Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Blind Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
tinlunlau
I just bought the Hong Kong Chinese edition of Fullmetal Alchemist: Perfect Guidebook last weekend and noticed there's a gaiden story exclusively made for the Guidebook called "The Blind Alchemist". Will this be translated in English or will I have to translate this on my own? (which i wouldn't want to do since i am starting to translate the "The Flame Alchemist" short novel).
Omakase Shimasu
I think this Gaiden volume's already in the manga. You can find the "Blind Alchemist" here: http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...tegories&cid=20

Scanlated. At least I think this is what you mean. happy.gif;;;
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 17 2004, 11:41 PM)
I think this Gaiden volume's already in the manga. You can find the "Blind Alchemist" here: http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...tegories&cid=20

Scanlated. At least I think this is what you mean. happy.gif;;;

oooo, and i thought that only up to 29 had been scanslated, thanks! *smooch*
Omakase Shimasu
You've been missing out on a lot of things, Blahblah. You poor deprived child~ *huggles*
Haroken
...Who's jude? I'm up to chap 38 I dont know a jude...
Omakase Shimasu
Are you serious?! He's from the 4th Gaiden if I'm not mistaken. It's called the "Blind Alchemist". From the Perfect Guide? You know what, this just can't be, so I'm gonna give you a link to Animesource!

Link: Blind Alchemist (Perfect Guide Gaiden)

OK, read! Now!
Haroken
*tear*

I liked that story alot.
Omakase Shimasu
*cries* I knew you would.

Jude is THE man, isn't he?
Haroken
not THE man but at least the man.

XD
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I can live with that.
TrueAlchemist
I liked the Gaiden version.
It was good one even though it did not really help out with the story.
Kasumi
I liked it too, but it kinda creeped me out at the same time...
TrueAlchemist
Yes, I see your point Kasumi.
It does not give a perfect happy ending.

Specially, when Ed said, " But, none of them is able to receive redemption",
it sounds like all of blind alchemist and people around him will be doomed forever from their sin.

Once, I said before, it was a good story for a fan of FMA.
Ninie
Yeah, Jude's great. And the gaiden... *sad* I love that story. I wish they animated it...

I love manga!Barry, and Ling!
TrueAlchemist
Gaiden plot is good for extra episode for FMA.
Omakase Shimasu
It couldn't very well make an appearance in the anime since Homu-club are created by the Human Transmutation technique there. It's still a great addition to the manga!!

Jude is such a great character too.

T____T It's too sad~
Chibi Viki
it was nice... but still creepy... >_<

wait, perfect guide? does it also include the prelude to the game? there was supposed to be a manga prelude to the game, 8 pages only, as I remember...
Carnal Malefactor
That issue disturbed the hell out of me.
Cherry
It was a good story, although it creeped me out as well. The line at the end was also fitting to the manga. It surprised me a lot though.

No, it definately won't appear in the anime without killing the plot. I'm not complaining though - they already incorporated the other three gaidens into the anime, along with some of the omakes. That was nice enough. ^^'

The weird thing is that I got this empty feeling after reading it. Kinda like when all's said and done, the brothers won't recieve redemption either. Sorta like foreshadowing that in the end they'll just be happy to be alive, or at least in the manga. Just an odd thought.

Also, if I remember, one of the characters was wondering if it was really the girl's soul in that body. Made me wonder about a lot of things.
Actually if he orders the Japanese Perfect Guide Book, he would only get the colour schedule book I believe (The Flame Alchemist would be packaged with some other Vol or so I believe...)

Also if he ordered the Tong Li Taiwanese Perfect Guide Book instead, he won't get them as well since Tong Li packaged The Flame Alchemist with Vol 6 and the schedule book with Vol 7.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.