Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes In Epiosode 25
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fallen Angel [in] Defeat
<Editing to add "in episode 25" to the thread title, and moving the thread from FMA Character Discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum where all "Hughes in episode 25" threads are being collected currently. 02/23/07 ~Tombow>

[spoiler]Colonel Maes Hughes is one of my favorite characters ever!! He's so awesome and really kind. I don't know much but my heart broke when I heard he's going to die . . . I don't know for sure because I'm still on episode 24 - Bonding Memories. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was true and what episode. My friend says it is on episode 25 but I'm not sure. I don't want him to die!! *Sniffles* He seriously doesn't deserve to die. And if he does, who killed him?[/spoiler]
foolmetal alchemist
[spoiler]He dies! Its so sad! Envy kills him in the form of his wife![/spoiler]
Fallen Angel [in] Defeat
So he does die . . . *Sigh* I don't think I will be able to see it. What episode, does anyone know?
_alchemist
[spoiler]he dies in the next episode. [/spoiler]
ἀρχή
If you're interested in everything Maes Hughes, then Go Here (Spoilers).
Martel
DON'T READ THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE DRIVEN MAD!!

[spoiler]I've read the manga and he does indeed die.... but I've also heard rumors that he comes back? And in one of the Avatars in the gallery you see ED dodging something and if you look closely it looks like one of Hughe's throwing knives! o.o But I dun remember Hughes every trying to stab Ed in previous episodes.... Makes me think he could come back... evil.[/spoiler]
Maes Hughes
Yeah I was choked up...sad.gif But at least he went down fighting!;)

What killed me was

[spoiler]Ed and Al don't find out Hughes is dead until about episode 47.......I was afraid they would never find out!![/spoiler]
Martel
QUOTE(Maes Hughes @ Apr 25 2005, 09:39 PM)

What killed me was

[spoiler]Ed and Al don't find out Hughes is dead until about episode 47.......I was afraid they would never find out!![/spoiler]
[snapback]160949[/snapback]

MY GOD! 47?! What takes them so long! Oh no... does Roy lie to them about it like he did in the manga?
The_Lazy_Alchemist
QUOTE(Martel @ Apr 26 2005, 02:37 AM)

[spoiler]I've read the manga and he does indeed die.... but I've also heard rumors that he comes back?  And in one of the Avatars in the gallery you see ED dodging something and if you look closely it looks like one of Hughe's throwing knives! o.o  But I dun remember Hughes every trying to stab Ed in previous episodes....  Makes me think he could come back... evil.[/spoiler]
[snapback]160913[/snapback]

[spoiler]Ah, yes...That one. Well, all I can tell you is that nobody resurrects him. You'll see what that thing really is...In episode...50.[/spoiler]

QUOTE(Martel @ Apr 26 2005, 04:26 AM)
QUOTE(Maes Hughes @ Apr 25 2005, 09:39 PM)

What killed me was

[snapback]160949[/snapback]

MY GOD! 47?! What takes them so long! Oh no... does Roy lie to them about it like he did in the manga?
[snapback]160974[/snapback]

[spoiler]He doesn't lie, per se...It's more like he says absolutely nothing...But he doesn't tell them for a reason...Well, a few good reasons, actually. They don't really understand them, but they do, when the time comes. They find out from somebody different...[/spoiler]

Omakase Shimasu: Please check Quistsis post about Forum Decorum about SPOILER TAGS!!
kungfustickman
Don't miss the episode and try to be discrete. Spoilers are the worst! Perhaps you should rename the post.

Hughes was great.
ymsg
MY GOD!  47?!  What takes them so long!  Oh no... does Roy lie to them about it like he did in the manga?
[snapback]160974[/snapback]

WTFH 47?! You're totally right. And I don't think Roy lies, but keeps it from them. I hear that [spoiler] Winry and Pinako find out before Ed and Al and it pisses Ed off [/spoiler]

Poor Maes. I feel so awful for him; I don't know if I can watch it. Thus I invited 2 of my friends over and bought the large tissue boxes. ;D
Maes Hughes
It wasn't as sad for me at frst until his daughter Elisa starts talking...then I got kinda choked...sad.gif

but I saw the SUBBED......so it wasn't as bad...I bet I'll be crying when I see it in english...tongue.gif
Kinbari-chan
QUOTE(Martel @ Apr 25 2005, 09:37 PM)

I've read the manga and he does indeed die.... but I've also heard rumors that he comes back?  And in one of the Avatars in the gallery you see ED dodging something and if you look closely it looks like one of Hughe's throwing knives! o.o  But I dun remember Hughes every trying to stab Ed in previous episodes....  Makes me think he could come back... evil.
[snapback]160913[/snapback]

[spoiler]You see the form of Hughes again later in the series..episode 50 in fact. However it is not Hughes. It is Envy who has shape-shifted into him to basically piss Ed off.[/spoiler]
silverwolf
i saw the last episodes 32-51 not only is it that mustang does not tell them winry hides it to sad.gif all i can say is i'm glad no one tried to human transmute him sad.gif
Ava_Michelle
QUOTE(silverwolf @ Apr 26 2005, 11:44 AM)
i saw the last episodes 32-51 not only is it that mustang does not tell them winry hides it to sad.gif all i can say is i'm glad no one tried to human transmute him sad.gif
[snapback]161153[/snapback]

I'm fairly certain there -isn't- a 52nd episode...{My bad, my bad... Thought I saw a 2 instead of a one.. Sorry! happy.gif;;}

But on topic, I love Hughes! He's so great, because he'll serious State Soldier one moment, and then going all ga-ga over his lovely little girl the next. He's so cute! happy.gif
Continue to watch next episode, reardless of this fact. It's a wonderful episode, and centered around Hughes and Roy's relationship as well as Hughes himself. Also, a very great part will happen in this series. I really hope they do well in that scene

[spoiler] In the end, Roy and Riza are at Hughes' grave and it goes like this:
Roy: ....It's Raining
Risa: *looks at Roy* ...yes.
Roy: *is quietly crying*
I garentee you, this will be the only time you'll see him cry...same w/ Armstrong...only time (I think) you'll see him cry [/spoiler]
[spoiler]
PS. You also will see another important character in the crowd at hughes' grave...might be wrong...he looks almost exactly like him. Hint: He's in the same scene as Ross [/spoiler]
ymsg
I can't see Roy cry.. I can't do it, lol.
Fallen Angel [in] Defeat
Ack!! I haven't seen the episode yet! It's the next one and I can't wait to see it! Ahh . . . my curiousity always gets the better of me!! I shouldn't have ask!! Grr . . . *is mad at self*

Yeah he was such a good person. Thanks for all the info and spoilers everyone! I guess it's better for me to know now so I don't die from shock next Saturday. Aw, I feel so sorry for Elysia . . . she's fatherless. :[ And I liked Envy too. Now when I learned that he killed Hughes, I don't really like him all that much. That also sucks for Ed and Al not knowing until episode 47 or something.
Fallen Angel [in] Defeat
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 26 2005, 03:39 PM)
I can't see Roy cry.. I can't do it, lol.
[snapback]161283[/snapback]

Me either . . . but it makes sense that Roy is crying right? Wasn't Hughes and Mustang best friends or at least very close friends?
ymsg
Oh yeah. Best friends. *sniffles LOUDLY*
Martel
Oh my Lord I hate Envy with a fiery passion! I mean seriously! WHO DOES THAT?! First he changes into Gracia and then he has to go and fdjkalfjsdaklfjdsakl! Sorry... I mean Envy would be such a kick ass character if he wasn't such a little bastard!
ymsg
Oh, I know! He's such a little bitch, it seems, lol. He had to be Gracia, didn't he. He HAD to make Hughes see that before he died. What a lovely memory.
In truth it will happen. If one finds the truth of life, you won't be happy...it harms you in one way or another
[spoiler]
Hughes dies, the homunculus (except Wrath, who I think is slowly going insane now) die after seeing the truth of dante, Greed's chimeras die (*sniff* Martel!), Roy barely escapes death at the cost of an eye and his position, Ed is sent to our world, so is his Dad, and Al gains his body back, but doesn't remember anything from the 4 years they searched for the stone. So in a way, everyone looses something out of the truth [/spoiler]
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 27 2005, 11:26 AM)
Oh, I know! He's such a little bitch, it seems, lol. He had to be Gracia, didn't he. He HAD to make Hughes see that before he died. What a lovely memory.
[snapback]161709[/snapback]

GAAH! I KNOW! Die evil Envy AND your miniskirt! (Which confused me for the longest time.... I thought Envy was an it until I listened to him in Japanese... there is sounds like a guy. But in America on no. He sounds like a girl AND wears a bloody miniskirt!)
Martel
jfkld;sahjfdslkafdjsakl once again I forgot to log in and that ^ was me
Mustang's Apprentice
Why did he have to die right after Elysia's birthday??

I was so sad in Ep. 23 at the birthday scene....

Yet, Hughes saw his wife before he died and he didn't attack.....

Envy is such a cowardly character, transforming into someone's wife and killing them instead of fighting face-to-face dry.gif

God, I hope Mustang avenges Hughes and Envy dies a horrible flaming death dry.gif
ymsg
WOO! I'm with you two all the way! DEATH TO ENVY!
Martel
YES! ::grabs torch and pitchfork:: LET'S GET 'IM!!

I agree! How big of a coward are you when you diguise yourself as the victims loved one! ARRG! I hate below the belt shots like that! ::has a new motivation to want to murder Envy::

I remember in the manga Roy ended up killing Lust... but not Envy... damn. Doubt they'll do it that way... the anime is ssoooo much different than the manga. And that confused me so bad when I first started watching the series. Took me awhile to figure out that they HAVE A NEW FRICKEN ENDING! ::grumblegrumble::
ymsg
It's okay, Martel, *beware of spoilers, lol* but I want Envy dead just as much as you do. That was a truly below the belt, attack from behind, last ditch effort to hurt Maes before he died, and what an awful way to die; your last image to see the one you love so much with a gun pointed at you? How low can you possibly go? Envy has no heart; he makes his victims suffer before their death. That is the ultimate low.
Maes Hughes
That is the only time you see Roy cry...but not armstrong...he crys all the time...tongue.gif theresat least 5 eps where he crys.....but he is funny as hell!

I hate hughes replacement...Lieutenant Colnel Archer....sad.gif
ymsg
Archer... there's something I'm supposed to remember about him, I know it. He's gotta be evil or something... *racks brain*
Mustang's Apprentice
SPOILERS

Archer is a man who loves war and he wants to kill all Ishbalans and always wants to start another war.......

Not that likeable a character.....
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 29 2005, 01:14 PM)
Archer... there's something I'm supposed to remember about him, I know it. He's gotta be evil or something... *racks brain*
[snapback]163087[/snapback]

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Archer is a war lover and wants to be a 'hero' like Roy. He hates Roy w/ a passion (almost)...and he knows about the homunculus, ecpesially Wrath. He uses Armstrong as a minion, although he knows well that Archer was bad. He uses Kimbly and Tucker toget a war started. He was caught by Roy and riza (guided by Armstrong). While he sends tucker's chimeras on them, he sends millions of soldiers (dispite the Fuher's orders) to attack Lior. A lot of his body was use to make the stone and he is made into a Andriod...after Shooting Roy in the eye (I think) he is shot in the back by Riza and dies.
The end
Maes Hughes
I don't understand how he survived the assault at HQ first? They shot automatics at him and even used grenades....than riza comes along takes one shot and its over....I didn't like that...:\
QUOTE(Maes Hughes @ Apr 29 2005, 05:14 PM)
I don't understand how he survived the assault at HQ first? They shot automatics at him and even used grenades....than riza comes along takes one shot and its over....I didn't like that...:\
[snapback]163287[/snapback]

I personally think it's a plot hole so that a certain thing can happen
ymsg
Thank you, Guest! I knew I had to remember that. Well, tonight's that fateful night...
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 30 2005, 09:24 AM)
Thank you, Guest! I knew I had to remember that. Well, tonight's that fateful night...
[snapback]163654[/snapback]

no problem, Ymsg. happy.gif
Azura Elric
Erm, is anyone interested in joining a Memorial Service I'm having for Hughes?

http://www.livejournal.com/users/azuraveedragon/

I need some more RPers though, but if you guys don't want to RP anyone that's fine. ...I'm not even going to try asking someone here to do Envy. *burns an Envy doll*
It'll be on AIM tonight, after 9pm eastern. Schedules located at the link.
Ohh I am I am!!
ymsg
^ that was me, lol
Martel
Gaah! I so would Azura but I have a stupid after prom thing I have to go to... (Prom is taking over the world btw) But I had almost forgotten about Archer! One of the four main corrupt military guys! So HE'S the one that shoots Roy... oooh him and Envy are #s 1 and 2 on my kill list. mad.gif
ymsg
Ohh Martel I wish you could be there!! Didja catch the episode?
Martel, do you happen to go to Maumee Valley Country Day School?
I do and we had our Prom today too! lol
Martel
Lol of course I watched it ymsg! It made me cry soo bad! ::dies:: I miss Hughes and his obsessive parent comments already! I saw Envy and started twitched and then I see Archer and started twitching even more! Gaah it was terrible!

But guest I don't go there, I go to school somewhere in liltte ol' boring Colorado. wink.gif
Martel
One more thing to add THEY SCREWED UP ROY'S LINE! His whole "It's going to rain today" line wasn't as good as I was hoping. They should have just said "it's raining" and it would have been so much better! dry.gif
ymsg
I know. But the same effect got across. Get this: The episode ended, and it rained outside. For real. Down here in fla, that is. I went outside and thought, 'Well, I guess this is for Hughes.'

Ughh, I about died, no pun intended.
Martel
Lol here in Colorado it doesn't rain.. it snows... yeah you heard me IT SNOWED IN THE END OF APRIL! I listed to Roy's line again and I was listening to his choaked up voice and nearly started crying again! Gods it's so depressing to listen to!
ymsg
OMG I KNOW!! Gets my eyes watering every time. I could just hear it reverberating in my brain: It's going to rain today, it's going to rain today...
Martel
Travis Willingham does such a good job with Roy's voice! My friends said that it's too deep for his face but I think it's perfect!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.