Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes In Epiosode 25
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ymsg
Thanks for chopping the heart out. I wanted that, lol. *stares down at him*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL Thanks indeed Martel. laugh.gif It's about time somebody did that... even though his heart is microscopic and devoid of anything pleasent. *glares at Envy* *stabs him in the throat over and over again, and then cut's down into his chest* I never thought it was possible to hate a cartoon character so much.
ymsg
Anything that causes pain can be hated, Bellatrix. *crunches his bones*
Defade
*Takes him out from the oven*
Now..let's see....
*smears red and green paint on him*
And I TOTALLY AGREE! I've never hated an anime char so much! Those directors made him into a perfect most hated char( he's a tiny litle bit more lovable in the manga, but I still hate him).
Now, anyone wants to see the outcome of Envy cake?
It's kind of silly....sleep.gif;;
But I just can't stand it anymore after watching ep. 25....
Luckyalchemy27
*sits down and begins to sharpen the knife*
Barry: I want my knife back!!
Me: Let me think about it...eh, no.
Barry: *pouting* You're so mean!!!
Me: Yes, I know! That's why everyone loves me! (OR ELSE!!) tongue.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Very true Ymsg. happy.gif LOL Defade, your so hilarious! That was extreamly funny! Not what I was expecting at all. When it poped up, I was like "what the hell!? and then I started dying from laughter! omg, that pic is going to be my new wall paper. XD *Then transmutes a turrent of glass shards that rain down apon Envy, they puncture his skin every where they come in contact* *Then transmutes a large stone sea dragon that begins to chase Envy* *laughs at Envy* I can't wait until the FMA movie comes out! I was so frustrated when I watched the last episode! It's such a cliff hanger! laugh.gif
Defade
Heehee...I was laughing so hard drawing that too. That's why the old folks say "Little painter is the best way to ruin one's face." LOL
And yeah, ep 51 is such a cliff hanger, I hope Envy dies in the movie getting squashed by either Ed or Roy or Al or Riza or Wrath or...people...
Wonder if those red stones work in Munich....
And I think your mom would most likely to freak out at the sight of the Envy Cake and 'what the hell' it. wink.gif
*draws a Roy alchemy circle on the ground and transmutes a fire dragon chasing after Envy with Bellatrix's stone sea dragon*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Lol yes, I may have some explaining to do if my father where to see my new Envy Cake wall paper. I agree... some one needs to put an end to Envy once and for all... and I'd really like to see it be Edward or Roy... They both have really valid reasons to get revenge on that little bastard. What was with him taking the form of a dragon, any way? It supose it makes sense, but it's still rather odd in my opinion, but whatever. LOL *watches twin dragons chase Envy all over hell and snickers*
POTOPHREAK
I see Envy Fan boards everywhere... Hurray!! An Envy-Haters Board!!! *pours snot on Envy's ugly monster hair* Hopefully he/she will die in the movie.
alchemist922
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Apr 25 2005, 06:22 PM)
[spoiler]He dies! Its so sad! Envy kills him in the form of his wife![/spoiler]
[snapback]160831[/snapback]

actually sloth kills him
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To POTOPHREAK:
LOL I couldn't agree more! laugh.gif

To alchemist922: Sloth set's Hughes up, but she does not kill him. Envy takes the form of Maria Ross and pretends to be defending Hughes, but Hughes catches on and "kills" her, but since Envy is a humunculus, he resurects him self so to speak, takes the form of Hughes's wife Gracia, which catches Hughes off guard, and then shoots Hughes through the chest and ends his life. Which is why every one on this thread has been going on an anti-Envy crusade for the last several posts. LOL
Defade
QUOTE(alchemist922 @ May 30 2005, 06:40 AM)
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Apr 25 2005, 06:22 PM)
[spoiler]He dies! Its so sad! Envy kills him in the form of his wife![/spoiler]
[snapback]160831[/snapback]

actually sloth kills him
[snapback]181846[/snapback]

??? Sloth didn't even touch him, but she kind of, although it's the whole 7 deadly sins that were guilty.
Yeah, I dunno why Envy would take form of a stupid dragon too. I do hope he dies in the movie! I think I'll scream in delight if I see that and the whole cinema will be looking at this crazed girl sitting on 15th row( yeah I think I've decided that I'll sit on the 15th row if I can get it)
Now now....only 35 lives left....let us do something special!
CHICKENS WITH THEIR HEADS OFF RUNNING AROUND ATTACK!
Poof!
A bunch of chickens without heads appears and chases Envy!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL omg Defade! That's original... Lmao ah ha ha ha "CHICKENS WITH THEIR HEADS OFF RUNNING AROUND ATTACK". laugh.gif
The image that brings to my mind is quite frightening and hilarious... ROTFL

To Martel and Ymsg: This is incredibly off topic, but I was watching Cowboy Bebop the movie over the weekend ( I watched a bunch of the Ep's for the 1st time too, and now I love the show. LOL It's so cool), And as Fay split her shirt, I was like, omg my father is going to walk in right now... Lmao tongue.gif

What do you all think was Hughes best/ most memorable quality? Do you think Hughes death was actually some what necessary for the story line, or completely unnecessary?
Defade
Well...I think it has a little bit to do with the storyline.....but it's Arakawa-sensei who decided it, so it may be a completly different use in the manga. Though I think the main use in the anime is about Roy...Hughes sacrifices his life in order to make Roy go all the way up without a worry, like Riza had said. And maybe it is a signal of which direction the story is going to get....more and more sad....
Hughes death in the anime is kind of...difficult to..well....explain...it's something that you can't read but you have to watch the series over and over and think deeply about it....but most of his death is about sacrifice, and to make Roy stronger( in the heart) in order to go up...I really can't explain....
Thanks for the support on the chickens running with their heads off attack, Bellatrix!
I' M REALLY GOING CRAZY. I mean it. Just look at the attachment, you'll freak out.
Off-topic:I just flipped back some pages of this topic and found out the anime-thing with your parents...well...my parents are the same.....they let me watch anime but they all say it's boring....
BellatrixAngelofKyo
ROTFL Lmao!!! Omg Defade! That's too funny to be described in words!!! Omg... wow... Lol. laugh.gif

Yeah, that was basicly my thought too ( about Hughes). I hate to say it because I really hate the fact that Hughes died, but I think his death was esential for the story line in both the anime and the manga. It still breaks my heart though. I found this little Avatar and I was mad as hell after watching it like a dozen times... this is like the saddest thing ever... and precisly why I dislike Envy.

Don't watch this unless you've seen Ep 51 b/c it's a major SPOILER!!!!!
Ed... and the Evil green haired palm tree
Electrastar
QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 2 2005, 01:06 PM)
ROTFL Lmao!!! Omg Defade! That's too funny to be described in words!!! Omg... wow... Lol. laugh.gif

Yeah, that was basicly my thought too ( about Hughes). I hate to say it because I really hate the fact that Hughes died, but I think his death was esential for the story line in both the anime and the manga. It still breaks my heart though. I found this little Avatar and I was mad as hell after watching it like a dozen times... this is like the saddest thing ever... and precisly why I dislike Envy.

[snapback]184192[/snapback]

Stepping into the conversation here...a little late sorry....
Yeah, I must admit, even if it pains me to say so, that Hughes's death was an essential part of the storyline. I got things moving. For one thing, it gave a lot of developpement to Roy's character (mostly in the manga, a little bit less in the anime)... And had a lot of meaning...It's kinda hard to explain, or maybe I'm just not good at explaining...oh, and I hate Envy as well. After 400 + years of living, he should just get over it already and stop killing people...
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Well said Electrastar, that was the point I was trying to make as well. Hughes death, as sad as it was, allowed other characters personalitys to be further developed, and it did make the story considerably more dramatic, especially in the manga. yes, you would think that Envy would have gotten over his issues after brooding over them for 400 years. LOL but apearently Envy is so narrow minded that's all he cares about, even after all that time. But perhaps that's all Envy has to live for - revenge on Hoenhiem. Envy is a humunculus after all, so perhaps his grudge is the only thing that makes his souless, in-human life worth living? Who knows? It still doesn't excuse him for what he does to other certain characters during the story, that's for sure.
Electrastar
QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 2 2005, 04:35 PM)
Well said Electrastar, that was the point I was trying to make as well. Hughes death, as sad as it was, allowed other characters personalitys to be further developed, and it did make the story considerably more dramatic, especially in the manga. yes, you would think that Envy would have gotten over his issues after brooding over them for 400 years. LOL but apearently Envy is so narrow minded that's all he cares about, even after all that time. But perhaps that's all Envy has to live for - revenge on Hoenhiem. Envy is a humunculus after all, so perhaps his grudge is the only thing that makes his souless, in-human life worth living? Who knows? It still doesn't excuse him for what he does to other certain characters during the story, that's for sure.
[snapback]184294[/snapback]

Couldn't have put it better myself. biggrin.gif
I just can't feel any sympathy for a character like Envy....I mean, all he does in the story so far, is beat up , kill people and look pissed off all the time. The anime is over, and we got to know a little more about his character, but still not enough for me to even like him, maybe we'll learn more in the manga, who knows...

As for character developement in after Hughes's death, a person that really shines for me is Gracia. She is really strong. She accepts his death, even if she still morns him...but I guess that's because she knew that marrying a soldier meant certain risks and that some day, she might be faced with the possibility of losing him...But Hughes was so loveable, she couldn't resist. And she has Elicia as well, she's raising her on her own now, so she has to be strong, for her sake as well.
Defade
QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 3 2005, 04:06 AM)

[snapback]184192[/snapback]

!!*&#*%^(#&^(*&(@*&%*(#&%)&)^#)*_@_!@*$(#*%)#%_$(_$(_^(_!!!!!!!!
ENVY! DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!! *insert 10000000 swear words here*
whoever made that pic deserves to die. I HATE ENVY!! I still wonder why so many people like him, he's just a stupid bra-top-and-miniskirt-wearing palm-tree! And is so scared to show his true form he has to change his shape because his true form is too ugly. HE KILLED MY FAV CHAR* insert 10000000 ! here*
Now, let's see....
*transmutes a sword and plucks it into his chest*
NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE!
*stomps on him*
Let's see...29 lives left! Woah! My CRAWTHO attack took out a lot of those third grade red stones!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Electrastar: My feelings exactly about Envy. And I agree about Gracia's character as well. She is indeed a very strong character. Even after the grave loss she suffered, and being left with the responsiblity of raising Elysia on her own, she still manages to encourage and help others. I think Hughes's death also allowed every one to see a different side of Roy's personality - his non-formal side. Any one who thought of Roy as a tough, unfeeling character was proven wrong buy his reaction to Hughes's death.

That's how I felt about that too Defade. LOL It pisses me off so bad when I watch that! I hate the smile on his damn face as he's stabbing u-know-who.... It's such a nasty smile! I would like to physicaly rip it off of his face. *U know what? T think I will!* *Walks up to Envy and tears his face of with bare hands* I wish. LOL I wonder what role Envy will play in the end of the manga? That will be interesting to find out.
Racho
[spoiler]The death of Hughes tore me apart.
Especially when you see the funeral
when you see his precious little daughter
asking why they're burrying her daddy
and she starts crying, saying that he
has to wake up so he can keep working.[/spoiler]

Yeahh, he'd be all serious then be like..
*pulls out a picture*
LOOOKEEYYY AT MY DARLINGG DAUGHTERR
and go all goo-goo-ga-ga on us :]
he was the cutest character. <33

[[ROFLMFAFSOAMFO!! I'M WAYYYY OFF TOPIC HERE XDD]]

<Just to be safe, I put some part under spoiler band. ^^ 0217/07 ~Tombow>
sweety_pie
@Racho Yeah. PLEASE use spoiler tags.
CODE
[SPOILER]<Your words.>[/SPOILER]

This is how it shows up as...[spoiler]<Your words.>[/spoiler]

Not sure, if people should have to use spoiler tags, in this thread..because, the thread description says 'Spoiler'.. but oh well.
Tombow
@Racho - Just to be on the safe side, I went ahead and put Spoiler band on part of your post. ^^
Racho
oh yes. thanks.
lol I don't know if you could
tell.. [[lol]] I'm a bit new
to the forum stuff. but thank you :]
Arthur-F.Metal4life
man he was a good person and character well i was sad when he died cause he was very kind and cool but instead he lived in that another world
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.