Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes In Epiosode 25
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ymsg
Ohh, it is. It totally is. *loves it*
Luckyalchemy27
Travis Willingham does such a good job with Roy's voice! My friends said that it's too deep for his face but I think it's perfect!

*nods in agreement*
Martel
::hugs Travis Willingham:: I love that man lol
ymsg
who doesn't? ;D
Martel
LOL! You're awesome ymsg!
TheBlackPanther
I thought the saddest part of the episode was when Hughes's daughter asked why they were burying her father, and told them to stop because "he had to go to work." How could you explain that to a three year old? It still breaks my heart when I think about it...

And Travis Willingham ROCKS!! wub.gif He's an awesome voice actor.
ymsg
QUOTE(Martel @ May 2 2005, 08:29 PM)
LOL!  You're awesome ymsg!
[snapback]165455[/snapback]

Aww thank you. You are too happy.gif And I am in LOVE with your siggy!! It's so great.
Martel
Lol thank you! Once bearing Hughes death gets a little easier I'll have to change it back to my Armstrong one lol. Omg blackpanther I know! I was crying POOR ELISIA the whole time!
ymsg
Your welcome. I keep making new ones. I don't know when I'll end up changing them; I'm just not over it yet. I'm at school now, and on my way here, it started raining. Without thinking, I said, "It's going to rain today." And I stopped in my tracks like, oh my gosh...
Jen_Elric
*tears up* OMG I just remembered how Roy sounded when he said that line. SO sad! And the whole Elysia thing had me crying! T_T
I am loving the new sigs people are making that have Hughes in them, like Martel's! I'm going to go put some pics of Hughes on my Photobucket album, just cuz I wanna.
*snif* I'm gonna miss Hughes. Now the only time I'll get to see him is when I watch my DVD's (I'm getting the second one today!!) and read the manga. ;_;
ymsg
Omg me too. I felt my eyes welling up after I realized what I'd said. I was like, "Yes.. it's going to rain today." Roy's line KILLED me, omg! I keep saying that, I know, lol, but it did. And yes, Martel's sig rawks.
Martel
I started thinking about his line and then Elicia's face kind of popped into my mind and my eyes started tearing up again! It sucked so bad! Fortunately I was alone of else ppl would have been like OMG are you ok!?
ymsg
I know!! I did that this morning in the car. That's when I said it was going to rain. I was like, 'omg.. allergies' *wipes eyes*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I know how you all feel. I still start to lose it every time I think about his funeral... between Elysia and Roy, i've found that it's impossible NOT to start crying. just thinking about it makes my heart ache. Hughes was just such a great character... the show's not the same with out him. unsure.gif
ymsg
Yeah *it's good to be understood!* Breaks my heart. Little girl with no daddy, 'cowardly alchemist' without a best friend, and a prodigy without a guide. And of course, us, without a Lt. colonel.
Jen_Elric
Gah...you guys are going to make me start crying! i know I will when I watch the episode again tonight. ;_;
ymsg
I watched it again last night ^^;; I can't help it, I just have to, you know?
Jen_Elric
I know what you mean. I'm watching it again to see if there was anything I missed. I usually do that.
ymsg
Same here. I need to know everything, it seems, and if I miss something it's some horrible tradgedy xP *is such a loser*
Martel
Lol thats why Winmx is my best friend cause I can get it and watch it as many times as I want before I go out and buy the DVD lol! Everyone who said it was more emotional in Japanese was right... I started crying even harder! And my mom came up and just kinda stared at me before walking away and saying something about medication lol. If it didn't come on at 1:30 here I would stay up and watch it again but yeah lol! I swear we are all such masocists, watching the episode where one of out favorite characters dies! It's terrible! sad.gif

Thanks for the compliment Jen! ::looks at sig and cries:: It depresses me though...
Jen_Elric
Your welcome Martel!
When I saw the episode agan, I cried in different places. This time, I cried when Mustang was in front of the grave and talking, and cried again when I saw Hughes waving from the train station! Took me a while to calm down after that...
Martel
Well I can at least get through the whole episode without bawling now lol. Grr! I still wanna know what Hughes was about to say before he stopped! I guess that's part of the mystery of the seires though ::sigh::
ymsg
Same here. We didn't have school in fla today (pro Ed day), and I stayed up til 1:30 last night. Fullmetal was on at 12:30, so I watched it... again. That's the 4th time in English (saw it once in Japanese) I just stared at the screen, tears running down my face and shaking my head.

It's also the first time this week that it hasn't rained, just point of fact. Since last Saturday til today, it's rained non stop, nearly.
Martel
Oooh! I'm sorry ymsg! Of course today is the first day that it rained and I had to mow the lawn. I walked up to my dad and said, "it's going to rain today" then just walked inside and sat on my couch staring at the floor. I was like GAAH! Rain is ruined for me now!! lol
ymsg
Me too. When it was sunny again, I was like *sniff* So, Hughes smiles down on us once again.
Martel
::sigh:: I'm gonna think of him every time it rains now!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Omg... you guys are going to make me start breaking down again...
The weathers nice here for once... lol *sniff**sniff* But... It's going to rain today... as I watch Episode 25 again today. I doubt I'll get through it with out crying. lol I better stock up on tissues.
ymsg
*pats your shoulder* Yeah, we're outta tissues *used them all* And I'm gonna think of Maes everytime it rains too, Martel T_T
Martel
::cries:: I think it's going to rain today too... it should pour so I can go and sit out in it lol! tongue.gif
ymsg
YEAH! Go out and sit in it and be like, 'This is for Hughes!!' That'd be true dedication, lol.
TheSaltineAlchemist
sad.gif **cries alone in the dark after watching ep.25 for the 99th time** this pain is so excrutiating its causing me to slowly become insane over my dearest best friend hughes death...*sob* it makes me want to try a human transmutation...the risks almost seem nothing compaired to the loss and pain of Maes death...it is to be mourned every day and night of my living existance(especially when it rains)...(cut scene)Elysia: why are they burying daddy?...if they bury him daddy cant go to work..(end cut scene) as pain courses through my body and shock takes me...
I lay in my bed and stare through the rain filled night for months on end....my FMA watching has narrowed its veiwing to that mournful episode...life ceases to exist for me... this is worse than one of my family members dying (even though Maes feels so much like a part of my family)
-The inner thoughts of a now twisted, mournful mind
Brad
ymsg
Be calm, dear. o.o We all miss Maes, but not to the extend of twisted physical torment. I mean, yeah, we all cry everytime we think about the poor guy, but that's a little over the top.
Martel
Yeah it's ok to be sad... but yeah that is a little overboard...
ymsg
Since Maes was a family guy, we all kinda felt like he was family. Except Gluttony, and no offense Gluttony, (but you said yourself you liked the evil guys, lol) and Martel's right, it's okay to feel sad; we all do. But that's a little overdoing the mourning.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To theSaltineAlchemist: *Hands tissue, gives hug* We all feel your pain fellow mourner, but please don't go into a depression over it!! Your going a bit above and beyond... Hughes is after all a fictinal character, you know? I still cry about his death when it comes to mind, but I'm not in danger of a break down over it. We're all sad about Hughes death, but not to the point were life has ceased to exist and our minds have become twisted. biggrin.gif Don't take it so hard! Cheer up, SaltineAlchemist! Your not alone.
ymsg
That's a great reply, bellatrixangelofkyo, lol ^^ took the words right out of my mouth.
Martel
Yeah! I can make it through ep. 25 without crying! Only took me like... 25 times... yeah I've practially memorized it now sleep.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ymsg @ May 8 2005, 06:01 PM)
That's a great reply, bellatrixangelofkyo, lol ^^ took the words right out of my mouth.
[snapback]169004[/snapback]

Lol Thanks Ymsg. biggrin.gif
To Martel & Ymsg: yeah, I made it through Episode 25 without crying... untill I watched the tears gliding down Roy's face, any way. Then it was tissue time again. lol Well, thats progress I supose. rolleyes.gif Okay, time to move onto a more up beat note, for the meantime, any way. lol Hughes was so funny... like in Episode 13 was it (the Roy vrs Ed Episode)? I loved that huge billboard he had of Elysia! That was so just so ridiculously funny. It makes me crack up just thinking about it. lol I remember the first time I saw that episode, I was like, omg, you've got to be kidding!!! lol What a shame to lose such a great character. Out of curiosity, did you all like Roy's reaction to Hughes's death better in the Anime or Manga, or both? wink.gif
Martel
::sigh:: Good memories Bellatrix! I was laughing my ass off that whole episode until the Roy flashback of the Ishbal war... that sucks... I was like OOH POOR BABY!! To tell you the truth I liked Roy's reaction better in the manga... just his line was smoother.. but I still liked it alot in the anime. His voice was just so emotional!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Martel @ May 9 2005, 05:41 PM)
::sigh:: Good memories Bellatrix!  I was laughing my ass off that whole episode until the Roy flashback of the Ishbal war... that sucks... I was like OOH POOR BABY!!  To tell you the truth I liked Roy's reaction better in the manga... just his line was smoother.. but I still liked it alot in the anime.  His voice was just so emotional!
[snapback]169584[/snapback]

That is exactly how i felt! Roy's eyes looked so sorrowfull! I felt so sad for him! sad.gif Roy's reaction was really touching in the anime... But I definately like his reaction in the manga the most... It killed me when he went to pick up the phone, but Hughes was already gone... and Roy realized something had gone wrong, and he starts screaming Hughes's name...and then you see the phone hanging there...and the blood.... It really busts me up just thinking about it. It was such an emotional moment...! It really rends your heart in two! I really thought Hughes might actually get away once he escaped from Lust, but once he went to the outside payphone and he got put on hold, I knew some thing was wrong... and unfortunitly, I was right. I think I cursed out Envy in at least 3 different languages. lol laugh.gif
TheSaltineAlchemist
I know i went over the top so to say but...u kno he was suck a great person. I hate when a character I like dies like Haku in Naruto its not a very good analogy though because Maes was so much better (for 1 thing Maes didnt have a cross identity/gender crisis where u didnt know for a few episodes whether it was a guy or gal)....hmm that reminds me(need to watch more Naruto biggrin.gif HEHEHE)
oh by the way if any one doesnt mind me bringing up Envy...umm does Envy wear a miniskirt or shorts?...i think its a miniskirt but i hear alot of ppl at my school say its shorts....yah
*Peace be with you my departed friend*
and to the rest of you have one full happy scottish/irish/whatever nationality you are day of peace and celebration...
-the saltine alchemist
umm...yeah
Martel
QUOTE(TheSaltineAlchemist @ May 9 2005, 07:54 PM)
I know i went over the top so to say but...u kno he was suck a great person. I hate when a character I like dies like Haku in Naruto its not a very good analogy though because Maes was so much better (for 1 thing Maes didnt have a cross identity/gender crisis where u didnt know for a few episodes whether it was a guy or gal)....hmm that reminds me(need to watch more Naruto  biggrin.gif HEHEHE)
oh by the way if any one doesnt mind me bringing up Envy...umm does Envy wear a miniskirt or shorts?...i think its a miniskirt but i hear alot of ppl at my school say its shorts....yah
*Peace be with you my departed friend*
and to the rest of you have one full happy scottish/irish/whatever nationality you are day of peace and celebration...
-the saltine alchemist
umm...yeah
[snapback]169832[/snapback]

I think it's a miniskirt lol! ((still belives that Envy is seretly a woman))
ymsg
XDD Martel! He verywell could be, that little... *hates him with a passion* I want Roy to KILL HIM! *sigh*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
SaltineAlchemist: It's a miniskirt with shorts underneith... that's what it looks like to me, any way. biggrin.gif

Martel: I completely agree!! lol Envy needs to die horribly!! mad.gif I really hope either Ed or Roy end up doing it... He really really needs to die at the hands of one of them... And soon!!! tongue.gif I really dislike Envy... Especially after what he does in the last anime episodes... What episodes have you all seen so far in the Anime? Have you seen all of them yet? laugh.gif
Martel
Lol! Omg! So I saw the new beginning that they have in the Japanese version of episode 26 AND IT IS SO COOL! DAMN THEM FOR NOT BRINGING IT TO AMERICA! But anyway from what I saw in the new beginning and it shows Ed and Al like tearing the crap out of this huge Snake thing... But it's totally pimp lol (can't believe I just said pimp *twitch*) I've only seen up to episode 26 but I've read so many spoilers I may as well have seen the whole series lol!
ymsg
tee hee, you said PIMP. XD. Okay sorry, random. Ugh I wish I could see Envy torched by Roy.. so bad...
Martel
:-P OOooo! I have a good idea for a fanart! Thanks ymsg! ::giggles insanely::
ymsg
Teehee hee, anytime. Oh, btw, I made a drawing of Maes, Gracia and Elysia *the one in the photo, 'member?* I can't wait to post it. *is at school now*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Martel @ May 10 2005, 07:02 PM)
Lol!  Omg!  So I saw the new beginning that they have in the Japanese version of episode 26 AND IT IS SO COOL!  DAMN THEM FOR NOT BRINGING IT TO AMERICA!  But anyway from what I saw in the new beginning and it shows Ed and Al like tearing the crap out of this huge Snake thing... But it's totally pimp lol (can't believe I just said pimp *twitch*)  I've only seen up to episode 26 but I've read so many spoilers I may as well have seen the whole series lol!
[snapback]170558[/snapback]

LOL I know what you mean. tongue.gif I'm not done with the series yet either, but I'm almost there (with the anime, anyways) I just finished watching episode 40 last night in japanese, and I've read up to chapter 46 in the manga (can't wait for the next chapter! laugh.gif ), but I already know what happens in the anime because I cheated and read the episode descriptions on this web site, sleep.gif lol not to mention all the spoilers that I've read! I couldn't help myself, I'm bad. ok, changing sub... Great thought Ymsg! It would be absolutely awesome to see Envy become a piece of charcol thanks to Roy... lmao I'd have a freaking party. biggrin.gif That would definetly be a good sub for fan art! ooooo! Please post your fan art!! I'd love to see it!!

IPB Image
ymsg
Aww thanks, bellatrixangelofkyo. Here it is. My scanner sucks, it looks so much nicer in person T_T *heartbroken*

http://www.deviantart.com/view/18210550/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.