Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Idea Of Hell
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Envy's lil' miniskirt
My friend and I were talking the other night and we were discussing what our idea of hell would be. Meaning, if you died and ended up in hell what would be waiting for you. It doesn't have to be fire and brimstone it could be anything.

Here's mine:

When I used to work at an aquarium store many years ago one thing I absolutly hated doing was cleaning the glass lids on the fishtanks. What would happen was water would spray up from the filter so algae and other upleasent, nasty stuff would gather on the lids. As fishroom manager it was my job to scrub these down. This consisted of taking a bucket and a scrubbie, removing each lid, sticking in in the bucket and scrubbing it clean. This was a dirty, smelly job and I had to bend over the bucket so my back hurt and I would get covered in nasty algae water. I only had time to do this on sunday so once I finished all the tanks in the room, all one hundred of them, I would have to start all over again. Basically, it took an eternity to do it. So, if I die and go to hell Satan will be there to greet me with a bucket and a scrubbie and lead me to a room full of fish tanks, which will probably contain critters that will jump out and bite me when I try to take the lids off.

So, what's your idea of hell?

PS: If your going to make some kind of smug post stating that you are a christian so you're not going to hell then your missing the point of this post. This is a hypothetical question and in the spirt of fun.
Carnal Malefactor
Having to repeat my high school years, over and over and over again.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yeah, those were pretty hellish for me too.
Zarpia
My hell started when i was 5 years old, and i got stuck with it coz i'm my own hell, to live with myself, i'm not a suiside person or anithing maybe a bit depress, but they have been some events that i'm not over them yet.

That ^^ and my second grade (i had a really bad teacher, she was such a bitch)
FMAlchemistChan
hell-my life now
«°~Gluttony™~°»
my thoughts on hell

whatever you think is hell on earth it would be thousand times worse if not more

Hell will be different for every person i believe

for instance, you might be put in a situation that your about to get everything you wanted and it gets stripped away and you keep going thru that for eternity over and over, and you can't ever reach it no matter how you tried, that's one way of being in hell
hitokiri
having to live in LA.... with all the cheerfulness, sunshine, blondes, improper use of the word dude, and f*ckin cilantro....
Fresh_Coffee
Hanging out with that Guy who likes me. @_@ It's very scary.
mongooseboi
hell is a place with no anime.
Zarpia
I couldn't agree more with you mongooseboi.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(hitokiri @ May 2 2005, 04:39 PM)
having to live in LA.... with all the cheerfulness, sunshine, blondes, improper use of the word dude, and f*ckin cilantro....
[snapback]165270[/snapback]

What do you have against cilantro? huh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 10:07 PM)
What do you have against cilantro? huh.gif
[snapback]165416[/snapback]

nothing, if its used properly.... but west coast food seems to use it nondiscriminantly. i mean cilantro is ok; but when almost everything has it, i begin to question the validity of its use. its just like the mandatory use of parsley in almost everything containing meat.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I think that must be a southern California thing because just about the only thing I've seen cilantro used in around these parts is mexican food and some Asian cusine.
CursedAnubis
I don't believe in Hell. Or heaven for that matter. I believe that when we're dead, that's it. Total darkness. laugh.gif
telepika
I don't believe in hell either... It's strange I believe in God but I don't believe in hell...

Btw, what so wrong with LA, Hito?!! People are the farthest thing from cheerful, they're quite cranky actually. Only 10% of the people there are blond... The sunshine is quite bothersome; I agree with that, but... *sighs*

Anyway, my hell would be doing research papers for all of eternity...
ἀρχή
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 2 2005, 02:59 PM)
[snapback]165116[/snapback]

I keep having recurring dreams about having to go back to High School. For some reason I didn't finish in my dreams and they're going to take away my BA and clear all my graduate credits unless I go back to high school. I usually wake up screaming after those nightmares.

My version of Hell:

That my wife and daughter will die before I do. I sometimes get an obtrusive thought in my head for no real apparent reason where I find out that they died. It just hits me for no reason and quite infrequently and when it does, the momentary feeling of loss seems so real and devastating. It would be hell for me to experience that for real. But then again, that would be life dry.gif
alchemist x
this life is hell, damnit! mad.gif
telepika
If this life was hell, then hell wouldn't be too bad because well... that would mean life couldn't get any worse, right? Personally, I would be relieved if this life was hell...

Oh, now I feel so warm and fuzzy *gags*
Sonic-Teal
I dont belive in a permanat hell becuase in the bible god is ever loving, and if he is ever loving how could he sentance somebody to eternal damnation?

Well on to my definition of hell: Having to repeat 8th grade over and over aain, becuase I decided to be lazy the past three quarters my dad is being a bitch at it and life is constant anxiety. Oh and not being allowed to play D&D ad watching FMA, and also not being able to get angry I need anger to function.
edsgirl
QUOTE(arche @ May 3 2005, 06:39 AM)

I keep having recurring dreams about having to go back to High School. For some reason I didn't finish in my dreams and they're going to take away my BA and clear all my graduate credits unless I go back to high school. I usually wake up screaming after those nightmares.

My version of Hell:

That my wife and daughter will die before I do. I sometimes get an obtrusive thought in my head for no real apparent reason where I find out that they died. It just hits me for no reason and quite infrequently and when it does, the momentary feeling of loss seems so real and devastating. It would be hell for me to experience that for real. But then again, that would be life dry.gif
[snapback]165544[/snapback]

I have those kinds of thoughts alot too! I don't sleep well at all, usually 2 to 3 hours a day, but when I have thoughts like that about my son, I can't sleep at all.

My other version of hell would have to be having to dance for Satan while Britney Spears is playing in the background. If I slow down, he speeds me up like a fast forward button, If i'm too fast he just blows me up! I really need to sleep more blink.gif
Le Monkey
Yes..
Thoe thaughts come from lack of sleep....
I gat FAR too many of them...
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ May 2 2005, 08:26 PM)
I don't believe in Hell. Or heaven for that matter. I believe that when we're dead, that's it. Total darkness. laugh.gif
[snapback]165479[/snapback]

huh.gif that in itself would be hell, if we don't go anywhere total darkness

QUOTE(Sonic-Teal @ May 3 2005, 07:34 PM)
I dont belive in a permanat hell becuase in the bible god is ever loving, and if he is ever loving how could he sentance somebody to eternal damnation?
[snapback]165923[/snapback]

Let me answer that question for you.

god is ever loving, but once you fall from grace and you don't try to come back before you die that will be your final judgment he still will love you, but that don't mean he won't be disapointed how you lived your life

well that's my opinion anyways
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ May 4 2005, 07:58 AM)

My version of Hell:

I have those kinds of thoughts alot too! I don't sleep well at all, usually 2 to 3 hours a day, but when I have thoughts like that about my son, I can't sleep at all.

My other version of hell would have to be having to dance for Satan while Britney Spears is playing in the background. If I slow down, he speeds me up like a fast forward button, If i'm too fast he just blows me up! I really need to sleep more blink.gif
[snapback]166001[/snapback]

You need to get more sleep, girl! Maybe I should come down there and hum lullabyes in your ear. tongue.gif
By the way, did my method work for you the other night?
Drina
Hell?

Mine would be to have no one to talk to. And be in total darkness with....

---------------------------------------------them....

You see, I'm not scared of the dark. Simply what or who could be in the dark. dry.gif

And why is red always associated with Hell? mad.gif Red is an awesome color. I think that the "bad" color should be gray because it's much scarier than red. It's not fair that the "color" of fire is scarier! FIRE IS AWESOME! (I'm a pyromaniac.... So, yeah....)
Hagane no Renzy
Hmmm....

No FMA! biggrin.gif ]

j/k guys. Really? Well...I guess pure loneliness and horrific corpses around me and stuff, and dying painfully over and over and over again for eternity. That sounds somewhat hellish to me.

And I agree with what Sonic-Teal said. I've always thought that. I mean, my family loves me. If I stole a cookie and never said sorry would they damn me for eternity and forever more? blink.gif
CursedAnubis
huh.gif  that in itself would be hell, if we don't go anywhere total darkness

Actually what I meant wasn't like the kind of you know that you're in the dark, but rather a more "non-existance" kind of thing. As in no afterlife awareness at all. Hmm kind of hard to explain
Celestial Shadow
My idea of Hell...being stuck in some place really hot (basically, Hell) with 10,000 hyper, screaming girls (and little kids) and no anime, video games, manga, books, or hot guys...Oh and having to eternally do schoolwork during all of this. *shivers just thinking about it*
343 Guilty Spark
Hell? Hmm... not sure yet. I think it would have to be that Bush gets elected again...

Oh wait, we did that one already! So, basicly hell is here. Well, it's coming at least.

Hell would be WWIII. All of the world wars lasted for years, and the numbers of dead and wounded are staggering. Now our weapons are deadlier, more accurate, and more devastating. Even now, we are slipping to closer to nuclear war, and sooner or latter, WWIII will break out, plunging us into a Hell-on-Earth. The devastation would be immense, and so many would die.

I hope everyone gets gun training: When WWIII comes around, you'll need it.
Celestial Shadow
Unless you kill yourself if/when it comes around >_>
343 Guilty Spark
Personally, I plan on applying for work at Iron Mountain when WWIII breaks out. The bombs drop, I find the safest place in the complex, and come out years latter to find most of the world destroyed.

Then I unite the survivors under the United Earth Directorate, and proclame myself Chanselor. There will be coockies and milk in my office after the conquering for all my loyal generals and officers.
Kit
My Hell would be the world sinking into darkness, plunging four fifths of the populations into an unescapable depression. We would all be put in nut-houses, so there would be no way to commit suicide. The people would just sit there and cry, wishing for a way out. There would be no relief from the pain and the rest of the world would be killing each other. Finally, the fifth of the race that wasn't horribly depressed would be dead and those that were would be stuck until they died. THAT is my Hell.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ May 4 2005, 04:16 PM)
Actually what I meant wasn't like the kind of you know that you're in the dark, but rather a more "non-existance" kind of thing. As in no afterlife awareness at all. Hmm kind of hard to explain
[snapback]166403[/snapback]

Do you mean purgatory?
definingmind
I believe that Hell will be you sitting there, alone, in teh dark, in the most uncomfortable, unimaginable pain for eternity with one thought ever pressing in your mind. That thought being 'Why did I reject what our Lord did for us? Why didn't I believe you? Where did I go wrong?'...
Anyways, you get the picture.
Bling_bling_Angel
Hell, according to the Catholic teaching of it, is still a symbol of God's love for us... except that the souls inside get hurt because of their own choice.

Here's the example: a cold shower on a hot summer day is just blissful, ain't it? Ahhhh... so good... happy.gif... and wonderful... and all that jazz.

But what if the person has scorched skin? That same bliss will make it a torment to that person.

Same diff with hell... persons who go to hell have had their "skin" scorched by their wilfull sins; hence, once they go into eternity, God's love for them--much like the shower--inflicts pain, not because He wants it to, but because of their own doing...

unsure.gif Something tells me I'mma get gunnysacked for this again... dry.gif
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ May 4 2005, 03:16 PM)
huh.gif  that in itself would be hell, if we don't go anywhere total darkness

[snapback]166403[/snapback]

don't worry it's not hard to explain i understood what you ment, and I ment what I said lol

and I don't mean by the ending would be hell after you die,

your life would literally be Hell, pointless no reason to live if there isn't something to live for, no afterlife would royally suck :| now i know some theorys where you just move onto another life into another body or whatever i would like that over dying and nothing at all like you said lol
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
i find hell.....
like a place where you just scream forever with fire around you and people like killing you....
nothing else...
Prinz_Zoisit
i have only made sometimes speculations about how hell could be, because i think that i can't imagine how it is like...
but i think that it must be a terrible thing...

one thing i imagined was that i will be tortured forever and without dieing...

but these imaginations are so terrible that i stop to think about it very quick...
Le Monkey
My Idea of hell is where you are immortal..
But are kept being killed and tortured..as you cannot die you do not actually die.. you just exsperience it over and over and over again...
edsgirl
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 4 2005, 12:57 PM)

My version of Hell:

You need to get more sleep, girl! Maybe I should come down there and hum lullabyes in your ear. tongue.gif
[snapback]166135[/snapback]

It worked so well that I overslept the next morning! Good thing I didn't have to go to work! Ohh, lullabyes tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ May 5 2005, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,May 4 2005, 12:57 PM)

My version of Hell:

[snapback]166135[/snapback]

It worked so well that I overslept the next morning! Good thing I didn't have to go to work! Ohh, lullabyes tongue.gif
[snapback]166848[/snapback]

Glad to hear it!
biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ May 4 2005, 10:42 PM)
unsure.gif Something tells me I'mma get gunnysacked for this again... dry.gif
[snapback]166670[/snapback]

No. You weren't being a smug jerk about it so no gunnysacking.............this time. wink.gif
Quistis88
What's this about Bacon giving out sleeping methods? biggrin.gif
infatuation_junkie
I really don't know how to describe it well, so I'll write it out.

Opening her eyes, Cassii was greeted with the unpleasent glare form a bright yellow wall. Squinting at it's shine, she stands to gaze around the overly heated room. As her eyes linger over the plastic yellow floor, they land upon a large smiling clown. Taking a step back Cassii trips over, and falls on, an even larger clown. Trapped in the happy beasts clutches she screams, but nothing comes out. Now she notices that there is no sound. Just the vibrations of her owm thoughts, circulating around in her mind. With no will of her own, she slumps in her knew reality.

So there it. A large empty yellow room, with clowns and silence. Having all my independance taken away and being alone. I guess that would be my hell.
Prinz_Zoisit
infatuation junkie, your siganture is nice:

"Politics::
The word "Poli" comes from the greek word "Tiny".
The word "Tics" comes from the greek words "Blood sucking creatures".
Need I say more?"

i wanna tell you something else, what my latin teacher told us:

"Parlamentary::
The word "parlare" comes from the latin word "to talk".
The word "mentiri" comes from the latin word "to lie".
Need I say more?"

^^^^^^^^^nice word play, huh^^
Dr. Bacon
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 5 2005, 09:26 AM)
What's this about Bacon giving out sleeping methods?  biggrin.gif
[snapback]166865[/snapback]

Never you mind! :3
Luckyalchemy27
Hell? Hmm... not sure yet. I think it would have to be that Bush gets elected again...

*starts laughing her head off and can't stop*

But, for my idea of hell, I think that infatuation junkie has it down pat. Clowns....*shudders*
infatuation_junkie
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ May 5 2005, 01:26 PM)
infatuation junkie, your siganture is nice:

"Politics::
The word "Poli" comes from the greek word "Tiny".
The word "Tics" comes from the greek words "Blood sucking creatures".
Need I say more?"

i wanna tell you something else, what my latin teacher told us:

"Parlamentary::
The word "parlare" comes from the latin word "to talk".
The word "mentiri" comes from the latin word "to lie".
Need I say more?"

^^^^^^^^^nice word play, huh^^
[snapback]167006[/snapback]

Thats awesome!!! happy.gif
I love word plays happy.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 5 2005, 01:44 PM)

*starts laughing her head off and can't stop*

But, for my idea of hell, I think that infatuation junkie has it down pat. Clowns....*shudders*
[snapback]167031[/snapback]

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the stupid clown phobia. ph34r.gif
343 Guilty Spark
Clowns are OK to me... it's just that, well...

All these renditions of evil clowns has creeped me out. I can stand a human being a clown. It's the "Incarnations of E.V.I.L. that look like clowns" that just creep me out.

*shivers* But they never stop laughing... *twich*

*curls into a ball and wimpers*
Quistis88
infatuation_junkie, this is the second time I had to merge your double-posts. Please do not double-post again. There is an EDIT button if you forget to add something to a post you have already posted.
Drina
QUOTE(343 Guilty Spark @ Posted Today @ 05:20 PM )
*curls into a ball and wimpers*

*Rubs back to comfort.*

It is ok, young one. Take deep breaths and find your happy place.

---Clowns frieghten me, as well. I always imagine that one will be staring back at me when I go to look out my window....
-----------Hmmk. I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.