Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Quirks
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I'm not sure how original this poll is, so I'll go ahead and appologize if I'm reposting an old poll. any ways, I think alot of the FMA characters are hilarious, many of them I couldn't even fit in the poll. Though I personnaly find Ed and Hughes to be the funniest, all of them are amusing in their own unique. Who's got the funniest/ wierdest character flaw in your opinion? Why? heart.gif
Defade
I think nearly all of them..but still...the reactions of Ed are still funnier
MSqre
I think all of them are sooo goood, but after marking out one by one, I have been left with Hudges and Armstrong...*image of muscles pops". Hmmm.. I vote for Armstrong!

Winry and Ed are funny too... *sigh*...
SweetJanie
*huggles wrenches* Who do you think I voted for? laugh.gif GO GIRL POWER!! *high five's Winry*
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I voted for Armstrong but I think they are all funny. Of course then there's Envy's love of sucker stabbing people that's pretty funny............but maybe that's just me. laugh.gif
Chagan
Most of those are funny, but definitely Armstrong. His first scene in the manga is hilarious.

Armstrong: "Destroy and Create! For this is the law of the Universe!"
Havoc: "Why did he take his shirt off?"

You forgot to add the whole "technique passed down through generations" thing biggrin.gif
DonnaDelDrago
I love Winry's wrench! biggrin.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Yeah, there all so histerical!! Thanks Changan, your right! I should have included the "passed down through the generations" thing as one of Armstrong major quirks. lol It's always so funny when Armstrong just rips his shirt of and starts showing off some muscle! lol His intro in the manga was really funny-the look on the other characters faces was so so hilarious. lol I also love Ed's reaction to him in the manga when Armstrong starts hugging him on the train ( on the way to get Ed's arm replaced when busted by Scar the 1st time.) lol That was great... not to mention the little pink stars. lol laugh.gif I should have included Envy instead of gluttony in the poll. Envy's sucker stabbing addiction is worth mentioning. lol All the FMA characters are so great!! I think Barry becomes extreamly funny later on in the manga, when he developes a crush on Riza. That was really great. lol biggrin.gif The look on Roy's face was priceless...
Kyo_Umerio
i'm going with Gluttony, i just love whenever he seems something dead he asks lust if he can eat it happy.gif
Yukina_Raven
As much as I love Ed's reactions... Hughes, certainly. If only because of the guy I saw cosplaying as him who acutally attacked people with a picture of Elysia. laugh.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ May 4 2005, 07:27 PM)
As much as I love Ed's reactions... Hughes, certainly. If only because of the guy I saw cosplaying as him who acutally attacked people with a picture of Elysia. laugh.gif
[snapback]166423[/snapback]

OMG really?!? Thats awesome!! LOL Cosplaying is so funny! It brings out the wild side of people. wink.gif Hughes is great. I'm glad some one voted 4 him. LOL laugh.gif
Zarpia
my fav is Hughes, i love the way he talks about his daughter, and is also really funny.
Electrastar
I'd have to say Armstrong. His bid never gets old. Edward can sometimes get a little annoying and besides, he almost doesn't react anymore towards the end of the anime because people just stopped calling him short since it's the most serious part of the series. But even in the later parts of the anime, Armstrong still flashes his muscles, same and of course, it's hilarious in the manga. Remember when he goes to visit Ed in the hospital and he ends up making his condition worse because he hugged him too hard biggrin.gif That was funny as well
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Electrastar @ May 4 2005, 10:59 PM)
I'd have to say Armstrong. His bid never gets old. Edward can sometimes get a little annoying and besides, he almost doesn't react anymore towards the end of the anime because people just stopped calling him short since it's the most serious part of the series. But even in the later parts of the anime, Armstrong still flashes his muscles, same and of course, it's hilarious in the manga. Remember when he goes to visit Ed in the hospital and he ends up making his condition worse because he hugged him too hard biggrin.gif That was funny as well
[snapback]166598[/snapback]

Yeah that was great! He nearly killed Ed! laugh.gif I almost forgot about that part!! LOL I need to read the mange a 2nd time, just to refresh my memory. Good point about Armstrong. He does remain hilarious all through the series, even when the other characters sober up. He's just so wierd...! I remember the first time I saw him rip off his shirt & flex those muscles... lol I was like, what in the bloody heck!? lol And those pink stars... biggrin.gif
Saturn Stars
I dunno... All my friends chuck a laughing fit at him... I mean hughes... so it's kind of hard for it not to rub off on you. I love all the characters though, they are all funny! Great poll!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ May 5 2005, 04:24 PM)
I dunno... All my friends chuck a laughing fit at him... I mean hughes... so it's kind of hard for it not to rub off on you. I love all the characters though, they are all funny! Great poll!
[snapback]167000[/snapback]

Thanks! smile.gif Glad you think so. Does anyone have a character the absolutely hate/ can't stand in Fullmetal Alchemist?
Aoko-chan
Ed and his shorty jokes xD!!! and his "I hate Milk" xD!!! Its the BEST!!!
hagane_no_tokage
dude, barry got so shafted in the anime, he's so awesome in the manga, how could they leave out so much of him in the anime!? XP i loved how he and falman and havoc were always bickering. and his crush on hawkeye was priceless.

"you're so cool! i wanna chop you up!!" XD what a freak! i LOVE it!
AA battery
1) Ed- hates being called "short", hates milk
2) Hughes - loves to brag about his daughter
3) Armstrong - likes to show off his muscle
4) Havoc - likes to smoke, date busomy women, and eat dogs
5) Al - loves cats, sorta gullible
6) Roy - show off, girl-friend stealer
7) Barry - loves to chop people....
8) Winry - loves automail, hitting ed w/ her wrench

<--- imo they are all good except for the gluttony one xD (well it's funny first seeing it but it kinda got boring later, but it's just me xD)

Damn, I so want to see those Barry/Riza/Roy jokes to be animated!!!!! Even that Barry & Roy one (Bunny~) was so funny! xD
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ May 7 2005, 12:29 AM)
dude, barry got so shafted in the anime, he's so awesome in the manga, how could they leave out so much of him in the anime!?  XP  i loved how he and falman and havoc were always bickering.  and his crush on hawkeye was priceless.

"you're so cool!  i wanna chop you up!!"  XD  what a freak!  i LOVE it!

[snapback]167872[/snapback]

I couldn't agree w/ you more! they totally did unjustice to barry in the anime! And he turn out to be such a freaking hilarious character, too! I would have loved to see his crush on Riza (Hawkeye) animated. It's such a shame...
-Kr!zY-
LOL!! i voted for Ed (the first one), though pretty much all of them are funny!
right at the begining in vol 1, on like the 4th page(i think), Ed already loses it after the townspeople mistook Al for Ed, and when a remark about Ed's hight is made, Ed totally over-reacts!!lol Ed is just funny!! hah hah and Armstrong is a crack-up too!! so is hughes!!yeah, Barry is so funny in the manga!XD lol, ya gotta love it!!!
bemused_non-alchemist
They're all rather endearing, but the one who made the biggest impression was Hughes... especially when Elysia turned three. I mean, look at all his facial expressions!! Look at his FACE! XD
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(-Kr!zY- @ May 7 2005, 10:33 AM)
LOL!! i voted for Ed (the first one), though pretty much all of them are funny!
right at the begining in vol 1, on like the 4th page(i think), Ed already loses it after the townspeople mistook Al for Ed, and when a remark about Ed's hight is made, Ed totally over-reacts!!lol Ed is just funny!! hah hah and Armstrong is a crack-up too!! so is hughes!!yeah, Barry is so funny in the manga!XD lol, ya gotta love it!!!
[snapback]168021[/snapback]

Yes!! They are all awesome, but Ed is definately my fav as well. biggrin.gif The scene that you mentioned was hilarious... and equally as funny in the anime too! Ed totally flpped out on that old dude! lol didn't he say some thing like, "*Puuu! spits out drink* I don't think so pops! do I look like a clown to you?!" in the anime? I adore it when some one calls him short, and he freaks out and is like, "Who are you calling a little tiny speck that you can barely see with your eyes!?!?" and the other characters are like, "he din't go THAT far." lol. that's great. *shakes head* How can you not love them (the characters)?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ May 7 2005, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ May 7 2005, 12:29 AM)
dude, barry got so shafted in the anime, he's so awesome in the manga, how could they leave out so much of him in the anime!?  XP  i loved how he and falman and havoc were always bickering.  and his crush on hawkeye was priceless.

"you're so cool!  i wanna chop you up!!"  XD  what a freak!  i LOVE it!

[snapback]167872[/snapback]

I couldn't agree w/ you more! they totally did unjustice to barry in the anime! And he turn out to be such a freaking hilarious character, too! I would have loved to see his crush on Riza (Hawkeye) animated. It's such a shame...
[snapback]168003[/snapback]

I agree.

Barry was hysterical in the manga. They really should of used him more he was just wasted in the anime.

"Lust is nice and soft and curvy she would be lots of fun to chop up. Envy's too boney, he wouldn't be any fun to chop up." laugh.gif

Something like that.
Prinz_Zoisit
wow, this thread is a relly good one!!

it was difficult for me to choose between ed, hugues and armstrong...

...but i finally decided "armstrong"^^
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ May 7 2005, 02:14 PM)
wow, this thread is a relly good one!!

it was difficult for me to choose between ed, hugues and armstrong...

...but i finally decided "armstrong"^^
[snapback]168124[/snapback]

Glad you like it! biggrin.gif
POTOPHREAK
Hughes... I just love the way he keeps talking and talking about Elysa at work. He is such a lovable character.
Maria_Ross
I voted for Edward. He's just so hilarious when people call him short. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Maria_Ross @ Jun 10 2005, 04:44 PM)
I voted for Edward. He's just so hilarious when people call him short.  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif
[snapback]189123[/snapback]

LOL Edward is so great! He is, in my opinion definately one of the funniest characters in the series. I love Ed. laugh.gif His reaction to being called short is always so priceless... I always love the look on his face, it's just to precious!
Thanks for checking out my poll! It's been deserted for a while...
Wandering Namekian
They are all hilarious, but for some odd reason I love all the characters from Xing and would have to say my favorite (I voted "Other") would be something along the lines of:

Ling - Faints from lack of food, only enters rooms through windows.

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
I think it's the giant blend of all the quirks that works best, and gets the funniest result. The series wouldn't be the same without any of them, after all.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Wandering Namekian @ Jun 11 2005, 04:39 PM)
They are all hilarious, but for some odd reason I love all the characters from Xing and would have to say my favorite (I voted "Other") would be something along the lines of:

Ling - Faints from lack of food, only enters rooms through windows.

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
[snapback]189824[/snapback]

No your definately not the only one. I Lmao every time Ling fainted, made Edward pay for his (Ling's) food bills, Entered rooms by way of climbing through mindows, etc. The characters from Xing are all hilarious and I love them to death. LOL laugh.gif
Unfortunitly, when I created this poll I had not read about Ling and company yet in the manga. If I had known about them, I would have definately put them on the poll, and probably izumi-sensei as well. Thank you so much for the reply, Wandering Namekian.

To Guest: That's very true. I completely agree. biggrin.gif
Electrastar
I think the new characters from Xing are pretty funny. Even Ling is pretty serious in the later chapters he's in, in the beginning, he was quite the comedy relief. And I like the way we meet Mei Chan starved of hunger three times. Poor little thing, and her little panda is cute and kinda creepy all at once....
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Jun 12 2005, 09:41 AM)
I think the new characters from Xing are pretty funny. Even Ling is pretty serious in the later chapters he's in, in the beginning, he was quite the comedy relief. And I like the way we meet Mei Chan starved of hunger three times. Poor little thing, and her little panda is cute and kinda creepy all at once....
[snapback]190382[/snapback]

Yes, the Panda was rather creepy... laugh.gif I love Mei chan's vision of Ed. That was so far fetched, hilarious and so far from the truth. If they ever do meet, I have a feeling it will be interesting. biggrin.gif
Aog
Ed.
Duh.
Squirrel of Doom
Must laugh at armstrongetts!!!!! laugh.gif Anywho I can't decide.
Fullmetal sword alchemist
i chose ed hahahah i can't stop laughing about the short thing... does anyone know how tall is ed is beacause i think i'm taller though i'm a few years younger than him... (not jst 1 year younger,but by 4-5 years younger).............................................................................................
Longsword
Armstrong, hands down. Never fails to make me laugh.
Willow
This is a tough one... xD I really can't choose. But I'll have to say Ed, Roy, Hughes and Armstrong!
fullmetal_4eva
Armstrong in all his sparkly glory! laugh.gif
Nicholas_Flamel
I picked Ed for throwing his "I'M NOT SHORT!" tantrums happy.gif

It's a riot.
DemonicFlare-Alchemist
I really think all of the character quirks are funny, but Hughes takes the cake on this one. Everywhere you go you see a picture and hear, " Isn't Gracia the most beautiful woman you ever saw! or My daughter has to be the cutest thing you ever saw!" Then your bombared with tons of family pictures. It always cracks me when he calls Roy and starts talking about Gracia or his daughter. Then he goes to Edward and flashes pictures in his face every 5 seconds to switch to a new picture. laugh.gif
Abigail
Ed made me laugh from his first "Who are you calling so small that he has to be put under a microscope to be seen?" xD
So, Ed. Next would come Hughes, because his father pride rocks ^^;
Fullmetal sword alchemist, I think Ed is somewhere around 165 centimeters in his total height (counting hair attenae and boot plataforms) which makes his REAL height somewhere around 155-160 cm. So he's 5 feet something xD This is mentioned in the manga, if I recall it correctly ^^;
{Edit} Apparently, 165cm is Ed's real height, without counting the hair and shoes ^^; These were a joke because of Edo's shortness. Which would make him, 5'2"?
Dude, taller than me. But I'm only 13, I can still grow x_x (I hope)
Mikage_Elric
just edward. besides i love him
ElementalAlchemist
Haha, I would definately have to go with Maes Hughes. His bragging on Elysia was so priceless! tongue.gif
nakagos bunny
I voted for Hughes because the way he looks and acts over his daughter is the same way I must look and act when I see pictures of Nakago. biggrin.gif And if I had a kid with Nakago...........well, then I'd make Hughes look mild in his bragging.

But I also like Ed with the short thing because like Ed I am short, and hate it, and get very annoyed when people feel the need to point out to me that I am short, as though I didn't already know it......I also am not fond of milk too.XD But I don't hate it as much as he does. Only when it makes me ill, as I am apparently partly lactose intolerant.
SilverHawk
Hughes all the way! He's hilarious whenever he has a phone conversation with Mustang.
Ed_Elric_Fan
I couldn't decide between Hughes or Ed... but I finally chose Ed, gotta love the who are you calling short!!? comments
xiaku
Haha, it's gotta be Hughes! He's hilarious!
snwbnny
I couldn't help but chose Hughs. xD When he brags about his daughter, I can't help but smile. He's one of the funniest characters. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.