awhile...
most of my teachers are nice, except for my french teacher, who i despise
mei_tenshi
I got lucky this year. I only have four different teachers, but all of them are the good ones. As in, they're not so absorbed in the class structure that it leaves no room for life lessons. And they're not so self-absorbed that they preach to us on their own religion, political views, and stories on how their life sucks. (I had an English teacher like that--she taught us not to ask her to write our letters of recommendation. A good lesson, I think.)
Quistis88
This semester, I got a prof who marks really hard, a prof that thinks I'm witty, some other guy (I haven't seen him teach yet; his class was cancelled today, and it was supposed to be the first class), and one more that I will not meet until Saturday.

University sucks.
Life to the Dead
what university do you go to?
GuestHole
All my current professors speak with different accents and now I don't know how I'm supposed to pronounce certain words. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.