Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meat-eaters
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2
lizzyangel
i didnt know why ppl were so obsessed with eating no meat. but after some research i know why. maybe its just me, but if anyone out there doesnt know, farm animals are kept in horrible conditions. it's hard for me, but eating little/ nbo meat helps my concious. give it sdome thought. please.

i cried.

*tear*
this is another i found....
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I already know all about the meat industry but I still eat meat. I love meat! It's not that I'm heartless but the fact that human beings are omnivores. I tried to be a vegiterian a long time ago and did it for two years but I was sick all the time and lost a lot of weight. So some people cannot live on a strictly vegitarian diet.

If I could raise my own cattle I would instead of relying on the meat industry.

Besides, bullfighting has nothing to do with the meat industry, it's just a cruel sport.
Zarpia
you didn't know that already lizzy?
i eat meat just when my mom make it, if she doesn't then is not big deal, i'm not a meatfan.
Carnal Malefactor
I hate guilt-tripping, self-righteous vegetarians/vegans far more than I could ever hate abusive cattle ranchers.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 08:40 AM)
I already know all about the meat industry but I still eat meat. I love meat! It's not that I'm heartless but the fact that human beings are omnivores. I tried to be a vegiterian a long time ago and did it for two years but I was sick all the time and lost a lot of weight. So some people cannot live on a strictly vegitarian diet.
[snapback]165087[/snapback]

I feel the same way I'm just not a vegiterian person. @_@ I know that the meat industry is bad but I love meat and I love to eat it. Not that I wish for those poor animals it's just I can't help that I like it....
xrninja
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 2 2005, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 08:40 AM)

I feel the same way I'm just not a vegiterian person. @_@ I know that the meat industry is bad but I love meat and I love to eat it. Not that I wish for those poor animals it's just I can't help that I like it....
[snapback]165150[/snapback]

i agree. i do feel bad for the animals, but i really love to eat meat. i eat a lot, and i've experimented with vegetarianism and it didn't fill me up and i hated eating the meals. i equally dislike our meat industry, though. my family buys meat from a german deli that's a little far from home, but they have good stuff and they're good people. we've been going there a long time, and a lot of their other customers go because they know the deli doesn't get their meat from places that keep their livestock in dirty facilities. when i go out to eat, i try to get stuff with meat from Niman Ranch, too. i'll probably never stop being a meat eater (though i stopped eating beef during the Mad Cow craze), kind of like how my Buddhist best friend will never stop trying to convert me to vegetarianism. rolleyes.gif
Luckyalchemy27
I'm all for animal rights, but I am not a vegetarian. I would either starve or go crazy without meat.

Really, you would? I wouldn't be able to. Cows are so cute, and I would get really attatched to all of them.
hitokiri
well i vaguely remember having this discussion in a thread a long time ago, but i'll restate a very important point... people complain about the inhumane housing of animals and preach free range meat production..... not possible. the amount of land required to free range raised all livestock and poultry is not available...

one of two things would have to happen for this pipedream to occur...

A - the entire world would have to severely change their diet
B - defrost siberia and turn it into a giant free range farm

both things are equally ridiculous. their just animals, and so are we... to feel bad for the treatment of one's prey, which essentially is what these animals are, is the most foolish thing imaginable as far as the natural order is concerned. do you think that the lion feels bad when it rips out the throat of a baby gazzelle? no...

you are seeing this situation from a prospective that only the priviledged can, what about the third world nations that couldn't afford the rise in cost of free range meat?

but more importantly you refer to these animals as if they were equals and deserved such rights; in nature they would have to endure harsh lives, under constant threat of attack by predators. they would be subjected to endless injuries, disease, and eventual death; not by old age but either by predators or becoming so sick/useless they can no longer find food and starve to death. even more importantly; we are the predators, they are prey... they lives are only meant as nurishment for us and anything else is irrelevant. that is the brutal truth of the natural order.
Luckyalchemy27
their just animals, and so are we... to feel bad for the treatment of one's prey, which essentially is what these animals are, is the most foolish thing imaginable as far as the natural order is concerned.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?!?!??! How can you say that??! "they're just animals", what is that supposed to mean??? Just because we eat them doesn't mean that we have to let them suffer in poorlivng conditions! How would you like it if someone shoved you in a pen with no food or water or shelter?!?! Animals have feelings too!
hitokiri
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 2 2005, 08:26 PM)
How would you like it if someone shoved you in a pen with no food or water or shelter?!?!
[snapback]165309[/snapback]

you're really dumb aren't you? i mean "my mom was a crack junky when she was pregnant" dumb....

why do animals need shelter? they're built to survive outdoors; also most poultry are kept indoors anyways. how can you raise an animal for slaughter if you don't feed it and give it water?

dumbass...
Electrastar
I haven't even tried to eat no meat, and I don't know and don't want to know about the meat industry. Humans have been eating meat since the dawn of time. It's not like we eat endangered species, we breed animals for the sole purpose of eating them. So may think that it's cruel, but what kind of life would they have in another way ? You can't get evreything your body needs from veggies alone despite what vegeterians say.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 2 2005, 04:53 PM)

Really, you would? I wouldn't be able to. Cows are so cute, and I would get really attatched to all of them.
[snapback]165284[/snapback]

Yes I would, and I probably would get attached to them at first but then I would get over it and start naming them things like felit mignon and porterhouse. Also if I raised them they wouldn't be fed a lot of hormones and I could provide a good diet for them so the meat would be really good. I'd even raise a few Kobe beef style. Besides raising livestock is alot more honest than going into a grocery store and picking up a shrink wrapped slab of meat. I could also provide the animals with a decent life before I killed and ate them. By honest I mean I wouldn't be hiding from the fact that something had to die to feed me. Just a few years ago I started cooking my own crab and lobster for this very reason. Plus I get to say thank you to them before I drop them into a pot of boiling water.

Don't get me wrong I love animals and believe they should be treated as the sentient beings they are but I'm not going to hide from the fact that meat was once something alive.

QUOTE(hitokiri)
their just animals, and so are we... to feel bad for the treatment of one's prey, which essentially is what these animals are, is the most foolish thing imaginable as far as the natural order is concerned. do you think that the lion feels bad when it rips out the throat of a baby gazzelle? no...

I beg to differ. I would be considered the same thing if you were to go out and hunt your dinner down. The meat industry does have some very cruel practices that I strongly disagree with and if I could I would buy free range meat but I can't afford it. However I do agree with the fact that there is no way to make every livestock farm free range due to population size. It just wouldn't be feasible.

QUOTE(hitokiri)
but more importantly you refer to these animals as if they were equals and deserved such rights; in nature they would have to endure harsh lives, under constant threat of attack by predators.

Wether you believe that animals are equal or not doesn't change the fact that these are not wild animals. They don't get to wander around the forest until something decides to eat them. There's a big difference between wild animals and livestock. They have to live in unsanitary conditions until it's off to the slaughter house. We are suppose to be above them but it doesn't change the fact that human beings can be very cruel and just because they are "dumb animals" and they are food doesn't give us the right to mistreat them. Animals are senitent beings and do feel pain.
lizzyangel
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 11:40 AM)

Besides, bullfighting has nothing to do with the meat industry, it's just a cruel sport.

yea, they play the sport, then eat the bull.
i'll try to find this other site, just about farm animal cruelty.found it up top ^

and i do eat meat. i tried it, but it was hard, and inconcvinient.
i just wanted to tell people who didnt know, what SOME animals go through for us to have a meal.
Drina
Hmm...
Lots of the stuff you see about the meat industry isn't always true, you know.

For example:
--You don't want to put meat chickens in cages because it will bruise the chicken and no meat eater wants bruised chicken.
--De-beaking is not a BAD THING. It simply insures that the chickens don't kill themselves before the butcher does.

If you took a Vo-Ag class sometime, or did some research, you would find that animals are usually kept under sanitary conditions. They HAVE TO... otherwise the Vegans would pour acid down their throats and blow up the factories and slaughter houses.

And if you blow up factories, aren't you killing people, too? AND YOU KNOW THAT THEY HAVE FEELINGS AND FAMILIES.

*Takes a deep breath.* I just had this conversation with a PETA at school the other day. Grrr.... Not exactly like she's the brightest mind around either. Once you get an idea into one of those heads, you can't convince them otherwise.
*Shrugs shoulders.* Oh, well.

You can take my sugar (or maybe not...), BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE... MY MEEEEAAAAT!!

XP

-Meat Eater til the end.
Chiyo
I eat meat, and I love to eat meat, no matter what I see. Mainly because the meat I buy has to be of a certain standard which means the animals were treated fairly. I know it can be bad, but because I don't buy cheap meat I don't get involved in that evil.

I don't agree with cruelty to animals at all, its evil and I really hate the idea of fox hunting. But we eat meat because our bodies are designed to need it. People who make their dog vegetarians really tick me off. I was almost shocked when I heard people do that.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 5 2005, 02:53 PM)
People who make their dog vegetarians really tick me off. I was almost shocked when I heard people do that.
[snapback]167109[/snapback]

People who do that should be thrown in jail for animal cruelty. Don't these dumbasses realize dogs and cats are obligate carnivores?

Feh!
Fricken PETA!
Luckyalchemy27
why do animals need shelter? they're built to survive outdoors; also most poultry are kept indoors anyways.

*hisses angrily* All animals need shelter, idiot! Even wild animals have to seek shelter from the elements!

how can you raise an animal for slaughter if you don't feed it and give it water?

Because lots of people just buy animals from auctions and then ship them without any food or water to the slaughterhouse! You get a dollar a pound or something like that. mad.gif

People who make their dog vegetarians really tick me off. I was almost shocked when I heard people do that.

Woah...people do that? blink.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 5 2005, 07:37 PM)
*hisses angrily* All animals need shelter, idiot! Even wild animals have to seek shelter from the elements!

bovine species don't require shelter, f*cktard... even with domestication they still have retained their ability to regulate their core temp during adverse weather. as for pigs, well they're mostly kept indoors during bad weather anyways.

Because lots of people just buy animals from auctions and then ship them without any food or water to the slaughterhouse! You get a dollar a pound or something like that.
they're just gonna get slaughtered in the next week anyways; plus its for the reason of removing waste matter before slaugter, just like how fish are just generally not fed on fish farms for 36 hours before hand.

ps. i'm writing this while enjoying a plate of veal parm. mmmmm.....taste the shackled tenderness...
Prinz_Zoisit
i eat meat only sometimes....

pls don't cause in me a bad conscience...
lizzyangel
QUOTE(Drina @ May 5 2005, 03:52 PM)
Hmm...
Lots of the stuff you see about the meat industry isn't always true, you know.

For example:
--You don't want to put meat chickens in cages because it will bruise the chicken and no meat eater wants bruised chicken.
--De-beaking is not a BAD THING. It simply insures that the chickens don't kill themselves before the butcher does.

You can take my sugar (or maybe not...), BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE... MY MEEEEAAAAT!!

[snapback]167038[/snapback]

yea, the bruised chickens (if you read about the second site) get chopped up so finely, no one notices, to make chicken nuggets for example, or pot pies i beleive.

yea, but de-beaking hurts, they chop of bone and cartilage, how would you like it if some guy shoved your face in a gullotine and chopped your face off.
plus, they wouldn't have to worry about chickens killing each other, if they weren't cramped in an unbeleivably small cage.

and again, i'm not trying to make you stop eating meat, i wouldn't either!!
i just think it's wrong, and people should do somethings about it!
Luckyalchemy27
bovine species don't require shelter, f*cktard... even with domestication they still have retained their ability to regulate their core temp during adverse weather. as for pigs, well they're mostly kept indoors during bad weather anyways.

I have no idea where you learned about animals, but you don't know anything. They DO need shelter, because even if they can regulate their body temperature, if they are kept out in the sun without water for a long period of time they will overheat. If they are out in the rain and snow with no shelter they will get sick.

they're just gonna get slaughtered in the next week anyways

Are you just an animal hater or what?

ps. i'm writing this while enjoying a plate of veal parm. mmmmm.....taste the shackled tenderness...

I have nothing against eating meat, but you are a fucking sicko.
phoenix dying
QUOTE(hitokiri @ May 6 2005, 05:05 AM)
[snapback]167452[/snapback]

Thats F*uking hilarious

IPB Image
besides Doesn't this make you hungry
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 7 2005, 03:46 AM)

I have no idea where you learned about animals, but you don't know anything. They DO need shelter, because even if they can regulate their body temperature, if they are kept out in the sun without water for a long period of time they will overheat. If they are out in the rain and snow with no shelter they will get sick.

How did they survive before domestication then?
NightMistress
It's eat or be eaten for me. Carnivorous animals wouldn't spare me if I were out in the wild because they know that their bodies need the nutrients. If I can go to the store and get a steak or some chicken, then I'm all over it.

I find it interesting that owners make their pets vegetarians. Thing is, though those animals are cute and furry, it has happened time and time again that when owners die in their homes and have a pet, the pet starts to eat the owner. If that pet was used to being on a no meat diet, it's not going to just not eat the owner because it hasn't eaten meat in a while. When push comes to shove, it is a carnivore and it will always be a carnivore. Nature can be gruesome, but it's just how it is. I still plan on getting myself a cat in the near future though. And it will get wet food, and dry food.
~FMAgurl~
Has anyone here ever seen the Lion King? blink.gif That movie just came to mind after reading.

I agree that the animals should have better conditions, but not everyone can stop eating meat. I wish we could, but it's how life is. I gave up meat for lent(religious thing) and I lasted suprisingly, but I ate a ton of fish lol.
Wouldn't it be less painful for the animals and less work for the humans if we just put them to sleep while...killing them? *shivers at thought*

Do people actually make their dogs and cats vegetarians? huh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
If you mean put to sleep like they do at the vet then no, they can't do that, it would taint the meat.

Yes, people are stupid enough to make thier dogs and cats vegetarians. Nevermind that both these animals are carnivores in the wild. Just because they are domesticated doesn't make them any less of a carnivore.

I've heard the pets of these idiots often have many health problems associated with their unatural diet. So much for being an animal lover eh?
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 2 2005, 03:53 PM)
I'm all for animal rights, but I am not a vegetarian. I would either starve or go crazy without meat.

[snapback]165284[/snapback]

i couldn't cause they smell to much blink.gif

QUOTE(hitokiri @ May 2 2005, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 2 2005, 08:26 PM)
How would you like it if someone shoved you in a pen with no food or water or shelter?!?!
[snapback]165309[/snapback]

why do animals need shelter? they're built to survive outdoors; also most poultry are kept indoors anyways. how can you raise an animal for slaughter if you don't feed it and give it water?

dumbass...
[snapback]165380[/snapback]

Animals do need shelter, lmao, don't know about you, but Wild animals when there out in the sun they don't just sit in the sun, They find shade to sit under, when it rains they find cover so yes they make there own sheleter outside, if they need to go out in it then they do but they do even create there own shelter as well.

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 7 2005, 02:34 PM)
If you mean put to sleep like they do at the vet then no, they can't do that, it would taint the meat.

Yes, people are stupid enough to make thier dogs and cats vegetarians. Nevermind that both these animals are carnivores in the wild. Just because they are domesticated doesn't make them any less of a carnivore.

I've heard the pets of these idiots often have many health problems associated with their unatural diet. So much for being an animal lover eh?
[snapback]168247[/snapback]

lmao agree's with you on that

vegitarians can get so up tight cause we eat meat, but can't believe people try to make there dogs and cats vegitarians as well blink.gif
GreedEnvyWrath
I love meat I eat meat almost every day it absolutly scumrcios laugh.gif
~FMAgurl~
Well there's gotta be some less painful way to kill an animal without cutting it up while it's alive, yet still keep the meat safe to eat. Is slaughtering it the only way?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
They don't cut it up while it's still alive. They use a strong electric shock on it first which usually kills them. If not kill it will at least stun it so when the animal is slaughtered it doesn't feel anything.
Luckyalchemy27
Animals do need shelter, lmao, don't know about you, but Wild animals when there out in the sun they don't just sit in the sun, They find shade to sit under, when it rains they find cover so yes they make there own sheleter outside, if they need to go out in it then they do but they do even create there own shelter as well.

*applauds* Thank you, Gluttony! Finally, someone who agrees with me!
hitokiri
QUOTE(«°~Gluttony™~°» @ May 7 2005, 06:42 PM)

all bovine species are plain herd animals of some form, there is generally no shelter in plains... else they wouldn't be plains. why do you think they have such a large body capable of storing food for later? why do you think they have thicker hides than most other herbivores? its all for the purpose of surviving a harsh and unforgiving enviroment with little vegetation of sufficient size for shelter. the only reason domesticated cows are stored inside is to protect the financial interests of the owner; ie poachers, less chance of contamination in milking cows, etc... they don't need, and the key word here is need, shelter. its true it gives them a longer life span than they would have in nature; but their just gonna be slaughtered before they ever remotely reach said natural life span.
phoenix dying
May i bring up a good book called The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

About the slaughter houses in chiago in the early 1900's. preaty good
hitokiri
QUOTE(phoenix alchemist @ May 7 2005, 10:38 PM)
May i bring up a good book called The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

About the slaughter houses in chiago in the early 1900's. preaty good
[snapback]168415[/snapback]

but the jungle is not so much about the slaughterhouses, its more about the general corruption and lack of quality control in the business world of its day.
lizzyangel
*sigh*

I AM NOT TRYING TO TURN YOU INTO VEGANS!!!!
I Loove meat too.
but if you read the second site i've provided on the first post, it is just wrong and inhuman!

i would never give up meat either, but the way we do it. Europe has already outlawed the treatment we still give these poor animals about to sacrifice their lives for ONE meal.

i mean wtf?!?! I am NOT asking anyone to stop eating meat!!!
and i dont know why ppl are still porting like i'm some crazy vegan recruit!

it is just so messed up how they make (for example) 'white veal', or 'gourmet veal'
it's super tender. if a male cow is born, obviously it cant be milked, so they stick it in a box where it CANNOT move. it's so tender because the muscles don't devlope. and it's white because no blood is excercised through it. and the calf stays there for years. i just cant get over it. i could never imagine living... well, 'living' like that.
hitokiri
QUOTE(lizzyangel @ May 9 2005, 11:43 AM)
i would never give up meat either, but the way we do it. Europe has already outlawed the treatment we still give these poor animals about to sacrifice their lives for ONE meal.
[snapback]169384[/snapback]

one meal? do you know how much meat you can get out of one cow? or a pig? hell most people can't even finish off a whole chicken in one sitting unless they are either a fatass or force themselves to choke all of it down.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(lizzyangel @ May 9 2005, 08:43 AM)

I Loove meat too.

Nobody said you were!

We are just arguing over facts, don't be so sensitive.
ἀρχή
I'm not reading through this, but weiging in anyway. I eat meat. i don't care about the social consequences as I've got so many other areas of social concern that I think are far more important for me to think about. Then again, I'm an arrogant loser pseudo-philosopher laugh.gif
lizzyangel
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 9 2005, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE(lizzyangel @ May 9 2005, 08:43 AM)

I Loove meat too.

Nobody said you were!

We are just arguing over facts, don't be so sensitive.
[snapback]169394[/snapback]

sorry. i was just getting agrivated reading 'o, i love meat, i'll never give up meat.'

.... i'm not sensative... sad.gif *cries*
I just have something in my eye....
QUOTE(hitokiri @ May 9 2005, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE(lizzyangel @ May 9 2005, 11:43 AM)

one meal? do you know how much meat you can get out of one cow? or a pig? hell most people can't even finish off a whole chicken in one sitting unless they are either a fatass or force themselves to choke all of it down.
[snapback]169389[/snapback]

my bad. I wasn't thinking too well that day. sad.gif

OK, well, i didn't tell ya'll, but i used your input on a project of mine, and it really helped out. i think i got a good grade, so thank you!^^
Bubbles
If we want to allow for more free range farm animals in the united states and other countries we need more government aide for farmers so they can keep their animals free range.

I've lived next to a cattle farm. Those cows were free range, and kept in the best condition of almost any animal I've ever seen. They were meat cattle and the owner had been keeping cattle for many generations. Most of these conditions you see are a select few "production farms" that exist throughout the world.

And chickens are some of the most disgusting animals that have ever existed. They eat their own dung, willingly. I have seen chickens who were loose in pens get in major fights over nothing. De-beaking is not mean at all. Beaks are like fingernails, made of the same material. You want to get on something that is immoral involving poultry, look at Cock fighting. THAT is immoral.

Pigs HAVE to be slaughtered a certain way, or they are unedible. Pigs MUST be drained of blood or you can't eat the meat.

Veal is another story. I will never eat it, just for the fact that it is a baby cow, not going to happen.

Farm animals are not the ones who need to be helped, it's strays and domestic animals who are sitting in shelters geting put down every day because there is no control on animal populations.

And dog fights...there is no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad owner. From years of being around show dogs of every breed, including *bad breeds*, owning a Chow-mix myself, I know this from experience.

Just my two cents... i will continue to eat meat, because that has been my diet for my entire life and I'm not going to hurt my body just to *stick it to* a few bad production farms.

And bullfighting is an archaic sport that unfortunatley used to be fair for the bulls, but isn't now due to the fact that the bull fighters are all pussies and don't want to get hurt.
silver bg
i love meat...mostly chicken
lizzyangel
QUOTE(Bubbles @ May 16 2005, 05:15 PM)
If we want to allow for more free range farm animals in the united states and other countries we need more government aide for farmers so they can keep their animals free range.

I've lived next to a cattle farm. Those cows were free range, and kept in the best condition of almost any animal I've ever seen. They were meat cattle and the owner had been keeping cattle for many generations. Most of these conditions you see are a select few "production farms" that exist throughout the world.

And chickens are some of the most disgusting animals that have ever existed. They eat their own dung, willingly. I have seen chickens who were loose in pens get in major fights over nothing. De-beaking is not mean at all. Beaks are like fingernails, made of the same material. You want to get on something that is immoral involving poultry, look at Cock fighting. THAT is immoral.

Pigs HAVE to be slaughtered a certain way, or they are unedible. Pigs MUST be drained of blood or you can't eat the meat.

Veal is another story. I will never eat it, just for the fact that it is a baby cow, not going to happen.

Just my two cents... i will continue to eat meat, because that has been my diet for my entire life and I'm not going to hurt my body just to *stick it to* a few bad production farms.

And bullfighting is an archaic sport that unfortunatley used to be fair for the bulls, but isn't now due to the fact that the bull fighters are all pussies and don't want to get hurt.
[snapback]173594[/snapback]

Yea, that sounds like a nice place, but i am talking about places that aren't so great.
like hereThes bastards made me cry!!
and beaks are just 'like finger nails'. except, they have thousands of chickens to debeak, so they are carless and cut off bone, and soft tissue! it does hurt!

yes, meat does kick ass, i just wish they could have a 'life' before ending up on a dinner plate.

and yes, bull fighting is indeed repulsive.
trunks
this is trunks the real names brandon i like meat is good i prefer meat most of the time
lizzyangel
QUOTE(trunks @ May 17 2005, 12:26 PM)
this is trunks the real names brandon i like meat is good i prefer meat most of the time
[snapback]174007[/snapback]

huh. blink.gif
The Man Who Laughed
That sh*ts all propoganda.They took some hick @$$ slaughterhouse in Alabama and thats where they shoot all that footage.The FDA has very strict guidlines on how meat is processed.
Berserker Alchemist
Poor animals...;__; But i still eat them...
DameGreyWulf
QUOTE(lizzyangel @ May 2 2005, 09:04 AM)
i didnt know why ppl were so obsessed with eating no meat.  but after some research i know why.  maybe its just me, but if anyone out there doesnt know,  farm animals are kept in horrible conditions. it's hard for me, but eating little/ nbo meat helps my concious.  give it sdome thought. please.

i cried.

*tear*
this is another i found....
[snapback]165082[/snapback]

Sadly it's true..
But I can't help but love to eat turkey and all that.
I'll never touch viel though.
Shell
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 10:25 AM) [snapback]165087[/snapback]

Me too! I tryed to be a vegitarean but I caved after a year. I hate bull fighting too. Sure I hate the meat indistries but I still will never be vegitarrean.
Popogeejo
Meat is Murder!Although this is like saying Pie is Rape you get the gist.
Gramatical errors aside I agree with this to some degrees.Does it mean I don't eat meat? Hell no.I love meat.Yes an animal has died but why waste the death by not eating it?
If the world goes vegie then I'll adapt but I'm not going to waste a perfectly good pice of meat.
Le Monkey
WOW.. this is an old, and presumed fossilised thread! ohmy.gif
Its alive!!

I eat meat, most if not all comes from the local farms where my mum goes to the farm and litterally says, "I want the front half of that one, and the rump of that one" *Points at two cows* "Ill have these" *Picking up two chickins*

We have our own chickins now that we get eggs from, we make our own bacon from the next door neighbers pigs and we get all of our pork, mutton, beef and all other meaty substances from the local butcher who uses all local farms to fill his shop.

Now could I be scolded for eating meat that has had a good life, and I have actually seen grow up and fatten in the fields around me?
Just try it, You will have a hard time finding a moral highground to me now..

~Kit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.