Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Al Want A Girlfriend In The Manga?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
ChibiWinry_05
blink.gif i was on the phone today with one of my friends and she told me that she heard Al complains alot about him not having a girlfriend i was wondering if that is true. Does Al really think alot more about girls in the manga then the anime? unsure.gif
CSakuraS
That's only been seen in the omake, except for when he once says he wanted a girlfriend before he died. XD But generally, I think both Ed and Al in the manga are more...'teenage-minded' than their anime counterparts.
foolmetal alchemist
Yeah. In the anime, they seem more depressed all the time. They seem alot more lighthearted in the manga.
SweetJanie
Yep Al really wants a girlfriend!! laugh.gif

Check it out!!

And the omake!!

This one too xD

..and this xP
MasterKris
Also in the anime, when Ed and Al thinks about how Izumi is going to kill them, Ed says, "I want to live longer" and Al says, "I wanted to at least fall in love, Brother."
Zarpia
Omake and magna is the same?
Senefen
Kinda, the omake is just a little 4 panel comic at the end of the books. Other omakes include Al growing leg hair, losing weight, Ed telling his "total height" is 165 cm, Roy admitting he wants to rule toe military to get all the women to wear mini skirts, roy getting "facial hair" and others. Basicaly its a funny little side thing which doesnt effect the story.

biggrin.gif yes, Al wants a girlfriend, I'll do it! Though that is robbing the cradle a little O.o.
SweetJanie
Omake means Side Story so...yeah. mellow.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Apr 27 2005, 09:33 AM)
Omake means Side Story so...yeah. :mellow:
[snapback]161621[/snapback]

Actually, "omake" means "extra." "Side story" is "gaiden." ^^;;
SweetJanie
*gasp* Duh to me, sorry, I'm kinda confused and messed up today!! wacko.gif That's right Umeko, sorry... ^^'
Zarpia
Thanks for telling me the diference betwen those 2.
I hope Al gets a girlfriend soon.
AA battery
Nah, Al shouldn't get a girl friend just yet... fangirls will hunt that female character down pretty damn fast blink.gif *and I will be one of them hahaha xD*

You forgot to post the omake that

Al then went to Winry and ask for her opinion, Winry then suggests that girls cannot resist cute stuff like cat ears and dog ears... so Al then put on a accessory ELEPHANT ears xDDD (it's in either volume 5/6/7... forgot which ^^; )
ChibiWinry_05
Wow poor al I'd be nice gf but i'm 18 he's 15 i'd go to jail ph34r.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(ChibiWinry_05 @ Apr 27 2005, 07:59 PM)
Wow poor al I'd be nice gf but i'm 18 he's 15 i'd go to jail  ph34r.gif
[snapback]162118[/snapback]

*laughs* same here lol! xD
I'd say we both steal Al and suffer our punishment later ph34r.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 27 2005, 09:01 PM)
Al then went to Winry and ask for her opinion, Winry then suggests that girls cannot resist cute stuff like cat ears and dog ears... so Al then put on a accessory ELEPHANT ears xDDD (it's in either volume 5/6/7... forgot which ^^; )
[snapback]162006[/snapback]

Yeah, that one! I've never seen it scanlated, though... Anyway, it was volume six. :D Al is such a dork. XD

EDIT: And before I'm attacked by Al fangirls, I mean that in a nice way. :O
AA battery
too late. *steals Ed's automail arm and hits Umeko in a really "nice" way* xD
stella_mustang
Woo! I'm 15!
Yay!
heheheh (put fingers together)
laugh.gif
SweetJanie

I never saw it!!! T_T I only read scans cause I can't read jap or chinese...

Well, actually Al's pretty much older than any of us...since he was born in the beginning of the 20th century... I just don't know if it was 1900 or 1901...I'm almost certain Ed's on 1899 so Al's gotta be on 1900 ne?
MasterKris
Al was born in early 1900 and Ed was born in late 1989.
Senefen
Umeko-san! Scanlate it please! ;_; We humble ones missed heaps of omakes and we wants them (precious). Plus I dont want to wait 18months for volume 6 to come out
AA battery
QUOTE(MasterKris @ May 4 2005, 12:53 PM)
[snapback]166179[/snapback]

>.> no way... they have to be at least 10 months apart... *cough* Hohenheim probably isn't that desperate to... uh, you know what I mean sleep.gif;; *cough* It probably would make more sense if they are... at least 15 months apart =\

Ed -> early 1989
Al -> late 1990

<--- makes more sense to me... altho I don't really care about it now *waiting for Arakawa-sensei to release the real info*

---

SweetJanie: You just HAD to make me picture Al as a 105 years old person, didn't you? ARGHH!!! THAT WAS HORRID!!! *dies*

... *starts searching for Al's grave as she figured that Al probably didn't live that long*
QUOTE(MasterKris @ May 4 2005, 12:53 PM)

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 7 2005, 12:54 AM)
Ed -> early 1989
Al -> late 1990

Uh you two do know something is wrong with the dates you said, right?!

Ed 1911 = 12 years old.
AA battery
guest, go read the Perfect Guide book 2... there is a timeline right there with when Ed and Al are born... well... maybe Ed's birthday is actually indeed in december, and Al's probably is in december too?
Uh... look I think you two don't get me.

MasterKris & armor=alchemist says Ed born 1989 or 0 years old
Fact is Ed @ 1911 = 12 years old.

So

1900 Ed = 1 year old
1905 Ed = 6 year old
1911 Ed = 12 year old
1926 Ed = 27 year old
1989 Ed = 0 year old!? (according to MasterKris and armor-alchemist)

I mean WTF? Did he find the Fountain of Youth or something? wink.gif
AA battery
?_? I don't get what you are saying now...
what does that do with whatever fountain of youth @_@ (Ed would be 106 yrs old now, lol)
*sigh* Just go back and read your post along with MasterKris's post and look carefully what both of you wrote as the year Ed was born.....................
hakai-kun
In the manga Ed isn't born in the winter like the anime, right? Because currently they keep mentioning how Ed is "going on 16" and I kinda doubt it's the winter.

oh, yeah, btw...
IPB Image
also posted in ...fma better... thread with other yonkomas. tongue.gif
POTOPHREAK
I remember something in the manga like:

Ed: Remember Al, when we were small, we argued about who is gonna marry Winry.

Something like that... not sure
ChibiWinry_05
I've heard that one to, but i don't know if it's true. That be cute if it was though. If someone has the pic translated post it!
SweetJanie
That was in the manga, at the hospital scene. *goes search*

http://www.readmanga.com/view.php?currtitl...chap=015&img=16

Its here!! happy.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(POTOPHREAK @ May 10 2005, 07:29 AM)
I remember something in the manga like:

Ed:  Remember Al, when we were small, we argued about who is gonna marry Winry.

Something like that... not sure
[snapback]170298[/snapback]

uh, Al said that, not Ed sleep.gif;;

[spoiler]cuz in chapter44/45/46 or sth, Ed asked Al if that really happened (Ed didn't remember) and use that to confirmed that Al's soul is the real Alphonse Elric, not a fake transmuted by Ed... and it was pretty obvious on that hospital scene too...

~hospital... chap 13 or sth?~
Al: I remember that when we were small we faughted over who is gonna marry Winry.
Ed: What? I don't remmber that!
Al: I won, but we both got dumped.
Ed: oh I see...

~in chap 44/45/46~
Ed: I have to ask you two something... Uh, I heard from Al that, we faught over who gets to marry you, was that right?
Winry: Yea. I dumped you both.
Ed: reason why?
Winry & Al: I don't want to marry guys shorter than me.
Ed: *explodes*
[/spoiler]
ChibiWinry_05
O_O LOL!!!! XD but i think she likes ed now LOL!!
Judith
I'm not sure whether Al said those things just to make us laugh when reading the manga or what, but all those did happen, and it just makes one wonder whether it really isn't so, since he mentioned it a few times over already. The thing with the shorter guys was really a direct hit, lol... Still haven't read the manga that far... happy.gif

P.S. What the unregistered person meant with the dates is that you wrote 1989 instead of 1899, because before 1900 is 1899, not 1989. :/ biggrin.gif Either way, a hilarious discusion this was. tongue.gif
Karo
too short. Poor Ed, but that was a very funny discusion.
Fullmetal007
(blubber) nsnfff ppppoor Al snf snf snf sigh
Chiisana
As I read in chinese version of FMA, when Ed, Al and Winry was on their way to Rush Valley. Ed talked about that his teacher would definite kill them. Then Al said that he still want to get a girlfriend or something like that xP

It doesn't make so much impression, but... This shows that Al is not that innocent as we though? xD Awwwh Hiromu-sensei, why did you make Al wanting such a thing? >w<
Chiyo
QUOTE(Fullmetal007 @ Apr 19 2007, 03:25 AM) [snapback]532370[/snapback]

Get away from my forum...now.

Putting it simply (and to avoid spamming): Al is the softer side of the Elrics, and probably see's having a girlfriend as normal, something he strives to be. The end.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Fullmetal007 @ Apr 19 2007, 03:25 AM) [snapback]532370[/snapback]

Everyone knows Al has free pick of all the ladies of FMA. Mei Chan is the obvious choice but he could easily charm Ranfan or Riza...maybe even Oliva.
Chiyo
OlivaxAl? Thats just...genius, though I would assume all fingers would point to Mei Chan being his one true love.

Tombow
No, no!! Al can't take Riza!!
I'm a Al x Mei supporter!!! ^^

Seriously, I agree with Chiyo that Al is the softer side of Ed. That's agood way to put it.
And, at least in manga, Al is becoming more self-confident of himself.
I think Al and Mei will make a nice couple!! ^^
Chiisana
Ya AlxMei sounds so cute. I just hope Mei won't be domintae over Al xD After seeing the chapter where Mei and Ranfan shouted at Al, and Al got scared xP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.