Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Light Alchemy
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
chickdigger802
man, im askin alot of questions these days. i was wondering what did hohenim (spl?) did when he fought dante. People on the board here says he uses "light" alchemy, but that is just weird. can someone explain for me?
hitokiri
basically he's good enough to control light in a form that is akin to a very advanced laser, and shape it as he sees fit... you have to remember that hohenheim is basically the most powerful alchemist in all of the fma world. so yes... its light alchemy.
WhiteMike
Oh, so thats what he was doing... huh.gif
Kaze_Alchemist
Huh light alchemy...how did u guys know about that whole Hoheniem thing...is it part of the series because im watchin it on Adult swim and its only on Episode 23 or 24...?? thats cool though!!!
yannathedemonalchemist
yeah it is part of the series......you findout in later episodes about it......cya all soon.......
Eh? Light Alchemy? You do realize how many freakin' photons it takes to move anything, let alone break stone?
I thought the "light" of Hohenheim of Light was just an honorific, like Ivan the Terrible and such, but honoring instead of insulting. I figured he took water vapor in the air and compacted it into ice, creating the ice crystals that Gluttony was scared of and the sculptures of Al. I think that makes more sense then using photons, you know? Plus, that would explain how he didn't use any visible materials, and how nothing was left over-he just returned the ice to vapor once finished. Besides, it's not like the room dimmed when he clapped his hands.
well daz kool but imagine my named Kaze Alchemist able 2 manipulate da winds so dat yah..so around u ish air nd stuff so i can make da air against u nd stuff nd choke u to death now daz a kool alchemy
FMA JPD
I dont think you could control the wind. alchemy takes apart and rebuilds. you could increase or decrease pressure but not move it freely. Hoenhiem probably just super magnafied it, like a magnafy glass
RavenKnight
Actually, you could choke somebody with it, since you'd be rearranging air at the atomic level...
FMA JPD
Or transmute it out of thier lungs
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Guest @ May 5 2005, 07:39 PM)
Eh?  Light Alchemy?  You do realize how many freakin' photons it takes to move anything, let alone break stone? 
I thought the "light" of Hohenheim of Light was just an honorific, like Ivan the Terrible and such, but honoring instead of insulting.  I figured he took water vapor in the air and compacted it into ice, creating the ice crystals that Gluttony was scared of and the sculptures of Al.  I think that makes more sense then using photons, you know?  Plus, that would explain how he didn't use any visible materials, and how nothing was left over-he just returned the ice to vapor once finished.  Besides, it's not like the room dimmed when he clapped his hands.

It is possible that he is called Hoho of Light because (using your theory) when he creates the ice beings, the light reflects off of the translucent armors and looks like it is made of light. But using Hito's theory, Hoho could have used air particles, or even air itself as meterial to create a massive amount of light that would be created by splitting bonds etc. Although, maybe, just maybe, it is possible because Hagaren is a fictional world laugh.gif
FMA JPD
I don't think he used air particals. I think he just used alchemy to magnafy it
silver bg
i think FMA JPD is right....
shadowfox9845
that could be quite scary if you think about it, using light to do stuff with
Kaiyoko
huh.gif hmmm that's interesting. I don't know I haven't seen all of the episodes because the only way I can see it is on Adult Swim, and they stopped showing they new ones lat like episode #26. I know how the series end though
Kaiyoko
the* at*
I hate typos.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Kaze_Alchemist @ May 4 2005, 03:48 PM)
Huh light alchemy...how did u guys know about that whole Hoheniem thing...is it part of the series because im watchin it on Adult swim and its only on Episode 23 or 24...?? thats cool though!!!
[snapback]166362[/snapback]

if you ae watching it on adult swim..

Then find a download site and download the full SUBBED serise......

Dubbed is EVIL!!

happy.gif
DemonicFlare-Alchemist
I didn't even get that far into to series yet to know what your talking about! ^^;
Padraic
Le Monkey, you're a fool. Why would you bother reading the poor grammar of jap subtitles and listening to the annoying phoenetics of a language you don't understand when you could just watch the dubbed version? You think you're some sort of purist but you're just a douche. I've watched the dubbed up to 28 and the subbed 1-51 and I still really can't wait to see the English version of the second half of the series.

Also, before I start insulting the intelligence of everyone else on the board, I want you all to go ahead and watch the episode where Light fights Dante. He's using water vapor. Get used to it.
Dai
if he was using light alchemy, he had to use a lot of light, and the room didn't lose any of it... where is the equivalent trade?

I think that scene is a anime fail, but...
Singhay
Light Hohenheim or Van Hohenheim or Hohenheim Van Light... they all refer to heaven, in my opninion. Also it comes from that one Alchemist, Paracelues(sp?)?

Hohenheim = High Home in german
Van - Dutch for "of" ex. Dick van Dyke
Light = Think about the image of Heaven the bible portrays it to be. Clouds, a gate, rays of light.
Guest_Vicious_*
This is to all the people who keep saying stuff like this..."Oh really, does that happen, because im only up to 26 or so on adult swim", its really starting to annoy me.

THIS IS FOR JAPANESE AUDIENCE (FANSUB VIEWERS) ONLY.

For your own benefit, please go to the other sub-forum for the people watching the current screenings in america.
Please, this series is bloody awesome and looking here, you are only ruining the series for yourself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.